HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan Ellis

Old
10-02-2011, 07:33 PM
Kmode

vCash: 500
Ryan Ellis

I drafted him in my money league with hopes he will make the opening night roster and contribute right away.

Will he? How has he looked in camp and what is the word on his chances of sticking around?

Thanks guys!

Kmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 07:35 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

It seems as if after his game last night he may in fact make the team

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 07:49 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
It seems as if after his game last night he may in fact make the team
I think he sticks around this week for practice, but can't see him starting the year here. Ellis should go to Milwaukee and play 20+ minutes a night, not 5-8 mins ES and 2nd unit PP time in the NHL to start.

He's looked pretty good, but he will be best served by playing the majority of this season in the AHL.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 08:35 PM
maplepred

I think by midseason he is a regular on predators.

I still remember being at a Kitchener rangers game vs Windsor spitfires and it was in Kitchener.
So many people were heckling Ellis but he was smiling and played a great game! I had seats right beside the windsor bench and during a timeout Ryan was sitting on bench catching his breath, I yelled in through the glass,
Hey Ryan! He ignored me figuring I was probably another heckler, then I yelled,
Good luck next year in Nashville bro!
And he turned around smiled and nodded at me! I thought it was pretty cool because he's predators top prospect and my personal favorite!

Also talked to jack Campbell a little who was their goalie, but they had the back up in net that night. Campbell is stars prospect but also very cool guy, I asked him for a Ryan Ellis stick that had broke but when he went to hand it to me, an assistant coached grabbed it and said they return them to company lol, I was like damn!

Ellis has been best defenseman on junior hockey for last couple years and I think he is going to be a superstar!
If Poile 'is' trying to land a star forward, I prey he holds onto Ryan!

maplepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 09:16 PM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
I think he sticks around this week for practice, but can't see him starting the year here. Ellis should go to Milwaukee and play 20+ minutes a night, not 5-8 mins ES and 2nd unit PP time in the NHL to start.

He's looked pretty good, but he will be best served by playing the majority of this season in the AHL.
slake, is there any timetable for bouillon coming back? Don't we carry 7d usually?

Assuming no last minute d pickup...(which i think would be a slap in the face to both ellis and ekholm)..... who stays up here?

if the 5 and 6 are hillen and laakso...

i'm not saying what would be best for both of their developments... but who is number 7?

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 09:22 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
slake, is there any timetable for bouillon coming back? Don't we carry 7d usually?

Assuming no last minute d pickup...(which i think would be a slap in the face to both ellis and ekholm)..... who stays up here?

if the 5 and 6 are hillen and laakso...

i'm not saying what would be best for both of their developments... but who is number 7?
I believe the third pair is in fact going to be Laakso and Hillen, but personally I wouldn't keep either Ellis or Ekholm as a No. 7 because it doesn't serve their development.

We can start the year with 6 defensemen being in Columbus and St. Louis, both are short enough trips that an extra could be recalled if needed from Milwaukee...

Old
10-02-2011, 10:27 PM
lstcyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
I believe the third pair is in fact going to be Laakso and Hillen, but personally I wouldn't keep either Ellis or Ekholm as a No. 7 because it doesn't serve their development.

We can start the year with 6 defensemen being in Columbus and St. Louis, both are short enough trips that an extra could be recalled if needed from Milwaukee...
Using 6 d would give us the flexibility to avoid a decision about a forward also.

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 10:38 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr View Post
Using 6 d would give us the flexibility to avoid a decision about a forward also.
I think Stortini sticks as 13th forward. Geoffrion and K. Wilson sent down, but might have to time clearing K. Wilson through waivers this week to avoid a claim. Not subject to recall waivers (AHL salary of $105k), but is subject to waivers going down...

I've been saying since last season that Geoffrion would start the year in Milwaukee. It won't be a popular decision, but especially with his wrist injury it'll pay dividends in the long run for him to play top 6 minutes with the Ads rather than 4th line minutes here to start the year. Blake will be this year's Spaling. First injury, he'll be back for good...