HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dreger via TSN - LEAFS LOOK TO UPGRADE

Old
10-03-2011, 04:41 AM
Man Bear Pig

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyGrinder View Post
lol if you think you have impact prospects to get a player like Jamie Benn then power to you.

Sorry but bringing the thread to reality isn't taking a pot shot at the Leafs. They'll be lucky to get a player like Malone.
Knowing what it would likely take to get Malone I honestly wouldn't even want him. We could use a player like him, so could every other team, but chances are we get injuries then suddenly don't want to move a d-man. Burke has stated for years he likes having too many NHL quality d-men. It's no coincidence that we have too many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpie View Post
Is this the cue for the Gunnersson,Bozak and Leafs 2nd for the other teams best player?
Oh right, I guess that's the troll cue correct?

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 06:11 AM
Ave Maria
New Season New Dream

Send a message via Skype™ to Ave Maria
Rangers dont need EC pretty much, so him and a 3rd for a decent D-Man

Ave Maria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 06:17 AM
Northern Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumway2 View Post
I can't believe how the media just eats up stuff Brian Burke says. He's just a lot of hot air. He says things all GMs think. They just don't vocalize them because they're obvious. Yet whatever this fool says gets blown up like some huge scoop. God I hate the media.
Why do you read the media then and why did you even open this thread as maybe its just me, but I do not do things I hate.

Northern Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 06:19 AM
cenas*

Leafs trades and picks always bring hilarity

cenas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 06:28 AM
Sterling31
YNWA - TML

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardsequalscup View Post
Again, the Rangers have a ton of young, talented young defenseman. The Leafs don't. The Rangers would add a low cost vet if it was a defenseman.

Personally, I don't think the Leafs have enough defenseman. I watched them the other night. Their defenseman are awful. The forwards and defenseman have no clue how to kill penalties. The Leafs just flat out stink.

They have terrible role players and they don't draft 2 way forwards.
The only thing I can see is the Rangers putting together a package of Avery, Bourque, Kundratek and Hagelin for Kadri.

It's 50/50 that Kadri turns out to be a good NHL, scoring forward. Worth the risk from the Rangers. Leafs can eat one year of Avery. In Bourque and Hagelin the Leafs will have their top PK pairing for a decade. Those guys also have some offensive game. Kundratek should be a nice, stay at home defenseman in the long run. He just can't make the Rangers young defense because it's too talented.

It's not that easy to find top PK forwards that have the offensive ability to play on the 3rd line. The Leafs don't have anybody like that. I think they should concentrate on fixing that problem. They will be drafting in the top 7 so they can draft another scoring forward.
whats the lotto numbers?

Sterling31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 06:41 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 375
every team needs to upgrade somewhere.

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 06:46 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
3 loonies for a quarter sounds more like a burke trade. Or does he get a gimme for the kessel deal?
I think you have to throw them all in a bucket and then take a count.

Kubina trade
Beauchemin trade
Kessel trade
Ponikarovsky trade
Antropov trade
Kaberle trade
Franson trade

Probably comes out somewhere around okay.

Desjardins estimates that about 40% of the game is captured by Corsi analysis.
ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 06:50 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
lol if you think you have impact prospects to get a player like Jamie Benn then power to you.

Sorry but bringing the thread to reality isn't taking a pot shot at the Leafs. They'll be lucky to get a player like Malone.
Moving Malone wouldn't be based on overpayment it would be based on Yzerman moving Malone for value, and perhaps money. Yes, I get the the owner if rich, but I'm sure he's a business man with a concept of a balanced budget, or controlled loss.

ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 06:54 AM
RomanianLeafs

Quote:
Again, the Rangers have a ton of young, talented young defenseman. The Leafs don't. The Rangers would add a low cost vet if it was a defenseman.

Personally, I don't think the Leafs have enough defenseman. I watched them the other night. Their defenseman are awful. The forwards and defenseman have no clue how to kill penalties. The Leafs just flat out stink.

The only thing I can see is the Rangers putting together a package of Avery, Bourque, Kundratek and Hagelin for Kadri.

It's 50/50 that Kadri turns out to be a good NHL, scoring forward. Worth the risk from the Rangers. Leafs can eat one year of Avery. In Bourque and Hagelin the Leafs will have their top PK pairing for a decade. Those guys also have some offensive game. Kundratek should be a nice, stay at home defenseman in the long run. He just can't make the Rangers young defense because it's too talented.

It's not that easy to find top PK forwards that have the offensive ability to play on the 3rd line. The Leafs don't have anybody like that. I think they should concentrate on fixing that problem. They will be drafting in the top 7 so they can draft another scoring forward.
speaks the fan of a team who picks top 3 if their goalie suffers a serious injury..dude stop posting crap, richardsequalcup ?? in what sport ??

RomanianLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 06:59 AM
Connor McJesus
Praise

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanianLeafs View Post
speaks the fan of a team who picks top 3 if their goalie suffers a serious injury..dude stop posting crap, richardsequalcup ?? in what sport ??
'04, Conn Smythe

btw your AV was put on waivers recently

Connor McJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 07:27 AM
Falconator

The Leafs have been looking for an upgrade for four decades, gonna be another long year in T.O.

Falconator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 07:32 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

I love the people that say we have no young talented D men. Perhaps you haven't heard of him but his Name is Jake Gardiner, he was acquired from the ducks in the deal that sent them beauchmin and he's likely to get a spot on the roster so if you don't know his name you soon will.

1 pre season game and people are willing to write our young D off I suguest you sit back and watch what the young Leafs do this year they are going to suprise A LOT of people

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 08:09 AM
Tommy Torini
Hell of a thing baby

Quote:

You never limited your pot-shot to prospects only. You said the Leafs "have no impact young players" That also implies you're talking about guys on our NHL roster.

Don't try to change what you said.

Tommy Torini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 08:24 AM
Jimmy Carter
Avs/Leafs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogthateats View Post
Shane Doan
That's the name that popped into my head while reading this

Jimmy Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 08:31 AM
Jimmy Carter
Avs/Leafs fan

Quote:

Avery and Phaneuf on the same team?

Jimmy Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 08:32 AM
Dark Knight
Lawson Crouse

I'm still baffled that Jamie Benn hasn't been recognized fully by fans of other teams. He's a stud in the making and played unreal hockey in the second half of last season. Dallas will most definitely ask for Luke Schenn in any proposals exchange, and still might not feel comfortable making the move.

Dark Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 08:48 AM
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
As much as I don't like him, Penner seems to be an integral part of the Kings offense this year. What's Toronto going to offer up to make the Kings deal him?
toronto can offer spare parts, scraps and cast-offs......didn't you know

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLeafer View Post
Talk about an article full of fluff. Yikes, Dreger.
Dreger as I've been pointing out for years is dreamy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
As opposed to another team that looks to decline?

Seriously, Dreger just pulled this out of his ass. It's not like some team is gonna go, hey, we have too many good players, we need to suck more.
actually it came out of his tube of brylcreem, one for the hair one for the tummy, one for the hair one for the tummy....and on it goes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltzBalla View Post
at leafs rumors. They never turn into anything.
holy cow! can you show me how to do that, man oh man you really got a handle on the interwebs thingy

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
3 loonies for a quarter sounds more like a burke trade. Or does he get a gimme for the kessel deal?
at the moment it's two slugs and a nice shiny, colourful and decorative sequin for that 50 cent piece

I didn't think it permissable for people with mod's in their titles to troll

therealkoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 08:48 AM
Chandrashekhar Limit
BUNGLADEISH

vCash: 283
Another insightful update from Dreger.

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 09:00 AM
Kamal007
A$VP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
I'm still baffled that Jamie Benn hasn't been recognized fully by fans of other teams. He's a stud in the making and played unreal hockey in the second half of last season. Dallas will most definitely ask for Luke Schenn in any proposals exchange, and still might not feel comfortable making the move.
They probably wouldn't even take Schenn+++++ for him.

Kamal007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 09:07 AM
Beleafer4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampbellBetterBeGOD View Post
Thanks for clarifying, but unlikely doesn't even describe how impossible it would be for the Leafs to attain Crosby from the Pens, Ovechkin from the Caps, or Benn from the Stars.

Here's a word that describes all of those scenarios:

Never - not ever; at no time, not at all; absolutely not. Never.

Hope that clarifies things a little more for ya.
Benn is in some great company over there .

Beleafer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 09:08 AM
Gardner McKay
Cupcake schedule.

vCash: 2679
I always thought Dubinsky would be the perfect player for the leafs, more so the type of player Brian Burke would love to have. Maybe I am wrong.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 09:22 AM
CellarDweller0

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
If you think a player like Neal or Benn is going to be going to the Leafs then prepare to be disappointing.

In most likely will be a guy like Malone.
First of all, read his entire post before replying. Saves you from looking like a fool.

Second of all, being a Calgary fan you should know fairly well some of the robberies BB can pull off.

CellarDweller0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 09:35 AM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Kubina trade
garnett exelby and colin stuart

Rhodes 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 09:35 AM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolskii View Post
I always thought Dubinsky would be the perfect player for the leafs, more so the type of player Brian Burke would love to have. Maybe I am wrong.
I bet he would too. Dubinsky isn't available though, Rangers are shallow at the wing position

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 09:40 AM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpie View Post
Is this the cue for the Gunnersson,Bozak and Leafs 2nd for the other teams best player?
"Beauchemin is worthless"
"Kaberle at best is worth a second rounder"

You guys are funny.

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote