HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Phillies' Baseball (MLB): How Many Aces Does It Take To Win A Playoff Series?

Closed Thread

Old
10-02-2011, 11:51 PM
PhillyFlying

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
It's just frustrating, you give Lee a 4 run lead and he has to hold it. he couldnt even go 7 tonight.
the long bottom halves of the first three innings probably didn't help.

Old
10-02-2011, 11:56 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
I missed the game but taped it on my DVR. Looks like I might just delete the dam thing. Bad day in the Delaware Valley. However Cole will do his thing and righten the ship
Hey before I delete this game. Did PuckBoy33 make a appearance with the costume he brought?

Old
10-02-2011, 11:56 PM
Justified
Amaro out

vCash: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phileeguy View Post
He was good, but I don't know if I'd say he was "very good" in September (yes I know I'm meandering into semantics here). He pitched well in NY and in Milwaukee, but poorly in Houston and average in Florida, and gave up those 2 bombs against the Cards. He's been making pitches, but lately he's been leaving that one killer pitch that gets hit into the stands a lot more often. He's given up 19 HRs all year, but 9 of those came in September. Can't do that against the Cards. He's also walked 9 batters in September which matched his monthly high.

It was kinda an up and down month for Cole. Here's hoping it's UP against the Cards.
The Home Runs is the only thing that concerns me. Im pretty confident that he pitch the way he did for the first 5 months of the season Tuesday. He has good numbers at Busch Stadium and his numbers in day games this year are great. Also the fact that they either have Jackson/Westbrook starting game 4 against Oswalt who has been throwing alot better lately.

Old
10-03-2011, 12:57 AM
Readyrock
(・_・;)

The Phillies were the very lucky recipients of a dead Kyle Lohse change-up in Game 1.

Other than that, things look pretty frightening.

Old
10-03-2011, 01:15 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Readyrock View Post
The Phillies were the very lucky recipients of a dead Kyle Lohse change-up in Game 1.

I wouldn't go that far.

Big pitching edge in a possible game 5.

Cardinals game 4 starter Edwin Jackson is a right handed non-junkball starter, the kind they typically hammer.

Hamels vs. Garcia is a very winnable game, even with the trouble they normally have against Garcia.

Old
10-03-2011, 04:12 AM
Mike2000z28

Geez, i never thought the pitching would goto crap and thats what its been doing. I mean if your going to have a hard time against St Louis, it only gets harder so people need to step up.

Old
10-03-2011, 07:27 AM
might2mash
Post-apocalyptic

Send a message via AIM to might2mash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
I have faith in Cole.
This was the game I was least comfortable about when they announced the matchups. Cole has been giving up moonshots with frequency all of a sudden, and we've never been able to hit Garcia around.

I had no problem with Charlie burning Gload to get a LH reliever into the game. I have a problem that he didn't try to make the best of that by putting your best RH pinch-hitter in Mayberry up there. Francisco has no business being in a meaningful situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Readyrock View Post

That's who Kyle Lohse is. And they beat up the Cards bullpen and then took advantage of a tired Carpenter. The offense was actually quite good until they had SIX INNINGS against a maligned Cards BP and did nothing. Their approaches at the plate were all wrong, though I must say Meals' strike zone didn't help anyone.

Old
10-03-2011, 08:16 AM
PuckBoy33

Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
Hey before I delete this game. Did PuckBoy33 make a appearance with the costume he brought?

Security put the kabosh on me wearing the angry bird costume inside CBP. I decided to hang out in McFadden's with it on until the 4th inning. Took it off, put it in the back of my suv and went inside to watch the rest of the game. It's weird things began to go downhill as soon as I was there. To make matters worse, when I got back to my truck after the game the back window was smashed and the costume was missing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10022011a7.jpg‎ (4.2 KB, 36 views)

Old
10-03-2011, 08:43 AM
healthyscratch

Quote:
Originally Posted by might2mash View Post
I have a problem that he didn't try to make the best of that by putting your best RH pinch-hitter in Mayberry up there. Francisco has no business being in a meaningful situation.
FRANCISCO, REALLY??? was what I yelled. Dude had 2 at bats in the last month? terrible move there, I guess Chollie was saving Mayberry for extra innings defensive work? Doesn't matter when you're still losing, use your best available when down a run IMO.

Old
10-03-2011, 09:11 AM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckBoy33 View Post
Security put the kabosh on me wearing the angry bird costume inside CBP. I decided to hang out in McFadden's with it on until the 4th inning. Took it off, put it in the back of my suv and went inside to watch the rest of the game. It's weird things began to go downhill as soon as I was there. To make matters worse, when I got back to my truck after the game the back window was smashed and the costume was missing.
Wow, that is terrible. Hopefully the ****** that did it left his fingerprints on that beer bottle sitting on the back dash.

Old
10-03-2011, 09:13 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Damn dude that ****ing sucks.

Old
10-03-2011, 11:25 AM
Justified
Amaro out

Quote:
Originally Posted by might2mash View Post
This was the game I was least comfortable about when they announced the matchups. Cole has been giving up moonshots with frequency all of a sudden, and we've never been able to hit Garcia around.
The way I look at Hamels September is that on a bunch of his home runs he was ahead in the count and he makes a foolish pitch. Take the last one to Uggla for example, he throws him two great off speed pitches then he throws him a fastball out over the plate that is hit for a Home Run. Hitting Garcia will be a problem but imo the Cardinals hitting Hamels will be more difficult. Other than Berkman and Theriot, no one on has hit him well.

Last edited by Justified: 10-03-2011 at 11:47 AM.
Old
10-03-2011, 02:50 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Dude I am sorry to hear that.

Old
10-03-2011, 03:01 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
I don't know if I'm buying this, it looks like whoever did this would have had a pretty rough time getting something out of the back seat of your car.

Old
10-03-2011, 03:29 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

I'm at about a 7.3 on the nervous scale. Anyone else worried?

Old
10-03-2011, 03:48 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Can someone do me a favor and tell me if this picture looks familiar? I can't quite tell...

http://www.fox8live.com/news/local/s...mpeoPcjUQ.cspx

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
10-03-2011, 03:57 PM
Risky F
Don't Mess Up.

Not a troll, but Cliff Lee is just not a September pitcher anymore. He showed it last night. I do expect Cole Hamels to shut down the Cards pretty easy in Game 3.

Old
10-03-2011, 03:57 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Can someone do me a favor and tell me if this picture looks familiar? I can't quite tell...

http://www.fox8live.com/news/local/s...mpeoPcjUQ.cspx
Haha. See my post two above. That story seemed a little too fishy for my liking.

Old
10-03-2011, 03:58 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
Nah, not yet. If they lose tomorrow, I will be. It's a three game series now and we have Hamels-Oswalt-Halladay (possibly even Hamels-Halladay-Lee if things get hairy tomorrow night).

Old
10-03-2011, 04:05 PM
Justified
Amaro out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
no because I have a firm belief in Hamels, and even if they lose Doc most likely will be pitching on short rest versus Edwin Jackson. I would even be confident with Oswalt in that game. Then game 5 would be either Doc/Lee versus Carpenter. I would say Im at a 1.6.

Old
10-03-2011, 04:07 PM
Justified
Amaro out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risky F View Post
Not a troll, but Cliff Lee is just not a September pitcher anymore. He showed it last night. I do expect Cole Hamels to shut down the Cards pretty easy in Game 3.
well considering that fact that yesterday was October 2nd, who cares if he isnt a September pitcher. He struggled in September last year and 2009 so you are correct.

Old
10-03-2011, 05:00 PM
Risky F
Don't Mess Up.

postseason, whatever.

Old
10-03-2011, 05:32 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 50
7-3 career in the post-season... 7-2 before last night.. IIRC

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
Old
10-03-2011, 05:42 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0otnSc0re View Post
7-3 career in the post-season... 7-2 before last night.. IIRC
0-3 last three postseason starts with an ERA about 7.00 IRC, which is what I think the other poster was alluding to.

That being said, he is Cliff Lee, I don't care about his last three post season starts, I only care about his next one. He'll rebound. Nbd.

Old
10-03-2011, 08:24 PM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 200
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858

Closed Thread