HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Tinordi Video (Hit and Fight)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-02-2011, 09:43 AM
  #1
Mats NAslund
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 4,148
vCash: 50
Tinordi Video (Hit and Fight)

I apologize if this was already posted or mentioned but this video is encouraging.


Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 09:48 AM
  #2
Habbadasher
Registered User
 
Habbadasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: My couch
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,642
vCash: 500
Haven't seen it, thx.

Habbadasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 09:49 AM
  #3
CPrice
Registered User
 
CPrice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,259
vCash: 500
Thats awesome. Thank you for posting.

CPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 09:53 AM
  #4
TheBuriedHab
Registered User
 
TheBuriedHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5,181
vCash: 500
Oh baby what a hit

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 09:56 AM
  #5
juve
Registered User
 
juve's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 552
vCash: 500
Like a boss.

juve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 10:08 AM
  #6
JAVO16
Registered User
 
JAVO16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,545
vCash: 500
So, a somewhat late hit on a guy that didn't have the puck anymore and a win in a fight against a dude that's 7 inches shorter and 30 pounds lighter... Can't say that I'm impressed. Don't get me wrong; I don't dislike Tinordi, but he'll have to prove that he can do that against full-grown men in a professional league before I get excited by this (or the odd man-child in junior ala Zach Kassian).

JAVO16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 10:09 AM
  #7
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 13,388
vCash: 500
Ouch! Haha.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 10:09 AM
  #8
Help
Send help
 
Help's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: HELP HELP HELP
Posts: 5,118
vCash: 50
We never should have cut him, he could have been our super tough, super scary heavyweight who'll scare all the mean head-shoters away

Help is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 10:19 AM
  #9
ThaDevilGirl
Registered User
 
ThaDevilGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: YFC/YUL
Country: Portugal
Posts: 9,394
vCash: 500
I hope he didn't break his hand.

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 10:24 AM
  #10
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW
 
Hannibal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,529
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VO Ouragan16 View Post
So, a somewhat late hit on a guy that didn't have the puck anymore and a win in a fight against a dude that's 7 inches shorter and 30 pounds lighter... Can't say that I'm impressed. Don't get me wrong; I don't dislike Tinordi, but he'll have to prove that he can do that against full-grown men in a professional league before I get excited by this (or the odd man-child in junior ala Zach Kassian).
Haters gonna hate.

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 10:28 AM
  #11
googlymoogly
Registered User
 
googlymoogly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 8,413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VO Ouragan16 View Post
So, a somewhat late hit on a guy that didn't have the puck anymore and a win in a fight against a dude that's 7 inches shorter and 30 pounds lighter... Can't say that I'm impressed. Don't get me wrong; I don't dislike Tinordi, but he'll have to prove that he can do that against full-grown men in a professional league before I get excited by this (or the odd man-child in junior ala Zach Kassian).
Late hit? the guy just passed the puck, the hit was perfect timing and he used his shoulder cleanly no dirty elbow or nothing. Can he be left to grow into his body for two more seasons, then he'll be doing the same to NHL men. This guy needs to pack on another 10-25 pounds and he'll make opposing forwards tentative in entering the offensive zone.

Edit: You can see Corrado grabbing towards linesman to get in and save him. Kudos to Corrado as he pulled a Gorges and stuck up for his team mate but the play was clean so really it's one of those jumping a guy that gave a good hit deal.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 10:35 AM
  #12
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 27,560
vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VO Ouragan16 View Post
So, a somewhat late hit on a guy that didn't have the puck anymore and a win in a fight against a dude that's 7 inches shorter and 30 pounds lighter... Can't say that I'm impressed. Don't get me wrong; I don't dislike Tinordi, but he'll have to prove that he can do that against full-grown men in a professional league before I get excited by this (or the odd man-child in junior ala Zach Kassian).
The hit was not late. Count the seconds between the time the puck leaves the guy's stick and when contact is made. One second? One and a quarter?

The guy he fought chose to fight him. It's not like Tinordi said, "Hey a small guy, let's go!" He took exception to an opposing player answering the bell and he fought him, much like Malone did with Gorges last night.

And at Tinordi pummeling the helmet off the guy's head. That sucker just popped right off.

__________________
"I really like the way Drew Doughty plays the game. He's like a defenceman version of Erik Karlsson."
-68
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 10:38 AM
  #13
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,004
vCash: 500
Let just say that the hit was impressive. Good timing, not to the head, solid and timely hit.

But people the fight....there's nothing to it. He took a 6'0'' already bad fighter into a ragdoll....okay....That's just like saying Ryan Malone is an awesome fighter just because he ate Gorges alive....

I think that what we have to love reading is a tweet I read about Tinordi looking incredibly composed and with a lot of poise. THAT's crucial this year. Don't care how many points he gets, but he needs to DOMINATE defensively. Nothing less.

Just hope that the ones excited by this are not the same ones who are mentioning that our Habs are perfect as it is....Personnally, I can't wait to see Tinordi doing that with us...along with 5 or 6 others.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 10:42 AM
  #14
PhysicX
Registered User
 
PhysicX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,302
vCash: 74
It's not a late hit, but it could be called charging. His feet left the ice, though the 'laws of physics' apply here as well. Checked the slowmo a couple of times, difficult to say. Nonetheless, sure seems like a tough guy.

Edit --> I'd need clarification on that Charging Rule... Is it simply before the hit or at the time of the hit or during hahaha!


Last edited by PhysicX: 10-02-2011 at 10:48 AM.
PhysicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 10:44 AM
  #15
JAVO16
Registered User
 
JAVO16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,545
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
Late hit? the guy just passed the puck, the hit was perfect timing and he used his shoulder cleanly no dirty elbow or nothing. Can he be left to grow into his body for two more seasons, then he'll be doing the same to NHL men. This guy needs to pack on another 10-25 pounds and he'll make opposing forwards tentative in entering the offensive zone.

Edit: You can see Corrado grabbing towards linesman to get in and save him. Kudos to Corrado as he pulled a Gorges and stuck up for his team mate but the play was clean so really it's one of those jumping a guy that gave a good hit deal.
That's why I said somewhat. It's a legal, but it's not a useful hockey play, because the guy has already completed his pass. It's dishing out the pain, ans while I like seeing that, he could've been watching the guy hanging behind for a breakaway instead. Had that guy scored, the hit would've been useless. And again, I dearly hope that he does this to NHL players eventually, but this video doesn't get me too excited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Let just say that the hit was impressive. Good timing, not to the head, solid and timely hit.

But people the fight....there's nothing to it. He took a 6'0'' already bad fighter into a ragdoll....okay....That's just like saying Ryan Malone is an awesome fighter just because he ate Gorges alive....

I think that what we have to love reading is a tweet I read about Tinordi looking incredibly composed and with a lot of poise. THAT's crucial this year. Don't care how many points he gets, but he needs to DOMINATE defensively. Nothing less.

Just hope that the ones excited by this are not the same ones who are mentioning that our Habs are perfect as it is....Personnally, I can't wait to see Tinordi doing that with us...along with 5 or 6 others.
Exactly, I never doubted that Tinordi could pummel junior players, but what I want to hear is that he's making strides in his defensive game.


Last edited by JAVO16: 10-02-2011 at 10:51 AM.
JAVO16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 10:50 AM
  #16
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VO Ouragan16 View Post
That's why I said somewhat. It's a legal, but it's not a useful hockey play, because the guy has already completed his pass. It's dishing out the pain, ans while I like seeing that, he could've been watching the guy hanging behind for a breakaway instead. Had that guy scored, the hit would've been useless. And again, I dearly hope that he does this to NHL players eventually, but this video doesn't get me too excited.
You do know that figure skating is a completely different sport right ? There is now way that you are a true blue hockey fan, it's impossible.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 11:07 AM
  #17
JAVO16
Registered User
 
JAVO16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,545
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
You do know that figure skating is a completely different sport right ? There is now way that you are a true blue hockey fan, it's impossible.
I enjoyed the hit, but looking at it objectively, it doesn't get me excited about his NHL future. Like WS said, hearing that he's making strides defensively interests me more than this. Ryan O'Byrne used to dish out hits like no other in college, but that part of his game has not translated to the NHL yet. A strong understanding of the game on the defensive side of the ice translates much better. I want our 2010 1st round pick to become more than an enforcer.

JAVO16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 11:27 AM
  #18
Shadyone33
Registered User
 
Shadyone33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,198
vCash: 500
I think I'll make it a point to catch a London game this year. Maybe I'll get to see a hit like that!

Shadyone33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 11:35 AM
  #19
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Good to see him using the body and showing he can fight. Leadership is there, 2nd year on the team and he is captain, high praise from the Hunters.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 11:37 AM
  #20
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In space..with goats
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,239
vCash: 500
These are the hits I like to see. Stop you in your tracks, unlikely to injure, look like a beauty in highlights. This is (part of) why I like hockey.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 11:39 AM
  #21
hogtownhabsfan*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,727
vCash: 500
Corrado is a pretty big boy. He's listed at 6'2" 191lbs. For a '93 birthday that's big. Just goes to show what an absolute beast Tinordi.

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 11:42 AM
  #22
Jesse Pinkman
Registered User
 
Jesse Pinkman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 442
vCash: 500
Nice!

Jesse Pinkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 11:46 AM
  #23
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,621
vCash: 500
That hit was borderline late, but not really, I think it was a fair amount of time. Does the elbow make contact with the head or the chest? I can't tell.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 11:54 AM
  #24
CrAzYNiNe
Registered User
 
CrAzYNiNe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,954
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
I believe it was a clean hit. Contact was made not even a second after the puck was passed (look at the time, pass made and hit made all at 10 second mark). Also the hit was clean, Tinordi shoulder into chest of Racino. I sure like seeing him play physical, got to do it at all levels to be able to do it at all levels!

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 12:27 PM
  #25
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
I believe it was a clean hit. Contact was made not even a second after the puck was passed (look at the time, pass made and hit made all at 10 second mark). Also the hit was clean, Tinordi shoulder into chest of Racino. I sure like seeing him play physical, got to do it at all levels to be able to do it at all levels!
Ok good. I couldn't really tell if it made contact with the head.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.