HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Injury Talk: Markov to rejoin team at the end of Oct? Ryan White out indefinitely

Closed Thread

Old
10-04-2011, 11:40 AM
TheGoalJudge

vCash: 500
Maybe our 3rd line will really be DD-Eller-Cole.

That's pretty solid.

Old
10-04-2011, 11:46 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoalJudge View Post

That's pretty solid.
I think there's going to be a lot of line shifting this year. Scoring depth can be a strength.

Don't forget Cole gets a lot of unassisted goals off of breakaways.

Old
10-04-2011, 12:23 PM
Paddyjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
AK and Desharnais were terrible together in the pre-season, once Eller is back Cole will probably be put with Plekanec and we'll see AK and Eller put back together.
Anyone playing with AK looks terrible.

Old
10-04-2011, 12:40 PM
Gainey#1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoalJudge View Post

That's pretty solid.
I'm sorry, but I just can't explain how disappointed I am that Cole is on the 3rd line.

The whole reason we got him was to create space for Plekanec and Cammalleri. It was a glaring need and Cole addresses that.

We didn't sign him to create space for Darche and Desharnais, two career plugs.

From Skinner/Staal to Darche/Desharnais...only in Montreal.

Old
10-04-2011, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekamaniac View Post
I'm sorry, but I just can't explain how disappointed I am that Cole is on the 3rd line.

The whole reason we got him was to create space for Plekanec and Cammalleri. It was a glaring need and Cole addresses that.

Do you recall what the starting lineup was last October, and how it looked in April?

Old
10-04-2011, 01:26 PM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekamaniac View Post

Lines used in practice on October 4th are written in stone and teams are not allowed to change them throughout the season. This is a known fact.

Old
10-04-2011, 02:21 PM
neofury*

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...657/story.html

Skip to the final paragraph.

Found out from this dog **** bad site that employs 12 year old Korean kids for NHL writers: http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nhl/1134/andrei-markov

Either way though, does that mean it's worse than we thought yesterday?

Old
10-04-2011, 02:24 PM
windycity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Lines used in practice on October 4th are written in stone and teams are not allowed to change them throughout the season. This is a known fact.
The NHL should change that rule I think

Old
10-04-2011, 02:36 PM
swimmer77
Post Oates

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...657/story.html

Skip to the final paragraph.

Found out from this dog **** bad site that employs 12 year old Korean kids for NHL writers: http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nhl/1134/andrei-markov

Either way though, does that mean it's worse than we thought yesterday?
My only source of information on the "markov recovery project" is from the HF resident Dr. 417.

Having said that I go with a target date of October 2014 whereby he'll play a season, miss the playoffs and the Habs will sign him for another 3 years while hoping for the best.

Old
10-04-2011, 02:57 PM
la25ecoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
I found a hole in that rule.. the coach can change the lines on the 2nd shift..

Old
10-04-2011, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
My only source of information on the "markov recovery project" is from the HF resident Dr. 417.

Having said that I go with a target date of October 2014 whereby he'll play a season, miss the playoffs and the Habs will sign him for another 3 years while hoping for the best.
again...you can keep making jokes i don't understand if they bring you pleasure, doesn't affect me one bit.

I've been pretty clear about Markov and his knee...he's still recovering from his second ACL surgery, a recovery process that can take UP TO 12 months and as of this weekend, it will have been 10 months since his surgery. I'm not sure what else you would like me to add on this, I haven't given out any additional information that hasn't already been released or isn't readily available by doing a quick google search...

at least if you're going to try to 'jab' me...make some kind of sense.

Old
10-04-2011, 03:25 PM
swimmer77
Post Oates

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
again...you can keep making jokes i don't understand if they bring you pleasure, doesn't affect me one bit.

I've been pretty clear about Markov and his knee...he's still recovering from his second ACL surgery, a recovery process that can take UP TO 12 months and as of this weekend, it will have been 10 months since his surgery. I'm not sure what else you would like me to add on this, I haven't given out any additional information that hasn't already been released or isn't readily available by doing a quick google search...

at least if you're going to try to 'jab' me...make some kind of sense.
My biggest beef is that you are "sold" with this 12 months stuff and I don't think the Habs' organization was. Now it seems inevitable. I have not found one quote from Martin or Gauthier that indicated they were prepared for a 12 month recovery. I did find a quote that you objected to from Markov himself. Marinaro, who I have been told is a reliable source, has indicated some frustration within the Habs organization. IMHO the Campoli signing is also a red flag that something isn't going as planned. The latest is no "target date" with conflicting statements about an alleged "schedule".

Markov was a great player and there is no doubt about that. I respect your allegiance to the player but things look a little dicey to me. I was anticipating Markov being in camp and that was based on Markov's POV and lack of concern / moves from management during the summer. I figured it would take Markov a few months to shake the rust off.

Maybe it is just me but am I the only one who thinks the Habs' organization was under the impression Markov would be back sooner?

Old
10-04-2011, 03:39 PM

Quote:
My biggest beef is that you are "sold" with this 12 months stuff and I don't think the Habs' organization was. Now it seems inevitable. I have not found one quote from Martin or Gauthier that indicated they were prepared for a 12 month recovery. I did find a quote that you objected to from Markov himself. Marinaro, who I have been told is a reliable source, has indicated some frustration within the Habs organization. IMHO the Campoli signing is also a red flag that something isn't going as planned. The latest is no "target date" with conflicting statements about an alleged "schedule".

Markov was a great player and there is no doubt about that. I respect your allegiance to the player but things look a little dicey to me. I was anticipating Markov being in camp and that was based on Markov's POV and lack of concern / moves from management during the summer. I figured it would take Markov a few months to shake the rust off.

Maybe it is just me but am I the only one who thinks the Habs' organization was under the impression Markov would be back sooner?
Again, I think you have a problem with reading comprehension...

Whether or not i'm 'sold' on this '12 months stuff' has NOTHING to do with anything...I'm not making this up, go look up anything you want on ACL surgeries and recovery, and you'll see that recover for this type of injury is generally 6 to 12 months.

And in the case of a RE-INJURY, it's more like 9-12 months...

Markov had his second surgery on December 8, 2010...which means that as of this saturday, it will have been 10 months since his latest ACL surgery. Which means that at this point, him not being ready to play in a game isn't all that surprising.

Now, if I can find this information just by doing a google search...I would imagine the habs doctors, when consulted by the Canadiens about them re-signing Markov, would also be privy to this type of information and would let the Habs management know that Markov may not be ready for game 1 of the year, but that at some point in November or December, he would be ready to return.

Again, i'm not sure what's so hard to understand here? Do you really think the Habs didn't do any homework before signing Markov?

This has nothing to do with my allegance for Markov...it's just common sense.

I've read several quotes from PC since Markov had surgery and since they signed him that they were confident Markov's knee would be back to 100%. They never gave a timeline because the human body doesn't work that way, it could very well take up to 1 year for Markov's knee to be fully stable enough to begin to play hockey...and if thats the case, then so be it. The coaching staff and management felt comfortable with that scenario obviously, they signed him to a 3 year deal.

You're really naive if you think the Montreal Canadiens based their decision to sign Markov on the sole belief that he would be ready for game 1.

Come on man

Last edited by 417: 10-04-2011 at 03:44 PM.
Old
10-04-2011, 03:39 PM
groovejuice

Seems very reasonable to me that Markov and management were informed after the surgery of the best case scenario, the usual rehab period and an assortment of set-back possibilities. Apparantly Markov seemed to be recovering quickly, but then had a minor set-back. Nothing to do with incompetance or conspiracy. Habs seem to be reluctant to discuss most any internal issue, injuries included. The silence should not be assumed to be anything but this.

Old
10-04-2011, 03:49 PM
swimmer77
Post Oates

Quote:
Again, I think you have a problem with reading comprehension...

Whether or not i'm 'sold' on this '12 months stuff' has NOTHING to do with anything...I'm not making this up, go look up anything you want on ACL surgeries and recovery, and you'll see that recover for this type of injury is generally 6 to 12 months.

And in the case of a RE-INJURY, it's more like 9-12 months...

Markov had his second surgery on December 8, 2010...which means that as of this saturday, it will have been 10 months since his latest ACL surgery. Which means that at this point, him not being ready to play in a game isn't all that surprising.

Now, if I can find this information just by doing a google search...I would imagine the habs doctors, when consulted by the Canadiens about them re-signing Markov, would also be privy to this type of information and would let the Habs management know that Markov may not be ready for game 1 of the year, but that at some point in November or December, he would be ready to return.

Again, i'm not sure what's so hard to understand here? Do you really think the Habs didn't do any homework before signing Markov?

This has nothing to do with my allegance for Markov...it's just common sense
So you are saying that management fully anticipated this little setback, and that management from the day Markov signed the contract had an inkling Markov would not be back until December possibly? I don't buy it. Chain of events suggest otherwise.

Old
10-04-2011, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejuice View Post
Seems very reasonable to me that Markov and management were informed after the surgery of the best case scenario, the usual rehab period and an assortment of set-back possibilities. Apparantly Markov seemed to be recovering quickly, but then had a minor set-back. Nothing to do with incompetance or conspiracy. Habs seem to be reluctant to discuss most any internal issue, injuries included. The silence should not be assumed to be anything but this.
Wait...what are you doing there? Inserting logic and removing conspiracy theories?

You mean the Habs didn't just walk over to Markov's house with a blank cheque and asked him to draft up his own contract?

get outta here!

Old
10-04-2011, 03:51 PM
aingaran
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddyjack View Post
Anyone playing with AK looks terrible.
Have we conceded that we should have kept Grabovski instead of the Kostitsyn brothers?

Old
10-04-2011, 03:53 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by aingaran View Post
Have we conceded that we should have kept Grabovski instead of the Kostitsyn brothers?
Yes !

+ Latendresse, Lapierre and D'Agostini.

Old
10-04-2011, 03:54 PM

Quote:
So you are saying that management fully anticipated this little setback, and that management from the day Markov signed the contract had an inkling Markov would not be back until December possibly? I don't buy it. Chain of events suggest otherwise.
wow...it's like talking to a brick wall.

What i'm saying is that when management signed Markov...they knew entirely the risk they were taking as well as the WELL DOCUMENTED lengnth of recovery. I'm sure worst case scenarios AND best case scenarios were presented to them before they made their decisions. What do you think this is? Garage league hockey? It's the NHL man, they pay people handsomely to help them make these types of decisions...they don't make decisions that involve millions of dollars just off a whim...

You don't have to buy it if you don't want...it's plainly obvious that facts are not your forte.

Wild speculation and conspiracy theories are more of your thing.

Old
10-04-2011, 03:57 PM
swimmer77
Post Oates

Quote:
wow...it's like talking to a brick wall.

What i'm saying is that when management signed Markov...they knew entirely the risk they were taking as well as the WELL DOCUMENTED lengnth of recovery. I'm sure worst case scenarios AND best case scenarios were presented to them before they made their decisions. What do you think this is? Garage league hockey? It's the NHL man, they pay people handsomely to help them make these types of decisions...they don't make decisions that involve millions of dollars just off a whim...

You don't have to buy it if you don't want...it's plainly obvious that facts are not your forte.

Wild speculation and conspiracy theories are more of your thing.
Or yours................

Old
10-04-2011, 03:57 PM
aingaran
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
+ Latendresse
Ouff that's another one.
Pouliot was a house on fire for the first 20-30 games..
But god damn now.

Old
10-04-2011, 04:00 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Who in their right mind would concede that? I would never swap AK for Grabovsky.

Old
10-04-2011, 04:14 PM
aingaran
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Who in their right mind would concede that? I would never swap AK for Grabovsky.
Despite how their careers have been since Grabovski's departure from MTL to Toronto?

Old
10-04-2011, 04:18 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Despite how their careers have been since Grabovski's departure from MTL to Toronto?
Grabovsky is the #1 center there by default, here he would be #3, big difference.

Old
10-04-2011, 04:37 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Grabovsky is the #1 center there by default, here he would be #3, big difference.
Had you said "second to Plekanec" it was something you could sell based on a 2-way game but #3? No way.

That was a bad trade plain and simple, the Habs would be a better team were the trade reversed.

Closed Thread