HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 Cam Fowler Discussion (Corsi Ratings Fail)

Old
09-28-2011, 09:37 PM
Mooseduck

vCash: 500
Fowler's goal tonight isn't going to hurt his terrible rating is it?
oh noes.

Mooseduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 01:05 PM
tmntdonjuan

Has Cam Fowler put on significant muscle? I remember he was under 180 last year but the roster page on the Ducks website has him listed at 195. Heck this updated training camp roster has him listed at 205!
http://ducks.nhl.com/v2/ext/2011TrainingCampRoster.pdf

tmntdonjuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 01:15 PM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntdonjuan View Post
Has Cam Fowler put on significant muscle? I remember he was under 180 last year but the roster page on the Ducks website has him listed at 195. Heck this updated training camp roster has him listed at 205!
Wow didn`t notice actually. But it`s nothing unbelievable if you take a look at his age. He`s just more matured.

Kalvinators is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 01:20 PM
Jesus Teemu

vCash: 50
Good to hear. Definitely looked bigger the other night.

Getzy also lost weight since last year.

Jesus Teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 01:52 PM
Sirquacksalot
Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazy View Post
Good to hear. Definitely looked bigger the other night.

Getzy also lost weight since last year.
Sshhhh. Don't let the other fans hear, they'll make fun of him for being bald and fat.

Sirquacksalot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 04:19 PM
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim

vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntdonjuan View Post
I don't buy it lol, 195 sure. 205? nah

Can't wait to see this kid in his next year

ShadowDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 04:37 PM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

I would believe close to 200. You have to think that the 185 was BEFORE last season so in a year of weightlifting at a professional athlete level he can easily gain 15 pounds of lean muscle mass.

I'm aware that they dont do much lifting during the season but still even in 4 months of lifting you can do it.

I'm a little worried that the Ducks trainers are pushing too much for Sbisa and Fowler to get bigger. Last year I felt like Sbisa had lost some speed and quickness BUT he was crushing people with his new size so it didnt bother me. Cam lives and dies on his speed and quickness so I just hope he is keeping up with that instead of just bulking up.

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 05:28 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post
I would believe close to 200. You have to think that the 185 was BEFORE last season so in a year of weightlifting at a professional athlete level he can easily gain 15 pounds of lean muscle mass.

I'm aware that they dont do much lifting during the season but still even in 4 months of lifting you can do it.

I'm a little worried that the Ducks trainers are pushing too much for Sbisa and Fowler to get bigger. Last year I felt like Sbisa had lost some speed and quickness BUT he was crushing people with his new size so it didnt bother me. Cam lives and dies on his speed and quickness so I just hope he is keeping up with that instead of just bulking up.
Players usually drop a bit of weight during the regular season, but you're absolutely right about the off-season. Putting in the right effort will add weight pretty quickly. This especially true for a 19-year old who is still physically maturing like Fowler.

I wouldn't sweat the additional weight for Fowler. Training these days for NHL players is far, far more than going to the weight room. They train specifically for explosiveness, balance, and strength for hockey games. You'd probably be pretty surprised at some of the exercises they do along those lines.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 05:34 PM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Players usually drop a bit of weight during the regular season, but you're absolutely right about the off-season. Putting in the right effort will add weight pretty quickly. This especially true for a 19-year old who is still physically maturing like Fowler.

I wouldn't sweat the additional weight for Fowler. Training these days for NHL players is far, far more than going to the weight room. They train specifically for explosiveness, balance, and strength for hockey games. You'd probably be pretty surprised at some of the exercises they do along those lines.
Oh im not ignorant to the fact that the trainers know a hell of alot more then I do about that field but it just seemed to me that he was a step slower in all the races and such during training camp. And I remember from last year that after bulking up Sbisa still has not regained that step.

Oh well, I just hope that Fowler USES the body that he is developing. IMO, he either needs to stay fast and quick and not have to use his body but if he slows down he is gonna have to change his style in the defensive end.

Old
09-30-2011, 05:42 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Oh im not ignorant to the fact that the trainers know a hell of alot more then I do about that field but it just seemed to me that he was a step slower in all the races and such during training camp. And I remember from last year that after bulking up Sbisa still has not regained that step.

Oh well, I just hope that Fowler USES the body that he is developing. IMO, he either needs to stay fast and quick and not have to use his body but if he slows down he is gonna have to change his style in the defensive end.
I really haven't noticed less jump in Fowler's step, though I did of Sbisa last season. It makes me wonder if Sbisa just tried too hard to be a bigger hitter. There's no doubt he goes out of his way to go for hits. In my opinion that's one of his problems. There's a time and a place for the big hit, and Sbisa takes himself out of position at times to do it.

Old
09-30-2011, 07:01 PM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
I really haven't noticed less jump in Fowler's step, though I did of Sbisa last season. It makes me wonder if Sbisa just tried too hard to be a bigger hitter. There's no doubt he goes out of his way to go for hits. In my opinion that's one of his problems. There's a time and a place for the big hit, and Sbisa takes himself out of position at times to do it.
Ya its not as obvious as Sbisa's was last season but FOwler was being beat on almost all of the races that I saw to mcmillan blake and 1 other person who I cat remember but I do remember thinkign to myself "wow he isnt that fast how did cam loose".

Your also spot on about Sbisa sacrificing position for hits, but on this team with how muh physicality we have lost over the last few years I'm willing to let that go most of the time.

Old
09-30-2011, 07:45 PM
Paul4587

Fowler if anything looks quicker this year than last. I wouldn't worry about the weight gain, as long as he's not going overboard on his upper body like Sbisa appeared to last year it shouldn't affect his skating.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 07:58 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Ya its not as obvious as Sbisa's was last season but FOwler was being beat on almost all of the races that I saw to mcmillan blake and 1 other person who I cat remember but I do remember thinkign to myself "wow he isnt that fast how did cam loose".

Your also spot on about Sbisa sacrificing position for hits, but on this team with how muh physicality we have lost over the last few years I'm willing to let that go most of the time.
Sometimes winning a race to the puck isn't about who the fastest player is, but which player has the momentum going their way. Even Niedermayer lost races to the puck at time because the opposing player had the momentum and Niedermayer had to play catch up.

Old
09-30-2011, 08:37 PM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

I'm not worried about it I was just thinking it might be something that could cause the dreaded sophomore slump.

Old
09-30-2011, 09:02 PM
Vinegar Strokes
Grumkin

Fowler's game also doesn't, "Live or die" on his speed and explosiveness. His best attribute, is his mind, by far. That said, I don't think he looks any slower this year, maybe he just wasn't quite up to speed during TC and it's not like Blake or McMillan are slow either.

Vinegar Strokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 09:16 PM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fever Dreams View Post
Fowler's game also doesn't, "Live or die" on his speed and explosiveness. His best attribute, is his mind, by far. That said, I don't think he looks any slower this year, maybe he just wasn't quite up to speed during TC and it's not like Blake or McMillan are slow either.
I guess live or die is exaggerated but his most daunting physical attribute is his speed.

I guess I'm imagining the loss in speed haha. He has looked very good in pre season so far and I just hope he and beauch can keep itnup till Lydman gets back.

Old
09-30-2011, 09:20 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

I hope he can keep it up all year.

Old
09-30-2011, 09:37 PM
Vinegar Strokes
Grumkin

Quote:
I guess live or die is exaggerated but his most daunting physical attribute is his speed.

I guess I'm imagining the loss in speed haha. He has looked very good in pre season so far and I just hope he and beauch can keep itnup till Lydman gets back.
I don't know about imagined, like I said, maybe he just wasn't quite up to speed. He's looked great, but it's still preseason. Hopefully we're all in for a treat this year, and he has a Doughty type sophmore season.

Vinegar Strokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 12:54 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Surely his ELC can pay for a haircut?

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 01:03 PM
alx83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post

Surely his ELC can pay for a haircut?
Well, while you're busy dissing his hair...

#NotGayButWillingToLearn

alx83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 02:50 PM
Elvs

Fowler is going for the old Perry haircut.

Elvs is offline   Reply With Quote