HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Leafs and Oilers in talks

Old
10-02-2011, 06:38 PM
vezna*
Canada's Team

vCash: 500
dreger said it http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=874517

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93gilmour93 View Post
richard cloutier a writter on hockeybuzz is saying hemsky re injured his shoulder that he had surgery on and its looking like he's not starting the season. Here's the quotes,

Ales Hemsky - Re-injured shoulder post-surgery; questionable to start the season

The Hemsky injury situation appears to be more serious than first reported. Word after the hit against Minnie was that Hemsky just had a bump and would be okay. Now it's beginning to sound like Hemsky will miss some time because he wasn't ready for contact yet. No matter what the situation is, the injury hurts the Oilers in more ways than one. Can't play Hemsky, likely can't deal him either. Time is ticking down on the last year of his contract, and considering his health issues, I'm not re-signing Hemsky if I'm Steve Tambellini.

Same old hemsky
man that's kind of sad. but funny how oiler fans keep refusing to acknowledge that his injuries lower his value. he's not going to return a PPG player value.

vezna* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 06:46 PM
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is

vCash: 1400
Send a message via MSN to Poignant Discussion Send a message via Yahoo to Poignant Discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post
You think the past 2 seasons reflect more than what he did the 7 prior? Because that's my argument, not just what he did 1 season 6 years ago(i never said that). Hockey players suffer major injuries, the timing of his injuries has greatly exaggerated his woes, IMO. I think i offered a very reasonable response as to why i think that is. In fact it's rather rare for a player not to suffer 1 or 2 major injuries in a career. I'm not claiming to be infalliable, he may get hurt and have to retire tommorow, but i don't think one can reasonably conclude that, or even that he will be hurt more than not, from his career history. Fair?
Injury wise, absolutely. If your argument was he was a 80 point scorer year 1-6 and a 40 point scorer year 7 and 8, I could see a change of scenery argument. But injuries man, it's easier to get hurt when you get older and it's even easier to get hurt of you have been hurt before.

Not to mention the Leafs have enough injury prone players to start a small island with, just not the right time nor the right player

Poignant Discussion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 06:46 PM
Eskimo44

Oh so the part about the prospect is irrelevant. A low first (30th overall pick), Colbourne, and a conditional 2nd really isn't that far off from a 2nd and a prospect. It's in the range. The only thing different at the time was a slightly higher pick, and the chance of a 2nd.

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 06:47 PM
North

According to Renney, Hemsky is not injured.

North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 06:47 PM
I3ig13ig

Quote:
Originally Posted by vezna View Post
dreger said it http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=874517

man that's kind of sad. but funny how oiler fans keep refusing to acknowledge that his injuries lower his value. he's not going to return a PPG player value.
How the **** is anyone supposed to take you seriously when you use Hockey Buzz as a source?!?!?!

Thats like going to court and citing Urban Dictionairy as a source

I3ig13ig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 06:49 PM
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?

Quote:
Oh so the part about the prospect is irrelevant. A low first (30th overall pick), Colbourne, and a conditional 2nd really isn't that far off from a 2nd and a prospect. It's in the range. The only thing different at the time was a slightly higher pick, and the chance of a 2nd.
If anyone had suggested the Boston 1st, Colborne and the conditional 2nd they'd have been ridiculed and mocked (as you can see from the ass-hattery in that thread).

Just goes to show how stupid some people are on this site, they make smug comments thinking they have any idea how the GM works from their chair behind their computer screens.

Nizdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 06:52 PM
birddog*

Quote:
What the Hell does the Leafs have to do with this. Who said the Leafs should give up a 1st++, certainly not me. I never argued against anything you said. I give you a legitimate source and it's not good enough. Sheesh. BTW, that comment was from an NHL executive not our "dreaming reporter".
You quoted a guy saying the price was similar to the Penner package in a frggin thread that is "Leafs and Oilers in Talks".

Figure it out dude -- put 2 and 2 together.

Oh, and by the way, looks like your prediction "chances are he will miss the average amount of games" is looking bleak. Hemsky re-injured his shoulder and probably won't be ready to start the season.

Could be just me but an injury that won't go away after a year might have some impact on his long term health.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 06:52 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poignant Discussion View Post
Injury wise, absolutely. If your argument was he was a 80 point scorer year 1-6 and a 40 point scorer year 7 and 8, I could see a change of scenery argument. But injuries man, it's easier to get hurt when you get older and it's even easier to get hurt of you have been hurt before.

Not to mention the Leafs have enough injury prone players to start a small island with, just not the right time nor the right player
Please stop mentioning the Leafs i never said anything about Hemsky going there. I was only addressing his injuries. Gaborik and Statsny have both rebounded from earlier injury troubles, as have numerous others. I could see your point if we were comparing the last 2 season to only 2 prior but 7 prior seasons is far to big a sample size to dismiss in favour. Also Hemsky is in his prime, he's not old by any means his body can recover. The injury he suffered the past 2 seasons is considered rarely reoccuring once fixed by surgery. The particular injury is more important than anything when determinig the likelihood of him suffering another.

Old
10-02-2011, 06:53 PM
birddog*

Quote:
Please stop mentioning the Leafs i never said anything about Hemsky going there. I was only addressing his injuries. Gaborik and Statsny have both rebounded from earlier injury troubles, as have numerous others. I could see your point if we were comparing the last 2 season to only 2 prior but 7 prior seasons is far to big a sample size to dismiss in favour. Also Hemsky is in his prime, he's not old by any means his body can recover. The injury he suffered the past 2 seasons is considered rarely reoccuring once fixed by surgery. The particular injury is more important than anything when determinig the likelihood of him suffering another.
Dude the thread is "Leafs and Oilers in Talks".

