HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBJ Lounge XIX (All Non-Sports, Non-Political Talk Here)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-24-2011, 05:04 PM
  #101
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan
 
mt-svk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,869
vCash: 500
This did my husband in ZOO Bojnice today

mt-svk is offline  
Old
09-24-2011, 05:34 PM
  #102
letsgojackets
Registered User
 
letsgojackets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 459
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
agreed...the sound was way too loud compared to their voices on the floor
Had a similar conversation with a friend of mine(not at the show but a veteran concert goer). Rise Against was loud for the sake of being loud. They didn't care how they sounded they wanted to be the loudest.

FF had a great balance of loud and still sounding great. I have been to many, many concerts of the past 20 years. 2 have left me wanting more. Eric Clapton(on his blues only tour) and Foo Fighters.

letsgojackets is offline  
Old
09-24-2011, 05:44 PM
  #103
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!
 
Moo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Valrico, FL
Posts: 29,026
vCash: 500
Local footage choice to show coming in from a commercial break for the Colorado-OSU game was a CBJ practice at Nationwide Arena.

Makes me miss being home. I wanna go back to NA for a game!

Moo is offline  
Old
09-24-2011, 05:46 PM
  #104
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Jaxs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 7,272
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo View Post
Local footage choice to show coming in from a commercial break for the Colorado-OSU game was a CBJ practice at Nationwide Arena.

Makes me miss being home. I wanna go back to NA for a game!
Coincidence, or is tOsu showing the Jackets some love?

Jaxs is offline  
Old
09-24-2011, 08:29 PM
  #105
joshjoshjosh
ಠ_ಠ
 
joshjoshjosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Guam
Country: Eritrea
Posts: 2,289
vCash: 500
Meant to post this at 12:01 buuuuuuuut



Twenty years ago today.

Death to hair metal :]

joshjoshjosh is offline  
Old
09-24-2011, 09:10 PM
  #106
FANonymous
Registered User
 
FANonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjoshjosh View Post
Meant to post this at 12:01 buuuuuuuut



Twenty years ago today.

Birth of Emo
Fixed.

Honestly, Nirvana is like 1/2 step above Creed and Nickelback.

FANonymous is offline  
Old
09-24-2011, 10:06 PM
  #107
Robert
Foligno family
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,363
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Moneyball.... great flick for sport fans. Well, according to the stats at least 80% should think so...

Robert is offline  
Old
09-24-2011, 10:54 PM
  #108
Sore Loser
HF Partner
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, WA.
Country: United States
Posts: 6,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FANonymous View Post
Fixed.

Honestly, Nirvana is like 1/2 step above Creed and Nickelback.
... and Ratt, Warrant, and Quiet Riot were much better? Please, Nirvana revolutionized music in the 90s, and paved the way for some of the best rock bands of all-time. No way you can dispute that fact, whether or not you liked them. And Nickelback and Creed are very much a new generation of music, I like to call it craprock ... they were helped along by the 90s generation of grungers growing up and having families

Sore Loser is offline  
Old
09-25-2011, 12:40 AM
  #109
FANonymous
Registered User
 
FANonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoChiefsGo View Post
... and Ratt, Warrant, and Quiet Riot were much better? Please, Nirvana revolutionized music in the 90s, and paved the way for some of the best rock bands of all-time. No way you can dispute that fact, whether or not you liked them. And Nickelback and Creed are very much a new generation of music, I like to call it craprock ... they were helped along by the 90s generation of grungers growing up and having families
ROFL please enlighten me on these best rock bands ever that have come out since the 90s. Then compare them to AC/DC, The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Queen and any other big name before the 90s and see how far short they fall. And on the subject of 80's hair metal, at least they could play their instruments.

All Cobain did was make it okay to cry into a microphone while barely knowing how to play guitar, and look how great our music is for it now! His greatest musical achievement was ending his life before the world moved on from his style so that he can forever live as a psuedo legend.

We're probably not ever going to agree on this...


Last edited by FANonymous: 09-25-2011 at 12:41 AM. Reason: typos
FANonymous is offline  
Old
09-25-2011, 01:15 AM
  #110
SuperGenius
Moderator
For Duty & Humanity!
 
SuperGenius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FANonymous View Post
And on the subject of 80's hair metal, at least they could play their instruments.
to be fair, 80s hair metal was more or less the same lyric 20-30 times over and over for 4 minutes

not saying i don't have a hair metal playlist on the ipod.... but just sayin'

__________________
--
"Good night, good hockey...good riddance to the Columbus cannon that makes your ears bleed." - @BroadStBull (Sam Carchidi, Flyers beat reporter)
SuperGenius is offline  
Old
09-25-2011, 01:43 AM
  #111
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/
 
Mayor Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 14,981
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FANonymous View Post
ROFL please enlighten me on these best rock bands ever that have come out since the 90s. Then compare them to AC/DC, The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Queen and any other big name before the 90s and see how far short they fall. And on the subject of 80's hair metal, at least they could play their instruments.

All Cobain did was make it okay to cry into a microphone while barely knowing how to play guitar, and look how great our music is for it now! His greatest musical achievement was ending his life before the world moved on from his style so that he can forever live as a psuedo legend.

We're probably not ever going to agree on this...
I agree completely (and that's something that I almost never do with anyone or anything).

Heck, if you want to go head-to-head, Pearl Jam pummels Nirvana on pretty much everything...plus the fact that "Ten" was released before "Nevermind", which is either a case of Pearl Jam clearly influencing Nirvana or of Pearl Jam being sellouts (depending on perspective). Add in the fact that, outside of producing the music, part of Pearl Jam's lasting legacy is the rejection of music videos and of the wars with Ticketmaster.

Mayor Bee is offline  
Old
09-25-2011, 07:47 AM
  #112
Double-Shift Lassť
Moderator
Just post better
 
Double-Shift Lassť's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Superurban Cbus
Country: United States
Posts: 18,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wooten View Post
to be fair, 80s hair metal was more or less the same lyric 20-30 times over and over for 4 minutes
To be fair, all popular music is like this, dating to Tin Pan Alley and early blues and country. To suggest that "hair metal" is more or less so in this regard is ignorant (if even temporarily so for effect).

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoChiefsGo View Post
Nirvana revolutionized music in the 90s, and paved the way for some of the best rock bands of all-time. No way you can dispute that fact, whether or not you liked them. And Nickelback and Creed are very much a new generation of music, I like to call it craprock ... they were helped along by the 90s generation of grungers growing up and having families
If you actually mean "the popularity of Nirvana paved the way for a new set of young rock bands to start making dough hand over fist," then I'll agree with you. As a resident of the Pacific Northwest you should know better.

__________________
"Every game, every point is a necessity." -- Ty Conklin, January 2007
"I'll have a chance to compete for the post of first issue. This is the most important thing." -- Sergei Bobrovsky, June 2012

Last edited by Double-Shift Lassť: 09-25-2011 at 07:53 AM.
Double-Shift Lassť is offline  
Old
09-25-2011, 10:11 AM
  #113
FANonymous
Registered User
 
FANonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wooten View Post
to be fair, 80s hair metal was more or less the same lyric 20-30 times over and over for 4 minutes

not saying i don't have a hair metal playlist on the ipod.... but just sayin'
Yeah but they had GUITAR SOLOS!!!


FANonymous is offline  
Old
09-25-2011, 01:19 PM
  #114
Sore Loser
HF Partner
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, WA.
Country: United States
Posts: 6,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FANonymous View Post
ROFL please enlighten me on these best rock bands ever that have come out since the 90s. Then compare them to AC/DC, The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Queen and any other big name before the 90s and see how far short they fall. And on the subject of 80's hair metal, at least they could play their instruments.

All Cobain did was make it okay to cry into a microphone while barely knowing how to play guitar, and look how great our music is for it now! His greatest musical achievement was ending his life before the world moved on from his style so that he can forever live as a psuedo legend.

We're probably not ever going to agree on this...
The bolded statement says it all

I do agree with you on one aspect, though ... the bands of the 90s don't compare with (some) of the bands you listed ... the Rolling Stones and Pink Floyd are undoubtedly two of my favorite bands of all-time. I'll also agree that it's important for bands to know how to play their instruments. But just because they aren't top-5 or top-10, doesn't mean they aren't some of the greatest of all-time.

I will also make the argument that without Nirvana, we would have never heard the excellent music put out by a band like STP. Some of my favorite music came from the 90s, stuff that I still listen to just as much as my favorite 60s/70s bands. I will admit that the 90s had it's share of terrible music (I'm personally not a fan of Pearl Jam, or the HF CBJ favorite, Bush) ... but, so did every other generation of music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
If you actually mean "the popularity of Nirvana paved the way for a new set of young rock bands to start making dough hand over fist," then I'll agree with you. As a resident of the Pacific Northwest you should know better.
That's a fair statement, indeed. Heck, Sir Mix Alot has a huge mansion high up in the mountains near Seattle. I guess baby had back after all ...

Sore Loser is offline  
Old
09-29-2011, 03:36 PM
  #115
CBJCougar
Registered User
 
CBJCougar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Inside a house
Country: United States
Posts: 5,028
vCash: 500
Does anyone have a link to this year's team photos?

CBJCougar is offline  
Old
09-29-2011, 08:24 PM
  #116
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling
 
Jovavic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: IR with CBJ
Country: Qatar
Posts: 10,829
vCash: 500
Can it please stop raining for 24 hours so I can cut my grass?

Jovavic is offline  
Old
09-30-2011, 07:03 AM
  #117
Samkow
Global Moderator
Young Guns
 
Samkow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Detroit
Country: United States
Posts: 13,928
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow

__________________
Truth should never get in the way of a good persecution complex.
Samkow is offline  
Old
09-30-2011, 11:21 AM
  #118
Sore Loser
HF Partner
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, WA.
Country: United States
Posts: 6,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
...lol

Yeah, I just chuckled at a nerd joke.

Sore Loser is offline  
Old
09-30-2011, 05:27 PM
  #119
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express
 
JF Omalycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 4,313
vCash: 500
You Nirvana bashers are freakin' crazy. Best garage band of all time.
Rock 'n roll doesn't have to be fancy or intellectually satisfying to be great. It just has to rock. Something the three of them excelled at.
I could make Kurt Cobaine look silly on guitar, but I'd still consider him to be a superior musician. You know why? Because he could write some cool ****, and I can't.

Funny, today, for the first time, I heard Smells Like Teen Spirit on Q-FM 96 and realized just how old I'm getting.

JF Omalycat is offline  
Old
09-30-2011, 05:54 PM
  #120
GoJackets1
Someday.
 
GoJackets1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Columbus
Country: United States
Posts: 3,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyColdHrdina View Post
Can it please stop raining for 24 hours so I can cut my grass?
This. PLEASE this. Im going to have to cut it 3 times to get it down to normal length.

GoJackets1 is offline  
Old
09-30-2011, 06:10 PM
  #121
Skraut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Enter city here
Posts: 10,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gojackets1 View Post
This. PLEASE this. Im going to have to cut it 3 times to get it down to normal length.
Agreed, My neighbor just had knee replacement surgery, I was going to mow his too.

Skraut is offline  
Old
09-30-2011, 06:38 PM
  #122
Sore Loser
HF Partner
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, WA.
Country: United States
Posts: 6,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JF Omalycat View Post
Funny, today, for the first time, I heard Smells Like Teen Spirit on Q-FM 96 and realized just how old I'm getting.
You have no idea....

They hired a kid at my work last week, who was 12 years old when the company hired me. Talk about feeling old

Sore Loser is offline  
Old
09-30-2011, 06:42 PM
  #123
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey
 
Fro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Drinking With Carts
Country: United States
Posts: 15,232
vCash: 500
condo living...the way to go...no grass to cut, only 3 little flower beds to maintain...

Fro is offline  
Old
09-30-2011, 07:04 PM
  #124
joshjoshjosh
ಠ_ಠ
 
joshjoshjosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Guam
Country: Eritrea
Posts: 2,289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
condo living...the way to go...no grass to cut, only 3 little flower beds to maintain...
apartment living... no anything to anything!


joshjoshjosh is offline  
Old
09-30-2011, 09:48 PM
  #125
FANonymous
Registered User
 
FANonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,911
vCash: 500
You guys think THAT's good, you should try living in a BOX!!! All my utilities are Pizz-aid!


FANonymous is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:36 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.