HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hockey Talk Shows Le Match/Anti-Chambre, etc...

Old
09-30-2011, 11:23 AM
neofury*

vCash: 500
Langdeau seems like the type of guy if you would confront him for all his dumb comments in real life he'd just threaten to kick your ass rather than backing up his statements and say that he's the one working for RDS not you.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 01:01 PM
RaMMuT
Tank Nation 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Langdeau seems like the type of guy if you would confront him for all his dumb comments in real life he'd just threaten to kick your ass rather than backing up his statements and say that he's the one working for RDS not you.
But can he fight?

RaMMuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 04:00 PM
Aurel Joliat

Langdeau is a real clown

Laraque said something true last night about Gill : '' Il a pas de patin, pas de mains, joue pas physique, se bat pas, tout ce qu'il fait c'est se jeter par terre en désavantage numérique et étendre sa longue branche pour essayer de couper des passes''.

So true. Gill is no longer NHL caliber, and certainly not a 2,5 M$$$$

Aurel Joliat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 04:28 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurel Joliat View Post
Langdeau is a real clown

Laraque said something true last night about Gill : '' Il a pas de patin, pas de mains, joue pas physique, se bat pas, tout ce qu'il fait c'est se jeter par terre en désavantage numérique et étendre sa longue branche pour essayer de couper des passes''.

You can add: His shots are always blocked or miss the net wide, has no passing, no first pass.. But Gill is Gill, will start slow as usual and adjust to the speed gradually.. Will need a solid partner to be effective though.. Could see him watch some games from the pressbox when Markov is back and Yemelin getting better..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 05:27 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurel Joliat View Post
Langdeau is a real clown

It's his third season here and everytime he started like this. No need to worry... For now.

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 05:42 PM
LouisJCloutier

Quote:
This happens because sports media don't do analysis, they do storytelling.
That's an incredible quote, it's exactly the problem.

LouisJCloutier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 05:43 AM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Le Match is worse than L'Anti-Chambre, at least l'Anti-chambre there's a laid back attitude, Le Match is all controversies and shock, shock,, shock I'm tired of them talking about head shots. Also at L'Anti-Chambre the guys have their own opinions wheras at Le Match everybody says the same thing, it's like a common front at everything they do. It's like an informercial.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 06:27 AM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
It's his third season here and everytime he started like this. No need to worry... For now.
he doesnt "start" that way, he IS that way, from 1st to 82th game...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 06:42 AM
Newhabfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Gill is a reliable Dman when you do not want to get scored and that's a major thing. Who was on the ice in the last minute of the SC 7th game against the Wings with a one goal advantage ? I still remember Pat Burns praising him for his reliability.

The problem with these so-called "sports shows" is that they use as model and reference the famous 110%.

Newhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 01:44 PM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post
Gill is a reliable Dman when you do not want to get scored and that's a major thing. Who was on the ice in the last minute of the SC 7th game against the Wings with a one goal advantage ? I still remember Pat Burns praising him for his reliability.

The problem with these so-called "sports shows" is that they use as model and reference the famous 110%.
meh, every NHLers makes great plays once in a while. and his great plays consist of watching the Wings buzzing in the zone and MAF makes a miraculous save...

in this particular case, Laraque is 100% right, he described Gill perfectly. And the "it's only Sept" argument cant fit for him... cause contrary to others, he isnt slow cause he's a Vet taking it easy -> he's always slow

same for the passing, hitting, fighting, etc.

Old
10-01-2011, 01:57 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
False. Yes, his footspeed and skill doesn't improve as the season but he gets better, he becomes more efficient.

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 02:05 PM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
False. Yes, his footspeed and skill doesn't improve as the season but he gets better, he becomes more efficient.
he doesnt become a good passer over a season, he doesnt hit more as the season progress, he doesnt fight (more) in the last games of a season

so he becomes more efficient at what ? "se jetter par terre" like Laraque said ?

Old
10-01-2011, 02:17 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post
A lot of people have used this as an example to prove how reliable he is defensively. It got me thinking, and I had written a nice post with multiple videos explaining how it was not a good example.
I do not have time to re-write or find the post, so I will be quick.
First, this was 3years ago, like anybody else in life, he got older and slower.
Second, there is just about 5sec left when he gets placed on the ice, i believe it was orpik with his partner that were used for a 40sec shift prior to that faceoff.
Third,with Gill's approach to always block shots, he actually is the reason why detroit gets not one, but two scoring chances. He goes out of his way to block the first shot, which results in a very clear shot for zetterberg bcuz did not direct his blocked shot properly. Fleury had to make a crazy save which then resulted in the lidstrom chance.
Finally, blindly saying he was on the at the end of the game 7, is irrelevant. I could say he's bad bcuz he was on the ice when boston score their series clinching.

Cant look at things that simply.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 02:23 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
The Hockey scrum on 990 every Friday at noon. That's cool because they are not so called Hockey Experts. Just a bunch of Anglo's like some of us around here, they just have a radio show. best part is they also talk NFL, Tampa Rays,-Expos, etc.

Were North American, not always has to be hockey. 24-12.

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 02:41 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs23 View Post
The Hockey scrum on 990 every Friday at noon. That's cool because they are not so called Hockey Experts. Just a bunch of Anglo's like some of us around here, they just have a radio show. best part is they also talk NFL, Tampa Rays,-Expos, etc.

Were North American, not always has to be hockey. 24-12.
You're right.

It's only pre season and I am already fed up of hockey by L'Antichambre and the TVA show... But with panels filled with ex-coaches and ex-hockey players, what else can we have ?

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 02:43 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
You're right.

It's only pre season and I am already fed up of hockey by L'Antichambre and the TVA show... But with panels filled with ex-coaches and ex-hockey players, what else can we have ?
Some of those so-called experts. need a trip to the Caribbean or something. I love hockey a lot, but there are other interests of sports around here also. Specially over-kill on pre-season....

Old
10-01-2011, 02:49 PM
DogsFan*
GHG

TSN is launching TSN Radio Montreal on Wednesday.

DogsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 02:53 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsFan View Post
TSN is launching TSN Radio Montreal on Wednesday.
As long as we don't lose our local flavor, then they can call it what ever they want. Let's be honest Montreal a whole different animal & the Anglo's who stay do it for a reason, were not Toronto. Don't want to be at all. were Montreal!

Old
10-01-2011, 09:03 PM
Krnage

vCash: 400
Why Benoit Brunet still hockey analist ?

Krnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 09:15 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krnage View Post
Why Benoit Brunet still hockey analist ?
Don't know if that's a misspelling, pun or a Freudian slip but I lol

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 09:17 PM
HomaridII

HabsBlogger Mike Boone
Poor Benny Brunet is the Andreas Engvist of RDS. He's playing himself onto TVA Sports.

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 09:21 PM
Gary320

TSN Radio will be on which channel (or is it called radio frequency?)

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 10:18 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Ciccone and Brisebois are saying Habs won't make it.

This is the first time I zoned in this year to this show, only caught the last 10minutes.
Now, I don't care if they think they won't make it, but what I find rather humorous are the reasons why.
They both put Toronto in instead of them, what is really funny is that they both praise Reimer, but then question whether Price will be capable of stepping up..
Cicco also put Winnipeg in, and his reason is...they are a new team, hockey is back in Winnipeg, they will have momentum. That's it that's all.

I really didn't miss these clowns. Was a little refreshing to see Yvon, Dave and Fichaud call them out saying every thing you said can apply to Mtl.

What was funnier though is that Cicco said when you're an analyst, you can't be an optimist, and then ends by saying he's really negative with the Habs, to the point where he doesn't think they will even be in a PO race.

I don't believe these guys truly believe what they ''predicted''. They can't possibly believe Reimer is a safer bet than Price..

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 11:36 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Ciccone and Brisebois are saying Habs won't make it.

This is the first time I zoned in this year to this show, only caught the last 10minutes.
Now, I don't care if they think they won't make it, but what I find rather humorous are the reasons why.
They both put Toronto in instead of them, what is really funny is that they both praise Reimer, but then question whether Price will be capable of stepping up..
Cicco also put Winnipeg in, and his reason is...they are a new team, hockey is back in Winnipeg, they will have momentum. That's it that's all.

I really didn't miss these clowns. Was a little refreshing to see Yvon, Dave and Fichaud call them out saying every thing you said can apply to Mtl.

What was funnier though is that Cicco said when you're an analyst, you can't be an optimist, and then ends by saying he's really negative with the Habs, to the point where he doesn't think they will even be in a PO race.

I don't believe these guys truly believe what they ''predicted''. They can't possibly believe Reimer is a safer bet than Price..
Cocco's biggest concern is the D.. He has a valid point but is it that bad? I dont think so, the youth injection at the blueline will eventually pay and the add of Campoli will help to stabilize the situation, this signing will add depth and the kids will fight between each other to stay in the line-up, what is a sane competition.. I really like our offense, pretty well balanced, guys working hard at both ends of the ice, scoring on our 3 first lines, our goaltender is easily a top 5 in the league and this team is very well coached.. Unless our D core is that bad, that Subban join Markov on the injury list and that both miss action for a long time. I just cant see the Habs missing..

Last edited by NewHabsEra*: 10-04-2011 at 11:48 PM.
NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 11:53 PM
Pax Macioretty

All the guys on TVASPORTS are really good, the problem is the producers behind the camera who work for all-drama Quebecor... Tonight's episode was dreafull because of the Pacioretty-Subban non incident. Good god, more happens every week in my beer league then what I saw between those 2

Pax Macioretty is offline   Reply With Quote