HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings Camp Groups/Roster

Old
10-03-2011, 03:16 PM
Riofan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albi View Post
Voynov could easily make 2 milion €/year in the KHL.
If the Kings send him down, we can kiss him goodbye.
1. Voynov is under contract

Quote:
The NHL and the KHL signed yet another Memorandum of Understanding. The current MOU confirms that both sides agree to recognize and respect each other's contracts to avoid conflict situations with player transfers.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl-wp8892

2. Gained foothold (potential last cut) and likely won't spend entire season in Manchester

Quote:
Voynov: Spend the entire season in the AHL just not in my plans, but how will I not I know. You can certainly try to gain a foothold at the base. If this is not happens, we have agreed with the general manager of the club, so I gave them Two weeks out to get me to exchange(traded).
http://hawk.ru/press/33191.html

Riofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 03:17 PM
Maynard

Send a message via AIM to Maynard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
we'll still own his rights though. I would be ok if he signed a 1 or 2 year deal in the khl.
Hopefully he takes the train.

Maynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 03:18 PM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riofan View Post
1. Voynov is under contract

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl-wp8892

2. Gained foothold (potential last cut) and likely won't spend entire season in Manchester

http://hawk.ru/press/33191.html
I know we still hold his rights, but if he'll be back in Russia it won't be a good thing for his development NHL wise.

Albi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 03:19 PM
bobafettish*

Quote:
what's the point in developing him for 3 years in NA and then see him bolt for Russia and play there for 2 years? It would be crappy asset management IMO. Screw DD44, waive him and keep Voynov around, the chance will come.
I would prefer this action as well, but if Vovynov were to sign a 1 year deal and come back to us when there was a available spot, i think thats a better option than trading him.

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 03:19 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Voynov could easily make 2 milion €/year in the KHL.
If the Kings send him down, we can kiss him goodbye.
I don't think rookies in the KHL may anywhere near that type of money. Moller and Bud are in the low hundreds (with 200,000ish being thrown around for Bud) in the Swedish Elite Leagues and even though VV is likely better in the long-run he's still a prospect. KHL teams can throw the big bucks once in a while towards star players (NHL level or close) but they aren't in the same league as the NHL in terms of average salary 1 - 23. I'd be willing to bet that the lowest salary team in the NHL is higher then the highest in the KHL.

Still the thought of a few hundred thousand sure would sound good when you're making 80K a year like VV. That's nearly tripling his yearly earnings.

Tadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 03:22 PM
Albi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite View Post
I don't think rookies in the KHL may anywhere near that type of money. Moller and Bud are in the low hundreds (with 200,000ish being thrown around for Bud) in the Swedish Elite Leagues and even though VV is likely better in the long-run he's still a prospect. KHL teams can throw the big bucks once in a while towards star players (NHL level or close) but they aren't in the same league as the NHL in terms of average salary 1 - 23. I'd be willing to bet that the lowest salary team in the NHL is higher then the highest in the KHL.

Still the thought of a few hundred thousand sure would sound good when you're making 80K a year like VV. That's nearly tripling his yearly earnings.
Voynov is not a rookie in the KHL, as he already played 2 seasons there before being drafted - link. And about his contract, trust me Tad, he can easily sign a 2 milion € deal.

Old
10-03-2011, 03:25 PM
Albi

Quote:
I would prefer this action as well, but if Vovynov were to sign a 1 year deal and come back to us when there was a available spot, i think thats a better option than trading him.
If Lombardi trades him, he's an idiot.

Old
10-03-2011, 03:26 PM
Riofan

Quote:
I know we still hold his rights, but if he'll be back in Russia it won't be a good thing for his development NHL wise.
Correct me if I'm wrong. Voynov is on the 2nd year of his ELC (NHL contract). The KHL could not sign him, meaning the only way he goes back to Russia is if the Kings loan him to Tractor Chelyabinsk, which still owns his rights.

Riofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 03:42 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Voynov is not a rookie in the KHL, as he already played 2 seasons there before being drafted - link. And about his contract, trust me Tad, he can easily sign a 2 milion € deal.
How?

You might know more than me about the KHL salary structure, but wasn't the salary cap last year around $20 million USD? That would mean the average salary is approximately $800,000 (assuming a $20 million cap for a roster of 25 players which the KHL uses). I can't see Voinov earning 2.5 X the average salary, or more as you might be suggesting since you imply $2 million a year is easy for him to attain.

I know this year teams can list two players whose contracts doesn't count towards the salary cap, so that might provide an opportunity, but I don't see how a team would deem Voinov worthy of $2 million. Additionally, teams are already close to 20 per cent of the way through the regular season, so I'd assume those teams would pro-rate any contract he'd get.

If he can go, he'd still get paid more than $80K like he would in the AHL, but I don't see how he reaches $2 million like you suggest.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 03:56 PM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
How?

