HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Kyle turris?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-04-2011, 01:24 PM
  #26
101st_fan
I taught Yoda
 
101st_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Some Army fort
Country: United States
Posts: 5,459
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
So you guys would rather have hartnell at $4 million and zero offensive upside?

Turris is ready to tear it up! Sure he puts up Haydar like numbers, but turris was drafted 3rd overall for a reason, because he's an offensive weapon! Haydar didn't have the intangibles turris does and was a 9th round pick long shot to make NHL

The only player the predators have ever drafted higher than turris is legwand. Sure he didn't live up to the hype but is still a bomb player making tons more than turris wants! And turris still has HUGE upside!


For you guys to say you wouldn't want turris on our team is absolutely ludicrous!!
Kid has tons of potential and at age 22 I think he is about ready to turn it on big time with a change if scenery and two years experience under his belt!

Turris will put up better numbers than 3/4 of our forwards, easily this season

If we can get him at 3-4 years at 2.5 per. Do it Poile!!

And one more time, he is from same province as mr.weber!



Also look at turris playoff stats from last year he had 3 points (2 goals) in 4 games. Imagine he got to play second round with a better team like us! He's the guy we need IMO
Hartnell averaged 22.8 goals per season over the past five seasons, Turris put up 11 as his career best last season. Yes, there is potential for Turris but as to date it is 100% unrealized. $2.5mil is what SK74 got for one after putting up 50 points ... what Turris is allegedly asking for is closer to what Hornqvist got for a 30g season ... after performing.


He was a #3 overall who has been outperformed at the NHL level by the #7 from a year later (Wilson). There is a lot of room for development in his game. He's rumored to be making contract demands that his play simply doesn't support. At $2.5mil long term, he isn't a smart option. The Preds would have a hard time burying that contract if his performance doesn't significantly improve.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 02:31 PM
  #27
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,384
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
So you guys would rather have hartnell at $4 million and zero offensive upside?

Turris is ready to tear it up! Sure he puts up Haydar like numbers, but turris was drafted 3rd overall for a reason, because he's an offensive weapon! Haydar didn't have the intangibles turris does and was a 9th round pick long shot to make NHL

The only player the predators have ever drafted higher than turris is legwand. Sure he didn't live up to the hype but is still a bomb player making tons more than turris wants! And turris still has HUGE upside!


For you guys to say you wouldn't want turris on our team is absolutely ludicrous!!
Kid has tons of potential and at age 22 I think he is about ready to turn it on big time with a change if scenery and two years experience under his belt!

Turris will put up better numbers than 3/4 of our forwards, easily this season

If we can get him at 3-4 years at 2.5 per. Do it Poile!!

And one more time, he is from same province as mr.weber!



Also look at turris playoff stats from last year he had 3 points (2 goals) in 4 games. Imagine he got to play second round with a better team like us! He's the guy we need IMO
By similar impeccable reasoning, the Preds were fools to not get in on the opportunity to trade for Nikita Filatov.

__________________
Remember - when you're a hockey fan, it's not "reckless driving", it's "good forechecking".
"Viqsi, you are our sweet humanist..." --mt-svk on the CBJ boards

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 03:19 PM
  #28
RaiderDoug
Registered User
 
RaiderDoug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Knoxville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,798
vCash: 500
I don't know if we can get this guy "on the cheap" just because he wants out of Phoenix.

All it takes is 2 teams and you have a bidding war, and odds are we won't be the only ones who are hoping to get something for nothing.

Would you guys be comfortable giving up Ellis and a 1st? Cause that might be the price tag.

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 03:27 PM
  #29
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 12,246
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post
I don't know if we can get this guy "on the cheap" just because he wants out of Phoenix.

All it takes is 2 teams and you have a bidding war, and odds are we won't be the only ones who are hoping to get something for nothing.

Would you guys be comfortable giving up Ellis and a 1st? Cause that might be the price tag.
I cant see on what planet that would be the return for a guy with 19 career goals(not a season, mind you...)

as i said before I'll take him off their hands for a low pick, otherwise, let him be someone elses problem

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 03:36 PM
  #30
MrJoshua
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Decatur, AL
Posts: 390
vCash: 500
The only way I can see Turris being brought in here is if he's an off-the-scrap-heap pickup acquired for a late-round pick and signed to a minimum one-year contract as a chance to prove himself. Certainly not while he's reported to be wanting $2.5-3m a year. That's Kostitsyn money without having a 50-point season to earn it first.

MrJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 03:51 PM
  #31
maplepred
Registered User
 
maplepred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,587
vCash: 500
You can't judge him on what he has done so far, the kid is only 22 years old! It's what he is GOING to do.

Really, if we were willing to trade Ellis for couturier, then we should be willing to give up a ton more for turris!

Also. If we want to Kostitsyn to turris let's do it!

Kostitsyn is 2 years older.

Sk's two seasons in Montreal before us he had 23 points in 08-09, and had 18 points in 09-10
Turris last two seasons with coyotes he has 20 points in 08-09 and 25 last season

Both need(ed) change of scenery and both will/did excel once they got it

Sk was drafted 200th overall while turris was 3rd overall


People said sk had attitude problems as well before we got him

Trotz gets a lot out of what he has, a guy that was drafted 3rd overall a few years ago has LOADS of potential!!


....or we could always just do nothing and have worst powerplay in league again for playoffs



Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I cant see on what planet that would be the return for a guy with 19 career goals(not a season, mind you...)

as i said before I'll take him off their hands for a low pick, otherwise, let him be someone elses problem

maplepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 04:00 PM
  #32
MrJoshua
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Decatur, AL
Posts: 390
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
You can't judge him on what he has done so far, the kid is only 22 years old! It's what he is GOING to do.

Really, if we were willing to trade Ellis for couturier, then we should be willing to give up a ton more for turris!

Also. If we want to Kostitsyn to turris let's do it!

Kostitsyn is 2 years older.

Sk's two seasons in Montreal before us he had 23 points in 08-09, and had 18 points in 09-10
Turris last two seasons with coyotes he has 20 points in 08-09 and 25 last season

Both need(ed) change of scenery and both will/did excel once they got it

Sk was drafted 200th overall while turris was 3rd overall


People said sk had attitude problems as well before we got him

Trotz gets a lot out of what he has, a guy that was drafted 3rd overall a few years ago has LOADS of potential!!


....or we could always just do nothing and have worst powerplay in league again for playoffs
...and Poile brought in SK for basically nothing and signed him to a league-minimum deal as a chance to prove himself, THEN signed him to a better contract after he put up a solid 50-point season.

That's quite opposed to Turris, who hasn't yet put up anything resembling a 50-point season. If Poile can get him for next-to-nothing and sign him to a deal at under $1m/year, great. I'd love to see it. But the guy has done NOTHING worth more than that at this point. And signing guys to multi-year deals for 2-3 times what they're worth is a terrible way to run a team.

People don't get paid for potential. They get paid for results. Once he proves he can do it by actually DOING it, then he'll get paid accordingly.

MrJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 04:03 PM
  #33
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 12,246
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
You can't judge him on what he has done so far, the kid is only 22 years old! It's what he is GOING to do.

Really, if we were willing to trade Ellis for couturier, then we should be willing to give up a ton more for turris!

Also. If we want to Kostitsyn to turris let's do it!

Kostitsyn is 2 years older.

Sk's two seasons in Montreal before us he had 23 points in 08-09, and had 18 points in 09-10
Turris last two seasons with coyotes he has 20 points in 08-09 and 25 last season

Both need(ed) change of scenery and both will/did excel once they got it

Sk was drafted 200th overall while turris was 3rd overall


People said sk had attitude problems as well before we got him

Trotz gets a lot out of what he has, a guy that was drafted 3rd overall a few years ago has LOADS of potential!!


....or we could always just do nothing and have worst powerplay in league again for playoffs

you dont trade major assets for a guy who only has potential AND also has an attitude problem.

we got SK for the rights to a guy who was going to be a UFA in a couple of weeks.

if PHX would give us Turris for that, fine, I'll take him

but for Ellis+, no way, at least not until he puts up 20+ in a season.

and Ellis for Coutourier wouldnt have cost us the big salary Turris wants, we would have time to see if he was the real deal before forking over millions

Edit: I see Mr Joshua beat me to it, but SK also signed for 550K. If Turris will do that, I'll listen

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 04:37 PM
  #34
maplepred
Registered User
 
maplepred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,587
vCash: 500
We got Kostitsyn for a lot cheaper because nobody at the time thought he had any potential, whereas turris is oozing potential!

Turris will more than likely be better than sk74, so much hype

Who says turris has attitude problems???

And another thing, 2.5 million for a guy that is oozing potential is not that much, look at what some of our other guys are making that won't get nearly the offense turris will.
We have to much cap space, show our big three we aren't super cheap and spend a little.

And who says we would have to give up 'major' assets to get turris?

I was thinking 2nd round pick and maybe josi, which is less than what people were willing to deal for 40 point hartnell


I also posted on prospect board who has more potential out of Wilson and turris, first reply says 'turris, no question'


All in all, I don't wanna debate this, but i think turris would be the BPA right now from an offensive POV, we should get him and go balls out to win a cup this year!

Or watch the powerplay fail again huge times and do nothing and watch all of the big three walk.....

maplepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 04:51 PM
  #35
PredaDORES
**** you Dale Tallon
 
PredaDORES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
We got Kostitsyn for a lot cheaper because nobody at the time thought he had any potential, whereas turris is oozing potential!

Turris will more than likely be better than sk74, so much hype

Who says turris has attitude problems???

And another thing, 2.5 million for a guy that is oozing potential is not that much, look at what some of our other guys are making that won't get nearly the offense turris will.
We have to much cap space, show our big three we aren't super cheap and spend a little.

And who says we would have to give up 'major' assets to get turris?

I was thinking 2nd round pick and maybe josi, which is less than what people were willing to deal for 40 point hartnell


I also posted on prospect board who has more potential out of Wilson and turris, first reply says 'turris, no question'


All in all, I don't wanna debate this, but i think turris would be the BPA right now from an offensive POV, we should get him and go balls out to win a cup this year!

Or watch the powerplay fail again huge times and do nothing and watch all of the big three walk.....

maplepred,

It really just seems like the "sexiness" of Turris is what's driving you here. There's no way in hell a team is going to trade a 2nd round pick AND a blue chip prospect AND pay $3 million a year for a player who only has potential. ESPECIALLY our organization. What makes you think Turris is going to improve our powerplay? Goalies are just going to lay down and let every shot in because we have a $3 million player who has potential? The kid has proven NOTHING. Wasting $3 million on a big headed kid who has proven nothing is EXACTLY what we don't need to do if we want to keep Weber, Suter, and Rinne.

PredaDORES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 04:52 PM
  #36
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,384
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
Who says turris has attitude problems???
Pretty much every single person who recognizes that demanding to be paid $3-4 mil per year for 25 points per season plus heretofore invisible "upside" is a massive inflation of self-worth, which constitutes a serious attitude issue.

Heck, if it weren't for that attitude issue, we wouldn't be able to talk about him being available to begin with!

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 05:57 PM
  #37
maplepred
Registered User
 
maplepred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,587
vCash: 500
I guess since he hasn't proven anything that 3 mill is a lot, but I just have such a gut feeling that this kid is going to phenomenal!

Can't wait to see him this year no matter what team he plays on. I just liked the idea for us because he has so much offensive upside, we could get him for less than he is worth, and we have Sooooo much cap space

Turris being from BC, would be cool as well because weber would take the youngster under his wing I'm sure


Well if turris is not for us, then who are we going to get for under $3million and has tons of offensive potential? If we get nobody that would be a shame, cuz this team could win a cup given the right piece of two and after this season, things could be a lot worse...

maplepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 07:06 PM
  #38
trevorbird
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Tennessee
Country: United States
Posts: 123
vCash: 500
This thread is a pretty funny read.

A+.

trevorbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:55 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.