HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Weise claimed by Vancouver

Closed Thread

Old
10-04-2011, 12:37 PM
JeffMangum
Debaser

vCash: 500
Canucks tried to trade for Weise last season so not surprised they claimed him off waivers

LeBrun

Old
10-04-2011, 12:47 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Canucks tried to trade for Weise last season so not surprised they claimed him off waivers

LeBrun
Real_ESPNLeBrun Pierre LeBrun

Doh. Should have traded him last season. Yes hindsight comment, gotta love those.

Old
10-04-2011, 12:48 PM
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz

Dammit! we could have had a Sedin.

Old
10-04-2011, 12:48 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

I don't imagine they were offering the moon for him.

Its a net loss, but not a huge one.

Old
10-04-2011, 12:49 PM
Orr Nightmare

Funny how he doesn't have enough talent to play for the Rangers but a much better team that went to the Finals claims him. How or what torts sees in EC in beyond me...guy sucks and has no heart....all that talent and he could give 2 *****.

Old
10-04-2011, 12:51 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post

LeBrun
this is just plan stupid and let me say I warned everyone about Torts. The Rangers are losing grit and edge by the second in the system. Weise should be with this team no if's ands or butts. The guy has had a solid camp he busted it for his teammates and did nothing wrong . The same for Byers last season. The Rangers are losing grit and solid NHL bottom 6 players for nothing and no excuses. The rangers could have had a extra 4th or 5th round pick for Weise at min. We lose him for nothing. Torts and Sather blew this they should be stock piling not losing. A 25 goal guy no for sure but a 10-14 35 point guy with 130 pims yes sucks he is gone

Old
10-04-2011, 12:54 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
Funny how he doesn't have enough talent to play for the Rangers but a much better team that went to the Finals claims him. How or what torts sees in EC in beyond me...guy sucks and has no heart....all that talent and he could give 2 *****.
O_o

seriously, this is your argument? because Vancouver claims him, hes better all of a sudden? Thats just a stupid way to look at things.

Heres a better way.

How did he play? Did he stand out as compared to comparable players at training camp? Will it hurt us to lose him?

My answers to these are:

Mediocre at best.

Not 1 iota.

Not at all.

Old
SomE

Quote:
no, he doesn't lack heart. he lacks confidence

Old
vanwest

Quote:
To be fair, the Canucks biggest hole is their fourth line. He probably has a better chance of making the fourth line in Vancouver than in NY. We have Lapierre and then no real other established players on the fourth line until Kesler and Raymond come back and push other players down the depth chart.
It sounds like the Rangers already have some good solid fourth line depth.

Old
10-04-2011, 12:55 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

I'd rather they hung on to him, but in terms of grit I don't think the team is lacking, except on defense.

The Rangers have 6 forwards in the top 60 in hitting last year.

Boyle, Callahan, Dubinsky, Fedotenko, Rupp, Prust. That is 6 guys in a category where the league average is 2.

I do think Weise, like Avery, could bring more to this team than Christensen as a spare forward. And there is no cap # excuse this time.

Old
10-04-2011, 12:55 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
this is just plan stupid and let me say I warned everyone about Torts. The Rangers are losing grit and edge by the second in the system. Weise should be with this team no if's ands or butts. The guy has had a solid camp he busted it for his teammates and did nothing wrong . The same for Byers last season. The Rangers are losing grit and solid NHL bottom 6 players for nothing and no excuses. The rangers could have had a extra 4th or 5th round pick for Weise at min. We lose him for nothing. Torts and Sather blew this they should be stock piling not losing. A 25 goal guy no for sure but a 10-14 35 point guy with 130 pims yes sucks he is gone
ahh yes, losing edge...good thing we didnt do something stupid like making Ryan Callahan, the toughest, hardest working, grittiest player in our entire system the captain. Or go out and sign Mike Rupp to essentially take over Vinny Prospals spot.

Old
10-04-2011, 12:59 PM
TrollololBoyle

Eh who cares? Can find dozens more like him in the scrap heap and waiver wire.

He was nothing special.

Old
10-04-2011, 01:00 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
ahh yes, losing edge...good thing we didnt do something stupid like making Ryan Callahan, the toughest, hardest working, grittiest player in our entire system the captain. Or go out and sign Mike Rupp to essentially take over Vinny Prospals spot.
Hey Inferno please for one second take the blinders off and listen.. The Rangers are small no one in the world loves cally more then me he is leader and prime example of how to play the game but he also needs to be on the ice and playing not in the box for 5 or injured for having to play policeman.. Stop the non sense prospel missed 85% of the season. Rupp took Boogy place not prospal .. Prust got his a@@ kicked by every heavy he fought including rupp don't tell me we are tough enough i know facts.. Oh yea Feds scares a lot of people

Old
10-04-2011, 01:03 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Ahh of course, more people making a big deal out of something that's not. Warned us about Torts waiving players who were subpar in the preseason? Thanks, nostradamus.

