HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Mike Richards pad

Old
10-02-2011, 02:12 PM
cheesesteak

vCash: 500
Sick house! One can dream...

cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 03:06 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleary84 View Post
Did you really have to dissect that? He is a professional athlete who signed a $69 million contract and enjoys a cool pad with tons of stuff that is totally acceptable for a 26-year-old millionaire - and he's a neat freak, so what? He better spoil himself with that kind of cash and fame.

Idk, maybe I'm reading into your post a bit much.
Did you really have to dissect my post like that? haha

I think that yes... maybe you are reading too much into my post... I was just making conversation on a thread like I thought we were supposed to do... I commented that the place was clutter free, meaning neat and not a real lot of things beyond what he felt was the main items; not in any way meant to be a knock... just a light hearted comment about how he was selective and far from a man cave type person, really a compliment I think.

I stated that a person could naturally get spoiled by so many expensive toys but he deserved it all from his hard work and his great talent... In no way was I being derogatory towards him -- if it came across that way I deeply apologize -- and I made a little joke about his sneakers just laying there amid all his otherwise fine and neat furnishings... please forgive my moment of what I thought was a humorous observation.

I guess I should have merely posted something like, "Cool pad"... or maybe alluded to his partying ways like so many threads have before this one.

... Why the **** am I forced to defend an innocent post?

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 05:58 PM
Cleary84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
Did you really have to dissect my post like that? haha

I think that yes... maybe you are reading too much into my post... I was just making conversation on a thread like I thought we were supposed to do... I commented that the place was clutter free, meaning neat and not a real lot of things beyond what he felt was the main items; not in any way meant to be a knock... just a light hearted comment about how he was selective and far from a man cave type person, really a compliment I think.

I stated that a person could naturally get spoiled by so many expensive toys but he deserved it all from his hard work and his great talent... In no way was I being derogatory towards him -- if it came across that way I deeply apologize -- and I made a little joke about his sneakers just laying there amid all his otherwise fine and neat furnishings... please forgive my moment of what I thought was a humorous observation.

I guess I should have merely posted something like, "Cool pad"... or maybe alluded to his partying ways like so many threads have before this one.

... Why the **** am I forced to defend an innocent post?
Don't be so defensive, man. Maybe it's just the nature of message boards posts that made mine sound like I was condemning you. I wasn't exactly sure what you meant in your post and if you were in fact knocking him or not. You have every right to an opinion of him and his home. And I have every right to question you why lol. It's not a big deal. It's a cool pad.

Cleary84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 06:16 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Damn that house amazing.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 06:20 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleary84 View Post
Don't be so defensive, man. Maybe it's just the nature of message boards posts that made mine sound like I was condemning you. I wasn't exactly sure what you meant in your post and if you were in fact knocking him or not. You have every right to an opinion of him and his home. And I have every right to question you why lol. It's not a big deal. It's a cool pad.
Yes, tremendous pad and one any guy would want for sure.

I don't how you could expect me not to get defensive... I just didn't understand why I was kinda called out on it... I suppose I can man up and say that maybe my wording was not what I wanted to be in clarity and it was open for incorrect interpretation, and let's let it go at that.

I any case I wasn't really upset, as much as a tad befuddled... I hope my prior explanation cleared up my original post... No problem whatsoever.

BTW/FWIW: I liked Richie as both a player and as a personality... had mixed feelings on his being ready to be captain, even after a couple years on the job... I doubt there were problems between him and the Organization stemming from his lifestyle, but believe there were problems between him and the local Media. I can believe there may have been problems in the Room dealing with leadership, but am not convinced one way or another and may never know... I do like the return and I'm optimistic about the future with the young talent now on board, at least the potential.

I harbour no ill feelings toward Richie and wish him well going forth in everything that does not negatively effect the Flyers... and I wish him well with his wonderful life outside of the rink; we should all be so well set up and have such great taste.

Peace.

Last edited by Sawdalite: 10-02-2011 at 07:23 PM.
Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 06:36 PM
Le Oranje

Why'd he have to go

Le Oranje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 05:57 AM
GirouxGiroux
Visioneer

vCash: 0
I can't watch **** like that. I have nothing against people who are well off and I'm happy for the ones that deserve it and/or are good people. I just can't sit and drool over their ****, it's depressing.

GirouxGiroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 09:54 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

vCash: 156
I am in the wrong line of work.

10-03-2011, 10:55 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie