HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

What do u guys think of your new jersey's

Old
10-03-2011, 07:58 AM
darth5
Rowsdower!

vCash: 500
I liked away before seeing them in person, and now I like them both.

darth5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 09:01 AM
LoveMyLife

I want to like the jersey. Really, I do, but I just don't care much for it. I'll eventually get around to buying one because I want to support the team, but I'm just not crazy about them. Yellow isn't what I dislike....it's that shade of yellow that my eyes don't care for.

LoveMyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 10:16 AM
jderick81

I love them, even though it is a well known fact that every jersey that the preds release is always the new best jersey in the league, always without any exception. I think it is safe to say that these jerseys are even as best as black and blue jerseys or the mustards.

We have now reached a new level of best jersey in the leauge, perhaps even the world, and maybe the universe. Kudos to the preds!

Ahh my fan biggotry is coming back! It must almost be hockey season!!!

But forreal the new jerseys is sick

jderick81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 10:27 AM
Sunshine36616

I really really loved the 3rd jerseys that were released 2 season ago...not the Mustard Monstrosity.

Sunshine36616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 12:16 PM
Adz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine36616 View Post
I really really loved the 3rd jerseys that were released 2 season ago...not the Mustard Monstrosity.
Careful. You might be stepping on toes. ;-) Color was selected by the NHL, not the Preds...nor the people who designed it.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 04:05 PM
Sunshine36616

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
Careful. You might be stepping on toes. ;-) Color was selected by the NHL, not the Preds...nor the people who designed it.
Regardless of who is actually responsible, I thought it was atrocious. The Thrashers had that horrible red 3rd jersey. I actually had one, but I won it in an in-arena game, so I didn't actually spend money on it. I will say the new yellow is soooo much better than the mustard.

Old
10-03-2011, 07:02 PM
Adz

Quote:
Regardless of who is actually responsible, I thought it was atrocious. The Thrashers had that horrible red 3rd jersey. I actually had one, but I won it in an in-arena game, so I didn't actually spend money on it. I will say the new yellow is soooo much better than the mustard.
Did you ever see one up close? It's actually two colors. There is a solid navy layer with a gold mesh on top. It looks much worse on tv because the cameras can't "read" it. In person it looked pretty good, particularly in the stands. It was surprisingly popular with our crowd, probably embraced more because everyone else hated it--we're that kind of crowd, if you haven't picked up on that yet. On TV (and in the sunlight), it took on some garish shades--no doubt about that.

A guy who worked for my company back then designed the logo and some other elements of the jersey. One interesting note about it is the original lettering was white. They had to scrap it and go with black instead because it was impossible to read the names, but the team photo for the first year we had the third was with the white letters and occasionally you'll see someone with one of the originals.

Old
10-03-2011, 07:20 PM
Sunshine36616

Quote:
Did you ever see one up close? It's actually two colors. There is a solid navy layer with a gold mesh on top. It looks much worse on tv because the cameras can't "read" it. In person it looked pretty good, particularly in the stands. It was surprisingly popular with our crowd, probably embraced more because everyone else hated it--we're that kind of crowd, if you haven't picked up on that yet. On TV (and in the sunlight), it took on some garish shades--no doubt about that.

A guy who worked for my company back then designed the logo and some other elements of the jersey. One interesting note about it is the original lettering was white. They had to scrap it and go with black instead because it was impossible to read the names, but the team photo for the first year we had the third was with the white letters and occasionally you'll see someone with one of the originals.
Oh yeah, I've seen a bunch up close. I go to several predators games a season. I AM surprised it was popular. I always see them when I go to a game so your friend did make some folks happy!

I'm dying get one of the newer 3rd jerseys, the blue one. I love that one. I will admit though, the piano keys in the collar are calling me to the current away jersey. I have one of the old school blue/silver with the Nashville patches on the shoulder.

Old
10-03-2011, 07:27 PM
adsfan

I saw the new yellows on the NHL Network game against Winnipeg. They looked good in action; much better than the mustards! The blues look very good.

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 09:47 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
I actually still haven't bought a Predators game jersey yet in 6 years! Bought a few practice jerseys though...

Won a Chris Mason home game worn on Opening Night "Shirts off our Backs" promotion coming out of the lockout. Won the last game worn mustard 3rd that Dan Hamhuis wore in the "Watch and Win" contest the next year, got my black/blue 3rd as a STH benefit two years ago, and got my new home gold jersey with my 2/20 renewal this year!!!

