HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Weise claimed by Vancouver

Closed Thread

Old
10-04-2011, 01:30 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
one of Dagoons points appears to be that we lost him for nothing - bad asset management would be the accusation but if we really wanted to see him impress us in camp, i think we forfeited the option to get something in a trade for him. the gamble is he has an amazing camp and makes the team or he's on waivers and gets claimed. our gamble did not pay off (of Slats just folded prematurely). If he was kept as a 13th forward, maybe Vancouver gives us a 7th round pick for him.
if weise had a great camp, he woulda made the team, clearly...but he didnt...i mean, i guess its bad asset management if someone was willing to give us something for him, but clearly they didnt.

Old
10-04-2011, 01:30 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
this is just plan stupid and let me say I warned everyone about Torts. The Rangers are losing grit and edge by the second in the system. Weise should be with this team no if's ands or butts. The guy has had a solid camp he busted it for his teammates and did nothing wrong . The same for Byers last season. The Rangers are losing grit and solid NHL bottom 6 players for nothing and no excuses. The rangers could have had a extra 4th or 5th round pick for Weise at min. We lose him for nothing. Torts and Sather blew this they should be stock piling not losing. A 25 goal guy no for sure but a 10-14 35 point guy with 130 pims yes sucks he is gone
Losing edge???!!! What?!

How are we ever going to make the playoffs now!

Old
10-04-2011, 01:31 PM
SomE

Quote:
Originally Posted by jexmex View Post
It's good to see the kid have the opportunity to play in nhl, but the Rangers will regret this in a few years when guys like fedotenko and EC are gone and Weise is a very solid 3/4th liner.
Because Weise is the only potential 3/4th liner they have in the system.. right?

jesus

Old
10-04-2011, 01:34 PM
OverTheCap

Was never a fan of Weise, but our depth took a hit today for sure. Hopefully Hagelin and Bourque can develop quickly.

Old
10-04-2011, 01:35 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Torts to speak to media at 3:00pm EST. Ready to watch the tears roll down his face when he talks about waving Weise, Bell, and Bickell?

Old
10-04-2011, 01:38 PM
RangerBlue62
Smoothies! Who's in?

With Weise out of the picture we are definitely missing the playoffs. Don't know what Slats was thinking....

Old
10-04-2011, 01:43 PM
LamoTheKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptCally View Post
With Weise out of the picture we are definitely missing the playoffs. Don't know what Slats was thinking....
For the good of the season, let's make this the new "Drury's weekend"

Old
10-04-2011, 01:47 PM
Rangerfans

Quote:
It's good to see the kid have the opportunity to play in nhl, but the Rangers will regret this in a few years when guys like fedotenko and EC are gone and Weise is a very solid 3/4th liner.
I beg to differ. Finding a 3/4th liner is pretty easy, to be honest.

Old
10-04-2011, 01:50 PM
freewheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
he hit? when? i dont recall seeing him hit anyone that made me say...wow, nice hit. what opportunities did he make? i mean i know he scored a goal, which i really cant remember all that well, i think it was just a situation where he found the puck on his stick and put it into an empty net if im not mistaken...but other than that he did Jack. i just dont see a good hockey player there. i question his hockey iq, he doesnt have good wheels, cant fight worth a lick, didnt lay anyone out.....what exactly is the great appeal on him?
He's got 10 career NHL games, and just turned 23. Is that what you're basing your entire analysis on? He put up numbers in CT, and as for a specific hit, I saw him lay-out Larsson pretty good, and then score immediately after. Not that I want to get into debating single plays....

Also, as Brooks pointed out, the Rangers could have placed Staal on IR for the time being and kept Weise a little longer. It might not have changed anything, but why release a guy before you have to?

Old
10-04-2011, 01:54 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by freewheeler View Post
He's got 10 career NHL games, and just turned 23. Is that what you're basing your entire analysis on? He put up numbers in CT, and as for a specific hit, I saw him lay-out Larsson pretty good, and then score immediately after. Not that I want to get into debating single plays....

Also, as Brooks pointed out, the Rangers could have placed Staal on IR for the time being and kept Weise a little longer. It might not have changed anything, but why release a guy before you have to?
i need to see the video again, because i dont recall him laying out Larsson....

hes played in 10 games and looked pretty craptastic in those 10 games. hes also come to camp how many times? and has never stood out. i dont get how anyone can be upset over this...frankly, its probably better for the organization, better leveraged minutes for Bourque and Hagelin in Connecticut.

Old
10-04-2011, 02:05 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
one of Dagoons points appears to be that we lost him for nothing - bad asset management would be the accusation but if we really wanted to see him impress us in camp, i think we forfeited the option to get something in a trade for him. the gamble is he has an amazing camp and makes the team or he's on waivers and gets claimed. our gamble did not pay off (of Slats just folded prematurely). If he was kept as a 13th forward, maybe Vancouver gives us a 7th round pick for him.

That's if you consider Weise "an asset". Given the quality of actual assets in the farm system, I'm not exactly sure the Rangers are losing anything here.

Old
10-04-2011, 02:05 PM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
O_o

seriously, this is your argument? because Vancouver claims him, hes better all of a sudden? Thats just a stupid way to look at things.

Heres a better way.

How did he play? Did he stand out as compared to comparable players at training camp? Will it hurt us to lose him?

My answers to these are:

Mediocre at best.

Not 1 iota.

Not at all.
How did EC play this preseason...guy is invisible until he does 1 decent thing and then becomes invisible again...glad we kept him.

Kid makes 600k this year...EC makes almost a million for what...the hope that we get to the shootout...that is just plain dumb.

at least get a pick for him...whatever the pick my be...to let him just walk is dumb.

Old
10-04-2011, 02:09 PM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:

hes played in 10 games and looked pretty craptastic in those 10 games. hes also come to camp how many times? and has never stood out. i dont get how anyone can be upset over this...frankly, its probably better for the organization, better leveraged minutes for Bourque and Hagelin in Connecticut.
so, we gave him 10 games to prove himself...that is great management right there...maybe we should try to get Sjostrom back...he will add something

Old
10-04-2011, 02:37 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mint Berry Crunch View Post
For what it's worth, Dale Weise isn't the most intimidating forward in the world either...
No way not by a long shot but EC fight the kid from the Flyers when he ran and injured Sauer last week? Did anyone on the ice? nope Dale Weise did on his next shift end of argument win lose or draw he was there for his team..

Old
10-04-2011, 02:38 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
I just really couldn't care less about losing him. We can grab some guy off the scrap heap to replace him.

Prove me wrong, Dale.

Old
10-04-2011, 02:57 PM
TrollololBoyle

Quote:
Regret what? They will have another player exactly like Dale Weise in a few years. Weise is a dime-a-dozen player, costs absolutely nothing, and can be found in a pile of garbage from any team in the league. And in a few years, he would have been out of the organization anyway at the age of 25-26, looking for a chance to play in the NHL. His NHL career will be very very short.

Old
10-04-2011, 03:42 PM
freewheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukSOGoal View Post
Regret what? They will have another player exactly like Dale Weise in a few years. Weise is a dime-a-dozen player, costs absolutely nothing, and can be found in a pile of garbage from any team in the league. And in a few years, he would have been out of the organization anyway at the age of 25-26, looking for a chance to play in the NHL. His NHL career will be very very short.
These guys aren't as interchangeable as you say. But then again, most of this group seems to think Boyle deserves 4th line minutes. Either way, seems silly to just let him walk.

Old
10-04-2011, 03:45 PM
freewheeler

Quote:

Indeed you do. And he has stood out in camp, and the coaching staff has had nice things to say about him. He just turned 23. He's obviously not elite talent, so he wasn't likely to crack the lineup as a 20 year old. There are plenty of solid players that need until they're 23-24 to develop into their bottom 6 roles. Bourque and Hagelin are not 4th line players. It looks like we're gearing up for another year of the 4th line being a dumping ground for the top 9 leftovers.

Old
10-04-2011, 04:27 PM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukSOGoal View Post
Prust was once considered a dime a dozen guy...we gave this kid 10 games to prove himself.

We have given EC 112 games...sounds about right...Rangers are notorious for these types of moves...Mike Knuble, Ian Laprriere and Dominick Moore are 3 guys that jump out at me right now....never good enough for the cup contending Rangers but good enough for everyone else.

I am not saying Dale Weise will be any of those guys but for anyone to say he sucks is basing that off of 10 games and a few preseason games...games in which he was more effective than my public enenmy #1...

We had to give up a 7th round pick for John Mitchell...but we can't even get that for Weise...makes total sense.

But we have Carl (Rico Fata) Haglein waiting in the wings...he will solve all of our problems.

Old
10-04-2011, 04:40 PM
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

I think me,you and Orr Nightmare love the tough guys most on this board but seriously we will survive w/out Weise..He was a punching bag that scared nobody..He was a worse fighter than Voros..I was pumped for Byers and Weise and neither will make a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
No way not by a long shot but EC fight the kid from the Flyers when he ran and injured Sauer last week? Did anyone on the ice? nope Dale Weise did on his next shift end of argument win lose or draw he was there for his team..

Old
10-04-2011, 04:47 PM
17futurecap

Orr, I have no problem with you saying don't bash Weise after only ten games, that is very fair. But then you basically did the same thing to Hagelin who has never played an NHL game.

Old
10-04-2011, 04:51 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

I am always a little reluctant to see a young aggresive player leave the organization. I agree that Weise was part of a 3rd/4th line glut. I also know that a few years ago everyone was including Callahan in that group and some had even relegated Dubinsky to that glut. Before that it was Mikael Samuellson. Good luck in Vancouver Dale. Hope this isn't one that we regret down the line.

Old
10-04-2011, 05:00 PM
freewheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
Prust was once considered a dime a dozen guy...we gave this kid 10 games to prove himself.

We have given EC 112 games...sounds about right...Rangers are notorious for these types of moves...Mike Knuble, Ian Laprriere and Dominick Moore are 3 guys that jump out at me right now....never good enough for the cup contending Rangers but good enough for everyone else.

I am not saying Dale Weise will be any of those guys but for anyone to say he sucks is basing that off of 10 games and a few preseason games...games in which he was more effective than my public enenmy #1...

We had to give up a 7th round pick for John Mitchell...but we can't even get that for Weise...makes total sense.

But we have Carl (Rico Fata) Haglein waiting in the wings...he will solve all of our problems.
Well said. I would like to have seen a fourth line with Weise and Rupp together.....ya know, an actual checking line, something this Rupp-Stepan-Zuccarello thing is not.

Carl 'Rico Fata' Hagelin. Haha. I actually have the same concern in the few games I've seen Hagelin. Doesn't seem terribly creative, strong or effective along the boards. But he's faaaasssttt!

Old
10-04-2011, 05:00 PM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
Orr, I have no problem with you saying don't bash Weise after only ten games, that is very fair. But then you basically did the same thing to Hagelin who has never played an NHL game.
fair point...I like Carl...I want all Ranger players and prospects to do well...I just find humor in reading time and time again how great this guy will be and how another guy is expendable by people who have no clue, myself included.

Just to add to a previous post by Surf...I like the kids who throw their hands but that is not what endeared me to Weise because he is a terrible fighter...but he tried like hell and that is what made me a fan of his...to see EC get that spot kills me...yeah, he is good on the shootout but he has no heart and coasts...

Old
10-04-2011, 05:31 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by freewheeler View Post
Well said. I would like to have seen a fourth line with Weise and Rupp together.....ya know, an actual checking line, something this Rupp-Stepan-Zuccarello thing is not.

Carl 'Rico Fata' Hagelin. Haha. I actually have the same concern in the few games I've seen Hagelin. Doesn't seem terribly creative, strong or effective along the boards. But he's faaaasssttt!
You mean like Fedotenko-Boyle-Prust?

Closed Thread