HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 Official Training Camp/Rookie Camp/Preseason Thread V2.0

Old
09-30-2011, 12:52 PM
Locks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I also thought that Bournival looked very good. I posted a few times yesterday, no one picked it up, everyone was to busy whinning about pre-season losses.

Bournival imo looks to be physically mature and the speed of the game doesn't seem to be a problem. He has pretty good offensive instincts for a 3rd line type of player and had he been playing with better played last night he could have picked up a couple of points in the limited time he played.

He played two games and has looked extremely smart on the ice. He impresses me because he knows where to go on the ice and how to make himself open.

I really think Gauthier made a hell of a trade flipping O'byrne for him.
Agree. While Galagher is more of a pure offensive player with higher offensive upside, Bournival plays a complete game and to me he is closer to the NHL because of his skating, strength and solid all around game. He showed great smarts on both sides of the puck. Would be interesting to see him get a game with good players tomorrow.

Locks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 01:06 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
MAGodin Marc Antoine Godin
Les duos en défense: Gill-Subban, Diaz-Spacek, Campoli-Gorges et Emelin-Woywitka. Sérieux, sans Markov, cette défense-là est très ordinaire!

ArponBasu Arpon Basu
Diaz remains on the right side of Spacek on #Habs defence, and Yemelin is still with Woywitka. Interpret away...
It should be EXTRordinary once Markov is back.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 01:14 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
Les duos en défense: Gill-Subban, Diaz-Spacek, Campoli-Gorges et Emelin-Woywitka. Sérieux, sans Markov, cette défense-là est très ordinaire!

ArponBasu Arpon Basu
Diaz remains on the right side of Spacek on #Habs defence, and Yemelin is still with Woywitka. Interpret away...
Gill-Subban
Campoli-Gorges
Yemelin-Spacek

better than last year when we almost beat Boston in 7

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 01:40 PM
habsrock76

I know he never looks good but has anyone else noticed how especially brutal Gill looks so far, I really hope he's used as the 7th d-man this year.

habsrock76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 01:50 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
is he implying Gallagher sent home? or that Eller plays next game?
I think it has to be an implication that Gallagher will be sent home. Looks like a spare parts line, with the recovering Eller, and Gallagher on his off wing.

Quote:
I had assumed that Diaz would be starting in Hamilton, but it seems like he's getting a serious look...

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrock76 View Post
I know he never looks good but has anyone else noticed how especially brutal Gill looks so far, I really hope he's used as the 7th d-man this year.
For an established vet like Gill, training camp isn't about performance, it's about preparation. IMO, Emelin, Woywitka, Diaz and Weber have to prove themselves in pre-season. The rest don't.

Last edited by Mike8: 09-30-2011 at 01:51 PM. Reason: merge
Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 01:51 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locks View Post
Agree. While Galagher is more of a pure offensive player with higher offensive upside, Bournival plays a complete game and to me he is closer to the NHL because of his skating, strength and solid all around game. He showed great smarts on both sides of the puck. Would be interesting to see him get a game with good players tomorrow.
I saw Bournival play a game for the Cats before camp and was very impressed, he's got smarts to go with a good work ethic and physical tools.

Can not wait till a year from now, what a incoming class it's shaping up to be in Hamilton.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 02:00 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I saw Bournival play a game for the Cats before camp and was very impressed, he's got smarts to go with a good work ethic and physical tools.

Can not wait till a year from now, what a incoming class it's shaping up to be in Hamilton.
I really do feel he has the tools to play in the nhl right now in a 3rd-4th line role. His hockey IQ is pretty high for a player his age and given that he's projected to be a 3rd liner. I think he's physically mature and can read the game at an nhl level. He was the best player on his line yesterday as well as the game before.

I would give him a shot on the team. Good two-way play and great attitude. How do you feel Montreal?

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 02:02 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrock76 View Post
It's like that every year and by year end he is a very nice asset to have.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 02:06 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
I really do feel he has the tools to play in the nhl right now in a 3rd-4th line role. His hockey IQ is pretty high for a player his age and given that he's projected to be a 3rd liner. I think he's physically mature and can read the game at an nhl level. He was the best player on his line yesterday as well as the game before.

I would give him a shot on the team. Good two-way play and great attitude. How do you feel Montreal?
no, I really hate seeing junior aged kids in the NHL unless they have unreal talent. There's no way I would have Bournival play in the NHL or Gallagher for that matter.

I do agree I think he has the physical tools to play in the NHL right now on a bottom line but i would want to see him go back to the Cats and continue to work on his offensive game, hopefully go to the WJC's and then go to the Memorial Cup.

Old
09-30-2011, 02:06 PM
Dripper

vCash: 172
Bournival, Gallagher and Nattinen are sent down, according to Renaud Lavoie's twitter.

Dripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 02:10 PM
pine*

Confirmed everywhere including Canadiens press release

pine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 02:13 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
no, I really hate seeing junior aged kids in the NHL unless they have unreal talent. There's no way I would have Bournival play in the NHL or Gallagher for that matter.

I do agree I think he has the physical tools to play in the NHL right now on a bottom line but i would want to see him go back to the Cats and continue to work on his offensive game, hopefully go to the WJC's and then go to the Memorial Cup.
I know what you mean.

I just really the tools Bournival has. He's a sure fire nhl player imo. How high is his potential? That's the question.

I really think the O'byrne for Bournival move is underrated.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 02:19 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
I know what you mean.

I just really the tools Bournival has. He's a sure fire nhl player imo. How high is his potential? That's the question.

I really think the O'byrne for Bournival move is underrated.
I like the tools Bournival has as well, he does appear to be a sure fire NHLer in time since he's got smarts, physical tools and skills. I think his upside is a 2nd liner but the question is will his offensive game translate, it's way to early to tell yet but he's got a good chance of at least being a solid 3rd liner in the NHL based off what i've seen so far. Again though for a 19 year old he'll have a few years to put it all together before we really see what kind of player we got for O'B.

Old
09-30-2011, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dripper View Post
Bournival, Gallagher and Nattinen are sent down, according to Renaud Lavoie's twitter.
Guess that means Nattinen is healthy...too bad we didn't get a look at him in camp.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 06:25 PM
GordonGraham

down to how many at camp 32?

GordonGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 06:48 PM
Schwang

Mcfadden

Where is this guy? I can't find any info on him? I know he was hurt, but I thought he was back. I can't find him on the bulldogs site either

Schwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 06:48 PM
Canadian_Brewtality

he was released

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 06:57 PM
Schwang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
he was released
I don't agree with that. Unless he really sucked at camp. I hope we didn't let a good one go!

Schwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 07:12 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwang View Post
I don't agree with that. Unless he really sucked at camp. I hope we didn't let a good one go!
It's not like we ever "had" him to begin with. He was an invited undrafted try-out. We had 6 try-outs at camp in him, Brodeur, DeSimone, Dame-Malka, Winnett, and DeHart. We gave contracts to one forward and one d-man out of the 6. They chose Dame-Malka over McFadden, which based on what I saw, seems like the right choice.

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 07:14 PM
HomaridII

Jarred Tinordi nommé capitaine des Knights de London... Jarred Tinordi is the new captain in London.

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 07:25 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwang View Post
Where is this guy? I can't find any info on him? I know he was hurt, but I thought he was back. I can't find him on the bulldogs site either
He was mentioned in the Bulldogs pre-game notes today, I think he is still at the Bulldogs "camp" for now.

Edit: He is even playing tonight in the pre-season game in Victoriaville.

Habs Prospects website

Last edited by habsprospects: 09-30-2011 at 07:56 PM.
habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 07:28 PM
Lars The GOAT Eller
PSN: WildGranlund

Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
Quote:
Jarred Tinordi nommé capitaine des Knights de London... Jarred Tinordi is the new captain in London.
Wow, after just a year.. Hope he has a solid year.

Lars The GOAT Eller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 08:20 PM
Bullsmith

Quote:
His stock rising in my book. Very good camp, all in all.

Patience is the key with all our best prospects at this point. There's a big gap between the low-upside guys like Palushaj, Enqvist and Nash (and I like Nash) and our younger prospects. The younger prospects are miles better and miles away from the Habs. Not one of Gallagher, Beaulieu,Bournival,Kristo,Tinordi,Bennett,Ellis, (off the top of my head) should be playing in the AHL right now, much less the NHL.

Yemelin has a legitimate shot to be a valuable NHL player this year. Diaz is intriguing but let's face it, can this guy play in his own zone against Boston? This year? Dumont and Leblanc might be close to making the NHL, but far more probably not. Neither is close to making a major impact in it.

My major takeaway from camp this year is that the current wave of Habs youth has basically already arrived. The next crop is increasingly promising, but far from ripe.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 10:32 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
This is great, this kid with confidence is a scary thing. I really am excited for the day when he's a regular. He'll be one of those players that fans would complain if we didn't have him. He's going to be a beast!

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 10:57 PM
Marchy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
This is great, this kid with confidence is a scary thing. I really am excited for the day when he's a regular. He'll be one of those players that fans would complain if we didn't have him. He's going to be a beast!
YUP I was happy we drafted him, and reserved my faith in him for a few years (he's so big, his best hockey is CLEARLY a few years ahead of him)

I guess I am getting older, His father (I clearly remember Mark Tinordi) was simply awesome. Probably one of the best shut down d's of the early 90's, and Canada Cup material.

Without a doubt, Jarred is a prospect I am rooting for. He's gonna take some time, but when he arrives, he'll be well worth the wait.

Marchy79 is offline   Reply With Quote