HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Predict the close future of : Weber, Diaz, Yemelin, Woywitka

Old
10-02-2011, 10:40 AM
Bullsmith

vCash: 500
I thought Spacek and Diaz were a decent paring. Prone to getting pushed around but both make their decisions very quickly. Spacek's anticipation is outstanding, it's the reason he can survive in the league, IMO. Diaz has really put himself in discussion for a job through his play on the ice. With Markov apparently not close, I think both he and Emelin are currently ahead of Weber on the D chart. Diaz' PP contributions are way ahead of Weber's right now.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 10:41 AM
macavoy

vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4life74 View Post
How has noone else heard this? Yemelin apparently agreed to play 15-20 in the AHL before going tO the NhL if the coaches didn't think he was ready.
This is so awesome. It speaks volumes about Yemelin's character. I think a 20 game stint for him is perfect.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 10:52 AM
PhysicX

vCash: 74
Quote:
How has noone else heard this? Yemelin apparently agreed to play 15-20 in the AHL before going tO the NhL if the coaches didn't think he was ready.
Sorry, but I've got a hard time believing this... Would be great though!

PhysicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 10:58 AM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicX View Post
What exactly about Yemelin's personality that makes you think he's so arrogant that he would never agree to this?

Old
10-02-2011, 11:00 AM
neofury*

Quote:
1) If that's true very mature of Yemelin... very impressed
2) That's amazing because right now it really might be an idea
3) Where did you hear this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
This is so awesome. It speaks volumes about Yemelin's character. I think a 20 game stint for him is perfect.
It would make the transition easier for him. He's actually a smart guy if he said that. I bet you Andrei Markov had something to do with this if true.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 11:07 AM
PhysicX

vCash: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
What exactly about Yemelin's personality that makes you think he's so arrogant that he would never agree to this?
What exactly about his personality makes you want to believe otherwise?

I can't answer your question since I don't know him. Simply put, some players decide to tough it out while others take the easy road and get the money fast. Already played there, was an all-star last year, played for the Russian Team in the WHC last year... For sure a KHL team would want him.

Quote:
The interesting clause, rumored to be in the deal, is a free ticket back to the KHL, if the Canadiens opted to demote him to the Hamilton Bulldogs. For all we know, this could end up as a dead end.
This is pretty much what I've heard during summer and what I've always thought.

PhysicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 12:08 PM
Forsead

Quote:
I think it's Francois Gagnon who talked to Don Meehan who said him this. It was at L'Antichambre don't know if it's true.

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 12:11 PM
MXD

Let's say Markov doesn't start the season.....

Emelin is in the lineup against TO
Weber is either on the wing, either 7th D
Woywitka is 8th D
Diaz is in the AHL for seasoning

If Campoli is to miss for a 15-day period

Diaz is in the starting lineup.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 12:21 PM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

vCash: 506
As it stands right now, we have 5 guys who have an assured spot (in no particular order)

Subban
Gorges
Gill
Spacek
Campoli

The last spot is a toss-up between Weber, Yemelin and Diaz.

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 12:22 PM
Captain Saku

I expect Yemelin to agree to be sent down to Hamilton to play for 5 to 10 games to get used to north american hockey.

Then he will be called up but will continue to struggle adapting. He will then be either benched for a long stint or be sent down again, but he won't like it and decide to pack his stuffs and go back to Russia.

As for Diaz, I think he will force the organization to keep him in the NHL, he will have a bright future with us.

Weber will be traded.

Woywitka to the AHL.

Captain Saku is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 12:29 PM
shutehinside

I haven't heard about Yemelin agreeing to play in Hamilton for a few games but if so, great.

If not, I see him and Diaz splitting time at the 6 spot with Weber playing in and out of the 4th depending on injuries and competition.

At this point, I see more upside with Diaz than with Weber. I can see why there are some trade rumors around Weber so far. Barring injuries, I can see him getting traded like OB did last year. That would probably net us another pick and leave Diaz and Yemelin to get more ice time. Theyll likely both play regular roles next year with Spacek and Gill not likely to be retained. If they do well, we may not have to go out and get another veteran to replace Gill and Spacek on the blue line, even though Jackman would be AWESOME!

Woywitka should spend his time in the Hammer unless injuries require he be called up.

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 12:33 PM
Captain Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
I haven't heard about Yemelin agreeing to play in Hamilton for a few games but if so, great.

If not, I see him and Diaz splitting time at the 6 spot with Weber playing in and out of the 4th depending on injuries and competition.

At this point, I see more upside with Diaz than with Weber. I can see why there are some trade rumors around Weber so far. Barring injuries, I can see him getting traded like OB did last year. That would probably net us another pick and leave Diaz and Yemelin to get more ice time. Theyll likely both play regular roles next year with Spacek and Gill not likely to be retained. If they do well, we may not have to go out and get another veteran to replace Gill and Spacek on the blue line, even though Jackman would be AWESOME!

Woywitka should spend his time in the Hammer unless injuries require he be called up.
Yesterday on the radio they were saying that Yemelin might be open to this idea. I thought everybody knew.

Captain Saku is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 12:35 PM
macavoy

Quote:
What exactly about his personality makes you want to believe otherwise?

I can't answer your question since I don't know him. Simply put, some players decide to tough it out while others take the easy road and get the money fast. Already played there, was an all-star last year, played for the Russian Team in the WHC last year... For sure a KHL team would want him.
I like to believe that he would do what is best for the team and also what's best for his long term development. If he is the kind of player who think's he's too good for a 15 game adjustment stint, then I don't want him on the team.

He hasn't proven that he's a superstar, he doesn't deserve a free pass. He's pretty much an NHL calibre player but a 15 game stint won't hurt him. If he's too arrogant to play in 15 games in the AHL, then I don't want his attitude ruining our young prospects.

So that's why I believe he would agree to it. Because I think he's a good team player and really wants to do good. I prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt instead of assume they are arrogant ****** but that's just me.

Old
10-02-2011, 12:38 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emanresu Wen View Post
Let's say Markov is out, those are our 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th D's

Who ends up where in the following weeks?
Weber traded.

Woywitka Hamilton.

Diaz and Yemelin rotate in and out of the line up.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 01:05 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post

Spacek is our most under rated puck mover, he seems very efficient moving the puck with crisp clean passes and creating a smooth transition game.
I said the exact same thing last night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I feel like Spacek is an underrated puck-mover on these boards...he was making crisp passes right out of the zone to a streaker forward.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 01:13 PM
Natedawg
Lars Eller

Do people still think Yemelin will be in the opening night top 6 over Diaz?

Clearly JM has already decided on Diaz. I have been impressed. SOLID player.

Natedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 01:49 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
I expect Yemelin to agree to be sent down to Hamilton to play for 5 to 10 games to get used to north american hockey.

Then he will be called up but will continue to struggle adapting. He will then be either benched for a long stint or be sent down again, but he won't like it and decide to pack his stuffs and go back to Russia.

As for Diaz, I think he will force the organization to keep him in the NHL, he will have a bright future with us.

Weber will be traded.

Woywitka to the AHL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Weber traded.

Woywitka Hamilton.

Diaz and Yemelin rotate in and out of the line up.
I see your logic, but I don't think it's wise to pare down to 7D, especially when the fringe forwards aren't breaking down the door. Spacek and Gill are near the end of their careers, and Gorges is coming off a major injury. I'd feel safer with 8D.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 01:55 PM
BLONG7

Have the last couple of players been cut?

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 01:59 PM
Jigger77

Spacek was the best defenseman for both teams last night. For some reason he's the scapegoat (or spacegoat ) around here. I love the comments about how JM loves him. Maybe there's a reason for that? Just a thought.

About the future of Webs, Diaz, Yemelin and Woywitka I'd have to say...

Weber becomes a 4th line forward and pitches in at the point on the 2nd PP (at least this year especially if Campoli is out a while)

Diaz surprises a lot of people and becomes a good puck moving D with a lot of offensive upside but defensive question marks.

Yemelin agrees to use 10-20 games in the AHL and comes back as the confident, physical, puck moving beast we see in that Youtube video. (or disagrees and goes back to the KHL which would suck).

Woywitka, career AHLer with callups here and there when injuries are really a factor.

My two cents anyway.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 02:00 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

What has future and Woywitka doing together? Woywitka, for me, was nothing more than a great AHL'er, that would be a better callup than Nash and Henry if needed. Diaz, I'd have him ahead of the others, I'm suspecting he'll start in the AHL based on contract. Emelin will stick around ,cause we've been waiting 1000 years for him, we don't want to lose him. And Weber....well he should stick around....but it could be possible that later on, he could be implicated in a trade D'Agostini for Palushaj, O'Byrne for Bournival type of trade.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 02:02 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
What has future and Woywitka doing together? Woywitka, for me, was nothing more than a great AHL'er, that would be a better callup than Nash and Henry if needed. Diaz, I'd have him ahead of the others, I'm suspecting he'll start in the AHL based on contract. Emelin will stick around ,cause we've been waiting 1000 years for him, we don't want to lose him. And Weber....well he should stick around....but it could be possible that later on, he could be implicated in a trade D'Agostini for Palushaj, O'Byrne for Bournival type of trade.
Or this.

Old
10-02-2011, 02:04 PM
Teufelsdreck

Weber is a mule, a hybrid born of a horse and a donkey. He's versatile, he plays as a Dman and as a RW but he's not outstanding at either position. He's useful to keep around because of the rash of injuries but when all the injured Habs return to action he'll get little ice time. I foresee a trade.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 02:04 PM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I said the exact same thing last night
See Andy, we agree at times. I'm not against you because I don't like you, we simply have a difference of opinion on certain issues. I agree with you here big time.

Like I said, he is no worse than 5th on our d depth charts. Lineups with him not included are based on player bashing for no reason, much the same way fans want to give AK away for nothing. They've been told these players are useless and are unwilling to give them a chance based on the misguided opinions of RDS and others.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 02:10 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Weber is a mule, a hybrid born of a horse and a donkey. He's versatile, he plays as a Dman and as a RW but he's not outstanding at either position. He's useful to keep around because of the rash of injuries but when all the injured Habs return to action he'll get little ice time. I foresee a trade.
People said the same thing about Mark Streit.

I'm not 100% sure on this one but I think the fact that he's used up front isn't a bad thing. I mean, can you imagine Gorges or Gill or someone like that as forward?

I could be wrong on this, but I think the versatility that Weber brings, that shot (he looked good using it that one time coming down the right wing last night) could be a really good thing for him. I don't think the fact they're trying him out as a forward means he's become useless or trade bait. Quite the contrary. Like I said I could be wrong though. To me his path seems quite comparable to that of Streit's.

Also who better than a defenseman with potential to play up front with a great shot as a regular 4th line forward? The major assignment of a 4th line is defense as far as I know. If he's able to pot a few here and there bonus.

Like I said though I could be wrong and they're only doing this to try stuff out and figure out what to do with Diaz and Emelin in the immediate future.

Old
10-02-2011, 02:19 PM
Aurel Joliat

Do you really think that Diaz is better than Weber ?

Except stumble in the blue line, he did nothing to obtain my attention.

On the other hand, I think that Weber was not that bad. He deserves his place in this team, at least as 7th D

Aurel Joliat is offline   Reply With Quote