HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Injury Talk: Markov to rejoin team at the end of Oct? Ryan White out indefinitely

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-03-2011, 07:33 PM
  #251
habsrule22
Registered User
 
habsrule22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Powassan, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,647
vCash: 500
Doughty just got 7m a year. So Markov at 5.75m is a steal. Taking the time so that he returns at 100 % makes sense.

habsrule22 is offline  
Old
10-03-2011, 07:37 PM
  #252
Player 61
#Winning
 
Player 61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,168
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule22 View Post
Doughty just got 7m a year. So Markov at 5.75m is a steal. Taking the time so that he returns at 100 % makes sense.
You can't compare Markov to Doughty, more Subban. Besides we'll be lucky to get 60 games out of Markov, if were lucky!

Player 61 is online now  
Old
10-03-2011, 07:40 PM
  #253
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs23 View Post
You can't compare Markov to Doughty, more Subban. Besides we'll be lucky to get 60 games out of Markov, if were lucky!
Ultimately though the scenarios are as follows:

1) Markov comes back stays healthy and is solid
2) Markov comes back stays healthy but is a shell of his former self
3) Markov comes back gets reinjured doesn't count against the cap.
4) Markov comes back gets reinjured has to retire.

In the bad scenarios he doesn't count against the cap, the only real worry is #2.

Due to Markovs skillset being primarily reliant on hockey IQ I personally believe #2 is the least likely but worst scenario. One and three being the likeliest scenarios. Either way it doesn't necessarily hurt the team that much. We lose a D if he goes down but if we have him we can contend with any team in the league. It's a worthy gamble for a team that makes a killing and can afford to have 5.75 mil on the shelf.

A team that has Subban can afford to take a risk of such magnitude thankfully. It could pay off in the end and win us a cup. It could fail miserably. We all know the risks involved. I'd rather a chance to win it all than no chance at all. Who would we have signed other than Markov who would give us such a chance? Healthy he's like Lidstrom-lite.

neofury* is offline  
Old
10-03-2011, 07:43 PM
  #254
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle
 
JLP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,773
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Dipietro View Post
Has anyone thought to ask Dr. Recchi? He's 1/1 in his diagnoses so far...
Dr. Recchi needs a talk show

Hope White and Moen don't do a Markov and get their return set back weeks/months. we need some grit. Go Habs Go!

JLP is offline  
Old
10-03-2011, 08:32 PM
  #255
swimmer77
Post Oates
 
swimmer77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: in water
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
I'm not sure how clearer I can be here...the recovery for a SECOND ACL SURGERY, is 12 months.

I'm not sure why you pasting a link of his FIRST acl injury...furthermore, Josh Gorges had his FIRST and so far, ONLY ACL surgery. The recovery period for that is shorter than it is when it's the SECOND surgery.

I'm not back tracking on anything...you're just failing to understand a very simple concept here.

6 months recovery after a 2nd ACL surgery, is NOT realistic
Show me the link. I've asked you before and I'm askin' again. In your previous post you mentioned NOTHING about a second ACL. So show me the link(s). You're disputing a Markov claim here. Show me the links to dispute his own claim.

Show me the link(s) or keep back tracking.

swimmer77 is offline  
Old
10-03-2011, 08:37 PM
  #256
Tusk
Registered User
 
Tusk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 3,676
vCash: 500
Yeah 417, show someone the links dammit!


Tusk is online now  
Old
10-03-2011, 08:41 PM
  #257
Player 61
#Winning
 
Player 61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,168
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
Dr. Recchi needs a talk show

Hope White and Moen don't do a Markov and get their return set back weeks/months. we need some grit. Go Habs Go!
Mitch had Dr. Recchi on his show last week, I actually switched the Radio off. I gave it 20 secs & didn't hear an apology, No more of that guy!

Player 61 is online now  
Old
10-03-2011, 08:56 PM
  #258
googlymoogly
Registered User
 
googlymoogly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 8,466
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs23 View Post
Mitch had Dr. Recchi on his show last week, I actually switched the Radio off. I gave it 20 secs & didn't hear an apology, No more of that guy!
Never liked giving up LeClair for the wannabe doctor in the first place.

googlymoogly is offline  
Old
10-03-2011, 09:00 PM
  #259
Player 61
#Winning
 
Player 61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,168
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
Never liked giving up LeClair for the wannabe doctor in the first place.
Bad trade. I hope they never put him on our air again. He's not welcome.

Player 61 is online now  
Old
10-03-2011, 09:26 PM
  #260
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups
 
Agnostic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,290
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
The only thing I care about is whether Markov's on track toward a complete recovery. As long as the team hasn't been sold faulty merchandise, I won't sweat the delivery date.
That's a great line and I agree.

The value of Markov as a strategic asset in a 3 year contract cannot be judged in October 2011.

Agnostic is offline  
Old
10-03-2011, 09:38 PM
  #261
LesHabitants4ever
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 11
vCash: 500
Once Markov gets back from rehab we'll be a better team.

I just hope he can stay clean though.

LesHabitants4ever is offline  
Old
10-03-2011, 09:44 PM
  #262
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
Show me the link. I've asked you before and I'm askin' again. In your previous post you mentioned NOTHING about a second ACL. So show me the link(s). You're disputing a Markov claim here. Show me the links to dispute his own claim.

Show me the link(s) or keep back tracking.
Links to what exactly? It's the second surgery on his ACL, why do you want me to provide you a link for this?

I'm dont understand what you're saying...

417 is offline  
Old
10-03-2011, 09:51 PM
  #263
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL
 
Rise from the Ashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dollard-Des-Ormeaux
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,965
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
I wouldnt mind if he didnt play until the all star break. BTW he was improving before he got hurt again last year. In fact he had 2 great games before being hurt if I recall. Campoli is going to be a huge signing for us this year.

Rise from the Ashes is offline  
Old
10-03-2011, 09:57 PM
  #264
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,644
vCash: 500
There's definitely a risk of failure after a second ACL reconstructive surgery but the chances for recovery are fairly high.

http://news.wustl.edu/news/Pages/22661.aspx

Teufelsdreck is offline  
Old
10-03-2011, 10:33 PM
  #265
Gainey#1*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ottawa/Calgary
Posts: 2,322
vCash: 500
I don't understand...when Martin says Markov is "on schedule" does that mean according to Gauthier where he won't miss much/if any regular season action?

Or does it mean on schedule to return in December?

Gainey#1* is offline  
Old
10-03-2011, 10:54 PM
  #266
De Montreal
help
 
De Montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: omg montréal lolzzz
Country: Martinique
Posts: 5,294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekamaniac View Post
I don't understand...when Martin says Markov is "on schedule" does that mean according to Gauthier where he won't miss much/if any regular season action?

Or does it mean on schedule to return in December?
Where are you taking this date (December) from? There's two whole month between first gme and December.

My guess is he'll be back early/mid-November. I'll go on a wild guess and says he'll play his first game on November 10th, in Phoenix.

De Montreal is offline  
Old
10-03-2011, 11:44 PM
  #267
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,924
vCash: 500
My prediction is November, but really anything before the end of the year I'll be fine with. The chance of him immediately steeping up and playing at his best after such a long layover was going to be small anyway.

It was always going to be more how he is at the end of the season than the beginning.

Et le But is offline  
Old
10-04-2011, 12:15 AM
  #268
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
My prediction is November, but really anything before the end of the year I'll be fine with. The chance of him immediately steeping up and playing at his best after such a long layover was going to be small anyway.

It was always going to be more how he is at the end of the season than the beginning.
I say back mid-late October and back to the Marky we know around December.

Analyzer is offline  
Old
10-04-2011, 12:21 AM
  #269
Markowicz
Simple Jacques
 
Markowicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
I say back mid-late October and back to the Marky we know around December.
I honestly can't even remember what the "Markov we know" looks like, lol.

Markowicz is offline  
Old
10-04-2011, 12:30 AM
  #270
Bourne Endeavor
Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch
 
Bourne Endeavor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,731
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise from the Ashes View Post
I wouldnt mind if he didnt play until the all star break. BTW he was improving before he got hurt again last year. In fact he had 2 great games before being hurt if I recall. Campoli is going to be a huge signing for us this year.
I spent a lot of time watching Chicago games with him there. He definitely should have a solid impact here, so long as we don't expect too much. He is an excellent bottom pairing but can struggle some when pressured as a relied upon defender. I love Martin pairing him with Gorges. That is exactly who Campoli needs to check his faults, while allowing him to play a bit more offensively.

Is there any word on Subban?

