HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

**Official** NHL 12 EASHL Teams Thread:

Closed Thread

Old
10-01-2011, 04:55 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Wats refused to join for time being. You guys shouldn't take it personal. It's a matter of chemistry really. Me and bekbe have a lot of it and we decided to go forward with a new club. I like playing with CS, hannibal, JB and the others, even the guys like allurey who dont post much. Just no chemistry cuz its a rotation of guys and it's frustrating.
Never did take it personal. I'll rib you from time to time, but no feelings were hurt.

Just next time, when NHL 13 comes out, form your club with Bekbe from the start. Nothing more frustrating then seeing everyone join up and get all excited and have fun, only to see things split up after just one month. You guys already knew this from NHL 11, so it's not like it was a surprise that there would be a rotation of players or lack of chemistry between some.

Old
10-01-2011, 04:56 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Ouch, you guys died? Sorry to hear.

Btw I have one spot in the Habs pool (with 19 ppl already signed up). Draft is tomorrow at 6PM. Someone left yesterday without telling me. I'm looking for 1 more member, message me if you are interested.

Old
10-01-2011, 05:26 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Never did take it personal. I'll rib you from time to time, but no feelings were hurt.

Just next time, when NHL 13 comes out, form your club with Bekbe from the start. Nothing more frustrating then seeing everyone join up and get all excited and have fun, only to see things split up after just one month. You guys already knew this from NHL 11, so it's not like it was a surprise that there would be a rotation of players or lack of chemistry between some.
I don't think it was the intent to be honest. Last year we formed WET to win elite. This year we just want to be elite. I don't care if we lose playoffs or whatever. I just find HF Habs is too good of a team to be PRO. It's frustrating because we all know eachother, a lot of us have a mic and communicate in-game and out of game and we all get along, then we screw up in game. I think people consider it like i'm trying to kill your fun. It's not the intent at all. People mistake us for people who think winning is all you need to do to have fun. Nah, we just wanna be competitive. I hate losing for stupid plays. You hear me a lot of times on the mic laughing when we get a penalty or get scored on, cuz it happens, you hook a guy while forechecking 1 on 1, dude, it's fine, you were trying to get a breakaway, i'll laugh at bad luck and it was a good play though, even tripping on a breakaway, it's life. I don't understand doing hipchecks to guys without pucks when we're down 1 goal. It's hilarious, I'll say that much, but focus on winning then save the trolling for when you're in a position to play as a troll or whatever. Case in point, WTFp. We all know he trolls on the ice, he's a former master of hits from behind, but when we play to win, the guy is the most disciplined guy on the team. Anyway, I know it seems like I'm taking a shot at you guys but it's not the case. I know very very well if I asked you, or hanni or JB or whoever to join the team, you'd play solid D, or FWD. There's no doubt in my mind. I even spoke to bekbe this morning about wanting to add the HF regulars only. The first guys I thought of were the obvious, Watsatheo, you, hanni, JB and allurey. You're the most active, then there's guys like eki and fel, who are active but it's fair to say you guys play more. Problem is, I add you, I add hanni, then I add JB, then I add extras and extras and we're a 20 man team.

Old
10-01-2011, 05:36 PM
Bud2790

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
So, LL starts a new club again and he takes all of our best offensive players with him. Hooray. It's NHL11 all over again.
It's just a video game....you're supposed to play for fun

Old
10-01-2011, 05:49 PM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

I predict HF Habs will out perform Lyricals new team.

Remember just one thing....

When no one thinks you can do it..... DUCKS FLY TOGETHER!!!!!

Old
10-01-2011, 05:56 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Quote:
I don't think it was the intent to be honest. Last year we formed WET to win elite. This year we just want to be elite. I don't care if we lose playoffs or whatever. I just find HF Habs is too good of a team to be PRO. It's frustrating because we all know eachother, a lot of us have a mic and communicate in-game and out of game and we all get along, then we screw up in game. I think people consider it like i'm trying to kill your fun. It's not the intent at all. People mistake us for people who think winning is all you need to do to have fun. Nah, we just wanna be competitive. I hate losing for stupid plays. You hear me a lot of times on the mic laughing when we get a penalty or get scored on, cuz it happens, you hook a guy while forechecking 1 on 1, dude, it's fine, you were trying to get a breakaway, i'll laugh at bad luck and it was a good play though, even tripping on a breakaway, it's life. I don't understand doing hipchecks to guys without pucks when we're down 1 goal. It's hilarious, I'll say that much, but focus on winning then save the trolling for when you're in a position to play as a troll or whatever. Case in point, WTFp. We all know he trolls on the ice, he's a former master of hits from behind, but when we play to win, the guy is the most disciplined guy on the team. Anyway, I know it seems like I'm taking a shot at you guys but it's not the case. I know very very well if I asked you, or hanni or JB or whoever to join the team, you'd play solid D, or FWD. There's no doubt in my mind. I even spoke to bekbe this morning about wanting to add the HF regulars only. The first guys I thought of were the obvious, Watsatheo, you, hanni, JB and allurey. You're the most active, then there's guys like eki and fel, who are active but it's fair to say you guys play more. Problem is, I add you, I add hanni, then I add JB, then I add extras and extras and we're a 20 man team.
LOL in no way am I pissed at you guys, nor am I turning my back to you all on our buddy system. Just found it weird that you left the team saying you were tired of losing one then winning one, when you knew that was the pattern we witnessed last year. Honestly though, when I played D I would notice the sick chemistry you and Bekbe had and WTF plays an excellent two-way game with anyone he plays with.

Anyways, keep up the good work. Post the link to your team's page so we can all keep track.

Old
10-01-2011, 06:36 PM
Bud2790

Anyone going to be on tonight? Kevin should be on around 9:30 he told me and I'll also be on after the game, so around that time.

Old
10-01-2011, 06:39 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
LOL in no way am I pissed at you guys, nor am I turning my back to you all on our buddy system. Just found it weird that you left the team saying you were tired of losing one then winning one, when you knew that was the pattern we witnessed last year. Honestly though, when I played D I would notice the sick chemistry you and Bekbe had and WTF plays an excellent two-way game with anyone he plays with.

Anyways, keep up the good work. Post the link to your team's page so we can all keep track.
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/c.../20297/members

We've already had our epic moments in our short existence.

A team called canadians suck, (not canadiEns) ends up against us, in the lobby they start saying "canada sucks" yada yada. I asked them to do me a favour, I told them not to quit. "We won't quit, don't worry". Yah, they didn't quit, they just got hammered 9-1. Buckng dominated.

Old
10-01-2011, 06:45 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud2790 View Post
It's just a video game....you're supposed to play for fun
That's what we still do. As for me, i prefer to be competitive in real life than in a video game.

Old
10-01-2011, 06:46 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
That's what we still do. As for me, i prefer to be competitive in real life than in a video game.
Or both.

Old
10-01-2011, 06:49 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Or both.
Honestly, i just don't care if i'm not competitive in a video game. As long as i have fun. There's nothing serious about a video game. Guess, what, if i end my day with one loss with the club or missing the elite division, i'm still gonna sleep at night. It's just a game.

Old
10-01-2011, 06:55 PM
Bud2790

Quote:
Honestly, i just don't care if i'm not competitive in a video game. As long as i have fun. There's nothing serious about a video game. Guess, what, if i end my day with one loss with the club or missing the elite division, i'm still gonna sleep at night. It's just a game.
Slogan is it's in the game, not it's just a game..

And why post a sarcastic comment about LL stealing your top players if you don't care?

Old
10-01-2011, 06:59 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:

And why post a sarcastic comment about LL stealing your top players if you don't care?
How does that slogan take away anything from what he said? People have differing opinion regarding their expectation from a video game.

Old
10-01-2011, 07:06 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:

Ok, i made a mistake about the slogan, my bad.

I made the post, 'cause yeah it sucks that he takes all of our best players, but show me the part where i say that i will not have fun anymore playing with my boys? Show me.

And it makes me laugh how the guys here, who are "good" on nhl, always want to be right haha! It's like: "I'm good on NHL, show me respect, i'm a boss"

Old
10-01-2011, 07:18 PM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

You guys are funny. lol keeps me entertained.

Old
10-01-2011, 07:49 PM
dronald

Quote:
Ok, i made a mistake about the slogan, my bad.

I made the post, 'cause yeah it sucks that he takes all of our best players, but show me the part where i say that i will not have fun anymore playing with my boys? Show me.

And it makes me laugh how the guys here, who are "good" on nhl, always want to be right haha! It's like: "I'm good on NHL, show me respect, i'm a boss"
It just seems you were complaining about what happend. Now it seems you don't really care because you were caught complaining.

Plus it can be fun to be competitive in a game, time you stop knockin other peoples fun because your definition of, "fun" is different.

Old
10-01-2011, 08:06 PM
One Trick Pony

Why play a game if your goal isn't to win? You want the participation trophy?

Come on, you can't tell me losing is fun..

Old
10-01-2011, 11:51 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Back into Elite after a solid night tonight.

Old
10-01-2011, 11:58 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
Back into Elite after a solid night tonight.
Motivated

Old
10-02-2011, 12:08 AM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Motivated
Since when I wrote that, we went to #1 Pro and now we're sitting at #9 Pro. Things change so fast.

Old
10-02-2011, 12:26 AM
Bud2790

Playing as a tough guy in drop in with Joel. First game I score 5, including 4 garbage goals and 1 really nice one (by my standards anyways lol). Next game, game misconduct in the 1st period haha!

Old
10-02-2011, 03:25 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
Since when I wrote that, we went to #1 Pro and now we're sitting at #9 Pro. Things change so fast.
I think it's because it's start of season. We were 78th or so elite at one point and we stopped playing for a few hours. We dropped to Pro.

Old
10-02-2011, 11:13 AM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

CS why did you leave?

Old
10-02-2011, 12:27 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
The second all systems are go, we're both on the same team and we're waiting to start the game, the entire family woke up all at once. Both kids running in asking for brunch, baby crying and screaming, wife calling for me to help. The forces of the world just decided that it was not time to play.

Old
10-02-2011, 12:58 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
The second all systems are go, we're both on the same team and we're waiting to start the game, the entire family woke up all at once. Both kids running in asking for brunch, baby crying and screaming, wife calling for me to help. The forces of the world just decided that it was not time to play.
A.k.a why the rest of us should appreciate our free (NHL) time and not take it for granted

Closed Thread