Closed Thread

Old
09-27-2011, 11:48 AM
SaskRinkRat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by northernblizzard View Post
Was she a first year?
I'm not sure. Granted, she may not have been.

Have any of these teams finalized their rosters? Seems like they've been having tryouts forever now...

Old
09-28-2011, 01:37 PM
hockeylocker

Rosters are slowly being posted on the league website.

http://www.sbaahl.ca

Old
09-29-2011, 09:34 AM
hockeylocker

Northern division league play begins tonight. Here are my latest regular season predictions:
1) Sask Valley - undefeated in exhibition
2) Battlefords - hard working team
3) North East - the most talented team, team to beat after Christmas
4) West Central - talented as well, not as strong as top 3
5) Prince Albert - strong offensively; inexperienced back end
6) Humboldt - will compete, but lack depth

Fun begins tonight.

Old
10-03-2011, 06:03 PM
beenwatching

Going by the weekend scores in the north, it looks like Northeast is going to be the team to beat for the first part of the season anyway. I figured the Sask Valley team would give them a good game. Was anyone at the game to give some input on it? I am going to try get to the West Central games this weekend.

Old
10-03-2011, 06:23 PM
northernblizzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertacks View Post
(Well said IDC)
What Fransoo lacks in size and speed, she has made up for it with good positional play and outstanding puck smarts. That's what has kept her on the team. The boy's she bumped did not have those skills. She was the best Barons AA pee wee defence(person) last year. I would put her in the # 5 defender spot on this team.

But.... in a league with man-sized boys, full of testosterone and aggression, can she survive? I hope so! But only time will tell!
Wow! That is another impressive accomplishment, being the best defenceman on a AA Peewee with 4 points in 24 teams. I'm not saying that its not possible but it is surpirsing in Peewee that a team that scored 125 goals would have their top defenceman with 4 points.....

Old
10-04-2011, 09:57 AM
nosoup

Last edited by nosoup: 11-15-2011 at 11:56 PM.
Old
10-04-2011, 11:28 AM
hockeylocker

Although I was not at the game, I have spoken to a few that were there and all mentioned what Nosoup did was the fact that Amundrude was solid. They did mention that Sask Valley still counts on their big guns and Draude and Schatz were limited to what they could do, while North East has 3 lines with their top 2 expected to show up each night. The likes of Seaman, Grambo, Zary, Paziuk are expected to score and they did on the weekend. Fiske, Long, Gerwing are responsible d'men, and giving up only 2 goals in 2 games, North East goalies are doing their job. Melfort planned for this year, with or without combining, by carrying 8-1997s last year, the result is paying off early. Round one went to North East, there will be a few more rounds to go. I did pick Sask Valley finishing first, but the 6-0 score Sunday makes my prediction questionable.

Old
10-04-2011, 12:00 PM
SaskRinkRat

How are the other leagues looking? Any thoughts on the south or the GSHL?

Old
10-04-2011, 12:21 PM
IDC

Quote:
Wow! That is another impressive accomplishment, being the best defenceman on a AA Peewee with 4 points in 24 teams. I'm not saying that its not possible but it is surpirsing in Peewee that a team that scored 125 goals would have their top defenceman with 4 points.....
Good one northernblizzard!! I think supertacks should get back to selling peas in China and stay out of the self-promoting business haha

Last edited by IDC: 10-04-2011 at 12:26 PM.
Old
10-04-2011, 12:56 PM
supertacks

Quote:
Well northernblizzard, you obviously have a problem with a female player winning a spot over a boy! Since when does points decide how well a " DEFENCEman " plays? For a person who says they have no ties to this league, you sure are up on all the stats!

IDC, let me remind you. She was on the ice for one of the three goals on Sunday, and on the ice for one goal in the second period on Saturday,that's when Melanfant, in his usual loss of concentration, opened the flood gates and let in FIVE!!!

Looks like goaltending is going to be the downfall to the Barons.:

Old
10-04-2011, 02:36 PM
northernblizzard

Quote:
Well northernblizzard, you obviously have a problem with a female player winning a spot over a boy! Since when does points decide how well a " DEFENCEman " plays? For a person who says they have no ties to this league, you sure are up on all the stats!

IDC, let me remind you. She was on the ice for one of the three goals on Sunday, and on the ice for one goal in the second period on Saturday,that's when Melanfant, in his usual loss of concentration, opened the flood gates and let in FIVE!!!

Looks like goaltending is going to be the downfall to the Barons.:
Supertacks,
I mean no dis-respect but it is a surpising and unusual situation. (Female 1st year making the team and then the claim of being the top D-man on the Peewe team)
At any rate the 2010-2011 stats are still on the C-4 web site.

Old
10-04-2011, 04:38 PM
supertacks

Quote:
Supertacks,
I mean no dis-respect but it is a surpising and unusual situation. (Female 1st year making the team and then the claim of being the top D-man on the Peewe team)
At any rate the 2010-2011 stats are still on the C-4 web site.
northernblizzard,
I'm sorry your son got cut, but this is something you should discuss with the coaches and evaluaters, instead of taking shots at a player. Like I said, it will be interesting if she holds up through the season playing against man sized boys!

Old
10-04-2011, 05:19 PM
northernblizzard

Quote:
northernblizzard,
I'm sorry your son got cut, but this is something you should discuss with the coaches and evaluaters, instead of taking shots at a player. Like I said, it will be interesting if she holds up through the season playing against man sized boys!
Sorry, but my kids are much older so I'm just an observer.
I never took a shot at any player. If anything my shot is a bit more directed at coaching and related political situations that tend to happen.
I find it interesting that you would call someone out for taking shots at players with this comment:

Old
10-05-2011, 04:47 PM
supertacks

Quote:
Sorry, but my kids are much older so I'm just an observer.
I never took a shot at any player. If anything my shot is a bit more directed at coaching and related political situations that tend to happen.
I find it interesting that you would call someone out for taking shots at players with this comment:
Nothing worse than an upset hockey mom!
This is interesting an description I found. I bet you can relate.

The Hockey mom usually drives a pickup truck and lives on a farm. She is a stay at home mom with a large family (usually 7 kids, 3 girls, 4 boys. All boys play hockey)

The Hockey mom carries these interesting traits:
- drives an SUV or truck with duallies
- usually has a chipped upper front tooth
- usually dirty blonde with long hair parted in the middle, or long black and wavey
- wears tight levi's jeans from their high school days in the 80's
- listens to REO Speedwagon and Aerosmith
- Drinks vodka and rum and coke
- always nice to peoples face, but will stab you in the back as soon as you turn
- sits close to the coach on the bus
- Married to a redneck farmer that she met in high school. He inherited the farm and his mom was also a hockey mom.

And so it goes.........

Last edited by supertacks: 10-05-2011 at 05:05 PM.
Old
10-05-2011, 05:01 PM
SaskRinkRat

Quote:

The Hockey mom usually drives a pickup truck and lives on a farm. She is a stay at home mom with a large family (usually 7 kids, 3 girls, 4 boys. All boys play hockey)

- will cut off any SUV sporting a "IM A SOCCERMOM" bumper sticker
- usually dirty blonde with long hair parted in the middle, or long black and wavey
- wears tight levi's jeans from ther high school days in the 80's
- Married to a redneck farmer that she met in high school. He inherited the farm and his mom was also a hockey mom.

And so it goes.........
Probably the stupidest thing I've ever read on the internet.

Old
10-05-2011, 06:40 PM
IDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaskRinkRat View Post
Probably the stupidest thing I've ever read on the internet.
Ummm, yep.

Old
10-07-2011, 03:24 PM
NotTooLate

Quote:

- drives an SUV or truck with duallies
- wears tight levi's jeans from their high school days in the 80's
- always nice to peoples face, but will stab you in the back as soon as you turn
- sits close to the coach on the bus

And so it goes.........
My description of an idiot is someone who posts the above comments and thinks they are smart.
Keep the comments related to hockey and try not to be such an idiot.

Old
10-08-2011, 02:35 AM
supertacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotTooLate View Post
My description of an idiot is someone who posts the above comments and thinks they are smart.
Keep the comments related to hockey and try not to be such an idiot.
Sorry Lady!
Didn't mean to offend you. I'm not surprised with your comments. After reading your posts on thread: sask.top 1997's, you do come across as " holier than thou " (as pointed out) IDC fits the same catigory on that post. You are both so full of the B.S.

Please, keep the comments related to hockey to the people that know what they are talking about. Not some posers pretending they have all kinds of knowledge and experience.

Old
10-08-2011, 12:47 PM
PokeCheck101

I'm a casual responder but long time observer of HF Boards.....

The last half dozen sets of comments and the bantering back and forth is completely getting away from the purpose of the thread.

To quantify before I comment. I do not have a daughter playing hockey. I have a son playing AA. Let's take the GENDER out of the equation. There are a handful of examples I'm sure we can all come up with where for reasons unknown certain PLAYERS (a) are taken over others with seemingly more skill (b). The first few things that comes to mind is this: 1) Pedigree - Player has older siblings that showed promise, exceeded expectations over the long haul, coach willing to take the risk 2) Work ethic - player (a) gives 110% practices and games without question, 3) Attitude - player (a) is very coachable, player (b) has a bad attitude and not a consistent team player, 4) Parents - Player (a) parents are easy going, encouraging, etc, player (b) parent watches the stop watch, yells, screams, constant emails to the coach explaining his/her thoughts on direction team needs to go, thorn in the side of their own minor hockey executive, etc, etc, etc.

Now, the only argument I have, that I've seen happen is the pedigree issue and the sense of entitlement some have because they've had a few older kids make it to elite levels. Gender aside. It's cut and dry, if a kid is good enough to play, they're good enough to play. When politics creep in, it always makes for a long season. I'm not familar with Avery but familiar with some of the other Fransoo's and I'm sure they're related. Good talent.

Old
10-08-2011, 02:41 PM
hockeylocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenwatching View Post
Going by the weekend scores in the north, it looks like Northeast is going to be the team to beat for the first part of the season anyway. I figured the Sask Valley team would give them a good game. Was anyone at the game to give some input on it? I am going to try get to the West Central games this weekend.
Hey, did you happen to catch the West Central and North East game last night? Looks like North East has strong goaltending as they now have back to back shutouts heading into their next game against West Central today. One player for North East having a strong start is Grambo with 6 goals so far. Going by the league boxscores, it appears North East is getting scoring from everyone.

Anybody hear how Yorkton is doing in the Red Deer tourney?

Old
10-10-2011, 11:14 PM
beenwatching

I caught the games in Melfort, and the Wolfpack appears to be the real deal. They have 3 very strong lines and 2 very capable goaltenders. If they keep this play up they will not lose many games this year. As for West Central, they looked good at times, but it was hard to see alot of positives when they are not in control of the puck all that often.

Old
10-11-2011, 03:31 PM
IDC

Quote:
Sorry Lady!
Didn't mean to offend you. I'm not surprised with your comments. After reading your posts on thread: sask.top 1997's, you do come across as " holier than thou " (as pointed out) IDC fits the same catigory on that post. You are both so full of the B.S.

Please, keep the comments related to hockey to the people that know what they are talking about. Not some posers pretending they have all kinds of knowledge and experience.
supertacks, no more posting when you are in a drunken stupor. I almost took this post to heart until I saw the 1:35 AM posting time.

Old
10-14-2011, 01:38 PM
hockeylocker

Melville tourney this weekend. Not sure if there are any Saskatoon teams, but there will be some teams from both the North and South Divisions. If somebody can, could you post the scores.

Old
10-17-2011, 01:16 PM
SaskRinkRat

Anyone heard how things panned out in Melville this past weekend?

Old
10-18-2011, 12:33 AM
plumbob9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaskRinkRat View Post
Anyone heard how things panned out in Melville this past weekend?
Prairie storm looked very strong with a 3-0-0 record, Humboldt had the second best record with a 2-0-1 record, Weyburn was 1-1-1 and Melville only played 2 games in the round robin and were 1-0-1

Closed Thread