HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Avery waived (10/5: Clears waivers)

Closed Thread

Old
10-04-2011, 10:51 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

vCash: 500
I wonder..... could be they didn't trust Avery with all the HBO cameras around? Spooked by the possibility of him saying doing stupid things for the camera. Send him to the Whale until the Winter Classic is over?

If I was the Isles, Id stake the claim on him.

10-04-2011, 10:52 AM
nyrleetch

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
This thread is going to be EPIC.

So much passion from a fan-base regarding a 4th line/13th forward.
You got your wish. Enjoy the Rangers being worse off with the invisible man known as Erik Christensen.

Old
10-04-2011, 10:54 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrleetch View Post
You got your wish. Enjoy the Rangers being worse off with the invisible man known as Erik Christensen.
Neither player will be in the line-up unless we endure injuries... And if we do, I hope Carl Hagelin is deserving of a call-up because at least he's in a position to have a long term future with the organization.... EC & Avery are not.

Old
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Sather should have bought out Avery in June. Good riddance Sean. The player and coach don't RESPECT each other. It was time for him to go. Not another year of Torts and Avery talking around each other. Hockey wasn't Avery's #1 priority. People like to bang out MDZ for his night life activities but give Sean a pass. Good riddance Sean.

Old
NickyFotiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
Do I really have to answer that question?

It's Sean Avery...he is untradeable because of who he is first of all. Secondly, his cap hit is very high for WHAT he is.
What does untradable have to do with being claimed on waivers?

If he is a such a good player then why would he be untradable?

If that cap figure is too high for him than why would the Rangers want to keep that cap figure on their books?

Old
10-04-2011, 10:55 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Yea but if they are both in the press box...?

If you already know no other team will take Avery at any price than your better off letting Christ play when called on to build up his value and maybe get something for him in trade

Old
10-04-2011, 10:56 AM
nyrleetch

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Sather should have bought out Avery in June. Good riddance Sean. The player and coach don't RESPECT each other. It was time for him to go. Not another year of Torts and Avery talking around each other. Hockey wasn't Avery's #1 priority. People like to bang out MDZ for his night life activities but give Sean a pass. Good riddance Sean.
Because his offseason activities are well known that means Hockey isn't his #1 priority? Give me a break.

Old
10-04-2011, 10:56 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chariot View Post
I wonder..... could be they didn't trust Avery with all the HBO cameras around? Spooked by the possibility of him saying doing stupid things for the camera. Send him to the Whale until the Winter Classic is over?

If I was the Isles, Id stake the claim on him.
If he is claimed, it will be at 3.8 million. Let them claim him at that cap number....

Old
10-04-2011, 10:57 AM
nyrleetch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Neither player will be in the line-up unless we endure injuries... And if we do, I hope Carl Hagelin is deserving of a call-up because at least he's in a position to have a long term future with the organization.... EC & Avery are not.
Rarely do teams go through a year without injuries. Avery is much better to play in case
Of one.

Old
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
If he is claimed, it will be at 3.8 million. Let them claim him at that cap number....
unlikely

Old
NYR Viper

Quote:
What wish? I said I would rather Christensen over Avery but I didn't want Christensen either.

People just don't understand the cap system.....

Old
10-04-2011, 10:58 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Sent: Oct 4, 2011 10:55a

Avery's agent Pat Morris confirms his client will be placed on waivers and if he clears, will be exploring all options which includes Europe

sent via TweetDeck
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/Real_ESPNLeBrun/s...37092759121920

Old
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Well I guess Sean and Wade can take turns picking up the check for the Whalepackers

Old
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chariot View Post
Yea but if they are both in the press box...?

If you already know no other team will take Avery at any price than your better off letting Christ play when called on to build up his value and maybe get something for him in trade
Exactly...we're talking about the 13th forward. Avery was not the player on his second go-round that he was when he first joined the Rangers. And, he was gone at season's end anyway. Christensen didn't merit a spot after his pee-season performance, but, I don't see this having the impact some people are claiming.

Old
Fitzy
All Is Well

Truth is... Christensen showed up for more games last year than Avery did.

Sean showed up against the Stars, maybe a couple other games. He had a better preseason but apparently that was not enough.

But Avery has had his own serious consistency issues, so lets not pretend we're talking about mr. ironman effort here.

Old
10-04-2011, 10:59 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Rarely do teams go through a year without injuries. Avery is much better to play in case
Of one.
That's why you have a farm system. Calling players up allows the organization to evaluate talent and give their young kids experience that will help down the road.

Old
10-04-2011, 10:59 AM
nevesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyFotiu View Post
What does untradable have to do with being claimed on re entry waivers?
No team would want to take on his salary for what he brings to the table

Quote:
If he is a such a good player then why would he be untradable?
He is Sean Avery, you know how he is, how he plays. Thats what makes him effective. Lots of teams see that as a liability, not an asset.

Quote:
If he isnt worth another NHL picking him up at that 1.9mill cap figure than why should the Rangers keep him on board at that cap figure?
He fits here in NY. He is a great agitator, and when Torts lets him run loose, and he plays on the edge, he is extremely effective. Not to mention, he has shown great hockey sense in the pre-season and came into camp in such great shape, he could have had a great season offensively like he did just a few years ago. That is the Sean Avery everyone here wants, not the one last year that was held on a leash and didn't play to his ability.

Bottom line, Christensen is garbage...and a ***** of a player. I'll take someone with balls over him ANY day of the week.

Old
10-04-2011, 11:02 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
No team would want to take on his salary for what he brings to the table

He is Sean Avery, you know how he is, how he plays. Thats what makes him effective. Lots of teams see that as a liability, not an asset.

He fits here in NY. He is a great agitator, and when Torts lets him run loose, and he plays on the edge, he is extremely effective. Not to mention, he has shown great hockey sense in the pre-season and came into camp in such great shape, he could have had a great season offensively like he did just a few years ago. That is the Sean Avery everyone here wants, not the one last year that was held on a leash and didn't play to his ability.

Bottom line, Christensen is garbage...and a ***** of a player. I'll take someone with balls over him ANY day of the week.
So would I, but not at double the cap hit. If you want someone with balls call-up Deveaux, Weise, Mitchell or Newbury.

Or just upgrade Rupp or Prust's role on the team.

Old
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Henrik is involved with the fashion scene. Is hockey not his number one priority? You always apply the WORST logic regarding Avery.

Old
nyrleetch

Quote:
That's why you have a farm system. Calling players up allows the organization to evaluate talent and give their young kids experience that will help down the road.
Nobody in the farm can play as well as him yet. And we have cap
Space.

Old
10-04-2011, 11:03 AM
Colt Seavers

Quote:

Agree with this.

Old
10-04-2011, 11:04 AM
NickyFotiu

I dont know that being placed on waivers means Sean is gone for sure. EC could be placed on waivers as well. Weise was also placed on waivers. If Sean (or EC or Weise) are gone I thank them for their time as NY Rangers and I wish them well with their futures

Old
10-04-2011, 11:05 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcadeEyes View Post
Man, I was looking forward to him being on that show the most. Fück.

I think everyone was looking forward to it... and why? Because he does stupid stuff sometimes. It had to come up in the meetings.

Old
10-04-2011, 11:05 AM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
I dont know that being placed on waivers means Sean is gone for sure. EC could be placed on waivers as well. Weise was also placed on waivers. If Sean (or EC or Weise) are gone I thank them for their time as NY Rangers and I wish them well with their futures
Darren Dreger
Hearing (NYR)Weise is likely to get claimed. Fights, can skate..good hockey sense.

Old
10-04-2011, 11:06 AM
Colt Seavers

Dreger tweets:

-Depth leaves Avery on the outside, headed for Waivers. Bourque had a terrific camp, Hagelin, Weise if he doesn't get claimed, Newbury, etc.

-Hearing (NYR)Weise is likely to get claimed. Fights, can skate..good hockey sense.

Closed Thread