You might know more than me about the KHL salary structure, but wasn't the salary cap last year around $20 million USD? That would mean the average salary is approximately $800,000 (assuming a $20 million cap for a roster of 25 players which the KHL uses). I can't see Voinov earning 2.5 X the average salary, or more as you might be suggesting since you imply $2 million a year is easy for him to attain.

I know this year teams can list two players whose contracts doesn't count towards the salary cap, so that might provide an opportunity, but I don't see how a team would deem Voinov worthy of $2 million. Additionally, teams are already close to 20 per cent of the way through the regular season, so I'd assume those teams would pro-rate any contract he'd get.

If he can go, he'd still get paid more than $80K like he would in the AHL, but I don't see how he reaches $2 million like you suggest.
For what it's worth, I'm not the most well-versed on the KHL roster rules, but I'm assuming it's the same as most European leagues (and the former RSL), there's a maximum number of imports allowed on each roster. VV wouldn't count against that limit and as such would be more valuable than someone like Holloway. Not to mention, if he went back to Chelyabinsk, he'd be playing once again for his hometown team.

Josh Deitell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 04:18 PM
Shellz

Good news Kings fans. Tomorrow's final exhibition tuneup vs. the Hamburg Freezers will be streamed online -- albeit in German. Stay tuned for details.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 04:26 PM
bobafettish*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Good news Kings fans. Tomorrow's final exhibition tuneup vs. the Hamburg Freezers will be streamed online -- albeit in German. Stay tuned for details.
hoping for quality higher than vhs

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 04:38 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Yayy NHL.com!

Quote:
Good news: Tomorrow’s exhibition game between the Kings and Hamburg Freezers will be streamed on NHL.com. The game starts at 10 a.m.

Bad news: According to the email I just received, “The feed, however, may not be in English.” Seems the league might be picking up a local feed. Fortunately, hockey is a universal language.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 04:56 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Sucks for Slava, he deserved to stick and now he's probably gonna go to Russia. I really hope DL does not trade him.

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 05:04 PM
JPFT
Los Angeles Kings

Voynov and Loktionov are Kings. Seriously, they've shown so much and have done so for some time as well.

Management better deal with this appropriately, 'cause they're good. Make it clear they can easily make it as a call up, and make their chances for next year clear as well. And those should be high... pretty much given, as it is already earned.

JPFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 05:14 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
Yayy NHL.com!
No kidding! Seeing as I'll be stuck in front of a computer at work from 7am until 3pm (central time) this should make the day got by a whole lot faster...

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 05:18 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

I don't agree with the "decision" at all. Maybe it'd be better for Voynov's development to be in Manch, but there comes a point where you simply must put the best team on the ice. Parse and Drewiske suck (yes, I'm using that strong a word) and Voynov is light years ahead of those scrubs. I'm all for developing prospects slowly, but Voynov is ready. He was an all-star ffs. Besides, even as a 7th defensemen, he'd get around 30-40 games (and that's if nobody gets injured!!!). Stupid decision on management's part.

TwoForRoughing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 05:40 PM
Firestorm

How many games will Bernier play and what do you expect his performance to be?

Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 05:53 PM
KingNothing4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
Hopefully he takes the train.
Too early?

KingNothing4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 06:01 PM
vital

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNothing4 View Post
Too early?
I would say so...

vital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 06:30 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 2
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I think we need to waive DD44 and Parse and send them to Manchester. Have Voynov and Martinez compete for #5. He's proven himself, there is no need to lose a probable #3 defenseman over these trivialities.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 06:51 PM
Fishhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I think we need to waive DD44 and Parse and send them to Manchester. Have Voynov and Martinez compete for #5. He's proven himself, there is no need to lose a probable #3 defenseman over these trivialities.
Yep.

I understand the whole ice time thing with Voynov, but honestly, it's time to let Davis go. He's never complained, and he deserves a shot to actually play in the league. Someone who needs defensive help may give him a shot. Pretty sure the Oilers would pick him up, or perhaps the Rangers.

Voinov has shown he's a better player, and he's still improving. I feel he has nothing to prove in the AHL. It's pretty plain to see what he needs work on, and that's big strong guys getting around him on the outside. He's not going to get that in the AHL, he'll be better off in practice with the occasional game.

Fishhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 07:00 PM
DaAnimal

Quote:
hoping for quality higher than vhs
Sometimes i watch the habs game in French Canadian. So i'll be okay with German

DaAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 07:03 PM
Mxpunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Totally agree. This makes the most sense to me.

I thought Martinez did great last season, but I wouldn't be butt hurt if we could trade him and get someone decent in return. To me, Voynov can/will eventually bring to the table what Martinez brings.

Mxpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 07:07 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
Yayy NHL.com!
I understand German, so it's all good.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote