HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Trade Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
10-25-2003, 07:14 PM
The Big Aristotle

vCash: 500
Trade Proposal

I was reading on www.thefourthperiod.com that St. Louis might be interested in Quintal or Rivet. I can also see them being interested in Brisebois to QB their 2nd Power Play unit. Though, I highly doubt they are interested in Brisebois and his contract. I can see this trade happening because Jackman is out for 2-4 weeks and Macinnis out indefinetly(probably the season). This would then open up a position for Komisarek or maybe even Gauthier.
I'd like to get back from St. Louis: Belle, Backman, or Mayers. I think we would have a hard time prying away Belle or Mayers.

1st Proposal

To St. Louis:
Rivet
Dackell or Juneau (as we need to get rid of a forward and they could
use a good checking forward)
Plekanec (they lack a good center prospect.)

TO Montreal

Belle
3rd
4th

or

Backman
2nd
3rd

Though I like Plekanec, you have to give up talent to receive talent. He is a good center, but I think Higgins and Urquart can pick up the slack.
As of Belle or Backman, I can see them adding to our defense in a couple of years.)

If one of these trades do go down, I can seriously see the habs making a pitch for Gauthier as i hear he has fallen out of favour with sutter. I can see Sundstrom going the other way. I think sutter really likes him and he could play a good role with the flames on the 3rd line with yelle. I think both teams can make something happen.

Proposal 2

To Calgary
Sundstrom
3rd

To montreal
Gauthier
4th

So I'd like to know your thoughts on these trades. If you think their completely terrible or if something needs to be added or subtracted to each trade.

As for the trades I think these dman can help us in the future, because I think defense wins championships. Maybe we can build a blueline like Detroit, Colorado or Dallas. Because I think we have the talent at goaltender and forward to compete down the line in 4-5 years.

So flame on or sing your approval and let me know your opinions.

thanks,

The Big Aristotle

Old
10-25-2003, 09:13 PM
Canadienne

I gotta say... NO!

We need Juneau more than alot of people seem to want to admit and there's no way that I would trade away Plekanec.

I wouldn't be adverse to trading Sundstrom but I doubt we'd ever get very much for him alone.

I watched the Calgary-Edmonton game tonight and was not impressed by Gauthier one bit. Besides, we already have plenty of Dmen.

What we need is a big, goal-scoring (preferably a centreman) player capable of leading this team especially when they're down by a goal or two. There aren't many available right now and I have doubts that Montreal could afford one anyway.

We're just going to have to be patient and wait for that power from within... like Kastitsyn. I know it's not going to easy or fun but I really don't see anything else transpiring.

Old
10-25-2003, 10:00 PM
CHareth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Aristotle
I was reading on www.thefourthperiod.com that St. Louis might be interested in Quintal or Rivet. I can also see them being interested in Brisebois to QB their 2nd Power Play unit. Though, I highly doubt they are interested in Brisebois and his contract. I can see this trade happening because Jackman is out for 2-4 weeks and Macinnis out indefinetly(probably the season). This would then open up a position for Komisarek or maybe even Gauthier.
I also have a hard time believing that St. Louis would be interested in Brisebois, considering what he is paid, and by the same token Rivet. Quintal perhaps, but he wouldn't fetch much. Anyway, why wouldn't St. Louis go after Berard instead?

As for Gauthier, although I'd like to have him, we've already got the "tough left-side d-man" thing covered with Souray.

Old
10-25-2003, 10:04 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
I like proposal #2...Sundstrom and a 3rd for Gauthier and a 4th if we can somehow trade a defensmean (eg Rivet....Quintal's value is too low right now)

Old
10-26-2003, 02:58 AM
habsfan11

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Aristotle
I'd like to get back from St. Louis: Belle, Backman, or Mayers. I think we would have a hard time prying away Belle or Mayers.

1st Proposal

To St. Louis:
Rivet
Dackell or Juneau (as we need to get rid of a forward and they could
use a good checking forward)
Plekanec (they lack a good center prospect.)

TO Montreal

Belle
3rd
4th

or

Backman
2nd
3rd

Though I like Plekanec, you have to give up talent to receive talent. He is a good center, but I think Higgins and Urquart can pick up the slack.
As of Belle or Backman, I can see them adding to our defense in a couple of years.)

If one of these trades do go down, I can seriously see the habs making a pitch for Gauthier as i hear he has fallen out of favour with sutter. I can see Sundstrom going the other way. I think sutter really likes him and he could play a good role with the flames on the 3rd line with yelle. I think both teams can make something happen.

Proposal 2

To Calgary
Sundstrom
3rd

To montreal
Gauthier
4th

So I'd like to know your thoughts on these trades. If you think their completely terrible or if something needs to be added or subtracted to each trade.

As for the trades I think these dman can help us in the future, because I think defense wins championships. Maybe we can build a blueline like Detroit, Colorado or Dallas. Because I think we have the talent at goaltender and forward to compete down the line in 4-5 years.

So flame on or sing your approval and let me know your opinions.

thanks,

The Big Aristotle

Didnt you say they were interested in rivet and quintal. Why would your trade proposal not contain either of those 2 players?

Old
10-26-2003, 04:19 AM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
If trade we can do both trade i think it's a good move ... but if we do these deals separate i don't like them ....

Overall :

Out :

Rivet
Dackell
Plekanec
Sundstrom

In :

Gauthier
Belle
2nd and 4th

Possible lines :

Hossa-Ribeiro-Zednik
Ryder-Perrault-Koivu
Bulis-Juneau-Ward
Kilger-Begin-Audette/Langdon

The D is the same but we switch Rivet with Gauthier .

And we have a good big d-man prospect and 2 good picks .

I don't know if these deals could happen but i like them !

Old
10-26-2003, 04:26 AM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Jamal Mayers was a guy that I really wanted last season. Unfortunately, he was injured. Now that we have Begin, I don't see how we need Mayers. The forwards are pretty clogged, and I think Gainey would rather bring in a draft pick than another forward.

Old
10-26-2003, 05:00 AM
Lewis63

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl.roberts
Jamal Mayers was a guy that I really wanted last season. Unfortunately, he was injured. Now that we have Begin, I don't see how we need Mayers. The forwards are pretty clogged, and I think Gainey would rather bring in a draft pick than another forward.

Isn't Gauthier a left handed D?

With Rivet out, Komi comes in but where to put Gauthier? taking Hainsey's place? I don't think so. We could have used Gauthier last year with Sourray gone but now we have no use for him.

Old
10-26-2003, 05:04 AM
RE-HABS

If any trade happens I think it will be abigger trade than people think. I see 3 players going elsewhere, because we need room at every position and need to dump some players for our kids to play and for our vets like Koivu and Kilger when they return.

A 3 for 1 is a good possibility, and expect a good top 2 line forward in return over another Dman.

Old
10-26-2003, 05:13 AM
hockey_nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS
If any trade happens I think it will be abigger trade than people think. I see 3 players going elsewhere, because we need room at every position and need to dump some players for our kids to play and for our vets like Koivu and Kilger when they return.

A 3 for 1 is a good possibility, and expect a good top 2 line forward in return over another Dman.
I agree... I'm thinking if we're making a deal anytime soon, we're either doing a 3-for-1 (plus picks), or we're doing two 2-for-1's. We're too deep, which is great, but it's creating a problem. Making a 3-for-1 or two 2-for-1's then we're in good.

Old
10-26-2003, 05:36 AM
Rahan

I'd do Rivet-Juneau-3rd for Belle

Old
10-26-2003, 08:00 AM
doc lafleur

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahan
I'd do Rivet-Juneau-3rd for Belle
Whatever trade is done Dykhuis or Traverse must be included to save $$$$.

Closed Thread