HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Bournival and Gallagher returned to their junior team

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-30-2011, 04:53 PM
  #51
montreal
Time to Get Down
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Hungary
Posts: 23,272
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Have you even seen him play? Guy has bust written all over him.
no the empty brothers are way better then the bust brothers, everyone knows they stink. I heard that the dad of the empty brothers said that the 4th brother is actually the best of the bunch.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 05:10 PM
  #52
Protest the Hero
Registered User
 
Protest the Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,383
vCash: 500
Gallagher was already high on my list of guys I was excited about. Bournival, Archambault, and especially Ellis all elevated my opinion about them.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 10:09 PM
  #53
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,692
vCash: 500
Not surprising since the only thing they were waited for, was an ordinairy performance. They weren't getting it, so they'd put him with Desharnais and Kosty and got their wish. He was NEVER going to play here. There are things called contracts and unmovable guys that are playing for our team. No room for him.

Tons of room for Engqvist though...at least, till Eller comes back. At this point, I'm almost more eager to see Eller come back than Markov....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 06:45 AM
  #54
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,734
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Not surprising since the only thing they were waited for, was an ordinairy performance. They weren't getting it, so they'd put him with Desharnais and Kosty and got their wish. He was NEVER going to play here. There are things called contracts and unmovable guys that are playing for our team. No room for him.

Tons of room for Engqvist though...at least, till Eller comes back. At this point, I'm almost more eager to see Eller come back than Markov....
Whitesnake, you're operating purely off of emotion here. He wasn't ready but management was rewarding him for his play by keeping up longer than any of the other guys.

A good pre-season does not an NHL-er make.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 08:15 AM
  #55
onemorecup*
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 2,062
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaMMuT View Post
I really dont think Gallagher is NHL ready yet anyways, but I really liked his style of play. I'm sure in 2-3 years he's gonna be sick
kid played well , correct 2-3 years , once Gio and Cammy are out of their contracts
he could make the jump

he is like Joey Mullen , bot the biggest or fastest but smart with hands and vision

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 08:52 AM
  #56
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Whitesnake, you're operating purely off of emotion here. He wasn't ready but management was rewarding him for his play by keeping up longer than any of the other guys.

A good pre-season does not an NHL-er make.
Not sure emotion has anything to do with that. He was not going to play here no matter how good he plays. That's my comment. Pretty rational if you ask me.

A good preseason CLEARLY does not make you an NHL'er....Seems that an awful preseason does though....Now, THAT's emotion...

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 09:25 AM
  #57
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,734
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Not sure emotion has anything to do with that. He was not going to play here no matter how good he plays. That's my comment. Pretty rational if you ask me.

A good preseason CLEARLY does not make you an NHL'er....Seems that an awful preseason does though....Now, THAT's emotion...
If Gallagher was to make the team. He was going to have to put points on the board. He showed some smarts offensively and got his opportunities, but he did not put the actual results on board for it to be impossible to send him down.

It'll be good for him.

and Re: Engqvist.

All he had to do was a be a positive in the face-off circle and not be embarassed playing defence.

He did what he had to do to secure a spot on the team. Gallagher had to beat out a player in the top 9. While you could arguably say he deserves it over Desharnais.. Gallagher has some developing to do and we'd be wasting an asset in Desharnais at this point in his career.


Last edited by overlords: 10-01-2011 at 09:31 AM.
WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 11:32 AM
  #58
golgoXIII
Registered User
 
golgoXIII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 285
vCash: 500
i really like what Bournival did in the pre season games , and he already score 7 goals in 3 games in the junior ... do you think guys he could become a top 6 player or i'll probably be a 3rd-4th line grinder???

HF put him at the 18th spot on the habs prospect list do you think it's a little bit low ???

golgoXIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 01:18 PM
  #59
ruski17
Registered User
 
ruski17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 855
vCash: 500
Gallagher's just gonna get better in Junior. If the habs were a bottom feeding team. He might of made it, but no point in rushing him. He'll probably play in the WJC and there he'll be able to grow as a player a lot and get much better.

Hopefully Bournival makes the team too, he's got something special in him that makes him a good player. He's the type of player that coaches love and teams win championships with.

ruski17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 01:39 PM
  #60
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski17 View Post
Gallagher's just gonna get better in Junior. If the habs were a bottom feeding team. He might of made it, but no point in rushing him. He'll probably play in the WJC and there he'll be able to grow as a player a lot and get much better.

Hopefully Bournival makes the team too, he's got something special in him that makes him a good player. He's the type of player that coaches love and teams win championships with.
Come on....Gallagher is not going to get better in Juniors, he was already dominating it before. The only good experience for him will be the Worlds. Sending him back is not about making him better in Juniors...it's thinking he can't take the extra step. So for them, he's better in Juniors....but it's not about improving. If they had a choice, he would have been send in Hamilton.

Bournival though could improve his scoring skills in Juniors, that I have no doubt. He'll have to become great 2-way in the upcoming seasons but that comes with a BIG offensive season and a World presence as well.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 01:53 PM
  #61
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 14,091
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Come on....Gallagher is not going to get better in Juniors, he was already dominating it before. The only good experience for him will be the Worlds. Sending him back is not about making him better in Juniors...it's thinking he can't take the extra step. So for them, he's better in Juniors....but it's not about improving. If they had a choice, he would have been send in Hamilton.

Bournival though could improve his scoring skills in Juniors, that I have no doubt. He'll have to become great 2-way in the upcoming seasons but that comes with a BIG offensive season and a World presence as well.
no, it's thinking he isnt ready -> YET

and there's NOTHING they can do about it.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 01:57 PM
  #62
macavoy
Registered User
 
macavoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7,170
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Come on....Gallagher is not going to get better in Juniors, he was already dominating it before. The only good experience for him will be the Worlds. Sending him back is not about making him better in Juniors...it's thinking he can't take the extra step. So for them, he's better in Juniors....but it's not about improving. If they had a choice, he would have been send in Hamilton.
Its also about letting him mature mentally. I mean he's pretty mature already, more than most. But I've seen too many young players ruined because they were given too much too soon and they don't appreciate it enough to put the hard work in to get through slumps and rough stretches.

You need to keep them down a bit, to keep them hungry, to make them value their skill and what it takes to be a professional.

We didn't get to see Avtsin play but Gallagher looks better than him, showing that he's closer to being ready even though he's younger. A big part of that is confidence imo, Avtsin has struggled putting up points in the AHL. I can see Gallagher surpassing Avtsin and I think their developments paths are part of the reason.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 02:05 PM
  #63
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
no, it's thinking he isnt ready -> YET

and there's NOTHING they can do about it.
Isn't it what I said? Not being able to take the extra step and not being ready...sorry, it's the same.

My Hamilton comment was about the fact that sending back in Juniors is not about improving. 'Cause if they would have had the choice, they would have thought he could really improve in Hamilton. Playing against better players.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 02:34 PM
  #64
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 14,091
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Isn't it what I said? Not being able to take the extra step and not being ready...sorry, it's the same.

My Hamilton comment was about the fact that sending back in Juniors is not about improving. 'Cause if they would have had the choice, they would have thought he could really improve in Hamilton. Playing against better players.
No and No.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 02:42 PM
  #65
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,236
vCash: 500
If Gallagher was 6'0 - 190 pounds and + , he would still be on the team.

Too many small guys on the top-nine.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 02:50 PM
  #66
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis
 
Blind Gardien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Four Winds Bar
Country: France
Posts: 18,695
vCash: 500
Liked Gallagher and Bournival in camp. They got more of a late look than they might otherwise have, but still looked good. I think it was a no-brainer they went back, both have steps to take at the junior level. Plus I'd rather keep the space on the pro contracts tally, for now.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 02:51 PM
  #67
XperHFB
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 573
vCash: 500
The right move would have been to make him experience what is a real NHL game and then send him back to his junior team so he can know how much he needs to improve to play in the NHL and on what to work on.

XperHFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 04:04 PM
  #68
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,734
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by XperHFB View Post
The right move would have been to make him experience what is a real NHL game and then send him back to his junior team so he can know how much he needs to improve to play in the NHL and on what to work on.
He got that in pre-season.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 05:22 PM
  #69
S Bah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 3,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
He got that in pre-season.
Pre-season was used as it should be,evaluating the prospects that are the future Habs.Now they have had a good taste to whet their appetites.

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 06:27 PM
  #70
montreal
Time to Get Down
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Hungary
Posts: 23,272
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgoXIII View Post
i really like what Bournival did in the pre season games , and he already score 7 goals in 3 games in the junior ... do you think guys he could become a top 6 player or i'll probably be a 3rd-4th line grinder???

HF put him at the 18th spot on the habs prospect list do you think it's a little bit low ???
i have only seen Bournival a couple times but I think his upside is a 2nd liner that stands a good chance of at least being a bottom 6 NHLer. I put him at 6th on my top 25.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 10:50 PM
  #71
sammy d
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 515
vCash: 500
Gallagher has potential however no spot for him now, what line would he play on? No use having him play on the 4th, only way he could play on the 3rd is if he replaces Desharnis. Give him a couple of years, besides there is absolutely no way we need more small players. You know what a team of small skilled forwards equals, the Oilers, and look how their doing.

sammy d is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:43 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.