HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NY Islanders concept logo

Old
09-28-2011, 01:18 AM
Tweed

vCash: 500
NY Islanders concept logo

Hey guys,

I was going through my old photoshop files getting ready to archive stuff to clean up my hd a bit, and I came across something I was messing around with awhile back. My brother and I were discussing design, and I was pulling up several NHL logos, citing various points, and we came to the Isles logo. I explained to him while I like the colour palette and the heritage behind the look, I felt that the hated Captain Highliner was a valiant effort in the right direction. I began messing around in photoshop taking various elements from some of the secondary logos and came up with an amalgamation that I thought looked not too bad.

Anyway, I figured before I burn the thing to DVD and stick it in my closet never to be seen again, I'd show it to you guys since if there's anybody out there that would give two-craps to see it, it might be you.

Forgive the retouch job, as I was working in low-res, and had never planned on really showing anybody. I think you can follow the concept clearly enough though.

I don't "love" the perspective on the lighthouse, in particular the fatness of the bottom portion, so it would need to get addressed, but it is what it is for a rough mock-up.

Tweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 07:56 AM
Mr Wentworth
Arch Duke of Raleigh

Looks like it was ran over by a steamroller.

Mr Wentworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 10:34 AM
Isles Junkie

i like it except for the flatness of it.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 02:38 AM
Bill Omie*

I like it. Could be tweaked a little. But its pretty sweet

Bill Omie* is offline   Reply With Quote