vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ducksfan2035
this sucks!

Old
10-24-2003, 07:59 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

Can't play well for only one period and win.
We won the second they won the first and third...thats game.
atleast Joffrey got his first goal.

Gerber in net on Sunday I hope.

Carney where are you???

Old
10-24-2003, 08:09 PM
Ducksfan2035

you actualy think lupul cares right now that he got a goal?...i guarentee you babs is mouthing off at the team right now and ruining his moment..im sure hed be happier to win along wit scoring the goal...u dont give up 4 goals in a period and lose to a team ur supposed to beat...i can see it now,babs is going nuts in the locker room...

Old
10-24-2003, 08:25 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksfan2035
you actualy think lupul cares right now that he got a goal?...i guarentee you babs is mouthing off at the team right now and ruining his moment..im sure hed be happier to win along wit scoring the goal...u dont give up 4 goals in a period and lose to a team ur supposed to beat...i can see it now,babs is going nuts in the locker room...
No I don't think Lupul cares much about the first goal right now...but its important that he got it out of the way...

I agree Babcock better have yelled at the guys after this one!

and Gerber better be in net Sunday!!!

Old
10-24-2003, 08:37 PM
Ducksfan2035

yeah i agree,lupul must feel relieved and happy he got a goal but disspointed they got the loss and hopefully he'll become more confident after scoring the goal...to me it doesnt matter who gets the start,right now im not likeing the play of giguere right now,im getting the sense hes not himself lately...we should of won this game 3-1 2-1...he should saved the saves he should of saved...i think its very rare to see him get scored on 4 times in a period...

Old
10-24-2003, 09:01 PM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

Heh. This thread was a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Old
10-24-2003, 09:05 PM
MLH

<b>I don't think were going to give up 4 goals tonight</b>

I guess you were partially right..

Why are the Ducks "supposed to beat Buffalo"? We're .500 and have had many injuries and a brutal schedule.

Old
10-24-2003, 09:58 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartG101
<b>I don't think were going to give up 4 goals tonight</b>

I guess you were partially right..

Why are the Ducks "supposed to beat Buffalo"? We're .500 and have had many injuries and a brutal schedule.
well I would have been right if we didn't fall apart in the third. In a way I was right about a 2-1 game. The third period was a completly different game.

No need to come onto another teams board and rub it in our faces everytime your team wins.

Piling up young players with potential like Pyatt, Connolly, etc. eventually your team had to start winning games...im not surprised.

Old
10-24-2003, 10:00 PM
KillToronto

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chock Full Of Booger
The Sabres are a rotten team overall and anything less than 2 points would be very disappointing.
LOL WHAT A ****ING RETARD! SUCK IT *****.

Old
10-24-2003, 11:05 PM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

Brilliant.

Old
10-25-2003, 03:08 AM
McDonald19
Hampus

The Team held a closed door meeting after this loss.
From O.C. Register:

ANAHEIM Friday night's closed-door, players-only meeting that followed the Mighty Ducks' beyond-ugly, 5-2 loss to the Buffalo Sabres at Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim didn't have to be "called" by anyone in particular.

"It was very evident, very obvious," team captain Steve Rucchin said. "No team should have happen what happened to us, in our own building."

After recovering from a slow start to seize a 2-1 lead on second-period goals by rookie Joffrey Lupul and Petr Sykora, the Ducks needed some big-time soul-searching after watching Buffalo score four consecutive goals in the final 20 minutes.

"That team outworked us, and it definitely shouldn't have been like that, in our building and with them playing last night," Rucchin said. "It's an opportunity we let slip away. It's inexcusable."
------------------------------------------------

Well lets hope the guys are ready to play Sunday vs Chicago.
Gerber in net?? hopefully.

Old
10-25-2003, 03:35 AM
Jerky Leclerc

Horrible third period last night. I was so pissed I couldn't even post. No "good" team should had given up 4 goals in the third like that. The team just played sloppy the whole game. We have no identity and no consistency. And worst, we got outworked in front of our net.

Giguere is playing horrible as well even worst than last year. At least you can blame it on new pads last year. What's his excuse this year? The entire team needs to wake up and take things seriously.

Old
10-25-2003, 05:46 AM
mmbt
Cheeky Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHard
I knew it, I just knew it...

Some us had the same attitude that Stars/Wings fans had last year in the play-offs.

Too arrogant, Ducks simply can't take any team lightly! Workethic and attitude were Ducks strongest weapons last year, just because they look better on paper doesn't mean they can treat "weaker" teams lightly.

I hope Ducks get a royal bashing from Babcock for this one.
I agree totally. Folks, if any group of fans should understand that talent and skill isn't everything, it's us. Sure, this team has much more talent than ever before, and it's readily apparent on the ice. But it's not so much talent that they can win without 60 minutes of effort.

This one had all the signs of a trap game. You've played increasingly well for the last 4-5 games, other team's got a bad record, playing the 2nd of back to backs. I said it before the game, I hate these kind of opponents.

The team took the Sabres as lightly as Chaos did, apparently.

Old
10-25-2003, 07:17 AM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald19
Well lets hope the guys are ready to play Sunday vs Chicago.
Gerber in net?? hopefully.
geez- is giguere that bad? if you guys aren't happy with him, we'll take him off your hands

Old
10-25-2003, 08:57 AM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs
geez- is giguere that bad? if you guys aren't happy with him, we'll take him off your hands
Giggy isn't that bad... he's just come back down to earth... back to the good netminder that he is... he's just gotten off to a bad start.

the ducks should absolutely NOT start Gerber in net Sunday... it'll be another second game scenario for the Hawks. and unlike the Sabres (who i told you guys are not a weak team), the Hawks are one of those "weaker" teams in the league, with an identity problem across the board, that make our respective teams so-called idenity problems look like we're just moody... Two things for the ducks tomorrow... GET Giggy's head clear... make him take advantage of a wounded animal. And, because the Hawks have just begun to try and right the ship (by taking the first step and firing their GM, so they can finally get everyone from the front office on down on the same page), kick em' when their down!

that being said... it's not like i want you guys to win or anything!

Old
10-25-2003, 09:02 AM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

it's not even that
Giguere started slow last season too
and this season there's more expectations, coupled with a shorter off-season, a new contract, a new wife etc.
He'll pick it up soon enough
until then, we're grateful we have Gerber

Old
10-25-2003, 09:17 AM
Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbesy
Giguere started slow last season too and this season there's more expectations, coupled with a shorter off-season, a new contract, a new wife etc. He'll pick it up soon enough until then, we're grateful we have Gerber
Allaire is travelling with the team on the upcoming road trip. Hopefully he can get Giguere going. He was absoultey brutal against the Sabres so it can only get better.

Old
10-25-2003, 09:21 AM
Hank

Quote:
The Sabres are a rotten team overall and anything less than 2 points would be very disappointing.
These aren't the Sabres of years past, they look like a really solid team to me. Especially if Pyatt is going to play like that all year. Him and Satan, Drury, Dumont, Briere, Brown, etc... good forwards all the way down to the 3rd line.

Old
10-25-2003, 09:36 AM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

They have decent scoring depth but that's it. Their defense looks pathetic on paper to me, and I've never liked Biron.

Old
10-25-2003, 09:39 AM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbt
I agree totally. Folks, if any group of fans should understand that talent and skill isn't everything, it's us. Sure, this team has much more talent than ever before, and it's readily apparent on the ice. But it's not so much talent that they can win without 60 minutes of effort.

This one had all the signs of a trap game. You've played increasingly well for the last 4-5 games, other team's got a bad record, playing the 2nd of back to backs. I said it before the game, I hate these kind of opponents.

The team took the Sabres as lightly as Chaos did, apparently.
Spare me the sanctimony. I didn't decide the game.

We're a better team than the Sabres and we should have won. We played 1 period like we were supposed to...we outscored them 2-0. I don't know why they feel they don't have to play. I never said "this'll be easy" because no game is ever easy. But there are some games that shouldn't ever be in doubt if you do your job, and this was one of them.

Sunday's is another, and so is Tuesday's.

Hopefully Gerber is in net for both of them.

Old
10-25-2003, 11:31 AM
mmbt
Cheeky Monkey

Quote:
Spare me the sanctimony. I didn't decide the game.
Course not, and didn't mean to suggest that you did, but it was very apparent that the team's gotten to thinking they were way better than the Sabres. Your thinking is fine for fans, but when the team starts thinking that way it's trouble. That's what I was bothered by.

The way the league is now, there's not that much separating anybody, which is why a team can make a huge turnaround like the Ducks did, or fall apart like SJ did, in the span of one offseason.

Quote:
We're a better team than the Sabres and we should have won. We played 1 period like we were supposed to...we outscored them 2-0. I don't know why they feel they don't have to play. I never said "this'll be easy" because no game is ever easy. But there are some games that shouldn't ever be in doubt if you do your job, and this was one of them.
It's not like the Sabres are dressing a bunch of AHLers. They've got enough good players that they can compete with anyone, even when you're busting your butt.

The worst thing that might have happened may have been getting that 2nd goal in the 2nd period. The team probably figured they had it made at that point; had they gone into the 3rd tied, they probably take things a little more seriously.

Old
10-25-2003, 10:34 PM
Ducksfan2035

whether the game was tied or not..they should be taking each period seriously either way...even if u have a one,two,three goal lead,it doesnt mean u can slack off and do w/e...u gotta take the team seriously and play ur hardest no matter what the score is and who ur playing

Old
10-26-2003, 04:39 AM
Jerky Leclerc

It is inexcuseable to be outplayed in the third period against a team that played the night before. The Ducks have been blowing third period leads because the guys aren't committed to playing basic hockey. Babcock needs to change things around before we fall deeper behind.

Old
10-26-2003, 07:30 AM
soya_sauce_chicken

ok.. i'm back.. i saw the game... horrible.. just plain horrible.. jiggy looks horrible like i stated before and wanted Gerber in the net for fridays game.. those firsst 4 goals were easy.. it's like he just watched the puck go by... i know he started slow last year, but this was ridiculous... Chicago beat the kings last night.. i hope we win..
IF Gerber get's another win and sht out, who do you think Babs is going to look to for his next few games???

Closed Thread