And Gaborik and Stastny were both brutal last year.

EDIT: Rarely occuring? Like you mean recurring NOW?

Old
10-02-2011, 06:55 PM
93gilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by I3ig13ig View Post
How the **** is anyone supposed to take you seriously when you use Hockey Buzz as a source?!?!?!

Thats like going to court and citing Urban Dictionairy as a source
Even though eklund is what he is, there are good writers on the site also.

93gilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 06:57 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
You quoted a guy saying the price was similar to the Penner package in a frggin thread that is "Leafs and Oilers in Talks".

Figure it out dude -- put 2 and 2 together.

Oh, and by the way, looks like your prediction "chances are he will miss the average amount of games" is looking bleak. Hemsky re-injured his shoulder and probably won't be ready to start the season.

Could be just me but an injury that won't go away after a year might have some impact on his long term health.
We are discussing an issue that evoved in the thread, not the op. Figure it out dude. I never said anything about the leafs, we are discussing Hemsky. Just because the op is about Leaf Oiler discussions doesn't mean we can't debate a relevant topic unpuruant any deal. You said something untrue of Hemsky and i rebutted it, that's not unreasonable.

Old
10-02-2011, 06:59 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:
The issue is this isn't being reported anywhere else. Why should we believe a writer at a site known for fabricating things over actual reputable sources. It could be true but quoting Hockeybuzz shouldn't convince anyone.

Old
10-02-2011, 07:01 PM
birddog*

Quote:
The issue is this isn't being reported anywhere else. Why should we believe a writer at a site known for fabricating things over actual reputable sources. It could be true but quoting Hockeybuzz shouldn't convince anyone.
It's obvious you believe what you want to believe.

Old
10-02-2011, 07:01 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:

i never said occuring, i may have spelt recurring wrong but that doesn't dimish the validity of my comments. I'm not going to fret over spelling, i worry about facts.

Old
10-02-2011, 07:04 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:

I'm reffering to health not production, can you really not figure that out? And neither was at their best, but saying they were brutal is ridiculous. Statsny put up solid numbers and was only a minus 7 playing for a brutal team.

Old
10-02-2011, 07:05 PM
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!

Now that Brule is waived, is there any Oilers fan who think he has even an ounce of value?

Fearless Leaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 07:06 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:
It's obvious you believe what you want to believe.
Yeah Hockeybuzz is a valid source, especially when it's contrary to all the REAL sources. Get real. I said it may be true but i won't be convinced by an unconnected blogger on a fake rumor site.

Old
10-02-2011, 07:07 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupes View Post
Now that Brule is waived, is there any Oilers fan who think he has even an ounce of value?
I don't think there are many Oiler fans shocked that he was waived. I never argued he was worth anything, neither did most Oil fans

Old
10-02-2011, 07:09 PM
Jamin

Quote:
lol man seriously? Richard cloutierer a good writer? he lives in a basement in sherwood park, he is no different if i wrote for hockey buzz except i read the local newspaper and would have better sources them his mind

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 07:16 PM
93gilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin View Post
lol man seriously? Richard cloutierer a good writer? he lives in a basement in sherwood park, he is no different if i wrote for hockey buzz except i read the local newspaper and would have better sources them his mind
I don't know richard cloutier that well so I can't say one way or another but there are other guys who are credible on the site if anyone likes them or not.

93gilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 07:53 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
I don't know richard cloutier that well so I can't say one way or another but there are other guys who are credible on the site if anyone likes them or not.
And I think Renney is a bit more reliable than any of them...

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 08:22 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
I'm convinced that Eklund gets bored and just reads what's going on on these boards and takes something we're talking about a tries to turn it into a rumor most of the time...

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 09:28 PM
Usual_Suspect

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
I'm convinced that Eklund gets bored and just reads what's going on on these boards and takes something we're talking about a tries to turn it into a rumor most of the time...
Who would think that suggesting trade rumours involving Edmonton and Toronto would generate interest and drive traffic? That's crazy talk!

Usual_Suspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 09:32 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan311 View Post
If anyone had suggested the Boston 1st, Colborne and the conditional 2nd they'd have been ridiculed and mocked (as you can see from the ass-hattery in that thread).

Just goes to show how stupid some people are on this site, they make smug comments thinking they have any idea how the GM works from their chair behind their computer screens.
Just because some here say one thing doesn't mean we all believe that. The deal isn't rradiaclly different fromwhat was proposed, we all know Boston paid a preminum. They truly believed he was the missing piece so they overpaid. Adding a conditional pick isn't far off from what Dreger said. Boston's 1st was going to be at best 10 picks away from a 2nd and 25 away from a playoff teams 2nd rounder(It was only 15). What Dreger reported was reasonable, sometimes players garner more or less but it was in the range.

I still can't believe 2 people had the audacity to flat out lie and say it was reported as a 2nd only. A prospect adds a lot of variance.

Old
10-02-2011, 09:57 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:
When did i say he will be 100% healthy? When did i say the past 2 don't matter? When did i address what his value is? Please answer these last 3 questions with direct quotes, it should be easly as that's apparently what i said..
Challenge not accepted i assume.