HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Kyle Okposo

Old
09-29-2011, 08:18 PM
Balls Mahoney
Fair and Balanced

vCash: 500
Kyle Okposo

Hate to be irritating but could you guys give me some updates on Okposo? I remember I was quite excited about him as a potential power forward with great hands when he came up with the Isles but his injury plagued season last year kind of took him off the radar. I'm wondering how he looks and what his future is with the team?

Last edited by Homeland Security: 09-29-2011 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Added prefix.
Balls Mahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 08:27 PM
redbull
Expect more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
Hate to be irritating but could you guys give me some updates on Okposo? I remember I was quite excited about him as a potential power forward with great hands when he came up with the Isles but his injury plagued season last year kind of took him off the radar. I'm wondering how he looks and what his future is with the team?
what exactly are you looking for? statistical projections for this season?

Okposo's a core player for this team, a leader, he'll probably play with Nielsen and Grabner to start the season, he'll see a lot of PP time, PK time - he signed a 5 year contract so he's here for a while.

He delivers more than the numbers indicate, similar to Ryan Callahan for the NYR but I believe KO's got more upside offensively.

This is the first year that he's healthy, will be playing with good linemates and won't be the ONLY offensive player on the team. He's primed to have a breakout year if he can stay healthy.

I'm hoping for a 25 goal year, 55-60 points. I think he's certainly capable but even if he doesn't score that many, he'll still be an important player.

redbull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 08:27 PM
islesfan3991

Send a message via Yahoo to islesfan3991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
Well he's defiantly in the future plans with the Isles. They signed him to a 5 year deal this offseason. He'll probably play on the second line this season with Nielsen and Grabner. Him and Grabs looked good in a game a few days ago when Okposo scored on a pass from Grabner. I think he's looked very good. I expect a big year from him this season. I say it will be the best he's had so far.

islesfan3991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 09:05 PM
IslesBeBack*
NHL Free Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
what exactly are you looking for? statistical projections for this season?

Okposo's a core player for this team, a leader, he'll probably play with Nielsen and Grabner to start the season, he'll see a lot of PP time, PK time - he signed a 5 year contract so he's here for a while.

He delivers more than the numbers indicate, similar to Ryan Callahan for the NYR but I believe KO's got more upside offensively.

This is the first year that he's healthy, will be playing with good linemates and won't be the ONLY offensive player on the team. He's primed to have a breakout year if he can stay healthy.

I'm hoping for a 25 goal year, 55-60 points. I think he's certainly capable but even if he doesn't score that many, he'll still be an important player.
You only believe he has more offensive capability lol? Okposo is an emerging star. He obviously had the shoulder injury last year, but I would look for him to take off right where he stopped at during his first full season.

I'll say PP time, playing on what may be a potentially great line with Neilsen and Grabner, I can see 50+ points this season.

IslesBeBack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 10:12 PM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 234
There should be an "Official how is this player doing because I'm interested in him for fantasy team" thread haha.

I can see (and hope) this is Okposo's break out season.. Being 100% healthy and playing on a line with grabs and Nielsen are going to be huge for his offensive output.

Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 10:15 PM
TennesseeJedd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnpike Terrors View Post
There should be an "Official how is this player doing because I'm interested in him for fantasy team" thread haha. I can see (and hope) this is Okposo's break out season.. Being 100% healthy and playing on a line with grabs and Nielsen are going to be huge for his offensive output.
Agreed, there is a whole freaking section on the board for that crap.

TennesseeJedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 10:29 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
#beLIeve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnpike Terrors View Post
There should be an "Official how is this player doing because I'm interested in him for fantasy team" thread haha.

I can see (and hope) this is Okposo's break out season.. Being 100% healthy and playing on a line with grabs and Nielsen are going to be huge for his offensive output.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeJedd View Post
Agreed, there is a whole freaking section on the board for that crap.
If people would use the FANTASY prefix, people could avoid threads like this if they wanted too.

Last edited by Homeland Security: 09-29-2011 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Fixed sentence.
Homeland Security is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 05:39 PM
tomcat13

Who effing cares if it's fantasy related or not? It's still hockey related.

tomcat13 is offline   Reply With Quote