Notices

ECHL affiliate?

Closed Thread

Old
10-26-2003, 05:27 AM
BlacknGold Barbarino

vCash: 500
ECHL affiliate?

Do the Bs currently have a AA affiliate, with the ECHL or other league? I know it was the Charlotte Checkers, then the Greenville Growl of the ECHL. After a falling-out with Growl, did the Bs affilliate with a different lower level minor league club?

I know a couple of players ended up with Atlantic City in the ECHL, but I don't believe this is an official affiliation. Anybody know the deal?

Old
10-26-2003, 05:39 AM
HockeyGoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Return of the Vin
Do the Bs currently have a AA affiliate, with the ECHL or other league? I know it was the Charlotte Checkers, then the Greenville Growl of the ECHL. After a falling-out with Growl, did the Bs affilliate with a different lower level minor league club?

I know a couple of players ended up with Atlantic City in the ECHL, but I don't believe this is an official affiliation. Anybody know the deal?
The Boardwalk Bullies (Atlantic City) are an independent ECHL club. The P-Bruins have assigned players to AC as well as the Trenton Titans thusfar this season. I'm not certain they have an official ECHL affiliate any longer.

An unofficial ECHL->AHL->NHL affiliation list can be found in the following thread:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=19140

The AHL board has a list of AHL->NHL affiliation as well, stickied at the top of the board.

Go Bruins, go Bruins, GO!!
Old
10-26-2003, 05:48 AM
Kirk- NEHJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Return of the Vin

The Bruins were unhappy with Greenville because the team was attempting to pick and choose which players they would take when the B's tried to assign some guys to the Grrowl a few seasons back.

Because of this, Boston is currently staying away from affiliating with any particular ECHL club and prefers to work out assignments with teams willing to take on the Boston prospects designated for assignment.

Old
10-26-2003, 01:52 PM
HockeyGoddess

The official ECHL - AHL - NHL affiliations can be seen at:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?postid=374497

Closed Thread