HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

PS #5 - 09.30.2011 | New York Rangers @ Frolunda Indians | 1:00 PM - MSG (HD)

Old
09-30-2011, 11:23 AM
Osminator

vCash: 50
NYR is playing Zuccarello/Christensen/Wolski/Prust/Boyle/Rupp/Weise/Mitchell/Avery/Hagelin/Newbury/Bourque

G-Lundqvist/ Stajcer D-Del Zotto/McIlrath/Bickel/Erixon/Parlett/Bell....

Osminator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:25 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

vCash: 500
Well.... Let's not be disappointed if we lose icing that lineup.

RANGERS =
we want cup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:25 AM
beastly115

Ugh. Sucks that they go with the ****** lineup when they finally televise a game.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:26 AM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
Reading about the crowd atmosphere in the NYR vs Sparta Prague thread, it's no secret one of the things transatlantic players appreciate the most going overseas, is the crowd atmosphere.

I will also never, ever, ever understand the mentality of booing your own team, or specifically some player on your own team, which is even worse. You boo because you are disappointed. I'm pretty sure the players on the ice are even more disappointed than you are, they don't need to be informed about that things aren't looking well.

It's counterproductive. You suck out the energy of your own team and get them into negative thoughts, instead of boosting them with positive energy. It's simple psychology. I am 100% positive NYR would have better results, if they had more supportive fans. It's not hard being a supportive supporter when you're winning, it's being supportive when your team is losing. That's when you show true character and in that regard, I must say there are too many spoiled brats in MSG with bad attitude.

In Europe, playing at home is like constantly having an extra player on the ice. In New York, the team is consistently doing better on away ice, because the home fans are schizofrenic (supportive when winning, taunting when the team actually needs them) and like to bully some of their own players.

Let me tell you what happened during a SEL game I was watching recently. The score was 4-0 for the home team. You could barely talk with your friends, because it was so loud. This, a few games into the normal season. The away team quickly scored 2 goals in the 3rd period and the game could've had new life. But it didn't, because the home crowd straight out ignored the two goals scored. They continued chanting, singing and banging drums without even flinching. You barely even noticed there even was a goal on the ice. You couldn't even hear what the announcer said.

And you could see it in the home team, they didn't get nervous, they shrugged it off, because the home crowd shrugged it off. Shortly thereafter, the home team scored 5-2 and sealed the victory. That's how fans treat their team. Always supportive, because that creates a positive spiral.

I'm not saying European fans are better, I'm saying NYR fans should start supporting their team when they really need their support.
I dont agree with everything you say, but I do feel that european fans are more loyal and enthusiastic, but also because they are allowed to be. Whether its soccer or hockey, the idea of supporters sections are awesome. Unfortunately that will never happen here because its all about money and selling out tickets. I am dying for a rangers supporters section for the winter classic....just allocate a few sections to rangers fans and hopefully we all fill up in one section. Ive been to serie A soccer games in italy, there is nothing like it, blows away any experience ive had here and i am a die hard rangers fan and sth. I wish we could have that here, but it will never happen.

Giglio NYR15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:26 AM
NYR Viper

I am VERY excited to see how McIlrath handles the larger ice surface. For people saying his positioning is normally not so good and his skating needs improvement, this game will definitely show the truth.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:27 AM
Osminator

A line of Prust/Newbury/Rupp, Bickel and McIlrath on the back should provide plenty of entertainement hahahahaha

Old
09-30-2011, 11:30 AM
Hanke
Tortsless Rangers

Very fast team out there woof. I think we take this one. Bigger rink will be useful.

