HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Tinordi Video (Hit and Fight)

Old
10-02-2011, 12:31 PM
CrAzYNiNe

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Ok good. I couldn't really tell if it made contact with the head.
Although the head jerk on the slow motion is a bit more telling. From the impact it's clear he made contact with the body, but I'm a bit unclear if the head was slightly impacted or not.

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 12:36 PM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
I believe it was a clean hit. Contact was made not even a second after the puck was passed (look at the time, pass made and hit made all at 10 second mark). Also the hit was clean, Tinordi shoulder into chest of Racino. I sure like seeing him play physical, got to do it at all levels to be able to do it at all levels!
42.1 Charging - A minor or major penalty shall be imposed on a player who skates or jumps into, or charges an opponent in any manner.

Charging shall mean the actions of a player who, as a result of distance traveled, shall violently check an opponent in any manner. A “charge” may be the result of a check into the boards, into the goal frame or in open ice.

Not only he had great velocity but he also jumped.

This is 2011, they are pretty much eliminating violence of hockey. Behing able to hit like that is no longer an asset. He took himself out of the play as much as he took the other guy.

Beatnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 12:46 PM
andrew2

didnt realize he was the captain of the knights.. thats pretty good for him

andrew2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 12:58 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew2 View Post
didnt realize he was the captain of the knights.. thats pretty good for him
That's the type of guy Habs need in a couple of years with Beaulieu on the left side.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 12:58 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
I like how people will still bend over backwards to avoid giving Tinordi any kind of credit, despite the impressive strides he's made since his draft year. If this was a clip of, say, Beaulieu, people would be falling over themselves to shower it with praise.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 01:09 PM
Beatnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I like how people will still bend over backwards to avoid giving Tinordi any kind of credit, despite the impressive strides he's made since his draft year. If this was a clip of, say, Beaulieu, people would be falling over themselves to shower it with praise.

What makes you say that?? If Tinordi is becoming a good defensemen no Habs fan will complain.

In today's hockey, I don't give value to those kind of hits no mather who does them.

Old
10-02-2011, 01:13 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik View Post
42.1 Charging - A minor or major penalty shall be imposed on a player who skates or jumps into, or charges an opponent in any manner.

Charging shall mean the actions of a player who, as a result of distance traveled, shall violently check an opponent in any manner. A “charge” may be the result of a check into the boards, into the goal frame or in open ice.

Not only he had great velocity but he also jumped.

This is 2011, they are pretty much eliminating violence of hockey. Behing able to hit like that is no longer an asset. He took himself out of the play as much as he took the other guy.
For one he did not skate in Racino, his legs weren't churning (he uses his forward momentum, but he wasn't using any skating stride to make the hit). Secondly, he gained elevation after he made contact, he didn't jump into the hit. His skates are on the ice at impact.

Look at it again, you'll see I'm right.

Old
10-02-2011, 01:24 PM
Beatnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
For one he did not skate in Racino, his legs weren't churning (he uses his forward momentum, but he wasn't using any skating stride to make the hit). Secondly, he gained elevation after he made contact, he didn't jump into the hit. His skates are on the ice at impact.

Look at it again, you'll see I'm right.

he was making a jumping motion as he hitted him. You are right he did'nt take stride to him but he had great speed (which is a good sign about his mobility).

It all happens so fast. If he did'nt hit the head first, he was amazingly close of it and therefore he was very close of a long suspension. Actually i'm sure he would have been suspended if the guy have had a concussion.

Old
10-02-2011, 01:25 PM
Aspirine
Lateral Move at Best

vCash: 50
Clean and hard, but defensively questionable. Always a blast to see open ice concrete kisses such as this one.

Aspirine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 01:27 PM
Beatnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspirine View Post
Always a blast to see open ice concrete kisses such as this one.

I know it's really politically incorrect to say this now but i really miss the time where getting hit in open ice was your own damn fault

Old
10-02-2011, 01:29 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
What makes you say that?? If Tinordi is becoming a good defensemen no Habs fan will complain.

In today's hockey, I don't give value to those kind of hits no mather who does them.
Of course not. They'll just complain and whine up until the day that happens, then change their tune.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 01:40 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Quote:
he was making a jumping motion as he hitted him. You are right he did'nt take stride to him but he had great speed (which is a good sign about his mobility).

It all happens so fast. If he did'nt hit the head first, he was amazingly close of it and therefore he was very close of a long suspension. Actually i'm sure he would have been suspended if the guy have had a concussion.
I never played hockey on the ice, but I will compare it to my football days. I played o-line so every play I was hitting. I'm sure you understand that a good hit starts with your legs. All he did was explode with his legs into the hit. Remember that when you make contact, you will change direction because of the opposing force and now having an impact. It may look like he jumped, but really he would of had to be in the air prior to contact, not after contact.

I am glad that head hits are becoming more of an issue. I love watching hockey and I love big hits, but at the end of the day the players need to be able to live life after hockey, live a healthy life. For those that think these players have to be punished for our enjoyment, well those people are brutes

It was definitely a borderline hit, but now a days with everything being scrutinized, a borderline hit will be as good as it gets.

Anyone know if the OHL is looking at this?

Old
10-02-2011, 01:42 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
I wasn't aware he was captain till now.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 01:57 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
'Cause Tinordi and Beaulieu aren't the same type of players. Not sure I've ever seen Beaulieu fight, nor does he open ice hits 10 times a game. So if Beaulieu did what Tinordi does, obviously people will praise him 'cause he'll go out of his comfort zone.

Which is exactly what people will do if Tinordi scores 15 goals....the amount of praise and drooling over the fact that he's adding an offensive side of his game would be endless.

As far as Tinordi impressive strides made till draft year, you'll have to admit that it was only towards the end of last season. And frankly, from what I've personnally seen, and that's 10ish games of him, I wasn't seeing it. Yet, it's our fault, a guy of his size and the adaptation he had to make, we should have not expected an incredible player during the 1st year of Juniors. The real impressive strides have to happen this year and the upcoming years ahead of him. He is clearly a work in progress.

And another thing. The praise of one compared to the bashing of another, COULD be made because of the initial thought of each player. A guy you will root for since the beginning, I can tell you that, as any human being, you'll be tempted to protect more than the guy you actually hated. While I don't necessarily disagree as far as potential is concerned, you'll see a whole lot of people on Leblanc's back in here.....while I believe every excuse was used for guys like AKost or Chip etc....Simply human. Yet, it has to be somewhat obvious that the boom potential is much higher in Beaulieu's case than in Tinordi. Not saying that Jarred could not become an effective shutdown d-man in the process. But another thing you'll need to count in the Tinordi vs Beaulieu "comparison"....We got Beaulieu the same way Philly got Couturier.....it's not that both guys were particularly awful, it's that other guys were seen higher than those ones....pretty sure some already reviewed their opinion of Couturier....same will be done for Beaulieu as well. While Tinordi was gotten in a trade, us having to spend a 2nd rounder in the process for 3 spots, 2nd rounder we are usually pretty good at. Possible that the leash might be a little shorter......though at one point, people need to let go and see both guys as interesting prospects that could be complementary and just great news for us in a few years. No need to put one against the other.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 02:08 PM
Habs13

Tinordi man crush...grooowwwiinnnggg!!! And video added to fvorites!

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 02:15 PM
larrypacman8167

nice, clean, hard hit ............ gotta love it

larrypacman8167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 02:33 PM
Jigger77

Shoulder to chest. Guy had the puck. Nice hit. Nice fight and especially nice to see him composed during the whole thing, letting up whe he realized he was dominating the fight.

Me likey.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 02:42 PM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
I apologize if this was already posted or mentioned but this video is encouraging.

I'm the opposite, when the only thing encouraging about a player is him beating up guys way smaller than him I question his ability to make the pros. Every fight he gets into I cringe more and more.

When reports come back that he is becoming a beast defensively I'll be encouraged, until then, not so much.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 02:51 PM
costathing

haha did you see how his helmet pop off..tinordi is a ******* monster

costathing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 02:51 PM
Bullsmith

I for one feel far, far better about Tinordi's NHL prospects than I did last season. He looks like a guy who can be an enormous asset to his team in the NHL.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 02:55 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
I for one feel far, far better about Tinordi's NHL prospects than I did last season. He looks like a guy who can be an enormous asset to his team in the NHL.
Yep, but to me he's also a guy who is going to need a lot of time. Might be 23-24 years old before he has an impact. We'll need to be patient. He's not the best skater and most fluid guy with the puck. (as opposed to a Beaulieu say)

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 02:56 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Why would anyone cringe when you see Tinordi fight? Its exactly what this team is lacking. Also, the whole "he was shorter, 30 pounds lighter, etc" - They're all shorter. They're all lighter. That won't change in the NHL either, he's 6'7! Probably end up around 230! Malone hits Campoli last night, and a full-grown Tinordi is his defensive partner, Gorges head hurts a little less this morning.

He can skate for a big man, he'll make clean crisp passes, if he can hit and fight, we're in a business. If you're captain, and Dale Hunter is your coach, you're doing something right.

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 03:01 PM
Habbadasher

We need toughness, especially on D, and here is Tinordi, he hits he fights, and he still qets criticised!

I dunno why so many people still say he'll never make it:

1) He is the captain for a reason
2) He is mobile
3) He hits, fights
4) He didn't look too bad to me in the preseason

Habbadasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 03:16 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
My favorite part was the helmet being punched off his head.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 03:22 PM

Funny how that guy didn't want to fight anymore after Tinordi pummeled the **** out of his helmet and it came off.

I love it. My kind of player. I was so happy when we drafted him.

68 is offline   Reply With Quote