HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The History of Hockey
The History of Hockey Relive great moments in hockey history and discuss how the game has changed over time.

Sven Tumba is dead

Old
10-01-2011, 06:16 AM
Fredrik_71

vCash: 500
Sven Tumba is dead

One of the greatest swedes ever passed away tonight, Sven Tumba. He represented sweden in three different sports and has the goal record for the national hockey team. He was one of the first europeans trying out for a NHL team, Boston. He played one game for Boston against the Ranger. The game ended 1-1 with Tumba scoring for Boston.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sven_Tumba
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=2114

Fredrik_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 06:30 AM
Kshahdoo

"I don't think the Bruins accepted me and I'm sure it was because of a practical joke I played on them one day. I saw that they all joked around with each other in the dressing room and I liked that. I wanted very much to be a part of it. I noticed they all put their false teeth in little cups before a game or practice When they went on the ice I sneaked back into the room and switched all the teeth around. Did they laugh at my little prank? No, were they ever mad. From then on it was very cool between us. A few days later the manager took me aside and told me he was sending me back to Sweden".

Kshahdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 09:24 AM
justsomeguy

http://www.iihf.com/home-of-hockey/n...html?tx_ttnews[backPid]=955&cHash=0c468a4a86

justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 03:00 PM
tombombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshahdoo View Post
"I don't think the Bruins accepted me and I'm sure it was because of a practical joke I played on them one day. I saw that they all joked around with each other in the dressing room and I liked that. I wanted very much to be a part of it. I noticed they all put their false teeth in little cups before a game or practice When they went on the ice I sneaked back into the room and switched all the teeth around. Did they laugh at my little prank? No, were they ever mad. From then on it was very cool between us. A few days later the manager took me aside and told me he was sending me back to Sweden".
hilarious. Sad news, ts. Thanks for the post.

tombombadil is offline   Reply With Quote