HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

News and Notes 2011-2012

Closed Thread

Old
10-01-2011, 12:31 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millhaus View Post
And your reasoning for this is what exactly?
I just don't think he's a bust yet. I think Tikhonov's upside is higher than Sjogren's and given that premise, there isn't much risk in making that swap.

Old
10-01-2011, 01:00 PM
sunnydaycrash

Shamo taking some brutal jabs at Semin according to twitter .... Here are some of the comments...." talked w/Shaone Morrison 2 wks ago...echoed EVERYTHING said on A. Semin. Says he's more talented than Ovie but doesn't care/try. Never will "..... And ...."Morrison said the Caps used to take bets on WHEN in Dec Semin would pretend to be injured, and how long into prac he'd lay down on ice"..... Pretty harsh

Old
10-01-2011, 01:02 PM
sunnydaycrash

Ps that's from Jeremy White of WGR radio and was re-tweeted by Jasper.
Again some brutally harsh words!!!!!

Old
10-01-2011, 01:54 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Tikhonov vs. Perreault is a more interesting debate than Tikhonov vs. Sjogren. Moot point in reality. If someone claims him, it's going to be a team in a better position to give him a chance. AKA someone with higher waiver priority than Washington.

Alexandre Giroux also placed on waivers by Columbus. No surprise.

Old
10-01-2011, 02:16 PM
third man in

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydaycrash View Post
Shamo taking some brutal jabs at Semin according to twitter .... Here are some of the comments...." talked w/Shaone Morrison 2 wks ago...echoed EVERYTHING said on A. Semin. Says he's more talented than Ovie but doesn't care/try. Never will "..... And ...."Morrison said the Caps used to take bets on WHEN in Dec Semin would pretend to be injured, and how long into prac he'd lay down on ice"..... Pretty harsh
That sucks, but at least Semin has a job in the NHL.

Old
10-01-2011, 02:45 PM
EroCaps

Quote:
Sounds great for team chemistry.

Old
10-01-2011, 03:17 PM
sunnydaycrash

Quote:
Taking bets?.....how the F did this team ever win a game with that sort of crap going on?

Old
10-01-2011, 03:25 PM
sunnydaycrash

awesome...Jeremy`s WGR tweets were removed but Jasper captured both tweets......

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/73...R_on_Semin.png

Old
10-01-2011, 04:13 PM
Millhaus

I find it interesting that during the time that all these guys were on the team and all apparently felt similarly about Semin that nobody had the guts to call him out publicly then. And I also find it interesting that nobody is claiming they called him out privately about it either during that time. If someone said 'yeah we had it out one day about this in the locker room but the organization did a great job covering it up' I would have a lot more respect for what they are saying. But feeling that way, never doing anything about it when you had the chance, and then talking about it afterwards is being less than a man IMO.

Old
10-01-2011, 05:18 PM
um

Quote:
Taking bets?.....how the F did this team ever win a game with that sort of crap going on?
you may be overreacting a little, its not a gambling problem

Old
10-01-2011, 05:31 PM
txpd

it could suggest that the tight, loving locker room has been split over this issue. do i remember correctly olie kolzig going off on semin for something(throwing the puck maybe) in the room after the game in a typically explosive olie fashion? the result being ov walking out of the room...or something.

Old
10-01-2011, 05:41 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
it could suggest that the tight, loving locker room has been split over this issue. do i remember correctly olie kolzig going off on semin for something(throwing the puck maybe) in the room after the game in a typically explosive olie fashion? the result being ov walking out of the room...or something.
The ipod incident, IINM.

Old
10-01-2011, 05:43 PM
sunnydaycrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by um View Post
you may be overreacting a little, its not a gambling problem
I wasn't referring to a gambling issue , more of a divided locker room where guys were even discussing crap like that..... Mind you,this stinks of bitterness.

Old
10-01-2011, 06:15 PM
txpd

thats the thing that is common to bradley, steckel and morrisonn. these guys all seem to be saying that semin could be the best player in the league and follow that with he's a baby and doesnt care. its like the guy married to halle berry and cheats on her. tons of us regular guys are saying "i would never do that. what a fool". while if you had the hotness to land halle berry you are not a regular guy even close.

Old
10-01-2011, 07:03 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millhaus View Post
I find it interesting that during the time that all these guys were on the team and all apparently felt similarly about Semin that nobody had the guts to call him out publicly then. And I also find it interesting that nobody is claiming they called him out privately about it either during that time. If someone said 'yeah we had it out one day about this in the locker room but the organization did a great job covering it up' I would have a lot more respect for what they are saying. But feeling that way, never doing anything about it when you had the chance, and then talking about it afterwards is being less than a man IMO.
Absolutely. The team is stacked with players who are less than men for a while. They prove it every April.

Brouwer and Ward are small steps in the right direction.

Old
10-01-2011, 09:09 PM
Marshall
Too right, man.

I'm not sure who looks worse in this:

1. The Caps media staff's Iraqui Information Minister approach to the quotes of Semin's former teammates. (Or really any reports about the Caps they don't like)

2. Semin.

3. Boudreau for letting it go on.

4. McPhee for being so out of the loop.

I'm not a big believer in tigers changing their stripes. The country-club atmosphere intimated by many around the organization (and summarily dismissed by anybody connected to same) seems to have been proven true, jilted players or no.

Boudreau's the most accountable here. Shoot him to the Moon if the team doesn't make the Finals.

Last edited by Marshall: 10-01-2011 at 09:17 PM.
Old
10-01-2011, 09:37 PM
Cappy76

Send a message via AIM to Cappy76 Send a message via MSN to Cappy76
I just get the feeling that Semin is going to go all God mode this season because of all this going on. I know even myself who doesnt have much drive at times am pushed when im constantly poked. Maybe he finally has enough and just goes out there and shows up.

.......one can hope/dream......

Old
10-01-2011, 09:38 PM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

Funny how none of the authors of the quotations made your list as looking bad.

10-01-2011, 11:11 PM
Millhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarden View Post
I was thinking the exact same thing.

If you are too much of a wuss to say it to the man's face when you are his teammate for many years then you have no business saying it to the press after you leave.

Old
10-02-2011, 01:10 AM
um

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappy76 View Post
I just get the feeling that Semin is going to go all God mode this season because of all this going on. I know even myself who doesnt have much drive at times am pushed when im constantly poked. Maybe he finally has enough and just goes out there and shows up.

.......one can hope/dream......
i think thats why all the ex caps are doing this. i mean they cant be that big of *******s can they

Old
10-02-2011, 02:08 AM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarden View Post
Agreed they look bad. But couldn't care less as they're not important going forward.

With respect to who I hold accountable...
You all know my opinion of the coach's leadership abilities.

But who cares. New season. Only hope is new stripes.

Old
10-02-2011, 04:44 AM
Acallabeth
Play fair, post fair

Send a message via Skype™ to Acallabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by um View Post
i mean they cant be that big of *******s can they
They can.
It's one thing to say that Semin is talented but can't use his talent due to motivation issues, it's another to say that Caps lose because of him, that players took bets on when he PRETENDS to be injured (as if they know his body better than Semin himself). This doesn't motivate anyone, especially a player who is obviously shy and introversial. He will keep silent and one day just goes away. Just look in his eyes.
The only thing that can motivate him is that players who didn't like him and didn't have balls to say anything personally are gone.

Look at Malkin. He now says that he didn't train properly before and that led to underachieveing. What did the Pens say? "He is the best". What do they say now? "He wasn't conditioned well, but now he trained so hard and will be better than ever!". Only after he came over troubles they allow any slight bad word and only in the way that he only got better.
What good did the Caps say to support Semin? He improved and got better despite, not because of.

Old
10-02-2011, 08:33 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSHS View Post
Agreed they look bad. But couldn't care less as they're not important going forward.

With respect to who I hold accountable...
You all know my opinion of the coach's leadership abilities.

But who cares. New season. Only hope is new stripes.
its funny. with all these shots at semin from former caps, there hasnt been one shot at boudreau. but its really all boudreau's fault. boudreau enables semin. boudreau creates the conditions for semin. semin is the poster child for how boudreau kills the caps. yet, not a word about boudreau.

Old
10-02-2011, 09:00 AM
Funkyalligator

Semin hasn't changed since he was the first member of the young guns before the lockout. He is what he is......maybe he has finally grown up but you never know. Is it conceivable that he finally puts it all together and is in God mode all year...sure why not.

Old
10-04-2011, 12:28 PM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

http://espn.go.com/nhl/preview2011/team/_/name/was
Quote:
Has there been a team in recent memory that has had so much promise with so little success in capitalizing on that potential but remains so attractive as an organization?

Yes, the San Jose Sharks might have a case. But there is something different about the Washington Capitals. In the face of yet another playoff flameout (the Caps were swept in the second round by the Tampa Bay Lightning), there is still so much to admire about the Caps in terms of their raw talent and youthful potential.

The team's best players are still approaching their prime. There remains an impressive crop of young NHLers and prospects. Capitals GM George McPhee has once again added what he hopes will be an elusive blend of grit and leadership to open the door.

Yeah, we know … same old song and dance, but it's a pretty attractive tune, no?

Closed Thread