HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Purinton Takes Detour To Hartford

Closed Thread

Old
10-19-2005, 06:18 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Purinton Takes Detour To Hartford

Quote:
When he cleared waivers Oct. 6, he had no choice but to accept an assignment to the Pack if he wanted to collect his $632,000 salary.

The Rangers had no room for him on their roster, so it was back to the minors. When, and if, he makes it back to the Rangers, Purinton still must serve the 10-game suspension, so the Rangers won't be calling him up if they need immediate help
http://www.courant.com/sports/hockey...adlines-hockey

Is this guy finished in the NHL?Tom Renney has no use for Purinton.Even if the Rangers suffered some injuries on defense,calling up Purinton is useless.He will not be available to play until he serves the 10 game suspension.The Rangers are not going to waste the roster spot because he would count against the roster during his suspension.Even if he was recalled by the Rangers,no team would claim him on waivers even if the Rangers took 1/2 the salary cap hit which is part of the new CBA

Old
10-19-2005, 06:20 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Hell, if he's playing in HFD, isn't he taking a roster space away from someone else who deserves it, like a Pock/Lampman/Baranka?

Cut him loose!

(Good move to have him off the mother club, though.)

Old
10-19-2005, 07:37 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Purinton is signed through 2006-07-it's $522,500.If they buy him out,2/3 of that count counts against the cap.Does Dale like Charlotte?

Old
10-19-2005, 08:17 AM
shoothepuck

Pinky's Bar@Grill in Ft. Wayne Indiana, is having a Knochwust festival next week and the need a bouncer. Dale is perfect for the job.

Old
10-19-2005, 04:22 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy
http://www.courant.com/sports/hockey...adlines-hockey

Is this guy finished in the NHL?Tom Renney has no use for Purinton.Even if the Rangers suffered some injuries on defense,calling up Purinton is useless.He will not be available to play until he serves the 10 game suspension.The Rangers are not going to waste the roster spot because he would count against the roster during his suspension.Even if he was recalled by the Rangers,no team would claim him on waivers even if the Rangers took 1/2 the salary cap hit which is part of the new CBA
Has Tom Renney actually said he has no use for Purinton? I haven't heard that. And in the article you cite, Schoenfeld says:
"Schoenfeld said Purinton's demotion wasn't linked to refusing to accept the conditioning assignment.

"It's early in the season, and the Rangers don't have any injuries, so there were more healthy bodies than roster spots," Schoenfeld said. "They made their evaluations, but now Dale has to play well and show people he's an NHL defenseman. ... This doesn't mean his time with the Rangers is over. Dale is a competitive person who came to me and said he was ready to play and improve. He's hoping we can help him get back to where he wants to be."

Old
10-19-2005, 04:31 PM
JCProdigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
Has Tom Renney actually said he has no use for Purinton? I haven't heard that. And in the article you cite, Schoenfeld says:
"Schoenfeld said Purinton's demotion wasn't linked to refusing to accept the conditioning assignment.

"It's early in the season, and the Rangers don't have any injuries, so there were more healthy bodies than roster spots," Schoenfeld said. "They made their evaluations, but now Dale has to play well and show people he's an NHL defenseman. ... This doesn't mean his time with the Rangers is over. Dale is a competitive person who came to me and said he was ready to play and improve. He's hoping we can help him get back to where he wants to be."
But the problem is that even if someone were to go down with an injury, Purinton would not be of any immediate help since he'd have to sit out ten games. I don't know what they could do with him.

Old
10-19-2005, 04:45 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCProdigy
But the problem is that even if someone were to go down with an injury, Purinton would not be of any immediate help since he'd have to sit out ten games. I don't know what they could do with him.
That's why he's been recalled, so he can serve the suspension and then the team can decide what do with him. In any case, Strudick is still on the roster and Lampman and Pck can be called up if someone goes on the IR.

Old
10-19-2005, 05:11 PM
JCProdigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
That's why he's been recalled, so he can serve the suspension and then the team can decide what do with him. In any case, Strudick is still on the roster and Lampman and Pck can be called up if someone goes on the IR.
Yep saw the recall after I posted this...now they know what to do with him...sit him on his *** for ten games and then either play him or let him go.

Closed Thread