HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Pirri over Kruger?

Old
10-03-2011, 10:59 AM
Spectra
Registered boozer

vCash: 500
Yeah, both got sent down but Pirri obviously had a much better camp.

I'm honestly surprised that Kruger looked as "bad" as he did, was expecting to see an improved player from what we saw last season. Know he worked very hard during the summer and his determination and dedication is almost on Toews level.

Anyway, playing top minutes in Rockford is the best route to take as it stands. I'm sure he'll get call ups and hopefully stick later in the season after injuries + the inevitable implosions of Scott, Mayers and maybe Carwreck happen.

Spectra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 11:23 AM
LandofLincoln

what

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectra View Post
Yeah, both got sent down but Pirri obviously had a much better camp.

I'm honestly surprised that Kruger looked as "bad" as he did, was expecting to see an improved player from what we saw last season. Know he worked very hard during the summer and his determination and dedication is almost on Toews level.

Anyway, playing top minutes in Rockford is the best route to take as it stands. I'm sure he'll get call ups and hopefully stick later in the season after injuries + the inevitable implosions of Scott, Mayers and maybe Carwreck happen.
Mayers and Carcillo are effective. Scott ok I agree with him being sent out, but you have to have grit. All skill is a weakness.

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 12:15 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
I would have liked to see Pirri on the team as a 4th line C who would get looks at the 2nd line spot and possibly even on the PP. It seems as if the Hawks are going to continue with the Kane at No. 2 C experiment and don't want Pirri getting limited minutes as a 4th line C here right now. I do expect to see him back with the Hawks within a month or two. He's determined and looks great so I think he'll get off to a really nice start in Rockford coming off such a good camp here.

As far as Kruger goes, he was a ghost out there. Last year, his defensive contributions were obvious. This year, he has been very invisible. He'll go to Rockford, get a lot of ice time in all situations and come back more prepared sometime during the year. The talent is there, the smarts are definitely there, but he is a very young player and just needs to iron some things out. Pirri had a better camp, that's not even a debate.
His defensive contributions were only so obvious because his play was under a microscope. He did well defensively, but he wasn't Sammy Pahlsson in his prime out there or anything.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote