HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBJ Lounge XIX (All Non-Sports, Non-Political Talk Here)

Closed Thread

Old
09-24-2011, 05:04 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

vCash: 500
This did my husband in ZOO Bojnice today

Old
09-24-2011, 05:34 PM
letsgojackets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
agreed...the sound was way too loud compared to their voices on the floor
Had a similar conversation with a friend of mine(not at the show but a veteran concert goer). Rise Against was loud for the sake of being loud. They didn't care how they sounded they wanted to be the loudest.

FF had a great balance of loud and still sounding great. I have been to many, many concerts of the past 20 years. 2 have left me wanting more. Eric Clapton(on his blues only tour) and Foo Fighters.

Old
09-24-2011, 05:44 PM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

Local footage choice to show coming in from a commercial break for the Colorado-OSU game was a CBJ practice at Nationwide Arena.

Makes me miss being home. I wanna go back to NA for a game!

Old
09-24-2011, 05:46 PM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo View Post
Local footage choice to show coming in from a commercial break for the Colorado-OSU game was a CBJ practice at Nationwide Arena.

Makes me miss being home. I wanna go back to NA for a game!
Coincidence, or is tOsu showing the Jackets some love?

Old
09-24-2011, 08:29 PM
joshjoshjosh
ಠ_ಠ

Meant to post this at 12:01 buuuuuuuut

Twenty years ago today.

Death to hair metal :]

Old
09-24-2011, 09:10 PM
FANonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjoshjosh View Post
Meant to post this at 12:01 buuuuuuuut

Twenty years ago today.

Birth of Emo
Fixed.

Honestly, Nirvana is like 1/2 step above Creed and Nickelback.

Old
09-24-2011, 10:06 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Moneyball.... great flick for sport fans. Well, according to the stats at least 80% should think so...

Old
09-24-2011, 10:54 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FANonymous View Post
Fixed.

Honestly, Nirvana is like 1/2 step above Creed and Nickelback.
... and Ratt, Warrant, and Quiet Riot were much better? Please, Nirvana revolutionized music in the 90s, and paved the way for some of the best rock bands of all-time. No way you can dispute that fact, whether or not you liked them. And Nickelback and Creed are very much a new generation of music, I like to call it craprock ... they were helped along by the 90s generation of grungers growing up and having families

Old
09-25-2011, 12:40 AM
FANonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoChiefsGo View Post
... and Ratt, Warrant, and Quiet Riot were much better? Please, Nirvana revolutionized music in the 90s, and paved the way for some of the best rock bands of all-time. No way you can dispute that fact, whether or not you liked them. And Nickelback and Creed are very much a new generation of music, I like to call it craprock ... they were helped along by the 90s generation of grungers growing up and having families
ROFL please enlighten me on these best rock bands ever that have come out since the 90s. Then compare them to AC/DC, The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Queen and any other big name before the 90s and see how far short they fall. And on the subject of 80's hair metal, at least they could play their instruments.

All Cobain did was make it okay to cry into a microphone while barely knowing how to play guitar, and look how great our music is for it now! His greatest musical achievement was ending his life before the world moved on from his style so that he can forever live as a psuedo legend.

We're probably not ever going to agree on this...

Last edited by FANonymous: 09-25-2011 at 12:41 AM. Reason: typos
Old
09-25-2011, 01:15 AM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Quote:
And on the subject of 80's hair metal, at least they could play their instruments.
to be fair, 80s hair metal was more or less the same lyric 20-30 times over and over for 4 minutes

not saying i don't have a hair metal playlist on the ipod.... but just sayin'

Old
09-25-2011, 01:43 AM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
ROFL please enlighten me on these best rock bands ever that have come out since the 90s. Then compare them to AC/DC, The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Queen and any other big name before the 90s and see how far short they fall. And on the subject of 80's hair metal, at least they could play their instruments.

All Cobain did was make it okay to cry into a microphone while barely knowing how to play guitar, and look how great our music is for it now! His greatest musical achievement was ending his life before the world moved on from his style so that he can forever live as a psuedo legend.

I agree completely (and that's something that I almost never do with anyone or anything).

Heck, if you want to go head-to-head, Pearl Jam pummels Nirvana on pretty much everything...plus the fact that "Ten" was released before "Nevermind", which is either a case of Pearl Jam clearly influencing Nirvana or of Pearl Jam being sellouts (depending on perspective). Add in the fact that, outside of producing the music, part of Pearl Jam's lasting legacy is the rejection of music videos and of the wars with Ticketmaster.

Old
09-25-2011, 07:47 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooten View Post
to be fair, 80s hair metal was more or less the same lyric 20-30 times over and over for 4 minutes
To be fair, all popular music is like this, dating to Tin Pan Alley and early blues and country. To suggest that "hair metal" is more or less so in this regard is ignorant (if even temporarily so for effect).

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoChiefsGo View Post
Nirvana revolutionized music in the 90s, and paved the way for some of the best rock bands of all-time. No way you can dispute that fact, whether or not you liked them. And Nickelback and Creed are very much a new generation of music, I like to call it craprock ... they were helped along by the 90s generation of grungers growing up and having families
If you actually mean "the popularity of Nirvana paved the way for a new set of young rock bands to start making dough hand over fist," then I'll agree with you. As a resident of the Pacific Northwest you should know better.

Last edited by Double-Shift Lassť: 09-25-2011 at 07:53 AM.
Old
09-25-2011, 10:11 AM
FANonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooten View Post

not saying i don't have a hair metal playlist on the ipod.... but just sayin'
Yeah but they had GUITAR SOLOS!!!

Old
09-25-2011, 01:19 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:

The bolded statement says it all

I do agree with you on one aspect, though ... the bands of the 90s don't compare with (some) of the bands you listed ... the Rolling Stones and Pink Floyd are undoubtedly two of my favorite bands of all-time. I'll also agree that it's important for bands to know how to play their instruments. But just because they aren't top-5 or top-10, doesn't mean they aren't some of the greatest of all-time.

I will also make the argument that without Nirvana, we would have never heard the excellent music put out by a band like STP. Some of my favorite music came from the 90s, stuff that I still listen to just as much as my favorite 60s/70s bands. I will admit that the 90s had it's share of terrible music (I'm personally not a fan of Pearl Jam, or the HF CBJ favorite, Bush) ... but, so did every other generation of music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
If you actually mean "the popularity of Nirvana paved the way for a new set of young rock bands to start making dough hand over fist," then I'll agree with you. As a resident of the Pacific Northwest you should know better.
That's a fair statement, indeed. Heck, Sir Mix Alot has a huge mansion high up in the mountains near Seattle. I guess baby had back after all ...

Old
09-29-2011, 03:36 PM
CBJCougar

Does anyone have a link to this year's team photos?

Old
09-29-2011, 08:24 PM
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling

Can it please stop raining for 24 hours so I can cut my grass?

Old
09-30-2011, 07:03 AM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Young Guns

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow

09-30-2011, 11:21 AM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
...lol

Yeah, I just chuckled at a nerd joke.

Old
09-30-2011, 05:27 PM
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express

You Nirvana bashers are freakin' crazy. Best garage band of all time.
Rock 'n roll doesn't have to be fancy or intellectually satisfying to be great. It just has to rock. Something the three of them excelled at.
I could make Kurt Cobaine look silly on guitar, but I'd still consider him to be a superior musician. You know why? Because he could write some cool ****, and I can't.

Funny, today, for the first time, I heard Smells Like Teen Spirit on Q-FM 96 and realized just how old I'm getting.

Old
09-30-2011, 05:54 PM
GoJackets1
Someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyColdHrdina View Post
Can it please stop raining for 24 hours so I can cut my grass?
This. PLEASE this. Im going to have to cut it 3 times to get it down to normal length.

Old
09-30-2011, 06:10 PM
Skraut

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojackets1 View Post
This. PLEASE this. Im going to have to cut it 3 times to get it down to normal length.
Agreed, My neighbor just had knee replacement surgery, I was going to mow his too.

Old
09-30-2011, 06:38 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF Omalycat View Post
Funny, today, for the first time, I heard Smells Like Teen Spirit on Q-FM 96 and realized just how old I'm getting.
You have no idea....

They hired a kid at my work last week, who was 12 years old when the company hired me. Talk about feeling old

Old
09-30-2011, 06:42 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

condo living...the way to go...no grass to cut, only 3 little flower beds to maintain...

Old
09-30-2011, 07:04 PM
joshjoshjosh
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
condo living...the way to go...no grass to cut, only 3 little flower beds to maintain...
apartment living... no anything to anything!

Old
09-30-2011, 09:48 PM
FANonymous

You guys think THAT's good, you should try living in a BOX!!! All my utilities are Pizz-aid!

Closed Thread