HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

PS #5 - 09.30.2011 | New York Rangers @ Frolunda Indians | 1:00 PM - MSG (HD)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-30-2011, 11:23 AM
  #101
Osminator
Registered User
 
Osminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 4,479
vCash: 50
NYR is playing Zuccarello/Christensen/Wolski/Prust/Boyle/Rupp/Weise/Mitchell/Avery/Hagelin/Newbury/Bourque

G-Lundqvist/ Stajcer D-Del Zotto/McIlrath/Bickel/Erixon/Parlett/Bell....

Osminator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:25 AM
  #102
we want cup
We do not Sow
 
we want cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 10,644
vCash: 500
Well.... Let's not be disappointed if we lose icing that lineup.

__________________

RANGERS =
we want cup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:25 AM
  #103
beastly115
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 10,424
vCash: 500
Ugh. Sucks that they go with the ****** lineup when they finally televise a game.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:26 AM
  #104
Giglio NYR15
Section 417
 
Giglio NYR15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
Reading about the crowd atmosphere in the NYR vs Sparta Prague thread, it's no secret one of the things transatlantic players appreciate the most going overseas, is the crowd atmosphere.

I will also never, ever, ever understand the mentality of booing your own team, or specifically some player on your own team, which is even worse. You boo because you are disappointed. I'm pretty sure the players on the ice are even more disappointed than you are, they don't need to be informed about that things aren't looking well.

It's counterproductive. You suck out the energy of your own team and get them into negative thoughts, instead of boosting them with positive energy. It's simple psychology. I am 100% positive NYR would have better results, if they had more supportive fans. It's not hard being a supportive supporter when you're winning, it's being supportive when your team is losing. That's when you show true character and in that regard, I must say there are too many spoiled brats in MSG with bad attitude.

In Europe, playing at home is like constantly having an extra player on the ice. In New York, the team is consistently doing better on away ice, because the home fans are schizofrenic (supportive when winning, taunting when the team actually needs them) and like to bully some of their own players.

Let me tell you what happened during a SEL game I was watching recently. The score was 4-0 for the home team. You could barely talk with your friends, because it was so loud. This, a few games into the normal season. The away team quickly scored 2 goals in the 3rd period and the game could've had new life. But it didn't, because the home crowd straight out ignored the two goals scored. They continued chanting, singing and banging drums without even flinching. You barely even noticed there even was a goal on the ice. You couldn't even hear what the announcer said.

And you could see it in the home team, they didn't get nervous, they shrugged it off, because the home crowd shrugged it off. Shortly thereafter, the home team scored 5-2 and sealed the victory. That's how fans treat their team. Always supportive, because that creates a positive spiral.

I'm not saying European fans are better, I'm saying NYR fans should start supporting their team when they really need their support.
I dont agree with everything you say, but I do feel that european fans are more loyal and enthusiastic, but also because they are allowed to be. Whether its soccer or hockey, the idea of supporters sections are awesome. Unfortunately that will never happen here because its all about money and selling out tickets. I am dying for a rangers supporters section for the winter classic....just allocate a few sections to rangers fans and hopefully we all fill up in one section. Ive been to serie A soccer games in italy, there is nothing like it, blows away any experience ive had here and i am a die hard rangers fan and sth. I wish we could have that here, but it will never happen.

Giglio NYR15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:26 AM
  #105
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,191
vCash: 500
I am VERY excited to see how McIlrath handles the larger ice surface. For people saying his positioning is normally not so good and his skating needs improvement, this game will definitely show the truth.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:27 AM
  #106
Osminator
Registered User
 
Osminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 4,479
vCash: 50
A line of Prust/Newbury/Rupp, Bickel and McIlrath on the back should provide plenty of entertainement hahahahaha

Osminator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:30 AM
  #107
Hanke
Tortsless Rangers
 
Hanke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,185
vCash: 500
Very fast team out there woof. I think we take this one. Bigger rink will be useful.

Hanke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:33 AM
  #108
Osminator
Registered User
 
Osminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 4,479
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giglio NYR15 View Post
I dont agree with everything you say, but I do feel that european fans are more loyal and enthusiastic, but also because they are allowed to be. Whether its soccer or hockey, the idea of supporters sections are awesome. Unfortunately that will never happen here because its all about money and selling out tickets. I am dying for a rangers supporters section for the winter classic....just allocate a few sections to rangers fans and hopefully we all fill up in one section. Ive been to serie A soccer games in italy, there is nothing like it, blows away any experience ive had here and i am a die hard rangers fan and sth. I wish we could have that here, but it will never happen.
Can u imagine this at MSG?
http://youtu.be/vJOXeclQm1k

Osminator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:35 AM
  #109
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 9,925
vCash: 500
I'm interested in seeing at least two things:

Hagelin's play in front of his countrymen.

MacIlrath handling a larger ice surface.

I'm guessing the Indians will come loaded for bear. Should be fun.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:35 AM
  #110
Hensch
Registered User
 
Hensch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Kelowna, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 416
vCash: 500
JimCerny Jim Cerny
Henrik Lundqvist is wearing an A on his jersey tonight, only #NYR wearing a letter...classy move by Torts


WOW!

Hensch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:37 AM
  #111
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,917
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hensch View Post
JimCerny Jim Cerny
Henrik Lundqvist is wearing an A on his jersey tonight, only #NYR wearing a letter...classy move by Torts


WOW!
Sweet.

Considering we're icing an AHL lineup today, getting a result would really be a feather in the cap of these kids.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:37 AM
  #112
Osminator
Registered User
 
Osminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 4,479
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hensch View Post
JimCerny Jim Cerny
Henrik Lundqvist is wearing an A on his jersey tonight, only #NYR wearing a letter...classy move by Torts


WOW!
Loving it!

Didn't someone further up the thread mention something like Torts hanging Henke out to dry tonight? ... LOL, step away from the window bro

Osminator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:38 AM
  #113
haveandare
Registered User
 
haveandare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 5,810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hensch View Post
JimCerny Jim Cerny
Henrik Lundqvist is wearing an A on his jersey tonight, only #NYR wearing a letter...classy move by Torts


WOW!
I like that a lot. Classy move by the bearded man.

I don't think he's setting Hank up to loose at all - our B teams almost beat the devils and the flyers mostly A teams - they can handle this if they play well.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:40 AM
  #114
haveandare
Registered User
 
haveandare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 5,810
vCash: 500
Apparently, Boyle has an A too. Doesn't make Hank's any less of a gesture to me.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:40 AM
  #115
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,191
vCash: 500
Boyle also has an 'A' on his jersey. Hank and Boyle have the letters.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:40 AM
  #116
Osminator
Registered User
 
Osminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 4,479
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLU Hockey View Post
Sweet.

Considering we're icing an AHL lineup today, getting a result would really be a feather in the cap of these kids.
1 NHL goalie, 6.5 NHL forwards (EC get a 0.5), no true regular NHL D-man (DelZ is the closest to a regular NHLer, Bell 2nd... Finito)

Osminator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:41 AM
  #117
Hensch
Registered User
 
Hensch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Kelowna, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 416
vCash: 500
JimCerny Jim Cerny
Brian Boyle is also wearing an A...still a class act move by #NYR to have Hank wear letter....



MEH... maybe give hank the C for one game if Boyle is wearing an "A"

Hensch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:42 AM
  #118
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,917
vCash: 50
The more I see of Boyle, the more I feel he deserved an A over Richards.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:42 AM
  #119
Osminator
Registered User
 
Osminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 4,479
vCash: 50
Torts could have made a statement by giving Avery the 3rd "A"... but didn't. (yes, 3 "A"s are allowed)...

Osminator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:47 AM
  #120
Wolfy
Registered User
 
Wolfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,214
vCash: 500
Great night for Zuccarello, I believe he's still popular in Sweden. And this place is very close to his native country, I'm sure there will be some Norwegians in the crowd as well.
Go Zuke!

Wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:52 AM
  #121
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 9,925
vCash: 500
.....any streams out there?

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:53 AM
  #122
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
.....any streams out there?
check the OP

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:55 AM
  #123
Hanke
Tortsless Rangers
 
Hanke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,185
vCash: 500
As there showing hockey night live. My cousins good friend was in the FD team and scored 2 goals against Lundqvist during the shootout. He had number 5 on his helmet. He had a tryout for the Colorado Avalanche in 2006, but didnt make it, he figured he wasnt going to make it so he didnt go

Hanke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:57 AM
  #124
Net Front Presence
Harvester of Sorrow
 
Net Front Presence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 5,916
vCash: 12500
Unfortunately I have to watch the game an hour later on my DVR because of class. There's no way in hell I'm doing this for next Friday's game though.

Net Front Presence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:59 AM
  #125
SauceCheese91
Registered User
 
SauceCheese91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 309
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLU Hockey View Post
The more I see of Boyle, the more I feel he deserved an A over Richards.
I agree with this for the most part. I just feel that it was really hard not to give Richards an "A", seeing as he is one of the older guys on our team and has been known to provide leadership- on top of the massive contract. I was kind of hoping Boyle of Girardi would get the last A, but I completely understand why Richards got it.

SauceCheese91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:10 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.