HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

YAHOO LARGE H2H Dynasty League

Old
09-28-2011, 09:49 PM
Dr Danglefest
Vindication

vCash: 500
YAHOO LARGE H2H Dynasty League

I have a first year Dynasty league with exceptionally large rosters to enable the creation of a farm system for each team. if anyone is interested im looking for managers to fill out the league.

I repeat its a dynasty league so i would ask you to only join if you plan on doing this past this upcoming year.

send me a message if youre interested and want more info

Dr Danglefest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 01:29 PM
Dr Danglefest
Vindication

Ive had some ppl join up already but i figured my first post was a bit vague. so heres a little more about it

so the league will look like this: 16-18 teams, H2H scoring, im going to take a poll at the draft as to how the H2H format will be, (ie H2H points or H2H categories) right now its set for H2H categories.

I have made the league a H2H league with pretty standard categories, but have toyed around with the roster make-up...There will be:

3 Centers
4 Wingers
4 Forwards
4 Defensemen
2 Goalies

and....10 BENCH players! This is in order to create room for somewhat of a minor league system if you will. the extra roster spaces will leave teams with enough room to ice a full team, have 6-7 active backups (which is slightly larger than standard but hey a little more never hurts), and also have room for young stars that may be sent to juniors, or buried on their depth charts, stuck in a backup goalie position, so on and so forth. With the high amount of bench players, there will only be so many useful active backups (id estimate 6-7) so the rest of the room can be used for a minor league system without hurting any given team competition wise

if you are interested message me and i will send you the full info with how the dynasty system works, as well as anything else.

Old
09-29-2011, 02:27 PM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

vCash: 69
Woops. Ignore my message except for the part where I say I'm interested.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 03:17 PM
GoSensGo765
GO SENS GO!!

I am definitely interested. Is this on Yahoo? Would the farm team be on paper off the site, or would the players just sit on your bench and almost never play?

GoSensGo765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 11:10 PM
Dr Danglefest
Vindication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spezza19 View Post
I am definitely interested. Is this on Yahoo? Would the farm team be on paper off the site, or would the players just sit on your bench and almost never play?
yeah its on yahoo. everything would be on the site

figure it this way. You have 17 active players including goalies(thats 272 F/D/G) on active rosters. So any given team can have a 3rd goalie, and 3-5 active backups. however outside of the top 350 players or so there isnt much in the way of usefulness (however were talking about players such as Mason Raymond, Colin Wilson, Hemsky, both Schenns, Vlasic, Mueller all ranked above 300 so there are more than plenty of usefull players to fill out each teams starting roster) so with the large roster size people will not be "forced" but it would only make sense to use those extra 5-7 spaces on developemental guys (like an RNH if he doesnt make the squad, or a guy whom is currently on the 3rd line trying to get better minutes, etc). THUS...you have a minor league system embedded into your roster,

With the large "starting" rosters to begin with and only a certain amount of active backups that are worth having, it wont "hurt" anyone competitively to have 5-7 guys that fit the "dougie hamilton, Brandon Gormley, Joe Colborne mold, or the third line minute guys like Brayden Schenn may be, because everyone will be looking at the same roster make-up.

I believe the system ive created will almost force people to create a minor league system that can be harbored on the roster, unless they want to feild 4th line scrubs to squeak out a few more measley points and theyd suffer down the road, when the rest of the teams have developed superstars.

It'll really be up to each manager how they want to run their team year to year. whether that be go strong on the developement, or go strong on veterans. it gives everyone Creative Control.

Old
09-30-2011, 05:04 PM
Dr Danglefest
Vindication

So Far ive had a good turnout, still a couple spaces available for those interested

Old
10-01-2011, 11:48 PM
Dr Danglefest
Vindication

looking for just 2-3 more managers