HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

EA Sports NHL Slapshot for Wii

Old
09-12-2010, 07:22 PM
sag2k3

vCash: 500
Why is Joe Thornton a righthanded player on the review?

sag2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 08:38 PM
RoadDoggFL

Send a message via AIM to RoadDoggFL Send a message via Yahoo to RoadDoggFL
Quote:
Originally Posted by sag2k3 View Post
Why is Joe Thornton a righthanded player on the review?
Players' handedness matches yours when you're controlling them. This was already covered with Crosby.

RoadDoggFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 06:51 AM
jaisen73

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc90 View Post
question: buy this one, or wait for next year assuming they make another version. ive heard if this one doesnt do well, they'll scrap it.
I'm sure it will sell pretty good an EA will want to have a presence on the Wii. It would be nice if they could come up with a Wii version of their standard NHL franchise but, barring that, they're off to a good start with Slapshot.

The good news is that if they stick with Slapshot they have a seriously FUN foundation to build from (I've been playing it a ton and scoring with that stick never stops being a blast). Adding a deeper season or Franchise mode, fantasy drafts, etc. would all be nice additions as they grow with it. Not to mention being able to potentially add new elements to the controls.

jaisen73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 10:07 AM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisen73 View Post
I'm sure it will sell pretty good an EA will want to have a presence on the Wii. It would be nice if they could come up with a Wii version of their standard NHL franchise but, barring that, they're off to a good start with Slapshot.

The good news is that if they stick with Slapshot they have a seriously FUN foundation to build from (I've been playing it a ton and scoring with that stick never stops being a blast). Adding a deeper season or Franchise mode, fantasy drafts, etc. would all be nice additions as they grow with it. Not to mention being able to potentially add new elements to the controls.
EA already has lots of games on the Wii. Unless you're talking about EA Hockey games on the Wii?

Neely2005 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 08:11 PM
dhasek3910

I would've liked to have 1:1 deking using the wii Motion plus. Coming from 2k11 where deking was brilliant to this one (I pretty much tried regular left-right deking and can't get my guy on-screen to deke) was a bit of a let-down.

dhasek3910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 02:15 PM
HullToSelanne

I like this game. My player is almost leading the NHL in scoring almost halfway through the year in ONLY 17 GAMES. AND HES A DEFENSEMAN. FOR ATLANTA.
Won the QMJHL title with Moncton too. Definitely a fun mode!

HullToSelanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 12:10 PM
aparch

Quote:
Originally Posted by HullToSelanne View Post
I like this game. My player is almost leading the NHL in scoring almost halfway through the year in ONLY 17 GAMES. AND HES A DEFENSEMAN. FOR ATLANTA.
Won the QMJHL title with Moncton too. Definitely a fun mode!

I'm enjoying it too. A lot more arcade-y than I'm used to (2k9 and 2k10 on the Wii), but it's been fun taking my create a player Right Winger from pee-wees to bantams to juniors (so far).

I know I'm playing with shortened periods, but if you crank 'em up longer, will your player sit on the bench ala Be-A-Pro or will he play the full 60 minute game?

The only complaint I have is it's too easy to throw a "big hit," even at the pee-wees level.

Very fun though, and I'm enjoying the CHL and AHL.

For a more realistic play, I'll still stick to 2k10 (2k11); but this one is just as fun.

aparch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 08:24 AM
aparch

Without using the hockey stick, what's the combination to pull your goalie?

The pause menu shows a box (like it's missing a picture) and then the (1) picture.

aparch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 05:25 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by aparch View Post
Without using the hockey stick, what's the combination to pull your goalie?

The pause menu shows a box (like it's missing a picture) and then the (1) picture.
The 1 button on the Wiimote... Press it on the pause menu.

I got this game last week, I'm having a blast with the Peewee To Pro mode and even the season mode has been fun so far. It's fun to play with the stick but even just playing with the Wiimote and Nunchuck is fun if you want to sit on your couch, you only use the motion to shoot and check (hold down a button for a slapper).

I almost freaked out because I didn't see Savard in the Bruins line-up but then I found out he was just a scratch.

irunthepeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2010, 10:50 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

I guess i'm in the minority, but I love this game.

Joined Windsor in the career thing(can't remember what it's called).

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 07:16 PM
NittanyLionsHockey

I bought this game a couple weeks ago and I think its really fun. I love the peewee to pro mode and the game is also something different from regular hockey games since its on the Wii.

NittanyLionsHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 10:42 AM
iFishyHD
Beauner Bennett

vCash: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
I guess i'm in the minority, but I love this game.

Joined Windsor in the career thing(can't remember what it's called).
Windsor Spitfire. I got your back unlike Shaq.

iFishyHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 01:45 PM
Krishna

I can never score online.. any tips?

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 03:17 PM
Krishna

Anyone?

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 10:37 PM
JHabs61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnz0rs View Post
Anyone?
Take a few shots five-hole. a lot of times thats where I shooot first . for break aways a good forehand-backhand deke works 97.43% of the time. Otherwise, pick a corner lol

JHabs61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 12:26 PM
iFishyHD
Beauner Bennett

Quote:
Anyone?
Just take good shots, pointless one want get you anywhere. But the bottom of points standings.

Old
08-16-2011, 07:12 AM
iFishyHD
Beauner Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Price2Pleks View Post
Take a few shots five-hole. a lot of times thats where I shooot first . for break aways a good forehand-backhand deke works 97.43% of the time. Otherwise, pick a corner lol
That works too.

Old
09-12-2011, 10:54 AM
hockey-brent

NHL Wii game for 2011-12?

Anyone know Nintendo's plans for an NHL game for Wii this season? Will it be for the current Wii or only the new one set to be released? Another NHL Slapshot with updated rosters (and the Jets!), so we could use the sticks again. Great game.

Thanks.

hockey-brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 04:00 PM
wKetch22
Pure Grime

Quote:
I can never score online.. any tips?
WHAT!!!

You can play this game online!?! I've had this since like the day it came out and play it all the time single player or coop with my friend but I didnt know you could play online?

wKetch22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 02:11 AM
JSmith81x
Your weapon is guilt

vCash: 1000
Got the game today, a year after it came out.

The stick took me 15-20 minutes to put together, mostly because I was trying to put the nunchuk in wrong and I couldn't get the cords to stay in right. I've played a bunch of Peewee and Bantam games. First game, barely knowing how to work the controls, I won 8-4, Chicago over Colorado. After a couple more games, I destroyed Washington w/ Pittsburgh, 13-3 or something like that. Since I could get into double digits in Peewee every game, I switched to Bantam. First game I barely won, needing a late goal to win 5-4 Toronto over Tampa. Did some training, came back to Bantam -- 15-4 Buffalo over Carolina, w/ Pominville getting 10 goals. Won 13-2 Chicago over some team that had the puck so little I don't remember who it was, w/ Hossa and Toews each scoring 6.

Shooting and hitting I can do, everything else is still a work in progress. Will try out Juniors tomorrow. Haven't looked at the settings, but it does need to be a little harder. Once I learn how to pass better and score on dekes and from close in instead of just wristers up high and one-timers, I'll try out the Peewee to Pro mode.

JSmith81x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 10:21 AM
aasrg
Rookie User

Unfortunately EA apparently shut down the servers for the roster updates; someone on the EA boards made available a roster update, but it resets all of your data if you install it. Has anyone had any luck finding a way to update rosters without resetting all your data?

I'm still trying to win the cup with my peewee to pro player (for some reason, it becomes almost impossible to score once you get into the playoffs), and I'd rather not lose all my progress.

I really don't care too much about up-to-date rosters, but it would be nice to have updated rosters for the random exhibition game.

aasrg is offline   Reply With Quote