HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

01-10-2011 - Habs vs Bolts Colisee Pepsi, Quebec City, 7pm RDS

Closed Thread

Old
10-01-2011, 07:46 PM
x74Pacioretty74x

vCash: 500
ArponBasu just told me Eller will need a strong week at practice to be in the opening night lineup and then MAGodin said that he is even a stretch to play Vs Winnipeg........

Old
10-01-2011, 07:47 PM
googlymoogly

If Gomez gets back to his old ways and Eller improves Habs should do well this year with three good centers.

Old
10-01-2011, 07:48 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
If Gomez gets back to his old ways and Eller improves Habs should do well this year with three good centers.
Hmm... Where did I heard that?

Oh yhea. Here. The whole damn summer :-D

Old
habsfan44life

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan44life View Post
Just saw a picture of max pacioretty with maxim afinogenov and Ekaterina Afinogenova maxs wife
gorgeous girl doesn't look like maxim thats for surehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/68160903@N02/6201679334/
Diaz has alot of potential for sure

Old
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

why is yemelin a scratch?

Old
10-01-2011, 07:49 PM
Andy

Can someone please explain the Diaz hate to me?

Old
10-01-2011, 07:50 PM
habfan1968

vCash: 400
33.3% of the game won already, nice.
Legs looking a little better tonight.
Nice to have an NHL goalie in nets!

Old
10-01-2011, 07:52 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Diaz looks good, I'm just not a big fan of his skating. Seems pretty choppy.

As for Diaz vs. Yemelin, I still like Yemelin better personally.

Old
kassian
Emelin's face plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Because people expect everyone to be a hitting machine. Diaz is a good player. He has no visible flaws so far.

Old
SB164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4life74 View Post
ArponBasu just told me Eller will need a strong week at practice to be in the opening night lineup and then MAGodin said that he is even a stretch to play Vs Winnipeg........
Are you zackcook744?

Old
10-01-2011, 07:53 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
He looked damn good in this period.

Old
10-01-2011, 07:53 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan1968 View Post
33.3% of the game won already, nice.
Legs looking a little better tonight.
Nice to have an NHL goalie in nets!
Okay. Let me teach you something.

A hockey game has 3 periods. 1 has passed. We still have to come ahead of 2 more periods before calling this a victory.

Now get outside, turn three times on yourself and spit. That's an anti-jinx

Old
10-01-2011, 07:54 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastRide View Post
I think I will have to put it away until then..
Hey Ride, you can always put up Bambi again, Habs fans get all the news. Seriously, lucky catch & you may be all mask & crap, but have kids like all of us... :-) Or at least need to walk dogs ... :-)

Old
10-01-2011, 07:55 PM
Gainey#1*

I have to say...I need to vent...but hear me out.

I am EXTREMELY disappointed and confused with several decisions being made:

1) Our defense has to be the softest in the league. They will be get run over and dominated down-low by 75% of teams. Diaz, Spacek, Gorges, Campoli are all small and provide zero-grit. Our only physical presence on the blueline is Subban, and even then, that is not his go-to game.
I have no clue why Yemelin and Weber are being jerked around. Yemelin fills a glaring weakness on our team, that can't be overlooked.

2) I never thought we would be softer than last year...but we have ZERO physical presence in our line-up. I realize Moen/White are injured, but there is no guarantee the will even play when healthy.

3) What is with Erik Cole? Is JM serious pairing him with Darche and Desharnais? He goes from playing with Skinner and Staal in Carolina to two journeymen? Total dis-respect.

This is our last pre-season game, which makes me tend to believe that this is what our line-up will look like come Thursday. If Cole was going to play with Plek/Cammy...he would be on a line with them tonight to try and build chemistry.

As for the 4th line..it should serve a purpose. It should be gritty and be able to change the momentum of games. We have a make-shift 4th line that is simply thrown together with no thought. Weber/Enqvsit/Palushaj?

Seriously?

Anyways...I have a bad feeling. I sure hope this is not a sign of things to come this year...we are going to be pushed around, especially in our own zone like we have never seen before.

Old
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodson Hoggs View Post
Because people expect everyone to be a hitting machine. Diaz is a good player. He has no visible flaws so far.
He gets beat 1v1 a lot. He still needs to work on the defensive side of his game at the NHL level. I'm not sure that's what we need right now since we aren't competing for a lottery pick. I would send him to Hamilton until December/January. He's already stated he's willing to go to Hamilton to learn, so why not take advantage of that? By then we should have a good idea of where our defense stands.

Old
habsrule22

Spacek has looked good so far. The defensive pairings seem to be working good

Old
10-01-2011, 07:56 PM
x74Pacioretty74x

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
Are you zackcook744?
Lol yes why?

Old
10-01-2011, 07:57 PM
kassian
Emelin's face plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekamaniac View Post

1) Our defense has to be the softest in the league. They will be get run over and dominated down-low by 75% of teams. Diaz, Spacek, Gorges, Campoli are all small and provide zero-grit. Our only physical presence on the blueline is Subban, and even then, that is not his go-to game.
I have no clue why Yemelin and Weber are being jerked around. Yemelin fills a glaring weakness on our team, that can't be overlooked.

2) I never thought we would be softer than last year...but we have ZERO physical presence in our line-up. I realize Moen/White are injured, but there is no guarantee the will even play when healthy.

3) What is with Erik Cole? Is JM serious pairing him with Darche and Desharnais? He goes from playing with Skinner and Staal in Carolina to two journeymen? Total dis-respect.

This is our last pre-season game, which makes me tend to believe that this is what our line-up will look like come Thursday. If Cole was going to play with Plek/Cammy...he would be on a line with them tonight to try and build chemistry.

As for the 4th line..it should serve a purpose. It should be gritty and be able to change the momentum of games. We have a make-shift 4th line that is simply thrown together with no thought. Weber/Enqvsit/Palushaj?

Seriously?

Anyways...I have a bad feeling. I sure hope this is not a sign of things to come this year...we are going to be pushed around, especially in our own zone like we have never seen before.
Oh, the usual lack of physicality rant.

I agree on the rest of the points you brought up, though. I dont know why Cole was paired with Darche.

Old
10-01-2011, 07:58 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekamaniac View Post

Seriously?

It's just pre-season, relax, chill out.

Old
10-01-2011, 07:59 PM
MathMan

Quote:
I agree on the rest of the points you brought up, though. I dont know why Cole was paired with Darche.
Because the team has 5 top-6 wingers, so someone has to play on the third line, and JM is experimenting with AK46 on the top line, so Cole is it tonight.

Old
10-01-2011, 08:00 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:

Don't pay too much attention to Plekamaniac. He has this chronic condition he needs to rant and criticize management every night.

We wish you our best, bud.

Old
10-01-2011, 08:01 PM
Gainey#1*

Quote:

I just really see our defense being exposed this year, especially with Markov out of the line-up.

I think Yemelin (with some work and patience) can really add an element to our blueline that is sorely missing.

Teams are not afraid to skate over our blue-line, because they know nobody is going to touch them.

Old
10-01-2011, 08:01 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Because the team has 5 top-6 wingers, so someone has to play on the third line, and JM is experimenting with AK46 on the top line, so Cole is it tonight.
It's nice to try things, but we have had more rookies up than any other team, hence the record. You can't experiment on the last game! Cole & Max should be on the same line during real season.

Old
10-01-2011, 08:02 PM
HomaridII

Interesting rant by Mario there ... Budaj told him that he felt really privileged to play on the Habs because amongst other things, they have a goaltending coach, they didn't in Colorado, only part time.

Old
10-01-2011, 08:03 PM
HomaridII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs23 View Post
It's nice to try things, but we have had more rookies up than any other team, hence the record. You can't experiment on the last game! Cole & Max should be on the same line during real season.
This is never going to happen on a regular basis. JM has said repeatedly he likes to keep pairs together, for two seasons now, even when REALLY struggling those pairs have been Pleky - Cammy and Gio - Gomez .. only on a few rare ocassions when the team was really struggling did JM break that.

Closed Thread