Bought a grey practice jersey I wore to Opening Night in the lockout year, a gold practice jersey for the Gold Outs last year, and bought a navy and silver practice jerseys at the annual yard sale this past summer.

My favorite jersey is by far the new gold home jersey...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 09:57 PM
cleangene

Anyone see the "PREDS Snapshot" which just aired on FSS?? I swear the jerseys Peks and Fish were wearing during their interviews had ALOT more gold and a brownish trim on the shoulders than what the real new gold have, at least to me. ( I did REALLY enjoy when Fish concluded his interview by saying, "why not us?" with a huge grin when talking about winning it all).

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 11:56 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
I think it looks great, and envy the Preds org their ability to be visually creative w/r/t jersey designs.

(Seriously, up here our color choice is pretty much constrained by the team theme - the Union Army. And, naturally, EVERYBODY pounces on those colors all the damn time... )

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 01:41 AM
hockeywoot

Those are some fine looking jerseys. Both home and away. (Thirds I've liked as well)
If anything, I feel the home's need more yellow!

hockeywoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 02:16 AM
Rankelson

I was a little doubtful at first but now I'm loving both jerseys after I've seen them in action.

Rankelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 08:11 AM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleangene View Post
Anyone see the "PREDS Snapshot" which just aired on FSS?? I swear the jerseys Peks and Fish were wearing during their interviews had ALOT more gold and a brownish trim on the shoulders than what the real new gold have, at least to me. ( I did REALLY enjoy when Fish concluded his interview by saying, "why not us?" with a huge grin when talking about winning it all).
If anyone sees where that will be on in the future, please let me know. my tv/direct tv won't cooperate with those preds snapshots.... i tried so many times last year.

i don't wear yellow, and was very unenthusiastic about the new jersey......but it is growing on me, and does look great on the ice in person.

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 08:45 AM
Broom of the System

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
If anyone sees where that will be on in the future, please let me know. my tv/direct tv won't cooperate with those preds snapshots.... i tried so many times last year.

i don't wear yellow, and was very unenthusiastic about the new jersey......but it is growing on me, and does look great on the ice in person.
http://predators.nhl.com/club/news.h...id=DL|NSH|home

Quote:
Predators Snapshot airs on FS Tennessee on the following nights:
Monday, Oct. 3 9pm ct
Tuesday, Oct. 4 9:30pm ct
Wednesday, Oct. 5 10:30pm ct
Friday, Oct. 7 5:30pm ct
Saturday, Oct. 8 6:30pm ct
Tuesday, Oct. 11 4pm ct
Wednesday, Oct. 12 6pm ct

Broom of the System is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 11:45 AM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broom of the System View Post
thanks!!

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 11:53 AM
Tapp

Predfan98, Ive had the same problem finding Snapshots on Direct TV in the past. While the schedule says FSTN, which is 644 on Direct TV, the Snapshots are shown on FSSO which is 646. Hope that helps.

On Topic I love the new jerseys!

Tapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 04:24 AM
Stephen

So beautiful. They look like an iconic team now with a clean look and distinguished idenity rather than a tekkie 90s expansion.

Stephen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 04:46 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
So beautiful. They look like an iconic team now with a clean look and distinguished idenity rather than a tekkie 90s expansion.
Very much so and that was exactly the point. Now we have our own identity. Everyone will know that if someone is wearing a gold jersey amonst a crowd, they are a preds fan.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 08:41 AM
Adz

I am so glad that the color doesn't skew on TV (at least not that I've seen) and it's not Kraft Macaroni and Cheese color. I like the color a lot.

Old
10-07-2011, 04:50 PM
MrJoshua

I finally got mine two days ago and I'm pleasantly surprised. It looks much better in person than in pictures.

MrJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 09:36 PM
Predatuur
Rookie User

I have to admit that i was slow to like them at first but I think they look pretty good. I also agree that it is better than the mustard jersey.

Predatuur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 11:07 PM
Adz

You could definitely pick out the Preds fans sitting among the Columbus crowd.

Old
10-07-2011, 11:33 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
You could definitely pick out the Preds fans sitting among the Columbus crowd.
I came in to post the same thing.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote