HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 Sens Lineup/Roster thread part 3

Old
10-01-2011, 02:35 AM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

vCash: 500
as an interested outsider, has Brian Lee really resurrected his NHL career to the degree that he is a lock to make the Senators this season ?

If so, thats a wow from where I sit

guy was put on waivers, openly offered for trade and passed on by every other NHL club, only to turn it around and make the Sens for the 11-12 season

donpaulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 06:30 AM
topshelf15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Spezza needs to step up his game cause I don't see him clicking with anyone in the pre-season.Zibanejad was clicking with Alfredsson

Michalek was clicking with Da Costa

Michalek was not clicking with Zibanejad

Da Costa was clicking with Filatov

Regin has clicked with Spezza.

Filatov and Zibanejad have been iffy with Spezza.

Regin-Spezza-Michalek
Zibanejad-Da Costa-Alfredsson
Foligno-Smith-Condra
Greening-Kenopka-Neil

Cowen-Gonchar
Phillips-Karlsson
Lee-Rundblad

Anderson
Auld

Every line has grit, 2 way capability and offensive ability.

Most importantly, some sort of chemistry.
Maybe its time to trade him

topshelf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 06:52 AM
Asquaredx2

Quote:
Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
as an interested outsider, has Brian Lee really resurrected his NHL career to the degree that he is a lock to make the Senators this season ?

guy was put on waivers, openly offered for trade and passed on by every other NHL club, only to turn it around and make the Sens for the 11-12 season
He turned it around before then. He was one of our best defenders by the end of last season.

Asquaredx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 08:44 AM
TheSpaceCoyote
Sens fan in NL

Quote:

Yes, no one here following the Sens had any doubt as to whether he would make the team. We all knew he was a lock.

TheSpaceCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 09:58 AM
esdoorn

Whatever the Sens do they need to waive Kuba. He's in the last year of his contract. If he clears waivers than send him down until you can trade him for a bag of hockey pucks. Time to give the young guys their shot.

esdoorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 10:17 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by esdoorn View Post
Whatever the Sens do they need to waive Kuba. He's in the last year of his contract. If he clears waivers than send him down until you can trade him for a bag of hockey pucks. Time to give the young guys their shot.
at half the price some teams may be interested. If Sens really want to make room that's what they would need to do

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 10:27 AM
playasRus

Quote:
Originally Posted by esdoorn View Post
Maybe it'll have the same effect on his as it did on Lee

playasRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 10:33 AM
Shanny
Coming In Hot

Michalek-Da Costa-Alfie are together today at practice....

Shanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 10:45 AM
Nabokov20
Karlsson for Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by playasRus View Post
Maybe it'll have the same effect on his as it did on Lee
wishful thinking at best

Nabokov20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 10:53 AM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Regin - Spezza - Condra
Greening - Zibanejad - Alfredsson
Filatov - Da Costa - Michalek
Foligno - Smith - Neil
Butler,Winchester
Konopka waived if Zibanejad and Da Costa stick

Cowen - Gonchar
Phillips - Karlsson
Kuba - Rundblad
Lee/Carkner
Move one of Lee/Carkner if Rundblad sticks

Anderson
Auld

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 10:58 AM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19sens11 View Post
Regin - Spezza - Condra
Greening - Zibanejad - Alfredsson
Filatov - Da Costa - Michalek
Foligno - Smith - Neil
Butler,Winchester
Konopka waived if Zibanejad and Da Costa stick

Cowen - Gonchar
Phillips - Karlsson
Kuba - Rundblad
Lee/Carkner
Move one of Lee/Carkner if Rundblad sticks

Anderson
Auld
I will personally give you $20 if the Ottawa Senators waive Zenon Konopka.

Sorry, not going to happen. Konopka > Winchester

Marvelous Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 11:02 AM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manked View Post
I will personally give you $20 if the Ottawa Senators waive Zenon Konopka.

Sorry, not going to happen. Konopka > Winchester
Disagree.

Old
10-01-2011, 11:03 AM
Powdered Toast Man
Is he a ham?

Quote:
Disagree.
Based on?

Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 11:07 AM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powdered Toast Man View Post
Based on?
More points, more goals in less games last year. His career high in points is double Konopka's. He is a better skater, better along the boards and better defensively.

Old
10-01-2011, 11:11 AM
H2O

Quote:

Didn't deserve to be put on waivers in the first place. It was just really bad management by Ottawa. I'm sure it had a lot to do with Clouston, glad he's gone.

H2O is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 11:17 AM
Powdered Toast Man
Is he a ham?

Quote:
More points, more goals in less games last year. His career high in points is double Konopka's. He is a better skater, better along the boards and better defensively.
I don't think any of those mean all that much when we are talking about our 12th forward. Kenopka can start contributing two seconds after he puts his skates on the ice with a big hit, fight or face-off win. Plus he is a better PKer. Winchester's talents are subject to diminishing returns the less time he gets, and the less talented his line-mates are. Kenopka doesn't have that problem. Winchester is better served taking the spot of an injured player.

Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 11:17 AM
Nabokov20
Karlsson for Chuck

I highly doubt either Konopka or Winchester will be waived. Worst case scenario is they sit in the press box or get traded. Injuries happen throughout the course of the season and these guys have valuable NHL experience.

Nabokov20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 11:27 AM
DefenseMinister

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O View Post
Didn't deserve to be put on waivers in the first place. It was just really bad management by Ottawa. I'm sure it had a lot to do with Clouston, glad he's gone.
Then I guess all the other GM's in the league are bad managers because none of them bothered to pick him up for the 50K it costs to make a waiver claim.

It was Clouston's decision to bench him but clearly Murray's to try and unload him. Let's not scapegoat and try and brush things under the rug. There was a good reason the Sens had been trying to dump Lee for the better part of a year.

Maybe no team wanting him when offered around the league for free served as the wakeup call Lee needed in order to apply himself and realize that he needed to stop pouting and take advantage of his opportunity when given to him and listen to the coaching staff.

Far more likely a scenario than Cory Clouston singlehandedly orchestrating a conspiracy in order to keep a great player out of the league.

DefenseMinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 11:29 AM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powdered Toast Man View Post
I don't think any of those mean all that much when we are talking about our 12th forward. Kenopka can start contributing two seconds after he puts his skates on the ice with a big hit, fight or face-off win. Plus he is a better PKer. Winchester's talents are subject to diminishing returns the less time he gets, and the less talented his line-mates are. Kenopka doesn't have that problem. Winchester is better served taking the spot of an injured player.
Konopka may be a better 4th liner, but like you said Winchester is a better injury replacement. Check out my lines and the only spot Konopka fits is on the fourth line with Neil and Smith. Winchester would be the better extra forward. And I disagree that he is a better PKer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabokov20 View Post
I highly doubt either Konopka or Winchester will be waived. Worst case scenario is they sit in the press box or get traded. Injuries happen throughout the course of the season and these guys have valuable NHL experience.
But without Hoffman and Daugavins, there is 15 forwards (Providing Zib and Da Costa stay). Someone has to go, as 14 forwards would be the max to carry.

Old
10-01-2011, 11:30 AM
DefenseMinister

Also, none of the players mentioned that are established NHL players (Kuba, Carkner, Winchester or Konopka) are going to be anywhere but on the Sens NHL roster to start the season. Expecting anything else is setting yourself up for disappointment.

Now which of these guys will actually suit up in games as opposed to sitting in the pressbox? That's the question that fans should be debating...

Old
10-01-2011, 11:32 AM
DefenseMinister

Quote:
But without Hoffman and Daugavins, there is 15 forwards (Providing Zib and Da Costa stay). Someone has to go, as 14 forwards would be the max to carry.
Hint: Assuming everyone's healthy, you will not see both of Zibanejad and Da Costa on the NHL roster. As it's almost a 100% given that Zibanejad will be given his 10 game tryout at the start of the year, you can make the next logical step on your own hopefully...

Old
10-01-2011, 11:39 AM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefenseMinister View Post
Hint: Assuming everyone's healthy, you will not see both of Zibanejad and Da Costa on the NHL roster. As it's almost a 100% given that Zibanejad will be given his 10 game tryout at the start of the year, you can make the next logical step on your own hopefully...
Very possible that he goes back to Sweden, and that's what I'm hoping for. But people have been going on about how great he's been. And what if he plays great in his 9 game stint?

They wouldn't give him that stint if he has zero chance of sticking with the team. I think that's pretty obvious.

Old
10-01-2011, 11:42 AM
DefenseMinister

Quote:
Very possible that he goes back to Sweden, and that's what I'm hoping for. But people have been going on about how great he's been. And what if he plays great in his 9 game stint?

They wouldn't give him that stint if he has zero chance of sticking with the team. I think that's pretty obvious.
They'll cross that bridge when they get to it but at least to start the season, if Regin's ready to go, Da Costa will almost assuredly start in the AHL.

Da Costa would then just be a phone call away if a) injuries inevitably pop up or b) after 10 games, Zibanejad struggles and they determine that he's better off to spend the year in Sweden.

Old
10-01-2011, 12:15 PM
SENSational Sens Fan

We just signed Konopka this offseason. I have a hard time seeing us turning around and waiving him all of a sudden.

SENSational Sens Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 12:17 PM
Ghost in the Shell
#WeLikeOurKarlssons

Carkner is still dealing with his knee surgery, so it looks like Rundblad might get a spot by default for now.

Ghost in the Shell is offline   Reply With Quote