HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

TEAM990: McKenzie say most likely no suspension for Malone (official: no suspension)

Old
10-03-2011, 04:52 PM
habsjunkie2*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Well said. With this its almost like they acknowleged that vulnerability trumps recklessness. Doesn't send a good message.

I wouldn't have called for a suspension if Malone had held up, but he didn't and what he tried to was sufficiently evident. Not 100% clear, but clear enough IMO.
We're making progress here Andy, that's like 5 opinions in 2 days that we 100% agree on.

I think I like this getting along thing better than fighting over every little minute detail.

Whether Gionta is a 25-30 goal scorer notwithstanding. lol. Looking back it was a pretty silly argument. I didn't care fo the signing at the time, but he's earned every penny of it to this point. It wasn't really the dollar value that got me, it was the 5 years with the dollar value, i expected a drop in play somewhere throughout the contract. He hasn't really showed signs of that yet, but the contract isn't over. I also wasn't a big fan of adding another small guy to our top 6 and that likely made me over react a bit.

Last edited by habsjunkie2*: 10-03-2011 at 05:22 PM.
habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 04:55 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Shanahan is a great person but he is still surrounded by the same people that surrounded Campbell and Murphy. He will get GM pressure and peer pressure. This is more generalized than we think.

MAJOR cleanup needs to happen before anything changes.
I agree.. Shanahan is just the NHL's newest puppet and he's only repeating whatever the NHL wants him to say to the media IMO.. With the incompetent duo of Campbell and Murphy still in the NHL front office nothing will change until they are out.. You can be sure Campbell and Murphy are still having their say on disciplinary matters..

Total BS on the NHL's part once again..

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 05:09 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
We're making progress here Andy, that's like 5 opinions in 2 days that we 100% agree on.

I think I like this getting along thing better than fighting over every little minute detail.
We actually fight over very few things. Mostly about fighting/deterrence, the actual potential about the team and a couple of players. Aside from that there's very little to disagree about.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 05:12 PM
Habs13

lol... shannajoke... not shannaban.

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 05:13 PM
Belso

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
He should be a man and do his job, and do what's right. I've lost faith in Shanny already...
I thought he was doing a good job until now too.. I liked the whole video thing to explain suspensions, but he did a bad call on this one IMO.

Just in case someone calls me a homer, I am a hockey fan as much as a Habs fan... A dirty hit is a dirty hit whoever give it to whomever. If a habs player give a dirty hit, I'll admit it.

Let's just hope Shanny gets a little heat off this and goes back to doing a good job as opposed to letting them slip like this.

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 05:22 PM
googlymoogly

Seems like a Hab will have to die on the ice before they even hand out a suspension.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 05:26 PM
Shred

Same old same old. Hate the NHL! Haven't bought anything NHL related since the Chara thing and not gonna start again now.

Shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 05:26 PM
Youppi ki yay

Shan, I am disappoint.

Youppi ki yay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 05:30 PM
googlymoogly

Well luckily Campoli seems fine and won't miss any games.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 05:35 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
At least.

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 05:41 PM
SB164

Asked about his fight:

We wear the same color jersey. Whether I've known Chris for one day or five years were on the same team and we're working together to try and reach the same goal. Were out there to stick up for each other and its up to us to prove that to other teams, added Gorges.

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=590939

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 05:42 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Seems like a Hab will have to die on the ice before they even hand out a suspension.
Even then they'd probably somehow spin it that it was his own fault...

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 05:46 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Even then they'd probably somehow spin it that it was his own fault...
Never realized it, but you're right.

I heard people say Pacioretty shouldn't have tried to beat Chara on the inside at the end of a period.

I heard people say Halpern shouldn't have run into Ference.

Now I'm hearing Campoli shouldn't reach for pucks.

It's a wonder the Habs can make it to the ice for the puck drop with all these supposed self-inflicted injuries.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 05:49 PM
Player 61
#Winning

At least we learned something this weekend, Campoli can take a hit!

Old
10-03-2011, 05:54 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
The thing with hits like that is that sometimes it takes a while for the effects to show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
Asked about his fight:

“We wear the same color jersey. Whether I've known Chris for one day or five years we’re on the same team and we're working together to try and reach the same goal. We’re out there to stick up for each other and it’s up to us to prove that to other teams,” added Gorges.

My respect level for Gorgey goes up every season. The guy's all heart, mother****er!

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 05:55 PM
Help
Help Yourself

Quote:
Asked about his fight:

We wear the same color jersey. Whether I've known Chris for one day or five years were on the same team and we're working together to try and reach the same goal. Were out there to stick up for each other and its up to us to prove that to other teams, added Gorges.

What a guy! He would have been a good choice for captain if we didn't already have a great captain in Gionta

Help is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 06:10 PM
Shawn Wilken
Hockey's Future Staff
@CrimsonSkorpion

Awards:
Quote:
Asked about his fight:

He's just pure class and heart. A true gem to this team that any other GM would love to have. To think, he was in every trade proposal out there last year and the year before that.

Shawn Wilken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 06:14 PM
Perrah

What a load of crap. He had plenty of time to either play the puck or let up and not try to blow his head up. I thought for sure the fact that he skated past the puck to smash him in the head would be enough to get a few games, ridiculous.

Perrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 06:19 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post
What a guy! He would have been a good choice for captain if we didn't already have a great captain in Gionta
He probably could of signed in another City for a little extra cash, I figure he took Montreal's deal, because he's a hockey player & wanted to try to play for the City that invented the game.

Old
10-03-2011, 06:24 PM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs23 View Post
He probably could of signed in another City for a little extra cash, I figure he took Montreal's deal, because he's a hockey player & wanted to try to play for the City that invented the game.
Or, he was a RFA

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 06:27 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
Or, he was a RFA
Sure San Jose was offering a little extra. He's from Toronto, he likes the North like us! I'm sure! Maybe thank guys like Cammy for picking up a phone.

Old
HabFan1975

Tampa's second game is against the Bruins.
I'm calling it right now, Karma will strike and it will strike hard.
Malone is gonna score the winner right before he collides with Chara ending both their seasons and the Habs are gonna clinch their division by 1 win.

HabFan1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Shawn Wilken
Hockey's Future Staff
@CrimsonSkorpion

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrah View Post
What a load of crap. He had plenty of time to either play the puck or let up and not try to blow his head up. I thought for sure the fact that he skated past the puck to smash him in the head would be enough to get a few , ridiculous.
Malone's intent was never to play the puck. He was out to hit someone and start **** with the Habs after Subban took down Lecavalier with that hip check. Campoli made a simple mistake. As a puck moving defenseman, it's in his nature to love moving the puck. On this particular play, he is breaking out of the zone himself by carrying the puck out. Times like this happen, where you lose control of the puck. Campoli did and for that one second, he changed his body position and looked down to find the puck that he had lost. In that moment, Malone came in and connected with Campoli's head.

There was no time for Malone to react to the sudden change of Campoli's body position or the fact that he had his head down. I see the reason why Shanahan had a hard time with this one, but I don't understand why he didn't add into the equation that Malone was head-hunting all night. His motive was clear, with his constant late hits and his spearing on Campoli, who was down on the ice trying to recover a puck.

Shawn Wilken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 06:33 PM
Player 61
#Winning

That whole Tampa thing is a joke anyway, they have a couple Franco's on it & some one up in Quebec City thinks it's their team! They have no identity, crap they even stole the Leafs colors, put a few bolts on the sweater, it's still Toronto's colors.

Old
10-03-2011, 06:46 PM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs23 View Post
That whole Tampa thing is a joke anyway, they have a couple Franco's on it & some one up in Quebec City thinks it's their team! They have no identity, crap they even stole the Leafs colors, put a few bolts on the sweater, it's still Toronto's colors.

I can't believe how bitter you guys are. Oh no, a guy got hit by what would have 100% been a legal check last year and every other year of the NHL's existence and your all crying. Oh noes, lets bash and belittle an organization because they have the same colors as another team and have those big bad francophones on it.

Suck it up and be men already. You don't see the Habs players snivelling like a 2 year old who just spilt her milk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Shanahan is a great person but he is still surrounded by the same people that surrounded Campbell and Murphy. He will get GM pressure and peer pressure. This is more generalized than we think.

MAJOR cleanup needs to happen before anything changes.
The NHL is the best freaking league, I love the NHL. Its a great league, Gary Bettmen is a great commission, better than any other that I can remember.

I have never been so passionate about hockey as I am now. It's the greatest game on earth imo. I love how hard it is to win the Stanley Cup. I love that we have the most gruelling playoffs. But we also have the most cherished trophy in all of pro sports.

Campbell is a great guy, he's passionate about his job. Yea he's not the youngest or most creative guy out there, but he enforced the rules the best way he could given the ramifications. Hockey is a multi billion dollar business, you have to accept that its a business, if you can't and expect it to be some theoretical perfectly run league, then your pretty damn nieve and you deserve the unhappiness you get from expecting it to something that it can never be.

Hockey is a great sport and I love it. The NHL is one of the best ran leagues in sports. Its continually improving and evolving with the times, you don't see baseball evolving the way hockey does. Hockey is a unique sport that combines so many different skills, its violent, its tough and its played at a fast pace.

Even with all the replays in the world, we can't say 100% that it was a head shot or not, we all know that 99% sure it was a headshot but we don't have conclusive evidence proving it was. Expecting the NHL to be perfect is pure stupidity on people's part. They are only human.

Last edited by Shawn Wilken: 10-03-2011 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Ease up.
macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote