HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

MSG Season Tickets & Relocation *PART 2*

Old
09-24-2011, 07:46 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
So has anyone received their tickets yet? Or a shipping date?

I emailed my rep and got no response.

09-25-2011, 11:40 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
So has anyone received their tickets yet? Or a shipping date?

I emailed my rep and got no response.
Heard end of first week of Oct.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2011, 12:22 PM
patnyrnyg

My friend was told they'd ship around Oct 6th

patnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2011, 01:51 PM
outlaw52
"what i do"

half season sub

hi, just joined the board.lifelong ranger loon.always bought tix from a friend sat in 309 for a while. back in jan put down my 500 for season tix. seats they were offering i didnt want. they came back with a half plan in the 200s i took it. tix rep said i would have first shot at half the playoffs in my seats. true? and next year can i upgrade to a full season sub with better seats or do i have to stay with the half season plan? thanks for any and all help in advance.

outlaw52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2011, 07:03 PM
Giacomin

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw52 View Post
hi, just joined the board.lifelong ranger loon.always bought tix from a friend sat in 309 for a while. back in jan put down my 500 for season tix. seats they were offering i didnt want. they came back with a half plan in the 200s i took it. tix rep said i would have first shot at half the playoffs in my seats. true? and next year can i upgrade to a full season sub with better seats or do i have to stay with the half season plan? thanks for any and all help in advance.
I think you made a great move! The key with the Rangers when they are good and on the upswing is to get your foot in the door as far as ST,s are concerned. My first year of having my own tickets I was in section 233(not one the best seats in the house) and I moved sections every year after that if I wanted. I am very happy to be a STH and if the Rangers ever make a serious run for the Cup which I predict they will in the next 5 years it will be great to have Seasons.The Rangers have a very loyal diehard fan base and tickets when they are good are almost impossible to come by.

Giacomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2011, 07:42 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris6net View Post
I think you made a great move! The key with the Rangers when they are good and on the upswing is to get your foot in the door as far as ST,s are concerned. My first year of having my own tickets I was in section 233(not one the best seats in the house) and I moved sections every year after that if I wanted. I am very happy to be a STH and if the Rangers ever make a serious run for the Cup which I predict they will in the next 5 years it will be great to have Seasons.The Rangers have a very loyal diehard fan base and tickets when they are good are almost impossible to come by.
Pretty funny, we both started out in the same section. Guess it's not really surprising since the 100s/200s on the bad end always has the most availability of seats being it's the least desirable place to sit in MSG.

Old
09-27-2011, 04:03 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

vCash: 157
Do any of you guys have your tickets loaded into your online account yet?

GordonGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 04:10 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
Do any of you guys have your tickets loaded into your online account yet?
Nope, not yet. I'm hoping soon, since I want to begin my resale process

NyRangers88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 08:48 PM
tobysmithny

hi everyone. wondering if this is the best thread for what i am looking for. i want to find a season subscriber who is looking to share/split a season ticket package for a few years, maybe long term. does anyone ever post anything like that on here? maybe another thread? thanks.

tobysmithny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 09:30 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobysmithny View Post
hi everyone. wondering if this is the best thread for what i am looking for. i want to find a season subscriber who is looking to share/split a season ticket package for a few years, maybe long term. does anyone ever post anything like that on here? maybe another thread? thanks.
From time to time people offer to split their seasons here. If you are looking for a long term option you would likely be better off getting your own. What seats are you looking for?

Old
09-27-2011, 09:37 PM
Matteau Matteau

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
Confirmed, Just spoke to my ticket rep today and there are no mini plans available in the 300 or 400 section this season. Only thing available is $105 per ticket. I will be forced out and will loose any tenure I had and will have to start all over if that is even an option down the road. Going to have to stub hub the home opener so I can continue to take my mother to her annual game, and then I will be watching the games from home this year unless a season ticket holder is selling at face or below. Oh well. Thank you renovation.
Exactly my story. I wish there were 300/400 minis available, but it's not in the cards. I can't spend $1000 on a mini-plan, so I guess it's watching from the couch this year and buying occasional tickets.

Last edited by Matteau Matteau: 09-27-2011 at 09:46 PM.
Matteau Matteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 09:44 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobysmithny View Post
Here's the link:
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=935675

Old
09-27-2011, 10:41 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw52 View Post
Hey outlaw I sent you a PM. In case you're not sure how to use the messaging system here please shoot me an email at mlbgecko@yahoo.com

Old
09-27-2011, 11:14 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matteau Matteau View Post
Exactly my story. I wish there were 300/400 minis available, but it's not in the cards. I can't spend $1000 on a mini-plan, so I guess it's watching from the couch this year and buying occasional tickets.
Amen.

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 12:19 AM
SweepsItInFront

Hey guys, quick question for you:

With the renovations, have the section numbers changed? I buy tickets from a season holder who sat in 116, which used to be on the corner (I think), almost behind the net even. Now, the seating charts are saying the seats are closer to center ice. The tickets are apparently still for section 116 (apparently), but I'm not sure if I'll be on the corner, as I used to be, or more towards center ice, in what appears to be the "new" section 116.

SweepsItInFront is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 10:42 AM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

We are proud to have you back as a member of our Rangers family, and look forward to seeing you at The Garden for the 2011-12 season! Below please find information about your ticket availability as well as individual ticket on-sale details.

As previously communicated, due to construction in the Box Office area, we are unable to hold tickets at The Garden Box Office for pick-up this season. For all accounts, tickets will be shipped to the address on file unless you elected the print at home option.

Requested tickets to be mailed

If you requested to have your subscription tickets mailed, please note that they will be sent to you beginning on, or about, Monday, October 10th - Thursday, October 13th, 2011. If you have not received them by Monday, October 17th, please contact me. Tickets will be available to print and forward beginning on, or about, Monday, October 10th. If your account is not in good standing, tickets will not be delivered and you will not have access to print or forward them. Should you need to bring your account up to date, please contact the Subscriptions office immediately at 212-465-6050.

The first game of your subscription will be on Thursday, October 27th at 7:00pm when the Rangers take on the Toronto Maple Leafs. This will be the first regular season game at Madison Square Garden.

Requested print at home option

If you have elected to print your subscription tickets at home, please note that they will be available to print and forward beginning on, or about, Monday, October 10th. If your account is not in good standing, you will not be able to print or forward your tickets. Should you need to bring your account up to date, please contact the Subscriptions office immediately at 212-465-6050.

The first game of your subscription will be on Thursday, October 27th at 7:00pm when the Rangers take on the Toronto Maple Leafs. This will be the first regular season game at Madison Square Garden.

TicketExchange Access

For all accounts, access to utilize TicketExchange will begin on or about, Monday, October 17th. If you have any issues with posting your tickets, please contact me. If your account is not in good standing, you will not be able to utilize TicketExchange. Should you need to bring your account up to date, please contact the Subscriptions office immediately at 212-465-6050.

Individual Ticket On-Sale Information
Individual tickets will go on-sale on Thursday, October 6th at 10:00 am. Tickets will be available for purchase at http://www.newyorkrangers.com and Ticketmaster charge-by-phone at 866-858-0008.

Giglio NYR15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 04:07 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

so almost 2 more weeks before the they activate the tix online

Old
09-30-2011, 05:21 PM
patnyrnyg

They always wait until after the final public onsale. Same for the ticket exchange. I don't like them waiting so long to send the tix out, though. I sell about 25 games, but never ask for money until I have the tix in hand. Would like to get the money back so I can just pay off the rest of the season and not deal with the monthly payment.

patnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 06:07 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweepsItInFront View Post
Hey guys, quick question for you:

With the renovations, have the section numbers changed? I buy tickets from a season holder who sat in 116, which used to be on the corner (I think), almost behind the net even. Now, the seating charts are saying the seats are closer to center ice. The tickets are apparently still for section 116 (apparently), but I'm not sure if I'll be on the corner, as I used to be, or more towards center ice, in what appears to be the "new" section 116.
Yes, the section numbers (of the lower level) have changed...and now they go in the opposite direction (counter clockwise as opposed to clockwise.) The new 116 is club seating and go for $210 or $280 a ticket.

Old
10-01-2011, 09:36 PM
coatjones
Debauchery #1

Send a message via AIM to coatjones
Question from a guy who is thinking about buying a single seat 300 full season plan: Are the chances of getting a second seat next season pretty good? I'd prefer not to go myself and plan on asking my neighbors to let me know when they can't attend.

Also - how do you guys generally do when reselling your tickets at face value via exchange, stub hub, etc. (One seat plan people). Thanks in advance!

Last edited by coatjones: 10-01-2011 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Adding more
coatjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 10:36 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by coatjones View Post
Question from a guy who is thinking about buying a single seat 300 full season plan: Are the chances of getting a second seat next season pretty good? I'd prefer not to go myself and plan on asking my neighbors to let me know when they can't attend.

Also - how do you guys generally do when reselling your tickets at face value via exchange, stub hub, etc. (One seat plan people). Thanks in advance!
Your chances of getting a second seat next season are excellent. You would likely have to relocate to do so (to get 2 seats together)...but you'll get priority of available seats over anyone on the waiting list or calling up to get seasons next year. Can't comment on your second question.

Old
10-02-2011, 09:20 AM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:
It's hard to sell one seat. There were times when I had no one to go with and I tried selling off my second seat, usually you have to post it below face value to get rid of it.

Old
10-02-2011, 11:06 AM
coatjones
Debauchery #1

Send a message via AIM to coatjones
Thanks guys. I'm probably going to do it.

coatjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 11:13 AM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:
It's worth it. You make friends with the other STH around you so it's always a good time even if you go by yourself.

Where is your seat going to be?

Old
10-02-2011, 11:19 AM
Giacomin

Quote:
Welcome to the club! You are getting in at a good time as the team should be good for the next 5-7 years and it is always important to get your foot in the door as far as season tickets.

Giacomin is offline   Reply With Quote