HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Weise claimed by Vancouver

Closed Thread

Old
10-04-2011, 11:19 AM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
I am glad for Dale, especially if this means he will get NHL playing time. That's what it means, right? Will certainly be missed in Hartford. Fan favorite.

Old
10-04-2011, 11:19 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomE View Post
well, they haven't won the Cup.. ever.. soooooo
I would take a team that makes it to the Finals and returns all of their main pieces from last season.

Old
10-04-2011, 11:26 AM
Parker

Happy trails Weise, just didn't have a spot to fit in on this Rangers squad.

I'll always remember him for dumping Gatorade all over himself:

Old
Abooch68

at least Christensen will help get some extra points in the shootout..

Old
Inferno
HFB Partner

weise was terrible...i seriously dont know how anyone could care about him being claimed...honestly he was BADLY outplayed by Bourque and Hagelin...not just a little...BADLY. id be shocked if he turned out to be an NHL regular. big bodies doesnt mean crap if you cant do anything with it other than get your ass kicked.

Old
10-04-2011, 11:27 AM
Leslie Treff
Hockey's Future Staff

He has definitely been claimed. It's a shame, as he has some of Callahan's grit, leadership abilities, and can be more offensive with some work. Weise is a solid third to fourth line player, who can tussle (but should be very careful who he picks a fight with). I felt that he could be part of a package to bring in some experienced D to New York, but it did not happen.

Old
10-04-2011, 11:28 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abooch68 View Post
at least Christensen will help get some extra points in the shootout..
Not from the press box.

10-04-2011, 11:30 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Not from the press box.
Chances are pretty good we have at least 1 forward injured for 40-50 games of the season. He'll play.

I mean look at the games Todd White got last year.

Old
10-04-2011, 11:30 AM
JanErixon20

Vancouver picked him up.

Old
10-04-2011, 11:34 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

I dont understand the love affair with Weise. I mean, the good ones are the guys who come in and show flashes/immediate results.

Weise never showed me much at the NHL level. Hustle and strength and heart -- that describes about 99 pct of all bottom-6 guys in the NHL.

Old
10-04-2011, 11:35 AM
Miller Time NYR
Wrong^

Never really likes Weiss, very basic and simple to me..yes that's a good thing but we don't need that with a dynamic bottom 6 like ours. Good for him hopefully getting a shot in vancouver, never really saw a spot for him on this team he was outplayed by a few guys in camp/preseason.

Idk where people get him being a good fighter from, any fight I've seen him in he was a punchingbag on skates.

Old
10-04-2011, 11:40 AM
Kane One
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 1343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffen View Post
Didn't care much for Weise. A 4th liner who can't scrap...
This. I never really liked him during the few games he played.

10-04-2011, 11:49 AM
pld459666

My problem with Weise is that this year specifically there was a role for him. Be that as a 13th forward or sneak in as the 12th guy, whatever.

He showed up and did nothing to earn that spot here. Golden opportunity to make the team and he pulled a Claude Rains

Old
10-04-2011, 11:50 AM
Net Front Presence
Harvester of Sorrow

vCash: 1092
Wow what is going on today

Old
10-04-2011, 11:51 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerdanger20 View Post
Never really likes Weiss, very basic and simple to me..yes that's a good thing but we don't need that with a dynamic bottom 6 like ours. Good for him hopefully getting a shot in vancouver, never really saw a spot for him on this team he was outplayed by a few guys in camp/preseason.

Idk where people get him being a good fighter from, any fight I've seen him in he was a punchingbag on skates.
Voros is/was a better fighter than Weise.....which is scary.

Weise wasnt very fast, didnt have great hands, wasn't a good fighter....i fail to see the intrigue in this player.

Old
10-04-2011, 11:51 AM
freewheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffen View Post
Didn't care much for Weise. A 4th liner who can't scrap...
And who will scrap in his place, Christensen? He hit and made some opportunities, and is still young. Not happy about this.

Old
10-04-2011, 11:58 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by freewheeler View Post
And who will scrap in his place?
Prust? Rupp?

Old
10-04-2011, 11:59 AM
N9Y4R
Bleed Blue

Good for Weise, Vancouver is a great organization that should continue to compete for the cup for at least the next few years. Hope he gets a chance to play.

Old
10-04-2011, 12:04 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by freewheeler View Post
And who will scrap in his place, Christensen? He hit and made some opportunities, and is still young. Not happy about this.
he hit? when? i dont recall seeing him hit anyone that made me say...wow, nice hit. what opportunities did he make? i mean i know he scored a goal, which i really cant remember all that well, i think it was just a situation where he found the puck on his stick and put it into an empty net if im not mistaken...but other than that he did Jack. i just dont see a good hockey player there. i question his hockey iq, he doesnt have good wheels, cant fight worth a lick, didnt lay anyone out.....what exactly is the great appeal on him?

Old
10-04-2011, 12:14 PM
Kendo

I didn't see much of a spot for him on the team anyway. On the right side, he wouldn't slot into the top three lines, and I feel that we have the best fourth line RW'er this team has seen in ages in Prustie.

I like the kid. His post-draft interviews were amazingly humble and level-headed, but he's another Dane Byers.

If any team is missing a more established fourth liner in his position, he would be a great fit. Unfortunately (for him), our fourth line is among the top in the league if you ask me.

Old
10-04-2011, 12:32 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendo View Post
I didn't see much of a spot for him on the team anyway. On the right side, he wouldn't slot into the top three lines, and I feel that we have the best fourth line RW'er this team has seen in ages in Prustie.

I like the kid. His post-draft interviews were amazingly humble and level-headed, but he's another Dane Byers.

If any team is missing a more established fourth liner in his position, he would be a great fit. Unfortunately (for him), our fourth line is among the top in the league if you ask me.
we've got 4 legitimate "elite" 4th liners on this team. Fedotenko, Rupp, Boyle, and Prust.

no spot for him whatsoever.

Old
10-04-2011, 12:32 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

I'm not going to get too bent out of shape, but i cant say im happy with losing two players today.

I'm not a gigantic Avery or Weise fan but what I liked about going into this season was the depth. I thought Weise had a great camp and was close to making it. Avery had a great camp as well.

Each players contribution to the team both on and off the ice, however positive or negative can be debated. But the Rangers aren't as strong as they were yesterday. Is it the end of the world? No, absolutely not. And maybe its addition by subtraction with Avery. But god for bid if their are injuries (and we all know thats possible the way this team plays) retaining at least one of them would have been nice. I'm sure no one will pick up Avery anyway, but I doubt hell get recalled at anytime after this or if hell be willing to put in an honest effort. After all he busted his ass and had a great camp, all for a final result of getting waived.

But all in all, its nothing to get too crazy about. I just love having depth, whether its Christensen, Avery, Weise or whomever.

Old
10-04-2011, 12:35 PM
Bardof425*

Bad fighter, average skater, average player; no future here. A non event.

Old
10-04-2011, 12:37 PM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
he hit? when? i dont recall seeing him hit anyone that made me say...wow, nice hit. what opportunities did he make? i mean i know he scored a goal, which i really cant remember all that well, i think it was just a situation where he found the puck on his stick and put it into an empty net if im not mistaken...but other than that he did Jack. i just dont see a good hockey player there. i question his hockey iq, he doesnt have good wheels, cant fight worth a lick, didnt lay anyone out.....what exactly is the great appeal on him?
he scored in the AHL. It never translated to the NHL game. Again, this is a non event.

Old
10-04-2011, 12:37 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Interesting - Lebrun reporting that Couver tried to trade for Weisse last season

Closed Thread