HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pre-Season Game #7: at St. Louis, 10/01 (1:30 PM)

Old
10-01-2011, 04:03 PM
Alistar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank View Post
Vincour!!!!

Isn't St. Louis suppose to be winning this one?
Just looking at the Blues' roster let's not get too ahead of ourselves. Berglund, Stewart, Backes, Langenbrunner, Arnott, Pietrangelo, and Jackman all out of the lineup. So let's not pretend that this was their best and brightest besides playing Halak in net.

That being said it was a great victory for the Stars' depth players against similarly composed team from St. Louis. Really it was the perfect ending to a preseason where the 3rd and 4th liners for Dallas and the guys from the AHL made great impressions. We can be excited about finally having a team that likely won't lose all of it's steam in March and April when the injuries pile up.

***MacDonald too. Knew I was forgetting someone from that forward group.

Alistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 04:12 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

vCash: 1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistar View Post
Just looking at the Blues' roster let's not get too ahead of ourselves. Berglund, Stewart, Backes, Langenbrunner, Arnott, Pietrangelo, and Jackman all out of the lineup.
Surely having Langs in the line up would've helped us even more....right?

Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs - 1997 to 2011 - WPHL Champions 1998, 1999, 2000 - CHL Champions 2011
Stars99Lobo37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 04:12 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

vCash: 746
If Vincour makes the team he'll probably start on the 3rd line. The organization has made it clear they believe Ott is a top 6 player and are going to give him every opportunity to prove that. Vincour may jump up if things aren't working and Gulu wants a better checking 3rd line, but keep in mind Benn is very good on Faceoffs yet, and moving Ott off his line creates a problem there.

I'm sure things will be switched around a lot mid season or with injuries anyways. Vincour will probably see top 6 time at some point, but I think he'll play bottom 6 more often than not.

MetalGodAOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 04:20 PM
piqued
Global Moderator
go

vCash: 27750
Vincour had an excellent preseason last year as well and then hardly scored at all in either the AHL or NHL. I'm still of the opinion that he should prove he's able to produce in the AHL first before he makes the team. The fact that he's had another good preseason is nice and encouraging, but ultimately shouldn't make much difference in terms of the make-up of the team if everyone's healthy. Is the team better if Vincour is playing and Petersen isn't? Probably. Is that best for Vincour's long-range development? Probably not.

I don't think the organization is happy with Barch at all. The signing of Godard is proof of that. If Barch didn't have that contract and/or we had an owner it would've been him getting waived.

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 04:45 PM
TheFerenceWheel
Darmok.

Hey guys, Bruins fan here. Just wondering how our old friend Michael Ryder has done thus far in the postseason?

TheFerenceWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 04:48 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

vCash: 1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFerenceWheel View Post
Hey guys, Bruins fan here. Just wondering how our old friend Michael Ryder has done thus far in the postseason?
Very well.

Stars99Lobo37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 05:00 PM
piqued
Global Moderator
go

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFerenceWheel View Post
He looks like the answer to the right-shooting right wing problem we've had for at least 3 years.

Old
10-01-2011, 05:41 PM
Bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistar View Post
Just looking at the Blues' roster let's not get too ahead of ourselves. Berglund, Stewart, Backes, Langenbrunner, Arnott, Pietrangelo, and Jackman all out of the lineup. So let's not pretend that this was their best and brightest besides playing Halak in net.
It wasn't an attempt to make the victory in to the second best thing next to the cup, but i thought St. Louis was supposed to be the better roster tonight. I was just surpriced with the lack of effort from the Blues. When you got home-ice and some sort of fan-arrangement you'd think they'd try to be the better roster at least.

Looking over the rosters I see your point though

Bank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 06:21 PM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars99Lobo37 View Post
Very well.
Wait til he disappears for 10 games at a time

BMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 06:38 PM
piqued
Global Moderator
go

Let's see how he does playing with much better linemates.

Old
10-01-2011, 06:41 PM
Brand New Stars

I could easily see Ryder completely rejuvenated by playing with Ribs.

Brand New Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 08:02 PM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
Vincour had an excellent preseason last year as well and then hardly scored at all in either the AHL or NHL. I'm still of the opinion that he should prove he's able to produce in the AHL first before he makes the team. The fact that he's had another good preseason is nice and encouraging, but ultimately shouldn't make much difference in terms of the make-up of the team if everyone's healthy. Is the team better if Vincour is playing and Petersen isn't? Probably. Is that best for Vincour's long-range development? Probably not.

I don't think the organization is happy with Barch at all. The signing of Godard is proof of that. If Barch didn't have that contract and/or we had an owner it would've been him getting waived.
Well said. Ultimately, I don't think he adds so much to the NHL team that it's worth risking his long term potential.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote