HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"We" vs. "The Flyers"

Old
10-02-2011, 07:44 AM
mja
Negative Creep

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97FlyersKing18 View Post
I never once said MY life is better than YOUR life...
Dude, no one's reading this ****.

mja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 08:47 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

I think you should legally be a citizen of your country before you can use "we." I just don't want any god-damned illegal immigrants being allowed to use "we."

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 10:29 AM
IAN aka RYAN

Send a message via AIM to IAN aka RYAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by triqsix View Post
they are the ones winning though. not us.. or we.

could you imagine how offended a player would be if you approached him and said "MAN, WE REALLY BEAT UP ON THOSE CANUCKS IN THE STANLEY CUP FINAL, HUH? WE PLAYED AWESOME THAT SERIES"

more directed at previous posters:
the players play for the love of the game/money/to win the cup. they may develop a connection with the city they reside and play in for a number of years, ie: modano or sakic, but to think they don't play for the contract/money/personal gain is naive.
I wouldn't use we in that situation. Your just a d bag if you do. I coach little guys and even talking to them, it would be you guys did a great job, not We did a great job even though I am a coach. The expression is used 99% of the time from Fan to Fan. And it works. People are still stretching this to an extreme and adding agenda's that aren't really there.

IAN aka RYAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 10:50 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy7 View Post
FNN Score was the best. Used to pirate satellite signal and cut into games. Wasn't that guy Ron Barr? And they had Time Out For Trivia, and the betting show with "The One 2 Turn 2."
I am not sure, it must have been late 80s but it is a hazy recollection at best. It was short-lived but FNN Score rings a bell.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 10:51 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 272
People: debate the point and limit the personal attacks please. Otherwise, the thread will be closed.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 06:14 PM
Murphy7
Drop the puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
I am not sure, it must have been late 80s but it is a hazy recollection at best. It was short-lived but FNN Score rings a bell.
FNN was Financial News Network. It's either MSNBC or CNBC now. Back then, it was Wall Street during business hours. But FNN Score (the after-hours "club") was fantastic. They say they were going to have a look-in on the Penguins and Islanders, and they'd stay there until the end of the period. Fifteen or 20 minutes, no problem. Time Out For Trivia was well done -- can't remember the details, other than having the sound effects like a Talk Soup for sports. They had call-in shows and highlight shows (The Final Score).
They got in some kind of trouble and were suddenly off the air.

Murphy7 is offline   Reply With Quote