HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gionta anxious..

Old
09-30-2011, 12:29 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
If there is anything we can glean from the pre-season is that there are no signs Montreal's scoring problems are a thing of the past and there are no solutions to be found within the organization. I smell a lot of shutouts and 2-1 games coming up.
if there's one thing you should have gleaned is that aside from the Camm-Plek-Cole line for ONE game, none of the others are or will be our regular 2nd, 3rd or 4th line...

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 12:29 PM
izzy75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
chill it's only pre-season

In macabre fashion, I look forward to 2 - 3 months from now when all the Carey Price imitators i.e. Chill, are calling for heads to roll.

This is a piece-o-meal team, with an ambiguous identity, and boring coach.

izzy75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 12:30 PM
Strik_IX
No excuses!

vCash: 1395
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
We have good prospects, but not great prospects escept maybe for Beaulieu.

To have great prospects, you need to draft in the top-ten or draft wisely. Price and Subban are two prime examples of players with superstar potential. A.K., Fischer, Chipchura and Uruqhart are prime examples of failure. We have still to wait before we can really assess Leblanc and Tinordi.
How is he in the same boat as the others you've named? Of course if you compare him with others who got drafted the same year that we missed out on, then he may look like a bust...

He doesn't play as well as his talent should allow, but he is by no means a failure à la Chipchura.

All the AK hate reminds me of Benoit Brunet.

As far as the subject at hand goes, I understand Gionta and TBH I think the rookies got WAY too much space. This team should've been playing with a full roster or close to it for the last 3-4 games, not just 2.

I hope they start gelling at the start of the season or this may get ugly. Hopefully Carey will stop the fires, but he isn't superman.

Strik_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 12:31 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy75 View Post

In macabre fashion, I look forward to 2 - 3 months from now when all the Carey Price imitators i.e. Chill, are calling for heads to roll.

This is a piece-o-meal team, with an ambiguous identity, and boring coach.
come back this season when we have a losing streak you will love the panic on this board.

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 12:32 PM
izzy75

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
if there's one thing you should have gleaned is that aside from the Camm-Plek-Cole line for ONE game,
There are many that are viewing the 2011 pre-season through the lens of recent history. A very average team, that looks better when their goalie is playing out of their minds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
come back this season when we have a losing streak you will love the panic on this board.
2011-2012 is going to be a dark year for this team.

Last edited by Mike8: 09-30-2011 at 12:35 PM. Reason: merge
izzy75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 12:37 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy75 View Post
There are many that are viewing the 2011 pre-season through the lens of recent history. A very average team, that looks better when their goalie is playing out of their minds.

2011-2012 is going to be a dark year for this team.
Yup, and I suggest they read the post you quoted...

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 12:43 PM
Canadian_Brewtality

practice? we talking about practice?

I think this is why pre-season games were never televised before. People putting way to much stock into these games.

It will take time, and we still have 6 days before it get`s serious.

We can panick when we are 10 points out of 8th with 20 games left. Not when we get shut out in preseason.

zzzzzzzz

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 12:59 PM
Rutabaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
When this team will lost its 3 or 4 first season games, because they are not ready, you will sing another song.
Teams like Washington, New Jersey or Vancouver are also looking for some wins in pre-season games.

Should they write off any hope for their season, just like us ?

We are talking about games where Woywitka or Willsie are playing around 16-18 mins per game, where Desharnais is tested in a new role, where a guy like Gallagher is paired with several players to see what he can do, etc, all kind of scenarios, something that cant happen when the season will start.

The only "problem" we have (and if its a problem now, its going to be an asset later), is the massive number of options we have for the bottom-pairing on D, with 5 potential players.
I like the competition within the team, but they obviously cant have the players to be really ready to play with their teammates with so many combinations available.
They're going to need some time to adjust, but after a while, it should be ok.

Rutabaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 01:05 PM
furry hats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutabaga View Post
Teams like Washington, New Jersey or Vancouver are also looking for some wins in pre-season games.

Should they write off any hope for their season, just like us ?
Some of us are judging this pre-season by what we've seen the past few years. A team that has trouble scoring (though they're touted as an offensive, speedy team) and gets pushed/bullied by the larger teams.

With Markov's injury, the loss of Kirk, and, oh dear Lord, a horrible back-up, this team is going to tank. Which might not be a bad thing. Many of us are sick of the leadership anyway.

furry hats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 01:18 PM
Strik_IX
No excuses!

vCash: 1395
Quote:
Originally Posted by furry hats View Post
Some of us are judging this pre-season by what we've seen the past few years. A team that has trouble scoring (though they're touted as an offensive, speedy team) and gets pushed/bullied by the larger teams.

With Markov's injury, the loss of Kirk, and, oh dear Lord, a horrible back-up, this team is going to tank. Which might not be a bad thing. Many of us are sick of the leadership anyway.
We lost 6-7 pre-season games time to blow up the team and rebuild...

In Cammalleri we have the top PPG player in the POs over the past 2 years.

In Price we have a Vezina candidate

In Subban we have a defenseman with the potential to become the next superstar.

And that's just the icing, this team has a solid core that has known adversity and gotten through it like Rocky ****ing Balboa.

While I respect people's opinion, bipolar fans and/or negative fans ruin it for me. There hasn't been a single game played and some of you think it's time to tank?

We havent played with a full roster at all, have been trying things with various players at the exact time when it's OK to do so.

How about we all take a deep breath and see what happens when the real puck drops.

nuf' said.

Strik_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 01:30 PM
neofury*

Quote:

Just like Price bounced back from a terrible preseason so can Budaj.

Just like other years teams had bad preseason and a good season so can we...

If you're actually trying to justify flipping out over a couple preseason losses you're crazy and as much a reactionary fan as the next person.

Plus most of these so-called fans can't even form an original thought they just bandwagon on any hate that is available to them. It's easier to blindly hate and bash rather than thinking about something and forming a proper opinion.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 01:32 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:

The habs are touted as an offensive team? You do know who our coach is, right?

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 01:33 PM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
this thread is bookmarked.

CareyClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 01:42 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
if there's one thing you should have gleaned is that aside from the Camm-Plek-Cole line for ONE game, none of the others are or will be our regular 2nd, 3rd or 4th line...
So, the competition was dressing full lineups against us, eh?

Split squad against split squad we continued the patterns of the past. That's a sign the past might continue into the future but who knows maybe an offensive juggernaut will emerge from nothing and your explanation/excuse will come to have relevance.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 01:55 PM
Teufelsdreck

Call me a cynic, but dressing all those spare parts had one advantage (besides the slim hope of finding a gem who might make the roster for the start of this season): The less the veterans were used, the smaller the chance they'd be injured. I did get a scare when Gorges got tangled with an opponent.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 01:55 PM
PunkinDrublic*

It's so strange how these posters come out of the wood works during periods of losses. Where were you guys before game 7 against the Bruins last year ?

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 02:07 PM
Bieber fever

Without markov this team is weak...

Subban is the only one who can create offense against rival's top line

Bieber fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 02:11 PM
groovejuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieber fever View Post
Subban is the only one who can create offense against rival's top line
I think that's yet to be established

groovejuice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 02:29 PM
PricePkPatch

People, it's the time to get notes.

Let's see who are fair-weather fans who will jump back on the bandwagon when we'll have a winning streak

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 03:21 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
People, it's the time to get notes.

Let's see who are fair-weather fans who will jump back on the bandwagon when we'll have a winning streak
I think we have eclipsed the leaf fans, for being the most bi-polar fan base on these boards...it's unfortunate.

Everyone, remember what Carey said last year, just chill, relax, it's pre season...

BLONG7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 03:29 PM
habitue*

Who's the D-Men coach ? Pearn or Randy L. ?

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 04:22 PM
le_sean

Quote:
there was more or less 60 players... do you expect them to all be NHL material and ready ?

seriously...
Well there were undrafted free agents on the team instead of promising 2nd rounders.

I don't expect NHL material, I expect NHL potential, which a lot of those guys did not have.

le_sean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 04:26 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

I'd be anxious if I were the Captain of this team and playing like absolute garbage every single game. If someone on the team said he's injured, I'd excuse it, but he has been atrocious with turnovers and bad passes. He's got the Gomer bug. Hopefully he shrugs it off by season start.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote