HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT: 5-1 We are doomed! Let's tank!!

Closed Thread

Old
10-01-2011, 10:53 PM
Gary320

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
Honestly I can't say that was a bad hit. It was north south and Campoli with his head down and hunched over. Just my opinion.
I say it's more of a dumb hit dumb decision.

What is Campoli supposed to do? He's losing the puck, he's trying to retrieve it and he sees Malone coming in so he doesn't wanna lose the puck.. he reaches.

Malone should have played hockey and bursted for the puck and could have EASILY won the puck.

It's a 4-1 game at the point, what is a charge going to accomplish. (Especially when it's on the offensive zone) It's a dumb move.

Old
10-01-2011, 10:53 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

I don't know. He was slow to get up and with head injuries, you never know til much later if you're okay. Hopefully, he can tough it out.

Old
10-01-2011, 10:54 PM
HTTP 400

vCash: 3601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
What do you mean? You don't see guys like Krejci, Savard, Bergeron, and Horton getting hit like this with Chara, Lucic, and/or Thornton in the lineup.
quoted... just in case someone missed it the 1st time.

Although, I also agree with those claiming Malone might not have played the tough guy all game if he had Thornton, Lucic and Chara in his face. But again, it wouldn't have prevented him from hitting Campoli.

Those are 2 different problems. People confuse them, and that's why the toughness debate will never ends!

Last edited by HTTP 400: 10-01-2011 at 11:01 PM.
Old
10-01-2011, 10:55 PM
Forsead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekamaniac View Post
Campoli.

I don't believe he is injured.
We'll see I really hope not, because if he has an injury there is a big chance it's a concussion.

Old
10-01-2011, 10:56 PM
Protest the Hero

At least they have 5 days to assess Campoli.

Old
10-01-2011, 10:57 PM
haburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
Honestly I can't say that was a bad hit. It was north south and Campoli with his head down and hunched over. Just my opinion.
u haven't watched any pre season games have you?cause if you had, you would know there has been a healthy dose of suspensions given out by the new sheriff for much less than malones hit.

Old
10-01-2011, 10:57 PM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWalkThroughWalls View Post
quoted... just in case someone missed it the 1st time...
I hope you're quoting him cause he's wrong because 3 out of the 4 have had major concussions

Old
10-01-2011, 10:59 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

I think Weber is trade bait bound. This has been discussed in the past, but I feel this is it.

Of course, with injuries and all, maybe he'll end up playing a lot. But right now, I look at the lineup and I don't see where he fits. Especially with Campoli and Diaz showing good stuff in the offensive department.

Old
10-01-2011, 11:00 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
I don't know. He was slow to get up and with head injuries, you never know til much later if you're okay. Hopefully, he can tough it out.
True look at Crosby. He went on to play then the next hit he got set off the concussion.

Old
10-01-2011, 11:00 PM
TheBuriedHab

I'm not saying if hes getting a suspension or not, Im just saying in my eyes it was clean.

Old
10-01-2011, 11:01 PM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
I think Weber is trade bait bound. This has been discussed in the past, but I feel this is it.

Of course, with injuries and all, maybe he'll end up playing a lot. But right now, I look at the lineup and I don't see where he fits. Especially with Campoli and Diaz showing good stuff in the offensive department.
Personally, I don't see Andrei Kostitsyn and Weber around past February.

Wouldn't be surprised if they are packaged.

Although I have dislike AK's performance at many times. I know he's going to be a monster somewhere else.

Old
10-01-2011, 11:02 PM
1UP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
PK was terribad tonight. A couple of moonwalks but no effort and tons of giveaways. It's like he had 2 or 3 things better to do than skate in a preseason game
Not his quality of play. Stuff like the trollface he pulled after throwing the opposing player's stick (can't remember who), rushing over (literally) the ref to grab a stick after his broke after a shot, just stuff he does being himself that has nothing to do with hockey.

He did do a good couple rushes and while he did nothing super flashy, he was very solid and played quite smart.

Old
10-01-2011, 11:02 PM
JackZap

Malone was a ***** all night. DD hasnt been stellar these past few games.

Old
10-01-2011, 11:06 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1UP View Post
Not his quality of play. Stuff like the trollface he pulled after throwing the opposing player's stick (can't remember who), rushing over (literally) the ref to grab a stick after his broke after a shot, just stuff he does being himself that has nothing to do with hockey.

He did do a good couple rushes and while he did nothing super flashy, he was very solid and played quite smart.
Is he playing with a longer stick than he did last season? He seems to not have as much control of the puck.

Old
10-01-2011, 11:09 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
Malone was a ***** all night. DD hasnt been stellar these past few games.
He's been pretty awful. His skating is sluggish and his puckhandling is sloppy. He's rushing his plays.

He's just not playing smart hockey right now. I'm pretty disappointed so far, he's still got time to change it around though.

Old
10-01-2011, 11:10 PM
habsrule22

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWalkThroughWalls View Post
quoted... just in case someone missed it the 1st time.

Although, I also agree with those claiming Malone might not have played the tough guy all game if he had Thornton, Lucic and Chara in his face. But again, it wouldn't have prevented him from hitting Campoli.

Those are 2 different problems. People confuse them, and that's why the toughness debate will never ends!
It didn t stop getting Savard and Bergeron splattered.

Old
10-01-2011, 11:11 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Okay, i know many here will throw rocks at me, but when Tampa is doing cheap shot to your team, it's because your soft as hell...

We need guys that could prevend this *****... Someone would have been at malone after he run subban or Price and the incident at the end would have never happen...

We're too soft, and i'm srs.
Why should anyone throw rocks at you. You are 100% correct.

Last night, Tanner Glass of the Jets was running a couple of the Predator's players. So after a couple of shifts watching Glass hitting the skilled players, the Pred's coach sends out Zach Stortini the next time Tanner Glass got on the ice.

Stortini (who is a crap fighter......but none the less is better than having Josh Gorges fight and get cut) drops the gloves with Glass and takes care of business.

Tanner Glass stopped running the skill players on the Predators.

That is a simple concept that Gauthier, Martin and a lot of the Canadiens' fans cannot grasp. As soon as Malone showed that he was very interested in going after our players, insert fighter and take care of Malone.

Now we have Campoli with a head shot and Gorges with stitches.

And great game by the Canadiens tonight. Showed more passion and aggressiveness on defense. If we can sustain this type of intensity in our own zone, the Habs will do well.

However...........relax, this was just a preseason game.

Old
10-01-2011, 11:14 PM
Jigger77

Really impressed with Diaz and Spacek tonight. I thought they were our best defensemen. Really liked Gill jumping in when Malone and PK got tangled up. Much better transition game tonight, good special units. The D tonight made me breathe a little easier. I hope Campoli is ok. He was responsible for Gomez's goal, beauty feed to Cammy at the blue line there. Malone's antics all night were pretty funny, that is until he took it to that level.

Good stuff tonight all around. Diaz, again, I thought really made a case for himself tonight. I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the lineup with Spacek on Thursday they worked well together. Agreed about DD, he looked pretty bad though. So did Cammy despite scoring that late goal. Gomez looked real good though. Played like a top line center tonight.

Old
10-01-2011, 11:17 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
We just completely dominated them from begin to end and that's what you people are focusing on.
Josh Gorges disagrees with you.

We need Gorges on defense yet he is MAN ENOUGH to step up and take on Malone. Yeah, he got cut.

You like our skill guys taking on the ********* of the League?

Or would you rather see no one on our team take on Malone after what he did to Campoli?

Pacifism may be acceptable in your world. Fortunately, we have a couple of MEN on the Canadiens who disagree with you. Unfortunately, Gorges is a skill guy fighting the battles.

Old
10-01-2011, 11:18 PM
couris

We have very confident people on this board. You guys should go on the ice and fight Malone. Lets ask Gorges if he would like to have someone that can fight.

Old
10-01-2011, 11:19 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Really impressed with Diaz and Spacek tonight. I thought they were our best defensemen. Really liked Gill jumping in when Malone and PK got tangled up. Much better transition game tonight, good special units. The D tonight made me breathe a little easier. I hope Campoli is ok. He was responsible for Gomez's goal, beauty feed to Cammy at the blue line there. Malone's antics all night were pretty funny, that is until he took it to that level.

Good stuff tonight all around. Diaz, again, I thought really made a case for himself tonight. I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the lineup with Spacek on Thursday they worked well together. Agreed about DD, he looked pretty bad though. So did Cammy despite scoring that late goal. Gomez looked real good though. Played like a top line center tonight.
Agreed.

It's amazing how much better this team becomes with consistent puck-movement from the backend. I feel like Spacek is an underrated puck-mover on these boards...he was making crisp passes right out of the zone to a streaker forward.

Diaz, Campoli, Subban, Spacek made the transition so easy which made the Canadiens that much more dangerous on the attack tonight. It was beautiful to watch.

Mobility on the back-end is so nice to see. I loved watching Diaz, Campoli and Subban pinch while having the speed to cover themselves once the puck changed possession.

Old
10-01-2011, 11:19 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Josh Gorges disagrees with you.

We need Gorges on defense yet he is MAN ENOUGH to step up and take on Malone. Yeah, he got cut.

You like our skill guys taking on the ********* of the League?

Or would you rather see no one on our team take on Malone after what he did to Campoli?

Pacifism may be acceptable in your world. Fortunately, we have a couple of MEN on the Canadiens who disagree with you. Unfortunately, Gorges is a skill guy fighting the battles.
White and to a degree Moen back will help for that.

Old
10-01-2011, 11:21 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
Malone wouldn't fight a fighter.
I have been reading post after post after post with the inane saying...........relax, its only preseason.

If we had a fighter on this team, all he had to do is skate up to Malone, drop the gloves and pound the hell out of him.

Instigator penalty? "Relax, its only preseason". And it would have sent a message to the other teams that you do not mess with Price, Subban or any of our other skilled players.

Old
10-01-2011, 11:25 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Agreed.

It's amazing how much better this team becomes with consistent puck-movement from the backend. I feel like Spacek is an underrated puck-mover on these boards...he was making crisp passes right out of the zone to a streaker forward.

Diaz, Campoli, Subban, Spacek made the transition so easy which made the Canadiens that much more dangerous on the attack tonight. It was beautiful to watch.

Mobility on the back-end is so nice to see. I loved watching Diaz, Campoli and Subban pinch while having the speed to cover themselves once the puck changed possession.
Yep. It's what made the difference tonight. The defensemen looked much more mobile, patient, and execution was a lot better. The result was that it allowed the forwards to use their speed as everything was executed in full stride. Diaz's play on Darche's goal was a major league play. Beautiful little dangle there and that sweet feed across to Spacek, who in my opinion, was the best defenseman out there for both teams tonight.

Old
10-01-2011, 11:27 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Yep. It's what made the difference tonight. The defensemen looked much more mobile, patient, and execution was a lot better. The result was that it allowed the forwards to use their speed as everything was executed in stride. Diaz's play on Darche's goal was a major league play. Beautiful little dangle there and that sweet feed across to Spacek, who in my opinion, was the best defenseman out there for both teams tonight.
What I loved most was that the transition game and the speed through the neutral zone completely ripped apart Boucher's 1-3-1 style of trapping. In was totally ineffective. The Canadiens were streaking through. In fact, the move was moving through the zones so fast that Lighting couldn't even get in position to set it up.

If Markov comes back 100% and Diaz or Yemelin develop quickly...we could make a big surprise in the east.

Closed Thread