Old
10-04-2011, 01:04 PM
Mint Berry Crunch
hfbrods pls...

Send a message via AIM to Mint Berry Crunch
Quote:
Hey Inferno please for one second take the blinders off and listen.. The Rangers are small no one in the world loves cally more then me he is leader and prime example of how to play the game but he also needs to be on the ice and playing not in the box for 5 or injured for having to play policeman.. Stop the non sense prospel missed 85% of the season. Rupp took Boogy place not prospal .. Prust got his a@@ kicked by every heavy he fought including rupp don't tell me we are tough enough i know facts.. Oh yea Feds scares a lot of people
For what it's worth, Dale Weise isn't the most intimidating forward in the world either...

Old
10-04-2011, 01:07 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Really? Arguing over Dale Weise? I think the guy can be an okay/serviceable bottom liner, but he's not scoring 10 goals and he's not an upgrade on anyone already here. It's nothing to lose sleep over.

Old
10-04-2011, 01:17 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Boogeys place? what boogeys place? boogey didnt have a place...he hardly played even when he was healthy....he sucked plain and simple. Rupp is going to play all over the lineup, but mostly with Stepan one would assume....thats pretty much where prospal was playing, though every once in a while he played with Gabby to try to get him going.

the team let the NHL in hits (4th in road hits). They took the 6th most majors in the game, 8th most misconducts, 12th in penalty minutes...and all we did was add Rupp, a tough sob who can play regular minutes, and Brad Richards, a skilled guy but not a softie either.

i seriously question if you even pay attention during the hockey season or not...your love for players with no thumbs but fists of fury (and somehow Dale Weise who has neither thumbs, or fists of fury) is obvious.

Old
10-04-2011, 01:20 PM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken View Post
Really? Arguing over Dale Weise? I think the guy can be an okay/serviceable bottom liner, but he's not scoring 10 goals and he's not an upgrade on anyone already here. It's nothing to lose sleep over.
Yeah, I don't get the love affair that some people have here with Dale Weise. He's Aaron Voros 2.0 -- plays hard, drops the gloves, but very little talent and gets his ass kicked just about every time. Players like Dale Weise are a dime a dozen.

Old
10-04-2011, 01:21 PM
Kovalev27
BEST IN THE WORLD

good for the kid. never was going to play here. the minute brandon prust showed what he could do weise's future with us was over. i'm glad he gets an nhl gig

Old
10-04-2011, 01:22 PM
Miller Time NYR
Wrong^

Quote:
Voros is/was a better fighter than Weise.....which is scary.

Weise wasnt very fast, didnt have great hands, wasn't a good fighter....i fail to see the intrigue in this player.
100% agree, his "loss" doesnt effect this club at all, just the few fans looking for a heartwarming story about an all heart 4th liner that earned himself 8 minutes a night...

Old
10-04-2011, 01:23 PM
Rangerfans

The fact that we are talking about the drastic loss of Dale Weiss scares the bejeebus outta me.

Old
10-04-2011, 01:25 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mint Berry Crunch View Post
For what it's worth, Dale Weise isn't the most intimidating forward in the world either...
i have to agree with that. if you are gonna down play Prust's toughness for losing to every heavy, than Weise's toughness is a joke. Prust >>> Weise. I don't think anyone would disagree with that. Would have liked Weise as the 13th over EC. Just makes more sense from a both 6 pov but let's not confuse Weise for Chris Neil. the guy is gritty but not that tough.

Old
10-04-2011, 01:25 PM
Miller Time NYR
Wrong^

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukSOGoal View Post
Eh who cares? Can find dozens more like him in the scrap heap and waiver wire.

He was nothing special.
EXACTLY

Old
10-04-2011, 01:28 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Voros is/was a better fighter than Weise.....which is scary.

Weise wasnt very fast, didnt have great hands, wasn't a good fighter....i fail to see the intrigue in this player.
one of Dagoons points appears to be that we lost him for nothing - bad asset management would be the accusation but if we really wanted to see him impress us in camp, i think we forfeited the option to get something in a trade for him. the gamble is he has an amazing camp and makes the team or he's on waivers and gets claimed. our gamble did not pay off (of Slats just folded prematurely). If he was kept as a 13th forward, maybe Vancouver gives us a 7th round pick for him.

Old
10-04-2011, 01:29 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

It's good to see the kid have the opportunity to play in nhl, but the Rangers will regret this in a few years when guys like fedotenko and EC are gone and Weise is a very solid 3/4th liner.

Closed Thread