Bourne Endeavor is offline  
Old
10-04-2011, 12:38 AM
  #271
bsl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,164
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumple03 View Post
Seriously dude, the mods on HF Boards, well at least the ones in the Habs section (the only one I visit) need to lay off the power trips.

I visit HF boards Habs section quite a bit, I rarely post, but many times I see these comments from mods about staying on topic, etc... and it makes me laugh.

I remember one thread was created for **unconfirmed trade rumours** or something to that affect, and many people were talking about the trade rumours, and of course, how those trades would impact the team. Then a mod starts threatening to freeze the thread because people were discussing how a rumoured trade would affect a specific team, and not talking specifically about the trade itself. I believe it was even stated that the people in question should continue the discussion in another thread. Well, I'm pretty sure that those two topics lead in to one another, and it makes total sense that while discussing trade rumours, you'd eventually discuss how that trade would impact the so called teams involved.

I could give many other examples, but I just find it hilarious how strict the mods are about the topics of discussion. I could understand if HFBoards was some professional forum for scouts and agents only, but as far as I can tell, it's a place for hockey fans. Ease up on the power pills boys.

Stay on topic people, or I'll shut this thread down, don't make me pull the trigger! Really?
Dude I know what you mean, but we're Habs fans. Me? 40 years. And even though I'm a professional, I've had raging off topic rants many times. That's what happens. The Mods keep some semblance of discipline here, and they have to. We're all barking mad dude, we're Habs fans.

bsl is online now  
Old
10-04-2011, 12:42 AM
  #272
Pandemic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Vancouver. BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
I'm not sure how clearer I can be here...the recovery for a SECOND ACL SURGERY, is 12 months.

I'm not sure why you pasting a link of his FIRST acl injury...furthermore, Josh Gorges had his FIRST and so far, ONLY ACL surgery. The recovery period for that is shorter than it is when it's the SECOND surgery.

I'm not back tracking on anything...you're just failing to understand a very simple concept here.

6 months recovery after a 2nd ACL surgery, is NOT realistic
Actually, you are quite wrong. 12 months of recovery is suitable for the average person like you and I. Recovery for a highly trained athlete who has millions of dollars and highly expensive and well educated surgeons and doctors with a load of trainers to provide excellent physiotherapy is likely to not require a full 12 months.

Pandemic is offline  
Old
10-04-2011, 12:45 AM
  #273
Frankenheimer
Registered User
 
Frankenheimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: MTL
Posts: 1,900
vCash: 500
Is it possible to update the first post with the latest injury information?

Frankenheimer is offline  
Old
10-04-2011, 12:48 AM
  #274
bsl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,164
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Ultimately though the scenarios are as follows:

1) Markov comes back stays healthy and is solid
2) Markov comes back stays healthy but is a shell of his former self
3) Markov comes back gets reinjured doesn't count against the cap.
4) Markov comes back gets reinjured has to retire.

In the bad scenarios he doesn't count against the cap, the only real worry is #2.

Due to Markovs skillset being primarily reliant on hockey IQ I personally believe #2 is the least likely but worst scenario. One and three being the likeliest scenarios. Either way it doesn't necessarily hurt the team that much. We lose a D if he goes down but if we have him we can contend with any team in the league. It's a worthy gamble for a team that makes a killing and can afford to have 5.75 mil on the shelf.

A team that has Subban can afford to take a risk of such magnitude thankfully. It could pay off in the end and win us a cup. It could fail miserably. We all know the risks involved. I'd rather a chance to win it all than no chance at all. Who would we have signed other than Markov who would give us such a chance? Healthy he's like Lidstrom-lite.
Bloody well thought out, logical and excellent post. I agree with this entirely. The signing was a well thought out, intelligent risk.

People forget that we had Markov in play. He wanted to be in Montreal. We will never ever have Doughty in play. We had to take this calculated risk, and Geoff Molson can afford it if we lose this gamble.

bsl is online now  
Old
10-04-2011, 12:54 AM
  #275
Habs Junkie
Registered User
 
Habs Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,088
vCash: 500
People should just chill out..
Even if he comes back halfway through the season, we still have him for 2.5 more years!
Most of you forget quickly. What's our record with him in the lineup again??? His injury is a blessing in disguise. The team had to learn to win without him and now that they did adding him back to this lineup is the cherry on top!
A healthy Markov is the difference between playoffs and Stanley Cup!

Stay positive habfans!

Habs Junkie is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:15 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.