HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Robin Soudek

Old
09-29-2011, 09:09 PM
Royal Canuck
M-V-P

vCash: 500
Robin Soudek

Robin Soudek has worked his way up to star status this year with my hometown WHL team, the Victoria Royals. If you look at Soudek's stats during the 08-09/09-10 seasons, no numbers really stand out at you. but last year, he broke out. in 61 Games with the Chilliwack Bruins, Soudek posted 25 G and 32 A combining for 57 Points along with 70 PIM. And as I see it, his point totals will only go higher this year playing top line minutes with Sabres prospect Kevin Sundher. And not only is Soudek a good Two-Way Forward, he is one tough customer. He has won the majority of his fights which are usually against guys much bigger than he is, (Soudek is only 5"11 , 194lbs) and his work in front of the net and in the corners is very impressive. His Speed, Shot and Hands dont really stand out much, but the pure hockey sense of Soudek and his effective work in front and in the corners make him a great all around player. No he will never be an NHL top 6 forward, but he would be a useful 3rd-4th liner for any NHL team. He is still 2012 draft eligible as he is a late '91 and will still be 20 on draft day, which leads to this question, do you think Soudek will get drafted in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft?

Royal Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 09:10 PM
Royal Canuck
M-V-P

Let us not forget Soudek is also a great Penalty Killer.

Last edited by Royal Canuck: 09-29-2011 at 09:12 PM. Reason: typo
Old
09-29-2011, 09:15 PM
Royal Canuck
M-V-P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Urf5vN6vVZk&NR=1

Old
09-29-2011, 10:08 PM
Jamie Benn
NHL Draft Enthusiast

I don't think he will get drafted, but I do think he has a chance to sign a pro contract or get a tryout from an NHL club next season, maybe play a couple of exhibition games.

Jamie Benn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 10:45 PM
DangerMan
@danlizee

I will say that Soudek has looked his best with Victoria early on this season than he has at any other point of his WHL career. He seems to have found a niche where he can just go to the net and bang in garbage goals around the crease. That being said, I think he will have a tough time cracking the pros in North America.

He's been pretty much a nomad/castoff up to this point. At least he was when he was with the Oil Kings.

DangerMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 11:31 PM
funky11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSwede21 View Post
Robin Soudek has worked his way up to star status this year with my hometown WHL team, the Victoria Royals. If you look at Soudek's stats during the 08-09/09-10 seasons, no numbers really stand out at you. but last year, he broke out. in 61 Games with the Chilliwack Bruins, Soudek posted 25 G and 32 A combining for 57 Points along with 70 PIM. And as I see it, his point totals will only go higher this year playing top line minutes with Sabres prospect Kevin Sundher. And not only is Soudek a good Two-Way Forward, he is one tough customer. He has won the majority of his fights which are usually against guys much bigger than he is, (Soudek is only 5"11 , 194lbs) and his work in front of the net and in the corners is very impressive. His Speed, Shot and Hands dont really stand out much, but the pure hockey sense of Soudek and his effective work in front and in the corners make him a great all around player. No he will never be an NHL top 6 forward, but he would be a useful 3rd-4th liner for any NHL team. He is still 2012 draft eligible as he is a late '91 and will still be 20 on draft day, which leads to this question, do you think Soudek will get drafted in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft?
Unless he's changed since last year, I don't think so. Horak and Howse made his stats look good last year.

funky11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 08:14 PM
Royal Canuck
M-V-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky11 View Post
Unless he's changed since last year, I don't think so. Horak and Howse made his stats look good last year.
we will have to see. Soudek is averaging a goal a game and over a point a game through the season so far, if he has the endurance to play an entire season as hard as he has been playing now i think he could very well put up more than 57 points this season.