HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Predict the close future of : Weber, Diaz, Yemelin, Woywitka

Old
10-02-2011, 01:26 AM
Emanresu Wen

vCash: 500
Predict the close future of : Weber, Diaz, Yemelin, Woywitka

Let's say Markov is out, those are our 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th D's

Who ends up where in the following weeks?

Emanresu Wen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 01:30 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

If Markov is out, then the d should be

Subban
Gorges
Campoli
Gill
Weber
Yemelin
Diaz
Woywitka
Henry
Nash
Pylon

Spacek.

Can't wait till that man is gone next year. Sat thing is, he really did come into camp in much better shape, but still plays like a tool.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 01:36 AM
danyhabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
If Markov is out, then the d should be

Subban
Gorges
Campoli
Gill
Weber
Yemelin
Diaz
Woywitka
Henry
Nash
Pylon

Spacek.

Can't wait till that man is gone next year. Sat thing is, he really did come into camp in much better shape, but still plays like a tool.
I thought Spacek looked good.

danyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 01:37 AM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

Quote:
Originally Posted by danyhabsfan View Post
I thought Spacek looked good.
agreed , he has been awesome so far

99GoHabsGo99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 01:58 AM
DJ Breadman

spa is going nowhere JM loves his vet's, woywitka is going to the ahl, diaz and yemelin stay

DJ Breadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 02:05 AM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Subban
Gorges
Campoli
Spacek
Gill
Yemelin
Weber (also I think can play on the 4th line)
Diaz
Woywitka
Henry
Nash

Jmac1160* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 02:41 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emanresu Wen View Post
Let's say Markov is out, those are our 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th D's

Who ends up where in the following weeks?
It seems like diaz has an upper hand on yemelin for a regular spot. Weber might have to play forward. Woywitka is ahl bound.

Hackett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 06:25 AM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac1160 View Post
Subban
Gorges
Campoli
Spacek
Gill
Yemelin
Weber (also I think can play on the 4th line)
Diaz
Woywitka
Henry
Nash
This except no Henry.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 07:47 AM
habsjunkie2*

Wasn't particularly impressed with diaz last night, but don't feels it's necessarily indicative of the player, I thought Spacek carried that pairing. I find it crazy that people post their lineups and consistently put spacek at 7 or 8th on the depth charts, he's no worse than 5th imo. I was really impressed with him last night. Subban wasn't great last night, but wasn't bad either.

Spacek is our most under rated puck mover, he seems very efficient moving the puck with crisp clean passes and creating a smooth transition game. He also seems quicker than last year, which could be my perception only, I've liked every thing I've seen from him to this point. You can't under value what the savvy vets bring to this club.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 08:51 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
Wasn't particularly impressed with diaz last night, but don't feels it's necessarily indicative of the player, I thought Spacek carried that pairing. I find it crazy that people post their lineups and consistently put spacek at 7 or 8th on the depth charts, he's no worse than 5th imo. I was really impressed with him last night. Subban wasn't great last night, but wasn't bad either.

Spacek is our most under rated puck mover, he seems very efficient moving the puck with crisp clean passes and creating a smooth transition game. He also seems quicker than last year, which could be my perception only, I've liked every thing I've seen from him to this point. You can't under value what the savvy vets bring to this club.
Spacho needs to play that left side to be effective, and it seems that Martin now understands that. It helps he showed up to the camp in the best shape he's been in for years. I think we will see a solid season from both Spacek and Gomez, which is something a lot of experts aren't looking at when they rank our team.

I think if Markov comes back sometime this month, we will end up being one of the better teams in the league if we can stay healthy. I love our forward corps who has a lot of speed and with the addition of Cole we have three "power" guys now in our Top 9. Our defense is much more mobile then last season, and seems to move the puck better, although it is very much more raw.

Righ now:

1:Subban
2:Gorges
3:Spacek
4:Campoli
5:Gill
6:Yemelin
7: Diaz
8:Weber

This is just my rankings based off a mix of last season and this year's training camp. Weber very much has the ability to leap ahead, just like Diaz has the potential to leap frog Yemelin as well. Although I wouldn't be surprised to see Diaz start the year in the AHL (which he will dominate, IMO).

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 08:54 AM
Maxpac

Diaz has impressed the heck out of me! The big difference between him and Weber is that the puck is like a hot potato for Weber (almost Komisarek level now) where as Diaz is far more patient in his decision making and it shows a lot on the ice. I really hope Emelin gets a spot, it's the big reason why I'm still angry that we signed Campoli even if he doesn't look bad on the ice, we have a kid now that needs an adjustment period that could turn out to be a true asset to this team. IMO, when you have a player that has Kronwall/Volchenkov potential, you give him the time he needs, period.

I don't know what to say about Woywotka, too slow in every way possible, adds nothing to the team. I think he should be sent down and Weber will likely be part of the next trade.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 08:56 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
It seems like diaz has an upper hand on yemelin for a regular spot. Weber might have to play forward. Woywitka is ahl bound.
And play where?

Desharnais-Eller--Kostitsyn, Moen-Engqvist-White with Darche is likely our bottom 6 for the whole season, so no room up front either. He's done.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 09:08 AM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
And play where?

Desharnais-Eller--Kostitsyn, Moen-Engqvist-White with Darche is likely our bottom 6 for the whole season, so no room up front either. He's done.
White is out for the forseeable future. Weber is here to stay for now.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 09:33 AM
Patccmoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
And play where?

I wouldn't be surprised to see White used as center and Engqvist back in Hamilton.

Personally I was very unimpressed by Engqvist, I feel that he has 0 aggressiveness, and by that I don't even mean hitting or fighting, I mean just stop moving backward the INSTANT a guy on the other team has the puck and sometimes apply pressure on them.

I could very well see Weber used as a forward for a while because we have much better depth on our backend than in our forwards, and before someone thinks it might ruin him as a D, it certainly didn't with Streit...

Patccmoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 10:00 AM
Aurel Joliat

Diaz must go to the AHL. He is awful

I keep Weber (as a D, no more forward time !) and Woywitka. Yemelin will be in the top 6

Aurel Joliat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 10:10 AM
sampollock

sissy won't go anywhere, JM love him,

so give lot's of ice time to Yem, let's see him log some minutes.

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 10:22 AM
BLONG7

Let's hope Campoli is OK, but it will be Diaz and Woywitka going to the Bulldogs...Weber and Emelin stay...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 10:50 AM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
With Markov Out it has to be:

Subban Gill
Gorges Campoli
Yemelin Spacek

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 10:57 AM
Habbadasher

While Diaz has played better than Yemelin, I don't see them sending him down because of the KHL factor. I see him gaining experience in the NHL, not AHL. We might all of them in the NHL at some point because of injuries. Weber stays in the NHL, most likely forward.

Habbadasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 11:00 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Let's hope Campoli is OK, but it will be Diaz and Woywitka going to the Bulldogs...Weber and Emelin stay...
I don't think we would have triggered the Campoli signing if Woywitka had impressed the brass. I think Woy is now simply seen as deep injury filler. But IMO he is really good deep injury filler in that case, given his NHL experience. I think he will dominate Hamilton on D, ahead of Henry, and get another chance eventually. I would also not be completely shocked if he did not clear waivers and a weakish team picked him up.

Campoli has the potential to replace Hamrlik as a D-man with the ability to chip in points. He is certainly more mobile than Hamrlik has become at 37. On the defensive side, he might not be quite as solid as Hammer, but Spacek being quicker and playing left-side will help compensate at the team level.

I do think Diaz is ahead of Weber as a defenceman. Weber has a slight advantage over other subs in being able to play RW in a defensive role, and he also has a one-way contract, so I think he stays until and unless all our wounded return and we run out of options. I would think that once Eller is back, Weber would be ahead of Engqvist who continues to completely unimpress me with his lack of footspeed and agility - not very aggressive either which could have made up for it (as White does despite also being slow). Engqvist is also waiver-exempt.

Personally I think Yemelin has a bigger upside than Diaz but as of today there is not that much difference between them and maybe they will both get some minutes until Markov returns.

My depth chart:

Markov
Subban
Gorges
Campoli
Spacek
Gill
Yemelin
Diaz
Woywitka
Weber (as a D)

I will say I am surprised the club did not offer a tryout to Paul Mara. He seems like a great depth D to have and a quality teammate. Perhaps he would not accept a 2-way contract like Woywitka did.

BaseballCoach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 11:03 AM
Mag1328

Right now, Diaz is slightly ahead of Yemelin in the depth chart. They'll keep them both for the time being because of Markov injury and the Weber situation, but they'll let Yemelin at his own pace. He's got more work to do than Diaz who, contrary to some posters here, has had a decent camp IMO.

Don't forget St-Denis. I've got a feeling we'll see him in Montreal at one point or another this year He's not flashy but he's as safe as they come. No wonder Gorges is his idol. Depending on the type of guy they need, he could earn a callup. Place him ahead of Henry and Nash.
And I wonder how long it will be before Woywitka falls out of favor. Speaking of safe, well that guy isn't.

Mag1328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 11:22 AM
x74Pacioretty74x

How has noone else heard this? Yemelin apparently agreed to play 15-20 in the AHL before going tO the NhL if the coaches didn't think he was ready.

x74Pacioretty74x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 11:31 AM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4life74 View Post
How has noone else heard this? Yemelin apparently agreed to play 15-20 in the AHL before going tO the NhL if the coaches didn't think he was ready.
And where's your link ?

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 11:36 AM
Andy

Weber has dropped on the depth chart. Woywitka will probably be sent down if Campoli has no concussion.

Diaz has surpassed Yemelin right now.

Yemelin has a few things to work on.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 11:39 AM
x74Pacioretty74x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasculio View Post
And where's your link ?
Don't have one but heard it on RDS last night

x74Pacioretty74x is offline   Reply With Quote