Notices

CBC Article - Invalid Tickets Being Sold On StubHub

Old
09-30-2011, 10:50 AM
Optik

vCash: 500
CBC Article - Invalid Tickets Being Sold On StubHub

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manito...s-tickets.html

Looks like fake tickets have already started showing up for the Jets. Sorta sucks to see this happen, I have used secondary markets to buy tickets to many games in the past, never had a problem.

Optik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:09 AM
Ziggy66

vCash: 50
That is brutal. i was actually looking at stubhub for a game in November. Scratch that idea. I would hate to drive to winnipeg just to find out the tickets are invalid and go home with a 100 gas bill lol.

Ziggy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:53 AM
MTB JET*

I might have bought tickets to a game through stub hub... haha

I guess it's worth the risk, I've bought tickets on the site many times before for NFL football games and MLB games and have NEVER had a problem. I wonder if there will be a way to verify the authenticity at a ticketmaster location when the tickets are recieved just to make sure you aren't dissapointed before game time.

I'll take the risk, I really wanted to go to this one game! Plus stubhub garuantees their tickets, so even if at worst case you don't get in you'll at the least get your money back...

MTB JET* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 12:33 PM
cbcwpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by 204Jets View Post
I might have bought tickets to a game through stub hub... haha

I guess it's worth the risk, I've bought tickets on the site many times before for NFL football games and MLB games and have NEVER had a problem. I wonder if there will be a way to verify the authenticity at a ticketmaster location when the tickets are recieved just to make sure you aren't dissapointed before game time.

I'll take the risk, I really wanted to go to this one game! Plus stubhub garuantees their tickets, so even if at worst case you don't get in you'll at the least get your money back...
Not really the point. Sure you get the cost of the tickets back, but not all your other costs.

I went to a baseball game in the Twin Cities in the summer. So imagine how PO'ed I would be after driving to Minneapolis from Winnipeg, paying for gas / food / hotel / etc. and then findout when I get to the game, that I can't get in because some ******* sold mutiple copies of the same ticket. Getting my money back for the tickets is irrelivent at that point.

It take nothing for me to take $500 off you for the home opener, then spend a couple of bucks reprinting my tickets, and doing this over and over again, hence invalidating all other tickets except the last set I print out.

The Jets can track the original owner of every ticket, and they should be going after these people, but they probably have more important things to worry about right now. Sorry, just me, but I buy from legit services, or not at all. That's why TNSE has to get their ticketexchange working. Get 'er done boys.

cbcwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 12:41 PM
KingSalamon

I sold a preseason ticket to someone on kijiji and now I'm to find out if he went to the game or if he was a scalper. I gave the guy a physical ticket so we'll see. He was also interested in several tickets during the season, so he may be a good buyer. Last thing I want to do is sell to a scalper.

KingSalamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 12:53 PM
cbcwpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSalamon View Post
I sold a preseason ticket to someone on kijiji and now I'm to find out if he went to the game or if he was a scalper. I gave the guy a physical ticket so we'll see. He was also interested in several tickets during the season, so he may be a good buyer. Last thing I want to do is sell to a scalper.
Gotta be careful who you sell to. As the account holder you are responsible for that ticket. If you sell to someone at face value, and that person turns around and sells for more than face value and gets caught ( say trying to sell that ticket on TNSE property ), its you the account holder that is going to get punished. That ticket is in your name.

I had 4 seats this year. I sold 2 complete seats and 1/2 of the other 2 seats, BUT I sold them to family members. They mess up and I lose my ticket privleges, well, let's just say I know where they live.

Old
09-30-2011, 12:56 PM
Ryan Giggs

I bought 2 pair of tickets to the Columbus game at face value on Stub hub (plus Stub-hub's mark up (processing fee)) and a shipping charge.

Seats were fine and fees (though annoying) weren't that bad... i would use them again.

I'd like to know if this was a one-off type of situation, or if there are a string of people pulling this crap.

The answer is simple... ask the person whose name is linked to that season ticket to explain why this happened and if they can not, then cancel the ticket for this season without refund... add it to the pool of seats available for purchase each month and then sell the seat(s) as an additional season ticket next season.

Fear of having this action being taken will curtail those people who would think of pulling this type of crap.

Ryan Giggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 01:05 PM
Ryan Giggs

Why the people who own those seats (and they are clearly season ticket holders) are not called out for double selling their seats is beyond me.

True North CAN NOT turn a blind eye to this type of blatant violation of the STH agreement.

Ryan Giggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 01:10 PM
Le Golie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSalamon View Post
Was it for the Columbus game? Were your seats in the 200's? My buddy bought a pair on kijiji and he said he picked them up at the sellers house and asked the guy to keep him in mind if he has any other tickets this year.

Le Golie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 01:11 PM
cbcwpg

Not sure if this is related to the CBC reported story, but it's nice to see someone getting caught.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/loc...130863688.html

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2011/09/3...audster-busted

Old
09-30-2011, 01:11 PM
Le Golie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Giggs View Post
Why the people who own those seats (and they are clearly season ticket holders) are not called out for double selling their seats is beyond me.

True North CAN NOT turn a blind eye to this type of blatant violation of the STH agreement.
I'm sure TNSE will do something about it. It'll be very easy to track this dummy down. I hope he loses his tickets to make $100 on a preseason game.

Old
09-30-2011, 01:14 PM
MTB JET*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcwpg View Post
Not really the point. Sure you get the cost of the tickets back, but not all your other costs.

I went to a baseball game in the Twin Cities in the summer. So imagine how PO'ed I would be after driving to Minneapolis from Winnipeg, paying for gas / food / hotel / etc. and then findout when I get to the game, that I can't get in because some ******* sold mutiple copies of the same ticket. Getting my money back for the tickets is irrelivent at that point.
I've gone to about a dozen high demand/sold out sporting events in the U.S., in various place. Every single time, I have used stub hub and have never had an issue getting into the event. I'm gonna go ahead and take the risk.

Old
09-30-2011, 01:14 PM
Le Golie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcwpg View Post
Not sure if this is related to the CBC reported story, but it's nice to see someone getting caught.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/loc...130863688.html
Wouldn't surprise me at all if this was the seller involved in the CBC story. If the real season ticket holder didn't get his tickets he would have got them reprinted and his first ones would have been invalid.

Seriously, how dumb are these criminals? It's so easy to find out who is behind this stuff. Brutal.

Old
09-30-2011, 01:16 PM
Le Golie

Quote:
I've gone to about a dozen high demand/sold out sporting events in the U.S., in various place. Every single time, I have never had an issue getting into the event. I'm gonna go ahead and take the risk.
Same here. Sure there is a risk buying from stubhub but the FanProtect system sure mitigates it. At least you know your only risk is getting into the event, your money is safe.

Plus it would take a pretty elaborate fraud scheme to not get caught very easily. Sellers on StubHub have to pretty much give up their entire identity and credit card information before they can even advertise tickets.

Old
09-30-2011, 01:20 PM
Tom ServoMST3K
HF anti-tank squad

the MTS centre has 12 rows in the top sections, anything over row 12 is probably a scam

Tom ServoMST3K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 01:25 PM
KingSalamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Golie View Post
Was it for the Columbus game? Were your seats in the 200's? My buddy bought a pair on kijiji and he said he picked them up at the sellers house and asked the guy to keep him in mind if he has any other tickets this year.
nope... I'm in the upper bowl. I wonder if my regular STH neighbours will be there tonight. Going to be fun!

KingSalamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 01:40 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom ServoMST3K View Post
the MTS centre has 12 rows in the top sections, anything over row 12 is probably a scam
I think you mean it IS a scam

wpgsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 01:43 PM
MTB JET*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgsilver View Post
I think you mean it IS a scam
Or perhaps the season ticket holder doesn't want to be identified by TNSE?

Old
09-30-2011, 02:29 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 527
Quote:
Or perhaps the season ticket holder doesn't want to be identified by TNSE?
Perhas, I would assume they would refrain from posting any row. And not a non-existant row.

wpgsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 03:28 PM
averyrule

Weird. I've used stubhub for every single game I went to last season and never had a problem with them.

averyrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 04:01 PM
Guardian17
Strong & Free

I've used Stubhub before and never had a problem.

Guardian17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 04:07 PM
Realm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom ServoMST3K View Post
Depends on what you mean by a scam. You can be UPGRADED to better seats so people do that because they dont want everyone to know what row it actually is. If you actually didnt have tickets and were trying to scam someone they would post better seats than 326 row 14 to try and sell them. Just saying.

Also Stubhub requires the SELLER to put down a credit card to protect the buyers, that money returned to the buyer of the fake tickets will be charged for those so they really are stupid.

Realm is offline   Reply With Quote