HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

McBain to NYR

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-30-2011, 01:35 PM
  #26
iamitter
Thornton's Hen
 
iamitter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,364
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
McBain is a nice player, but he's not the type of player I am shipping out blue chip prospects for.

No Kreider, no Thomas.

If that means we do not get McBain, that's more than fine with me.
Why not? McBain is a blue chip prospect himself. Sauer or McDonagh for McBain (evened out with picks either way) is something I wouldn't mind at all. We get top 4 offensive defenseman, they got a top 4 defensive defenseman. We have an abundance of defensive defensmen, they have an abundance of offensive defensemen. We actually seem like really good trading partners here.

iamitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 01:41 PM
  #27
Clipitar
Registered User
 
Clipitar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
MDZ isn't a year from anything. He is 21.

Erixon has proven quite a bit actually playing for a few seasons in the SEL and playing in the World Championship winning Team Sweden at the end of last year.

With the amount of quality young defensemen the Rangers have, it's not exactly a source of worry for the Rangers.
I still think your D-corpse isn't very threatening in terms of generating offense. I agree about MDZ, it's just that I've noticed for a while he doesn't seem in the team's long-term plans, based on the fans' discourse obviously, I have no clue how the actual management projects him for next year and beyond.

And being successful in the SEL & WC is nice and all, but by no means it is guaranteed to translate at the next level. But I'm sure you're already aware of that.

Clipitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 01:57 PM
  #28
iamitter
Thornton's Hen
 
iamitter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,364
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipitar View Post
I still think your D-corpse isn't very threatening in terms of generating offense. I agree about MDZ, it's just that I've noticed for a while he doesn't seem in the team's long-term plans, based on the fans' discourse obviously, I have no clue how the actual management projects him for next year and beyond.

And being successful in the SEL & WC is nice and all, but by no means it is guaranteed to translate at the next level. But I'm sure you're already aware of that.
Eh, based off of his preseason play, it looks like he's got more of a spot in our top 6 than Erixon does. With Staal still out, it's looking more and more likely he'll play (and would likely play even if staal was here). He's been making less boneheaded cross-ice passes and looks more competent in his own zone than before. He's not forcing passes that aren't there.
tl;dr He looks a lot better than last year. The offense he brings outweighs his defensive mistakes.

iamitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 02:03 PM
  #29
bernmeister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 8,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
Why not? McBain is a blue chip prospect himself. Sauer or McDonagh for McBain (evened out with picks either way) is something I wouldn't mind at all. We get top 4 offensive defenseman, they got a top 4 defensive defenseman. We have an abundance of defensive defensmen, they have an abundance of offensive defensemen. We actually seem like really good trading partners here.
Can we agree to meet in the middle?
100% no on Kreider.
Yes on Thomas.

Something like
Girardi, Thomas, EC + a third

for McBain, a second + Colton Orr (as is)?????

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 02:06 PM
  #30
iamitter
Thornton's Hen
 
iamitter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,364
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Can we agree to meet in the middle?
100% no on Kreider.
Yes on Thomas.

Something like
Girardi, Thomas, EC + a third

for McBain, a second + Colton Orr (as is)?????
We're not giving up girardi and thomas for Mcbain and a second.
Mcbain is not worth girardi and I don't know why youre making this ridiculously complicated.

They want a top 6 winger or defensive defenseman. We give up a second pairing defensive defenseman, they give up a second pairing offensive defenseman.

iamitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 02:28 PM
  #31
Clipitar
Registered User
 
Clipitar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
Eh, based off of his preseason play, it looks like he's got more of a spot in our top 6 than Erixon does. With Staal still out, it's looking more and more likely he'll play (and would likely play even if staal was here). He's been making less boneheaded cross-ice passes and looks more competent in his own zone than before. He's not forcing passes that aren't there.
tl;dr He looks a lot better than last year. The offense he brings outweighs his defensive mistakes.
Well, if he can regain his rookie former self, then that's definitely one less issue for you guys.

Clipitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 02:36 PM
  #32
boyle2boyle
HFBoards Sponsor
 
boyle2boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Queens via London
Posts: 759
vCash: 500
I can't think of an offer that would work for both teams, McBain would require too much of an overpayment. Our defensive corps is going to be very good, just be patient.

boyle2boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 03:17 PM
  #33
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipitar View Post
I still think your D-corpse isn't very threatening in terms of generating offense. I agree about MDZ, it's just that I've noticed for a while he doesn't seem in the team's long-term plans, based on the fans' discourse obviously, I have no clue how the actual management projects him for next year and beyond.

And being successful in the SEL & WC is nice and all, but by no means it is guaranteed to translate at the next level. But I'm sure you're already aware of that.
If we're icing dead bodies on our defense, we have much bigger problems than offense. Though a blue line comprised entirely of zombies could be quite menacing. That is assuming they're the ones that can run (and hopefully skate), a la the new Dawn of The Dead, and not the ones that just sneak up on you out of nowhere, a la Night of The Living Dead.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 04:24 PM
  #34
Clipitar
Registered User
 
Clipitar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
If we're icing dead bodies on our defense, we have much bigger problems than offense. Though a blue line comprised entirely of zombies could be quite menacing. That is assuming they're the ones that can run (and hopefully skate), a la the new Dawn of The Dead, and not the ones that just sneak up on you out of nowhere, a la Night of The Living Dead.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Yeah, I'm francophone. Sometimes I just write the expression as I'm hearing it. Trying to get better though!!

Anyway, no more dead bodies on your "back-end" now that Redden is rotting down in Hartford/Connecticut, not sure which it is anymore!

Clipitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 07:37 PM
  #35
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,420
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipitar View Post
Yeah, I'm francophone. Sometimes I just write the expression as I'm hearing it. Trying to get better though!!

