HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Injury Talk: Markov to rejoin team at the end of Oct? Ryan White out indefinitely

Closed Thread

Old
10-03-2011, 07:33 PM
habsrule22

vCash: 500
Doughty just got 7m a year. So Markov at 5.75m is a steal. Taking the time so that he returns at 100 % makes sense.

Old
10-03-2011, 07:37 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule22 View Post
Doughty just got 7m a year. So Markov at 5.75m is a steal. Taking the time so that he returns at 100 % makes sense.
You can't compare Markov to Doughty, more Subban. Besides we'll be lucky to get 60 games out of Markov, if were lucky!

Old
10-03-2011, 07:40 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs23 View Post
You can't compare Markov to Doughty, more Subban. Besides we'll be lucky to get 60 games out of Markov, if were lucky!
Ultimately though the scenarios are as follows:

1) Markov comes back stays healthy and is solid
2) Markov comes back stays healthy but is a shell of his former self
3) Markov comes back gets reinjured doesn't count against the cap.
4) Markov comes back gets reinjured has to retire.

In the bad scenarios he doesn't count against the cap, the only real worry is #2.

Due to Markovs skillset being primarily reliant on hockey IQ I personally believe #2 is the least likely but worst scenario. One and three being the likeliest scenarios. Either way it doesn't necessarily hurt the team that much. We lose a D if he goes down but if we have him we can contend with any team in the league. It's a worthy gamble for a team that makes a killing and can afford to have 5.75 mil on the shelf.

A team that has Subban can afford to take a risk of such magnitude thankfully. It could pay off in the end and win us a cup. It could fail miserably. We all know the risks involved. I'd rather a chance to win it all than no chance at all. Who would we have signed other than Markov who would give us such a chance? Healthy he's like Lidstrom-lite.

Old
10-03-2011, 07:43 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Dipietro View Post
Has anyone thought to ask Dr. Recchi? He's 1/1 in his diagnoses so far...
Dr. Recchi needs a talk show

Hope White and Moen don't do a Markov and get their return set back weeks/months. we need some grit. Go Habs Go!

Old
10-03-2011, 08:32 PM
swimmer77
Post Oates

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
I'm not sure how clearer I can be here...the recovery for a SECOND ACL SURGERY, is 12 months.

I'm not sure why you pasting a link of his FIRST acl injury...furthermore, Josh Gorges had his FIRST and so far, ONLY ACL surgery. The recovery period for that is shorter than it is when it's the SECOND surgery.

I'm not back tracking on anything...you're just failing to understand a very simple concept here.

6 months recovery after a 2nd ACL surgery, is NOT realistic
Show me the link. I've asked you before and I'm askin' again. In your previous post you mentioned NOTHING about a second ACL. So show me the link(s). You're disputing a Markov claim here. Show me the links to dispute his own claim.

Show me the link(s) or keep back tracking.

Old
10-03-2011, 08:37 PM
Tusk

Yeah 417, show someone the links dammit!

Old
10-03-2011, 08:41 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
Dr. Recchi needs a talk show

Hope White and Moen don't do a Markov and get their return set back weeks/months. we need some grit. Go Habs Go!
Mitch had Dr. Recchi on his show last week, I actually switched the Radio off. I gave it 20 secs & didn't hear an apology, No more of that guy!

Old
10-03-2011, 08:56 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs23 View Post
Mitch had Dr. Recchi on his show last week, I actually switched the Radio off. I gave it 20 secs & didn't hear an apology, No more of that guy!
Never liked giving up LeClair for the wannabe doctor in the first place.

Old
10-03-2011, 09:00 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
Never liked giving up LeClair for the wannabe doctor in the first place.
Bad trade. I hope they never put him on our air again. He's not welcome.

Old
10-03-2011, 09:26 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
The only thing I care about is whether Markov's on track toward a complete recovery. As long as the team hasn't been sold faulty merchandise, I won't sweat the delivery date.
That's a great line and I agree.

The value of Markov as a strategic asset in a 3 year contract cannot be judged in October 2011.

Old
10-03-2011, 09:38 PM
LesHabitants4ever
Rookie User

Once Markov gets back from rehab we'll be a better team.

I just hope he can stay clean though.

Old
10-03-2011, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
Show me the link. I've asked you before and I'm askin' again. In your previous post you mentioned NOTHING about a second ACL. So show me the link(s). You're disputing a Markov claim here. Show me the links to dispute his own claim.

Show me the link(s) or keep back tracking.
Links to what exactly? It's the second surgery on his ACL, why do you want me to provide you a link for this?

I'm dont understand what you're saying...

Old
10-03-2011, 09:51 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
I wouldnt mind if he didnt play until the all star break. BTW he was improving before he got hurt again last year. In fact he had 2 great games before being hurt if I recall. Campoli is going to be a huge signing for us this year.

Old
10-03-2011, 09:57 PM
Teufelsdreck

There's definitely a risk of failure after a second ACL reconstructive surgery but the chances for recovery are fairly high.

http://news.wustl.edu/news/Pages/22661.aspx

Old
10-03-2011, 10:33 PM
Gainey#1*

I don't understand...when Martin says Markov is "on schedule" does that mean according to Gauthier where he won't miss much/if any regular season action?

Or does it mean on schedule to return in December?

Old
10-03-2011, 10:54 PM
De Montreal
help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekamaniac View Post
I don't understand...when Martin says Markov is "on schedule" does that mean according to Gauthier where he won't miss much/if any regular season action?

Or does it mean on schedule to return in December?
Where are you taking this date (December) from? There's two whole month between first gme and December.

My guess is he'll be back early/mid-November. I'll go on a wild guess and says he'll play his first game on November 10th, in Phoenix.

Old
10-03-2011, 11:44 PM
Et le But

My prediction is November, but really anything before the end of the year I'll be fine with. The chance of him immediately steeping up and playing at his best after such a long layover was going to be small anyway.

It was always going to be more how he is at the end of the season than the beginning.

Old
10-04-2011, 12:15 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
My prediction is November, but really anything before the end of the year I'll be fine with. The chance of him immediately steeping up and playing at his best after such a long layover was going to be small anyway.

It was always going to be more how he is at the end of the season than the beginning.
I say back mid-late October and back to the Marky we know around December.

Old
10-04-2011, 12:21 AM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
I say back mid-late October and back to the Marky we know around December.
I honestly can't even remember what the "Markov we know" looks like, lol.

Old
10-04-2011, 12:30 AM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise from the Ashes View Post
I wouldnt mind if he didnt play until the all star break. BTW he was improving before he got hurt again last year. In fact he had 2 great games before being hurt if I recall. Campoli is going to be a huge signing for us this year.
I spent a lot of time watching Chicago games with him there. He definitely should have a solid impact here, so long as we don't expect too much. He is an excellent bottom pairing but can struggle some when pressured as a relied upon defender. I love Martin pairing him with Gorges. That is exactly who Campoli needs to check his faults, while allowing him to play a bit more offensively.

Is there any word on Subban?

Old
10-04-2011, 12:38 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumple03 View Post
Seriously dude, the mods on HF Boards, well at least the ones in the Habs section (the only one I visit) need to lay off the power trips.

I visit HF boards Habs section quite a bit, I rarely post, but many times I see these comments from mods about staying on topic, etc... and it makes me laugh.

I remember one thread was created for **unconfirmed trade rumours** or something to that affect, and many people were talking about the trade rumours, and of course, how those trades would impact the team. Then a mod starts threatening to freeze the thread because people were discussing how a rumoured trade would affect a specific team, and not talking specifically about the trade itself. I believe it was even stated that the people in question should continue the discussion in another thread. Well, I'm pretty sure that those two topics lead in to one another, and it makes total sense that while discussing trade rumours, you'd eventually discuss how that trade would impact the so called teams involved.

I could give many other examples, but I just find it hilarious how strict the mods are about the topics of discussion. I could understand if HFBoards was some professional forum for scouts and agents only, but as far as I can tell, it's a place for hockey fans. Ease up on the power pills boys.

Stay on topic people, or I'll shut this thread down, don't make me pull the trigger! Really?
Dude I know what you mean, but we're Habs fans. Me? 40 years. And even though I'm a professional, I've had raging off topic rants many times. That's what happens. The Mods keep some semblance of discipline here, and they have to. We're all barking mad dude, we're Habs fans.

Old
10-04-2011, 12:42 AM
Pandemic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
I'm not sure how clearer I can be here...the recovery for a SECOND ACL SURGERY, is 12 months.

I'm not sure why you pasting a link of his FIRST acl injury...furthermore, Josh Gorges had his FIRST and so far, ONLY ACL surgery. The recovery period for that is shorter than it is when it's the SECOND surgery.

I'm not back tracking on anything...you're just failing to understand a very simple concept here.

6 months recovery after a 2nd ACL surgery, is NOT realistic
Actually, you are quite wrong. 12 months of recovery is suitable for the average person like you and I. Recovery for a highly trained athlete who has millions of dollars and highly expensive and well educated surgeons and doctors with a load of trainers to provide excellent physiotherapy is likely to not require a full 12 months.

Old
10-04-2011, 12:45 AM
Frankenheimer

Is it possible to update the first post with the latest injury information?

Old
10-04-2011, 12:48 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Ultimately though the scenarios are as follows:

1) Markov comes back stays healthy and is solid
2) Markov comes back stays healthy but is a shell of his former self
3) Markov comes back gets reinjured doesn't count against the cap.
4) Markov comes back gets reinjured has to retire.

In the bad scenarios he doesn't count against the cap, the only real worry is #2.

Due to Markovs skillset being primarily reliant on hockey IQ I personally believe #2 is the least likely but worst scenario. One and three being the likeliest scenarios. Either way it doesn't necessarily hurt the team that much. We lose a D if he goes down but if we have him we can contend with any team in the league. It's a worthy gamble for a team that makes a killing and can afford to have 5.75 mil on the shelf.

A team that has Subban can afford to take a risk of such magnitude thankfully. It could pay off in the end and win us a cup. It could fail miserably. We all know the risks involved. I'd rather a chance to win it all than no chance at all. Who would we have signed other than Markov who would give us such a chance? Healthy he's like Lidstrom-lite.
Bloody well thought out, logical and excellent post. I agree with this entirely. The signing was a well thought out, intelligent risk.

People forget that we had Markov in play. He wanted to be in Montreal. We will never ever have Doughty in play. We had to take this calculated risk, and Geoff Molson can afford it if we lose this gamble.

Old
10-04-2011, 12:54 AM
Habs Junkie

People should just chill out..
Even if he comes back halfway through the season, we still have him for 2.5 more years!
Most of you forget quickly. What's our record with him in the lineup again??? His injury is a blessing in disguise. The team had to learn to win without him and now that they did adding him back to this lineup is the cherry on top!
A healthy Markov is the difference between playoffs and Stanley Cup!

Stay positive habfans!

Closed Thread