HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alexander Radulov - Not returning for 2011-12 season

Old
09-30-2011, 10:57 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

vCash: 500
Dmitry Chesnokov
Some of these Radulov speculations are truly ridiculous. Radulov to SKA - most likely: he resides in SPB; KHL (Medvedev) won't let him go

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:26 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
So what you're saying is no GM EVER traded up to get the prospect they thought they needed? Or maybe there was some guy named Eberle who was available instead of Pickard? The old guard of this forum has no imagination or creativity. What myself, and others, have asked is that management back up the words they have said and they haven't. We, as paying customers, deserve to have what management promised us. Oh wait I am being too radical for you. Better shut up now since I am ranting.
There are 193 drafted players that Poile could have taken in 2008 in stead of Pickard. He could have taken Anton Gufstasson or Greg Nemisz as well as Eberle ... but, drafts are such an exact science which is why so many draft picks meet expectations ... except that they don't. Poile took a highly rated goalie who so far hasn't panned out ... it happens to every team. Proposing drafting Eberle in June of 2008 would not have been a reaction to the departure of Radulov and he was only ready to make the Oilers last season ... so there still would have been two full seasons of needing an "equivalent player" for the departed Russian ... or the same hope as there is with Wilson.

Trades, no matter how much you don't like to admit it, require the other side to be willing to accept what you'd want to give up. See the Richards and Carter trades where we had plenty of defensive prospects to offer but the Flyers admitted to wanting offensive players ... we were in the hunt, but didn't have the right assets to complete the deal.

"Would have", "could have", "should have" world isn't reality ... one day you'll come to realize that. Unless you're the one working in the Preds front office in a position to make these deals, you have no control over them so there is no good in worrying about what would have happened "if only we'd done X".

Complain away and assign some more labels ... those do seem to be your talents. I'll be looking forward to the start of the regular season and enjoying the action on the ice ... it's a nice diversion from the real world some of us live in.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:43 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Alright, both sides have had plenty to say and shoved hard enough this morning. Knock it off!!!

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 01:58 PM
predfan98

edited and deleted...

Last edited by predfan98: 09-30-2011 at 02:02 PM. Reason: didn't see your post slake.
predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 05:08 PM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
Rads is such a baby. I've been watching him consistently in the KHL for the past 2 years. You don't want this guy. He whines to refs like a little girl, throws fits on the ice, yells at his own players (or shakes head) if they miss a pass. This guy thinks he is God over their or something. He is the Crosbaby of Russian hockey. Primadonna little bi**h!!
you forgot the part about him putting the puck in the net

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 05:11 PM
Predsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Alright, both sides have had plenty to say and shoved hard enough this morning. Knock it off!!!
but dad she started it

Predsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 08:47 PM
VladNYC

Oh look, now there are rumors today of him going to SKA. Who, oh who, could have predicted something like that?

VladNYC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 10:54 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by VladNYC View Post
Oh look, now there are rumors today of him going to SKA. Who, oh who, could have predicted something like that?
That's like pointing out there's rumors of any given NHL free agent going to the Rangers or the Maple Leafs. If every player rumored to go to SKA actually went there, there wouldn't be enough players to stock the rosters of the rest of the KHL.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 11:35 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
. If you wanna know the inside rumor, it is that he is going to SKA St.Petersburg.
Quote:
So saying that the rumor is that he is going to SKA is the same as predicting a rumor that he will go to SKA? Seems to me like you're just repeating yourself honestly. No pats on the back from me

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 05:04 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
you guys are idiots if you don't want him back. We moan and groan about a top 6 option and what it will cost. It costs us 900k if he came back. I don't care that he left at this point, he did what he thought was best for him, right, wrong, or indifferent.

I used to think this way too. But after reading all the details of this latest twist in the situation (Puck Daddy has a good article: http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...rn=nhl-wp13724 ), I'm starting to change my mind.

Radulov sounds like the same spoiled little ***** he's always been. The crap he's pulling with his current team right now is totally unprofessional and completely detrimental and distracting to his team. Do we want to bring him back over here and have him throw a fit and desert the team again if Trotz doesn't give him the power play time he thinks he deserves, or plays him on a line he doesn't prefer?

I used to want to take him back under any circumstances, but now I see him more as trade bait. I'd hoped maybe he'd grown up a LITTLE bit in the past few years but it doesn't sound like it.

Edit for people who don't want to read the linked article: He went to play in Ovechkin's charity game without permission from his team and without even talking to them about it and was therefore fined. Then him and some other prima donna on his team skipped a regular season game. Rads is also pissed that he was placed on the third line for a preseason game. People started tweeting him about it, and none other than Evgeni Malkin himself asked Rads why he hasn't been playing lately. Rads replied with, according to PuckDaddy, "Mal [addressing Malkin] the coach is [getting on my nerves--the real word used is not for this blog], I am asking for a trade." The tweet has since been deleted.

Apparently the Russian word he used that PD didn't want to quote was very close to our f-bomb. What an unprofessional idiot.

Last edited by AEM6729: 10-01-2011 at 05:34 PM.
AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 05:15 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
I used to think this way too. But after reading all the details of this latest twist in the situation (Puck Daddy has a good article: http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...rn=nhl-wp13724 ), I'm starting to change my mind.

Radulov sounds like the same spoiled little ***** he's always been. The crap he's pulling with his current team right now is totally unprofessional and completely detrimental and distracting to his team. Do we want to bring him back over here and have him throw a fit and desert the team again if Trotz doesn't give him the power play time he thinks he deserves, or plays him on a line he doesn't prefer?

I used to want to take him back under any circumstances, but now I see him more as trade bait. I'd hoped maybe he'd grown up a LITTLE bit in the past few years but it doesn't sound like it.
Certainly there are concerns of his character. But that's up to mgmt to figure out and assess (they have way more info than us). Chris Progner has had problems with teammates and has demanded trades (though a little more professional) but he also takes teams deep in the playoffs.

Even if Mgmt thinks his "character" is not a good fit for the team, they shouldn't trade him until he is in North American and committed to the NHL-- his value will be much higher.

Last edited by dulzhok: 10-01-2011 at 05:31 PM.
dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 05:32 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
Certainly there are concerns of his character. But that's up to mgmt to figure out and assess (they have way more info than us). Chris Progner has had problems with teammates and has demanded trades (though a little more professional) but he also takes teams deep in the playoffs.

Even if Mgmt thinks his "character" is not a good fit for the team, they shouldn't trade him until he is in North American and committed to the NHL-- his value will be much higher.
I think the word "committed" is the problem here. Based on what we've seen from Radulov in the NHL and now also in the KHL, he will never be committed to anything.

Old
10-01-2011, 05:41 PM
Nitrous Mafia

::: gasps :::

There are unprofessional yet productive athletes in this world????

They will never find work!

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 05:42 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
I think the word "committed" is the problem here. Based on what we've seen from Radulov in the NHL and now also in the KHL, he will never be committed to anything.
Except maybe an asylum...

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 08:07 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by brah View Post
::: gasps :::

There are unprofessional yet productive athletes in this world????

They will never find work!
This is the first NHLer I've ever seen publicly hate on his coach and request a trade via Twitter. You gotta admit that's pretty bad.

Old
10-02-2011, 08:00 AM
token grinder

Quote:
This is the first NHLer I've ever seen publicly hate on his coach and request a trade via Twitter. You gotta admit that's pretty bad.
i love the candidness. i hate the pc guys, witht hte coach speak and player speak. a little personality, good or bad, isn't a bad thing.

not saying what he did was right, but i like the fact that it is a soap opera for all to see. who knows, he may have tried diplomacy and was tod to get back in line fr his potatoes. it was clearly an effective ay to get his message heard.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 07:25 PM
WartracePred

According to the KHL's website, Radulov played 17+ minutes in 19 shifts for Salavat Yulaev earlier today. His minutes were 2nd highest among the forwards on the team. Sounds like Radulov and his coach/team have reached some accord, if only for now.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 07:45 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

For all the Radulov hate around here, we overlook a lot of the extenuating circumstances. It is pretty publicly known that the KHL has missed payments, etc. I would imagine things like that plus issues with the coach and organization would harbor some pretty negative emotions, and rightfully so.

And for the record, he still made an idiotic and immature decision by leaving Nashville.