Hanke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:33 AM
Osminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giglio NYR15 View Post
I dont agree with everything you say, but I do feel that european fans are more loyal and enthusiastic, but also because they are allowed to be. Whether its soccer or hockey, the idea of supporters sections are awesome. Unfortunately that will never happen here because its all about money and selling out tickets. I am dying for a rangers supporters section for the winter classic....just allocate a few sections to rangers fans and hopefully we all fill up in one section. Ive been to serie A soccer games in italy, there is nothing like it, blows away any experience ive had here and i am a die hard rangers fan and sth. I wish we could have that here, but it will never happen.
Can u imagine this at MSG?
http://youtu.be/vJOXeclQm1k

Old
09-30-2011, 11:35 AM
Pizza

I'm interested in seeing at least two things:

Hagelin's play in front of his countrymen.

MacIlrath handling a larger ice surface.

I'm guessing the Indians will come loaded for bear. Should be fun.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:35 AM
Hensch

JimCerny Jim Cerny
Henrik Lundqvist is wearing an A on his jersey tonight, only #NYR wearing a letter...classy move by Torts

WOW!

Hensch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:37 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hensch View Post
JimCerny Jim Cerny
Henrik Lundqvist is wearing an A on his jersey tonight, only #NYR wearing a letter...classy move by Torts

WOW!
Sweet.

Considering we're icing an AHL lineup today, getting a result would really be a feather in the cap of these kids.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:37 AM
Osminator

Quote:
JimCerny Jim Cerny

WOW!
Loving it!

Didn't someone further up the thread mention something like Torts hanging Henke out to dry tonight? ... LOL, step away from the window bro

Old
09-30-2011, 11:38 AM
haveandare

Quote:
JimCerny Jim Cerny

WOW!
I like that a lot. Classy move by the bearded man.

I don't think he's setting Hank up to loose at all - our B teams almost beat the devils and the flyers mostly A teams - they can handle this if they play well.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:40 AM
haveandare

Apparently, Boyle has an A too. Doesn't make Hank's any less of a gesture to me.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NYR Viper

Boyle also has an 'A' on his jersey. Hank and Boyle have the letters.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Osminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLU Hockey View Post
Sweet.

Considering we're icing an AHL lineup today, getting a result would really be a feather in the cap of these kids.
1 NHL goalie, 6.5 NHL forwards (EC get a 0.5), no true regular NHL D-man (DelZ is the closest to a regular NHLer, Bell 2nd... Finito)

Old
09-30-2011, 11:41 AM
Hensch

JimCerny Jim Cerny
Brian Boyle is also wearing an A...still a class act move by #NYR to have Hank wear letter....

MEH... maybe give hank the C for one game if Boyle is wearing an "A"

Hensch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:42 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

The more I see of Boyle, the more I feel he deserved an A over Richards.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:42 AM
Osminator

Torts could have made a statement by giving Avery the 3rd "A"... but didn't. (yes, 3 "A"s are allowed)...

Old
09-30-2011, 11:47 AM
Wolfy

Great night for Zuccarello, I believe he's still popular in Sweden. And this place is very close to his native country, I'm sure there will be some Norwegians in the crowd as well.
Go Zuke!

Wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:52 AM
Pizza

.....any streams out there?

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:53 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
.....any streams out there?
check the OP

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:55 AM
Hanke
Tortsless Rangers

As there showing hockey night live. My cousins good friend was in the FD team and scored 2 goals against Lundqvist during the shootout. He had number 5 on his helmet. He had a tryout for the Colorado Avalanche in 2006, but didnt make it, he figured he wasnt going to make it so he didnt go

Hanke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:57 AM
Net Front Presence
Harvester of Sorrow

vCash: 12500
Unfortunately I have to watch the game an hour later on my DVR because of class. There's no way in hell I'm doing this for next Friday's game though.

Net Front Presence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:59 AM
SauceCheese91

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLU Hockey View Post
The more I see of Boyle, the more I feel he deserved an A over Richards.
I agree with this for the most part. I just feel that it was really hard not to give Richards an "A", seeing as he is one of the older guys on our team and has been known to provide leadership- on top of the massive contract. I was kind of hoping Boyle of Girardi would get the last A, but I completely understand why Richards got it.

SauceCheese91 is offline   Reply With Quote