HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: How do i Make a new avatar???

Closed Thread

Old
10-18-2005, 12:03 PM
SwiftyHab

vCash: 500
OT: How do i Make a new avatar???

Ive been trying to make an avatar now but always find that it ends up ebing too big no matter how much i shrink it or how much colours i remove from it.
On photoshop how do i have to save it? under what file extension and under what dimensions? colour scheme?
Someone help me out im in desperate need of an original avatar that expresses my uniqueness as a poster and as a quality individual.

Old
10-18-2005, 12:12 PM
habfan4

If you're using Photoshop then I'd recommend jpg (jpeg) as the file format. To decrease the size of the file, lower the pixel dimensions of the width or height (only adjust one, the other should adjust automatically or you'll screw up the aspect ratio of the image) until both at beneath 125 by 125 pixels, then you should be able to upload it and use it as your Avatar.

Old
10-18-2005, 01:00 PM
Qui Gon Dave

Are you going for a standard image or are you going to be including animation?

If you are including animation, watch out for filesize, i created an animated habs logo but it was about 100k too big to be used on here. Woops. The max filesize here is 20k IIRC.

Otherwise, the post above had good info. When you save it as a .jpg, use the 'Save for Web' option. It lets you adjust the quality of the image and you can see both what affect that has on the image and the filesize (which should be displayed near the bottom of the screen).

EDIT - if you have trouble uploading your avatar, dont worry. Probably just a firwall or other security settings on your computer. I had that trouble at first but its easily solved.

Old
10-18-2005, 01:02 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftyHab
Ive been trying to make an avatar now but always find that it ends up ebing too big no matter how much i shrink it or how much colours i remove from it.
On photoshop how do i have to save it? under what file extension and under what dimensions? colour scheme?
Someone help me out im in desperate need of an original avatar that expresses my uniqueness as a poster and as a quality individual.

you may want to attach it to a post here and somebody else could size it for you.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Old
10-18-2005, 01:20 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

In photoshop, use the save for web option under File. It works wonders.

Old
10-18-2005, 04:40 PM
SwiftyHab

SWEEEEEEETTTT!!!! I feel like one of the team now!

Closed Thread