Anyway, no more dead bodies on your "back-end" now that Redden is rotting down in Hartford/Connecticut, not sure which it is anymore!
We like to call them "The WhalePack". Kind of an abomination of the name.

Halloween is so close!

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 11:24 PM
  #36
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD View Post
if we get mcbain we should keep mcilrath up and sign mccabe and roll with mcdefense.
Sign McCabe, keep McIlrath up, acquire McBain, give McDonagh the 'C', call up McNaught and McColgan. McRangers.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 03:24 AM
  #37
richardsequalscup*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
I'd be willing to part with Del Zotto/Kreider/Thomas for him. I see no reason why the Canes would move him though.

1. I don't think of McBain as an elite, young, defenseman talent. He had a nice year. So what. So did McDonagh and Sauer. We have no need for him when we have Erixon. I'd much rather have Erixon as I think he's got a lot more talent. I wouldn't trade Kreider or Del Zotto for him straight up. On pure talent, McBain can't compare to Del Zotto. People gave up on Del Zotto so quick it was embarrassing. He was 19 last year. He's had a strong camp.

2. Carolina doesn't have many defenseman that can play defense as it is. They can't trade defenseman.

3. The Rangers don't need to trade for young defenseman. They are loaded with talented, young defenseman. McIlrath is much closer to the NHL than many thought. He had a great camp.

4. The Rangers if anything will add a vet and little cost.

richardsequalscup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 08:13 AM
  #38
BPD
Registered User
 
BPD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 2,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
Sign McCabe, keep McIlrath up, acquire McBain, give McDonagh the 'C', call up McNaught and McColgan. McRangers.
We'll wear golden shoes. You know, for the arches.

Also, when McColgan and Bourque combine for a hit, we'll call it a double quarter pounder.

BPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 06:50 PM
  #39
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,486
vCash: 500
NYR could use a RD at some point this yr. McBain has been scratched by Carolina to start the yr.

So what's the cost at this time. A Dman needs to go back so Carolina can take a pick of Bickel, Eminger, Gilroy as their 7th D. Will a pick be enough like a 2nd or 3rd added?

Or do the Canes need a prospect playing in the AHL?

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 06:56 PM
  #40
Stahl2Stall
Drawing Frog 8
 
Stahl2Stall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: London ON Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Carolina can take a pick of Bickel, Eminger, Gilroy as their 7th D. Will a pick be enough like a 2nd or 3rd added?
We'll give him to you for free if you take Corvo with him, deal?

Stahl2Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 06:59 PM
  #41
Confound
-Vindicated-
 
Confound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 17,640
vCash: 500
I'm surprised CAR fans are so eager to dump Mcbain, has he really fallen off that much?????

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 07:04 PM
  #42
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stahl2Stall View Post
We'll give him to you for free if you take Corvo with him, deal?
Is Corvo that bad? He's a UFA at yrs end I bet they can move him

McBain will cost more but would be a good target for the Rangers

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 07:04 PM
  #43
Stahl2Stall
Drawing Frog 8
 
Stahl2Stall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: London ON Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Confound View Post
I'm surprised CAR fans are so eager to dump Mcbain, has he really fallen off that much?????
This thread is from 2011

I don't think Canes fans are wanting to trade him but we understand he's probably our only piece that's realistically movable and holds value.

Stahl2Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 07:32 PM
  #44
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers
 
Ih8theislanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bronx,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,490
vCash: 500
A fair deal now might be Hagelin (maybe overpayment from NYR, not sure) but the Rangers couldn't do that, we don't have the forward depth. Would a 2nd+ one of Fogarty/McColgan/Thomas be of any interest? I know the Canes aren't really rebuilding now, just trying to gauge value.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 07:35 PM
  #45
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World
 
CM Lundqvist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 8,619
vCash: 500
Rangers need a defensive defenseman.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 07:37 PM
  #46
shinchanyo
Registered User
 
shinchanyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Here
Posts: 2,383
vCash: 500
Lundqvist is yours and the cup is ours thank you suckers

shinchanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 07:43 PM
  #47
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post
Rangers need a defensive defenseman.
its not that bad, Ranger fans are just think Bickel is a bum and well he did screw up big time vs the Pens last game. Eminger can be steady. Gilroy I dont trust much.

Eventually they will get a depth Dman but it will be in a few months likely

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 08:51 PM
  #48
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World
 
CM Lundqvist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 8,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
its not that bad, Ranger fans are just think Bickel is a bum and well he did screw up big time vs the Pens last game. Eminger can be steady. Gilroy I dont trust much.

Eventually they will get a depth Dman but it will be in a few months likely
They need one now, I don't trust Gilroy at all. Maybe with Staal, but he hasn't played well at all this season so far.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:05 PM
  #49
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post
They need one now, I don't trust Gilroy at all. Maybe with Staal, but he hasn't played well at all this season so far.
remember when they had Woywitka last yr and they still won the East. They will get through this 0-2 start and it wont be a rush to get another Dman, they will get depth by the deadline

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:20 AM
  #50
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World
 
CM Lundqvist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 8,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
remember when they had Woywitka last yr and they still won the East. They will get through this 0-2 start and it wont be a rush to get another Dman, they will get depth by the deadline
And remember, we lost in the playoffs because we...

1. Couldn't score goals
2. Had our top pairing playing well over 30 minutes a game and they were burned out.

A solid #6 defenseman prevents the other 5 from overworking and gives us a fresh defense. It also would have saved us 5 goals, which could have been easier series against Washington and Ottawa which would have kept us fresh against the Devils and we could have possibly went to the SCF.

You underrate the significance of having balance on defense.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:07 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.